PDA

View Full Version : Lowest point. Ever

Penicuik Hibee
30-08-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm 47 and have followed Hibs through good and bad. But even although I've suffered 2 relegations and way too many defeats in big matches which have been hard to take, I have never have I felt so low as I do today.

Where do we go from here?

green day
30-08-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm 47 and have followed Hibs through good and bad. But even although I've suffered 2 relegations and way too many defeats in big matches which have been hard to take, I have never have I felt so low as I do today.

Up?

yankyhibby
30-08-2014, 04:38 PM

You are not alone. This is the lowest point I've ever seen my club at and boy, oh boy, does it hurt.
Where do we go from here? A question for Alan Stubbs and the hierarchy at Easter Road to answer. Over to you lot.

GreenLake
30-08-2014, 04:38 PM

On. That's where we go.

Phil D. Rolls
30-08-2014, 04:42 PM

We go on.

scuttle
30-08-2014, 04:45 PM

Division 2

malagahibby
30-08-2014, 04:45 PM
The last season in the first we were Bethan 1-2 with Stranraer in the first game of the season .
it was a wake up call and the rest is history.

leggeto
30-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Bad result today and shows we are in need of quality, if we don't get the finger out we will be mid table,lowest low so far for me too

Penicuik Hibee
30-08-2014, 04:51 PM
I remember it well. The difference is we had a team that bounced back and ended up with real quality. Not seeing it in this Hibs team. The fall from challenging for Europe to where we are now is just incredible. Complete free fall. The next 2 days are vital not just for this season but for the future of our team

edinburghhibs
30-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Where do we go? Useless, spineless players. Clueless manager. Corporate suits running the club. Uninterested owner = relegation.

Michael
30-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Probably can't get much worse. Probably​. I reckon we'll be fine in a months time.

Broken Gnome
30-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Taking into circumstances, mainly Hearts comparisons and the way Hibs have gone about this season, today is one of the ten lowest I've experienced. And by god there's been some competition.

There's a lot to be said for the fact that this is all forgotten as long as we've improved enough to be in the play offs AND winning it is realistic. That might still be the case but Hibs need to be really bloody careful in how they progress from here. Results this season have been worst-case scenario stuff.

Hibeewilly
30-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Just back - two words ****ing gash!! Why was Booth left out and Robertson who drove us on in the last 15 against Dumbarton - to accomodate CRAIG deary deary me. We could go down - we dont have the appetite I'm afraid

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2014, 05:02 PM
The last season in the first we were Bethan 1-2 with Stranraer in the first game of the season .

Yes, I remember it well.

However:

Then there was no Rangers or Hearts in the same league
Then we had money to spend
Then there was no transfer window about to close
Then we didn't have an ingrained 4 year old losing mentality

Do I need to continue?

JJP
30-08-2014, 05:03 PM
As a Hibs fan you expect some bad days. But the frequency of these bad days is just too much lately. Something needs to change and change fast. 1 win and 3 losses in our opening 4 games in this league is absolutely not good enough.

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2014, 05:04 PM
The team that got relegated was the worst in the clubs history. Too many of the same players are their and defeats like todays are the result.

I've felt lower as a fan as age has mellowed by madness for all things Hibs. All those who slagged off those of us who booed at the end of the Falkirk game must be feeling a bit stupid though. "PETRIE OUT" chants from the start of the next home game please.

bigrig01
30-08-2014, 05:07 PM
This must be one of the lowest points in a long long time and would push the patience of even the most loyal Hibby - yes we are hearing good things out of ER but it really matters only on the pitch and yes perhaps there is a plan for a two year promotion but if you were wondering what do on a Sat afternoon not sure going to ER would be my number one thought. I understand we need to give AS and co time but it is not easy being the easy joke of Scottish football.

Dalkeith Hibee
30-08-2014, 05:07 PM
We didnt empty enough of the pish and not enough new players in. Stubbs signings all look good i think but still playing guys like Craig and Stevenson etc. Why after last season would anyone want to see them playing for hibs?

Seven up
30-08-2014, 05:09 PM
We were never going to win the League....Rangers will, unless admin bites again....... We will still achieve a play off place..... Am I happy with that?.... No, but we have no divine right to stroll to victory because we are Hibs... We are a scalp now and until we have players with the mentality Hearts do we will continue to flounder....but, we will still come good in the end... GGTTH!

I'm_cabbaged
30-08-2014, 05:11 PM

Hate to make it even worse, I'm 44 and we've been through 3 relegations in my time. 😔

Penicuik Hibee
30-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Yes, of course you are right. 1st one seems do long ago. 2nd time i remember McLeish almost keeping us up and with 20 mins to go against Dundee United, we were safe for about 5 mins. But the free fall in the last year has been incredible to the point that if we lose to Cowdenbeath next week we will be bottom. Let's hope for some good signings in the next few days and the return of a feel good factor

hibbydog
30-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Yes, I remember it well.

However:

Do I need to continue?

I was trying to convince myself that everything would come together, as last time we were in the first division it took us a while to find our feet. Then I remember the points you've made. And you're right; there's no comparison with last time because the circumstances are so different (much worse) this time round.

Good point above too about us being seen as a 'scalp'. Alex mcleish realised that last time round and brought in people with the character to deal with that. This time round we simply don't have the desire to go to modest little grounds and fight like ****.

So, yep, feeling pretty low with the hibs right now

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2014, 05:29 PM
We were never going to win the League....Rangers will, unless admin bites again....... We will still achieve a play off place..... Am I happy with that?.... No, but we have no divine right to stroll to victory because we are Hibs... We are a scalp now and until we have players with the mentality Hearts do we will continue to flounder....but, we will still come good in the end... GGTTH!

I don't believe we are a "scalp". I think every team in the league knows we are there to be taken and they will be more concerned about playing Falkirk or QOS, for example. Dumbarton certainly saw that on Tuesday and nearly (deservedly) won.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2014, 05:32 PM
I was trying to convince myself that everything would come together, as last time we were in the first division it took us a while to find our feet. Then I remember the points you've made. And you're right; there's no comparison with last time because the circumstances are so different (much worse) this time round.

Good point above too about us being seen as a 'scalp'. Alex mcleish realised that last time round and brought in people with the character to deal with that. This time round we simply don't have the desire to go to modest little grounds and fight like ****.

So, yep, feeling pretty low with the hibs right now

Totally agree. The last relegation was a 'one-off' in a sense (though we had only survived the previous season through a play-off win against Airdrie) but this is a continuation of a 4 (or so) year downward slide.

steino1875
30-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Trying to remain positive but can't believe this played 4, 3 points 8th in the league not kept a clean sheet in any game more minuses for me at the moment than positives, sick of hearing it can only get better :-(

Salisbury Hibby
30-08-2014, 05:40 PM
If we get beat from Cowdenbeath, I fear there will be a riot at Easter Road.

greenlex
30-08-2014, 05:41 PM
I don't believe we are a "scalp". I think every team in the league knows we are there to be taken and they will be more concerned about playing Falkirk or QOS, for example. Dumbarton certainly saw that on Tuesday and nearly (deservedly) won.
I wasn't there today so won't comment on it. But Dumbarton certainly did not deserve to win midweek. It may be bad but FFS stop bloody exaggerating!!!!

matty_f
30-08-2014, 05:43 PM
We didn't go nearly far enough with the clear out, and it's come back to haunt us now. I feel for Stubbs, he's got a massive job on his hands but he needs to make some tough calls, and one of those calls is to ditch his captain, and lose Heffernan.
We need players to influence and dictate games, not to be anonymous and ineffective.
If he's telling players that their places are up for grabs if they don't perform then he has to follow up on that threat.

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2014, 05:44 PM
The clear out left us with the majority of the team that got relegated. It was the peripherals that left.

They're broken and it looks like they can't be fixed.

matty_f
30-08-2014, 05:49 PM
The clear out left us with the majority of the team that got relegated. It was the peripherals that left.

They're broken and it looks like they can't be fixed.

I said at the end of last season that we couldn't afford to give players time in the hope that they came good , we needed to wash our hands of the vast majority of that team, yet here we are with Danny Handling on a four year deal, Alex Harris still not scoring or creating, Liam Craig doing his best impression of the lesser spotted Brian Kerr, and Paul goal every ten games if he can stay fit long enough Heffernan.

Deansy
30-08-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm down but not surprised in the slightest. Relegation over the close-season was tempered with the arrival of Leeanne Dempster, promising that 'things would change from now on' and all sorts of things we wanted to hear. Sadly, the only 'winner' at ER these days is Rod Petrie as he successfully made us believe it !. 14 players (admittedly, mostly deserving) bulleted, 6 brought in (and 2 are loans) confirm that any talk of 'Winning the League' was just 'talk' and it was never a belief of the 'board' (RP) . The Huns and their 'B' team being in this league looks like it was enough for our fearless leader to wave the white-flag !. It's still 'Business 1st - Football 2nd' at ER !

cabbageandribs1875
30-08-2014, 05:54 PM
said it before and i'l say it again, Butcher should have been given another couple of weeks to finish the demolition job he started at the end of last season...turfing out the dross

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2014, 05:54 PM
I said at the end of last season that we couldn't afford to give players time in the hope that they came good , we needed to wash our hands of the vast majority of that team, yet here we are with Danny Handling on a four year deal, Alex Harris still not scoring or creating, Liam Craig doing his best impression of the lesser spotted Brian Kerr, and Paul goal every ten games if he can stay fit long enough Heffernan.

You can add Robertson and Stevenson to that list. Losers.

emerald green
30-08-2014, 06:13 PM
I know I should have known better, but I said to couple of folk after the Dumbarton game that maybe, just maybe, scoring those 3 really good goals might just be the light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel.

Well, there is no light at the end of this tunnel. I'm at a loss now to see where this club goes from here. It seems that nothing can seem to break the club out of the downward spiral it's in. The club is at rock bottom and I'm tired of hearing all the same old excuses. I feel sorry for Alan Stubbs. He's taken up a poisoned chalice, and it really pains me to say that.

Maybe the only way out of the mess the club is in is a complete change of ownership, but that's no guarantee of success either.

It's depressing being a Hibs supporter these days. Our once proud club is degenerating into a complete laughing stock.:grr:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Where do we go? Useless, spineless players. Clueless manager. Corporate suits running the club. Uninterested owner = relegation.

Daft comments such as this really annoy me. We've played what, 4 or 5 games and already he's clueless. Wow, some people... :rolleyes:

matty_f
30-08-2014, 06:20 PM
You can add Robertson and Stevenson to that list. Losers.

:agree:

col02
30-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Daft comments such as this really annoy me. We've played what, 4 or 5 games and already he's clueless. Wow, some people... :rolleyes:

Too early I grant you but 4 or 5 games quickly becomes 8 or 10 then you're into the bones of the season. Stubbs speaks about a winning brand of football but I've yet to be convinced the current squad can contribute this enough to be competitive this season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2014, 06:22 PM
said it before and i'l say it again, Butcher should have been given another couple of weeks to finish the demolition job he started at the end of last season...turfing out the dross

Absolutely no chance he should have stayed. You must be on the bevy? Sacking him was the correct choice. Him and Malpas were out of there depth, clueless bullies who thought the only way forward was hoofing it and shouting/swearing at the players.

So glad they are gone.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Today was about as low as I've felt leaving a game for a long time.

We got outplayed for long spells by a bunch of part timers FFS. We were disjointed, had no leadership, no drive, no creativity, no purpose and zero quality on the bench to change it.

If we don't do serious business in the next few days then we are in big trouble. All the behind the scenes stuff is very nice but football clubs live or die by results on the park and we are failing badly. You have talked the talk Leeann, time to walk the walk or the honeymoon will be well and truly over.

cabbageandribs1875
30-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Absolutely no chance he should have stayed. You must be on the bevy? Sacking him was the correct choice. Him and Malpas were out of there depth, clueless bullies who thought the only way forward was hoofing it and shouting/swearing at the players.

So glad they are gone.

non drinker actually, ok ? and i didn't say he should have been kept on permanently i said he should have been kept on to finish the demolition job

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Too early I grant you but 4 or 5 games quickly becomes 8 or 10 then you're into the bones of the season. Stubbs speaks about a winning brand of football but I've yet to be convinced the current squad can contribute this enough to be competitive this season.

The business end of the season is half way in, once the league settles and we see where we are - other sides will have injuries and suspensions, other sides will not have the squad size. Sadly, and it's just my thoughts, I think there is a recognition at the club that we are not in a position to win the league, but we are capable of getting 3rd or 4th.......and that is what they are aiming for - hitting the tail end of the season in good form, Hearts or Rangers suffering the deflation of not winning the league and having to raise their game after missing out..........that's the way I see things going. I see us finishing 4th........with a game of two to spare, but I also see results like today peppered in and around our season.

BarneyK
30-08-2014, 06:36 PM
I must say, the set up of the wall here looks shocking...

HFC 0-7
30-08-2014, 06:57 PM
We didn't go nearly far enough with the clear out, and it's come back to haunt us now. I feel for Stubbs, he's got a massive job on his hands but he needs to make some tough calls, and one of those calls is to ditch his captain, and lose Heffernan.
We need players to influence and dictate games, not to be anonymous and ineffective.
If he's telling players that their places are up for grabs if they don't perform then he has to follow up on that threat.

How do you feel about Stubbs? I have a few concerns about him. Some of his selections, IMO, are strange. What he see's in Craig to be captain? Not making changes during a game or very late ( Robertson sending off). Lack of transfer activity, although this could be outwith his control.

I get that players are not good enough, but why change the team that finished strongly against Dumbarton? My main concern has been the lack of changes to win a game when the opposition seem to make changes to win.

HFC 0-7
30-08-2014, 07:02 PM

We got outplayed for long spells by a bunch of part timers FFS. We were disjointed, had no leadership, no drive, no creativity, no purpose and zero quality on the bench to change it.

If we don't do serious business in the next few days then we are in big trouble. All the behind the scenes stuff is very nice but football clubs live or die by results on the park and we are failing badly. You have talked the talk Leeann, time to walk the walk or the honeymoon will be well and truly over.

I feel we have all been taken in by this and let's face it, it's not the first time. We have had managers in the past talking about how weak we are and the mentality must change. They were correct but nothing was done. We have lapped up everything from Leeann and Stubbs so far, but let's face it, not much has changed. Hibs seem very good at getting us back on board at renewal time before letting us all down again!

Billy Whizz
30-08-2014, 07:03 PM

The boy struck it well, but should the goalie not be slightly to his right of the wall

BarneyK
30-08-2014, 07:06 PM
The boy struck it well, but should the goalie not be slightly to his right of the wall

http://i.instagram.com/p/sVJdyTrcn1/

hibsbollah
30-08-2014, 07:08 PM

Looked like an unstoppable shot to be fair.

Arbroath Hibby
30-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately for me I am working 7 days a week so I cannot go to see my beloved Hibernian. So when I get home I love to check the scores - and we were beat 2-1 by ALLOA, we should have gubbed them 4-0 minimum, no if's or buts - this is an absolute disgrace.

Have we really fallen that far? I have NEVER felt so angry about football as I do right now, not even when the Yams beat us in the cup final.

Can someone please explain how we have got to this level? - please keep it simple as I am thick.

HoboHarry
30-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Can the admins just delete this thread now please? :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
30-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately for me I am working 7 days a week so I cannot go to see my beloved Hibernian. So when I get home I love to check the scores - and we were beat 2-1 by ALLOA, we should have gubbed them 4-0 minimum, no if's or buts - this is an absolute disgrace.

Have we really fallen that far? I have NEVER felt so angry about football as I do right now, not even when the Yams beat us in the cup final.

Can someone please explain how we have got to this level? - please keep it simple as I am thick.

why do you think that ? Alloa got exactly what they deserved out of the game...3 points

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Can the admins just delete this thread now please? :rolleyes:

Why?

It's a valid thread. Todays down there with the lows I've had supporting Hibs.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2014, 07:22 PM

Cheers, as I said a great shot, the photo showed Oxley in the wrong position, but he had no chance with that strike

Hiber-nation
30-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Why?

It's a valid thread. Todays down there with the lows I've had supporting Hibs.

Exactly. It's probably the lowest position in the leagues we've been in my lifetime so it's perfectly valid to debate it.

Ronniekirk
30-08-2014, 07:30 PM

It's a rookie manager with complete new back room staff just in the door trying to turn round a club thats been in sharp decline for years ,due to inept board room decisions which have led to some really poor managers who have brought in some really poor players who haven't had winning mentality .they get emptied ,but hibs have to pay them off reducing the money available for next incumbent and the cycle repeats and we have now come to this point .
Things can only get better ,but don't ask me when .

IWasThere2016
30-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Yes, I remember it well.

However:

Do I need to continue?

:top marks

The team that got relegated was the worst in the clubs history. Too many of the same players are their and defeats like todays are the result.

I've felt lower as a fan as age has mellowed by madness for all things Hibs. All those who slagged off those of us who booed at the end of the Falkirk game must be feeling a bit stupid though. "PETRIE OUT" chants from the start of the next home game please.

:top marks

Stoney Hibee

I was just thinking this very think on the drive up the road, but alas we do not have the squad we did then.

Billy Whizz
I was just thinking this very think on the drive up the road, but alas we do not have the squad we did then.

Or the competition in the League

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 07:34 PM

We beat Morton 1-0 in the 1st game of the season. Lavety in the 90th minute. Stranraer was the 2nd game.

neil7908
30-08-2014, 07:48 PM

Yup, I remember being at that game but this feels very different.

Forza Fred
30-08-2014, 08:31 PM

As posted at the time my honeymoon was over with The talk after the Hearts game.

We're back to work and paying the credit cards now I,'m afraid.

Like many ..and this is aimed at no specific individual at the club......we're fed up of people TALKING a bright future...we just want those in charge to DELIVER one.

Bostonhibby
30-08-2014, 08:42 PM

I'm 54 and purely based on the footballing performance I agree with you. For pure characterless mediocrity on the pitch and no leadership off it I would normally have gone for the Calderwood era, my problem this time around is that we are experiencing a "wind of change" and to be frank, short term its blowing us backwards and we have chucked a lot of resource at the backroom part where I'd hope to see benefits down the line but given our 7 season decline I wish we had stopped talking and did some doing.

Frankly we have made ourselves a decent sized target for the yammish BBC boys and anyone else that wants to have a go because we have over spouted and yet again not just underachieved against the chat but actually gone backwards, we slipped to a new low in terms of league position last year but are cheerfully plummeting lower than that in the real world right now whilst rejoicing in the fact that we can pass it about a bit better than when Butcher was about.

Over and out for a bit.

matty_f
30-08-2014, 08:48 PM
How do you feel about Stubbs? I have a few concerns about him. Some of his selections, IMO, are strange. What he see's in Craig to be captain? Not making changes during a game or very late ( Robertson sending off). Lack of transfer activity, although this could be outwith his control.

I get that players are not good enough, but why change the team that finished strongly against Dumbarton? My main concern has been the lack of changes to win a game when the opposition seem to make changes to win.

The jury's still out as far as I'm concerned with Stubbs. Initially I was very impressed, he clearly wants us to try and dominate possession and control the games, which I like. He has (or appears to have) a blind spot as far as some if the players go. Stanton was a game too late in getting dropped, as was Harris, and for Liam Craig and Lewis Stevenson to walk back into the side despite winning the last game was not a good call.
Stubbs biggest issue is that we still don't look like having leaders on the pitch, at least not enough leaders. He needs some character in that dressing room and a couple of arrogant, hard players that'll push the rest of the team on - like Gray and Forster did on Tuesday night. Stanton, Harris, Handling, Heffernan, Robertson, and our captain Craig are hugely lacking in that sense. The cowardly lion has more heart than that bunch combined. None of them have shown themselves capable of consistently influencing matches, and we need them to step up.
I said pre-Butcher's sacking that although it would be tough to release players like Harris etc, we couldn't afford to carry passengers for the same of keeping up the appearance of having a good youth set-up.
We needed players in that could hit the ground running and get us promoted. I think Stubbs has got a couple in that fit that mould, but he's allowed too many that don't to stay on.
The wind of change was little more than a squeaky fart, we needed wholesale change and brought in 5(?) players. It shows.
Whether that's Stubbs mistake in how he assessed the abilities of his squad, or the board's mistake in not finding enough budget to replace them, I don't know.
I also have questions over what happens at half time because out second half performances are quite often totally dire, in contrast to how we start games.

gegs70
30-08-2014, 09:45 PM
It's odd I can see what he is trying to do but the midfield is week and he can't really believe that handling harris and heffernan made an impact.....the squad is paper thin.

silverhibee
30-08-2014, 10:00 PM

Is that Fontaine with his eyes shut.

Castle Hibs
30-08-2014, 10:02 PM
As usual Hibs have done as little as possible on the player front and hoped to get away with it. We needed to spend some money and get good quality players who would breeze through this league but we have stuck with LC, LS, PH, SR etc who clearly don't have the quality and are not up to the fight. Maybe we should spend less on the amount of back room staff and board members as the ratio of good players to non playing staff seems to be way off for the position we find ourselves in.

Bostonhibby
30-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Is that Fontaine with his eyes shut.

I couldn't tell you as I had my eyes shut firmly after I seen the shambolic "wall" we managed to assemble - did the keeper issue any instructions? did anyone bother?

monarch
30-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I've just finished reading Bobby Kinloch's obituary in the Scotsman highlighting his winning goal against Barcelona in 1961 (was at the game as a 13 year old schoolboy). This on the same day as we got beat from Alloa Athletic. Honestly can things get any worse ? Oh aye Cowdenbeath due soon !

Allan45
30-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Gutted today, and we are not up to scratch.
lost our striker, bad news.
we have 3-4 players that can do one.... This is really frustrating for the fans, and I feel we will loose some more points over the next 4 games.
dont care about anyone else in this league, maybe we will be in a worse position when this season finishes, an old time low in this club.

we need so much quality, and the board really need to pull something out the bag, or we will be finished as a club, now that is the reality, please sort it out.....
we are Hibs FFS........

Heffernan never a striker for us
Craig never our captain
we are Effin soft

Thecat23
30-08-2014, 10:47 PM
I posted on Tuesday that win papered over a lot of cracks. We played very poorly and got out of jail. To lose to part timers is ridiculous it really is.

No more excuses, 90% of these players are ****.

One Day Soon
30-08-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm 50 very soon and while I have seen some dire Hibs teams I have never - never - seen the club this utterly weak and directionless. I have seen poor Hibs teams, but none as gutless or as lacking in self belief.

We can say that its too early to judge Stubbs. Sure we can. We can say that it is early days for the new backroom team to have made an impact. We can say that Leanne has a great track record at Motherwell and wants to change things. We can have meet the fans discussions, pricing initiatives, open days and statements of intent regarding youth and quality signings.

But for me everything - and I mean absolutely everything - is immaterial unless and until we start to win games. I have had it with everyone at Hibs regarding what we are going to do. Talk is so cheap and they have pretty much universally failed to walk the walk.

So Dempster, Petrie, Farmer, Stubbs and every player: please shut up, do your jobs and deliver or alternatively - leave. You've got 48 hours in which you will either bolster the squad significantly and seriously, or not. A fig leaf signing or two won't do it.

The breach of faith and trust with the supporters is cavernous. I repeat what I have said before: we know the state the club is in and we will equally well recognise either serious attempts to change that or half-assed attempts to string us along. You know it and we know it.

I don't care if you have been at the club for 30 years or 30 minutes - your job is to end this kamikaze run now. If you can't then get out of the way for people who can.

Jones28
31-08-2014, 12:14 AM

Unfortunately there's 48 hours to make more changes than we've ever needed before.

pacorosssco
31-08-2014, 12:39 AM

I feel the same, I thought we had hit bottom. No further down we go. The saddest thing for me is it doesn't upset me as much. i expect the worse. Rod petrie has killed club team and support.

West hamBERNIAN
31-08-2014, 12:44 AM
In rod I trust 🙊😭

FinlayHibs
31-08-2014, 12:46 AM

I'm no far behind you Penicuik please don't ram it ... Following the cabbage is getting hard but born a hibs boy ! Die a hibs boy ..... GGTTH

southsider
31-08-2014, 12:57 AM
When our late, great Chairman Mr Hart was in charge NOTHING was to good for his club. Now we are getting humiliated by nothing more than pub teams. To wear the black band for Bobby today and put in such an abject display says it all about our club. Farmer and Petrie GTF.

emerald green
31-08-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm 50 very soon and while I have seen some dire Hibs teams I have never - never - seen the club this utterly weak and directionless. I have seen poor Hibs teams, but none as gutless or as lacking in self belief.

We can say that its too early to judge Stubbs. Sure we can. We can say that it is early days for the new backroom team to have made an impact. We can say that Leanne has a great track record at Motherwell and wants to change things. We can have meet the fans discussions, pricing initiatives, open days and statements of intent regarding youth and quality signings.

But for me everything - and I mean absolutely everything - is immaterial unless and until we start to win games. I have had it with everyone at Hibs regarding what we are going to do. Talk is so cheap and they have pretty much universally failed to walk the walk.

So Dempster, Petrie, Farmer, Stubbs and every player: please shut up, do your jobs and deliver or alternatively - leave. You've got 48 hours in which you will either bolster the squad significantly and seriously, or not. A fig leaf signing or two won't do it.

The breach of faith and trust with the supporters is cavernous. I repeat what I have said before: we know the state the club is in and we will equally well recognise either serious attempts to change that or half-assed attempts to string us along. You know it and we know it.

I don't care if you have been at the club for 30 years or 30 minutes - your job is to end this kamikaze run now. If you can't then get out of the way for people who can.

Well said. I totally agree with this post. :top marks

Cropley10
31-08-2014, 08:20 PM
We struggle to defend and struggle to score. Far too many average, similar players.

pennyhibee
31-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Anyone remember 1972 ? Easter Road Hibs 11 Alloa 2 Never thought I'd see our standards drop so low.

rcarter1
31-08-2014, 08:47 PM

I would take this to the club and read it directly to all involved. 100% agree.

Hiber-nation
31-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Anyone remember 1972 ? Easter Road Hibs 11 Alloa 2 Never thought I'd see our standards drop so low.

That was back in the mid 60s wasn't it? Definitely not 1972.

I never thought I'd see our standards drop so low either.

Spike Mandela
01-09-2014, 01:05 PM

My Late Grandfather told me he seen Gordon Smith scoring whilst lying on his back against Alloa at Recreation park. Any of our senior members have any knowledge of this?

greenpaper55
01-09-2014, 01:15 PM
My Late Grandfather told me he seen Gordon Smith scoring whilst lying on his back against Alloa at Recreation park. Any of our senior members have any knowledge of this?

There will be quite a few on here who have scored lying on their back but maybe not a recreation park !.

connerg
01-09-2014, 01:22 PM

Second game of the season, first at ER. We beat Morton 0-1 in the opening game.

Leith Mo
01-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Second game of the season, first at ER. We beat Morton 0-1 in the opening game.

Basher Barry Lavety!!!! Was there that night midweek - what an eye opener that was but a mere prelude to where we are now.

connerg
01-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Basher Barry Lavety!!!! Was there that night midweek - what an eye opener that was but a mere prelude to where we are now.

Last minute i think. Played in midweek.