PDA

View Full Version : Craig, Robertson, Stevenson, Heffernan, Handling........

Spike Mandela
30-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Hibs simply won't move forward with players like this in the team.

Too many of this type of player in the squad means plenty more insipid, lacklustre, passionless, futile games like this to come.

Living in Alloa I never thought I would see the day where they beat us , never mind outplayed us, but they thoroughly deserved their win.

We are on a downward spiral which shows no signs of bottoming out. Even Leigh can't save this lot.

Dirkster23
30-08-2014, 04:28 PM
You'll live to regret putting Stevenson on that list :greengrin

07BigD
30-08-2014, 04:29 PM
I was listening to the commentary on Hibs TV (contradiction) and I thought Craig had been taken off until I heard his name mentioned touching the ball, an absolute imposter

30-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Said it a millions times before but for me Handling offers us very little. Why we recently just handed him a 4 year contract i'll never understand. Course he's still young but for me I just don't see much in him. Perhaps a loan spell would be benefitial for him. Give him more game time, hopefully give him some more confidence etc.

30-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I was listening to the commentary on Hibs TV (contradiction) and I thought Craig had been taken off until I heard his name mentioned touching the ball, an absolute imposter

not a captain

Heisenberg
30-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Liam Craig should've been punted when we had the chance. Get him dropped Stubbs.

Lago
30-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Too many of last seasons team still with hibs. Cheap option on the part of the club, dont recruit new just go with what we have, should be good enough for this division, why anyone would think that baffles me.

loanheadhibby
30-08-2014, 04:48 PM

Too many of this type of player in the squad means plenty more insipid, lacklustre, passionless, futile games like this to come.

Living in Alloa I never thought I would see the day where they beat us , never mind outplayed us, but they thoroughly deserved their win.

We are on a downward spiral which shows no signs of bottoming out. Even Leigh can't save this lot.

Agreed. Add hanlon, Forster, Harris and Tudor jones to that list. Losers mentality.

Gatecrasher
30-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Liam Craig should've been punted when we had the chance. Get him dropped Stubbs.
:agree: He's a total imposter.

Lee Marvin
30-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Handling. 4 years.

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 04:52 PM
I think fans should start chanting 'Liam Liam give us a wave' - firstly to remind him he's playing and secondly because it's all he's good at - terrible footballer, offering zero, defies logic he was put straight back in today.

hibees 7062
30-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Agreed. Add hanlon, Forster, Harris and Tudor jones to that list. Losers mentality.

:top marks

RedHibby
30-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Players that were very good for their teams prior to them coming to Easter Road are now very poor. Not just one of them but most of them. Does this not tell us there is something not right at the club. We have had managers and players come and go and still nothing changes as far as performances go. The only thing that has not changed is STF and the rest of the board.

yankyhibby
30-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Alan Stubbs keeps referring to negative mindsets and the legacy from last season and that change will not happen overnight. The questions now are: are the negative elements affecting our new guys? Are our new guys developing a losers mind-set? Is a collective lack of self belief now the case? Are we witnessing the cull not going far enough?

patch1875
30-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Handling. 4 years.

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

Don't know why we give out these long deals to youngsters who have a couple of good games. Booth and Harris also.

Lee Marvin
30-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Don't know why we give out these long deals to youngsters who have a couple of good games. Booth and Harris also.

The hilarious thing about handling is, he has not even played one good game. Not one!!!

How many times have you heard 'that boy handling is a good player'?

There you go wee man, have 4 years at 40k per annum in the hibs holiday camp.

We are a circus act.

Dalkeith Hibee
30-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Totally agree. Too many guys still here that took us down last season. One of them being the captain. I like Stubbs signings.....but we wont go anywhere until we get rid of that lot......id add forster to that too, i dont rate him

we are hibs
30-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Alan Stubbs keeps referring to negative mindsets and the legacy from last season and that change will not happen overnight. The questions now are: are the negative elements affecting our new guys? Are our new guys developing a losers mind-set? Is a collective lack of self belief now the case? Are we witnessing the cull not going far enough?

We are witnessing the effect rod Petrie has had on this club, he has tore the heart and soul out of the club. Nothing will change while he is here. Fact.

Gala Foxes
30-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Handling - another game in and I still can't see the 4 year contract potential

ronaldo7
31-08-2014, 06:57 AM
Handling - another game in and I still can't see the 4 year contract potential

:agree: He doesn't seem to have any awareness of what's going on around him. A few times yesterday when he moved to the ball, he was unaware of the Alloa player coming in from the side, or even in front of him, and he'd lose the ball.

I think we've forgotten how to shield a ball these days. Powder puff Danny.

leggeto
31-08-2014, 07:05 AM
You'll live to regret putting Stevenson on that list :greengrin

Maybe time for him to go aswell, I have liked lewis but now we have booth in the mix who is well capable of doing what he can
He obviously loves the club but maybe the scars are to deep for him

percy veer
31-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Maybe time for him to go aswell, I have liked lewis but now we have booth in the mix who is well capable of doing what he can
He obviously loves the club but maybe the scars are to deep for him

But but he gives 320%.!! Usually the nonsense that follows a Stevenson criticism . Complete losers mentality

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2014, 08:58 AM
I've not defended but accepted Stevenson over the years but I have to say it hit home at Alloa yesterday just how gash he really is. ..all the problems 2nd half came down our left side...clearly Alloa earmarked him as our weak link at half time. He had been part of our terminal decline in recent years and now needs to move on with quite a few others mentioned...

Hibeewilly
31-08-2014, 09:07 AM
We need a total clearout - add Stanton to that list too. Irrespective of whether he is playing in the wrong position or not he isn't doing the basics right. he took three corners yesterday and didn't get past the first man once. My tin hat is on but I agree with other posters - Harris Foster Handling Craig Stevenson - they are just not good enough

Hibeewilly
31-08-2014, 09:08 AM
I've not defended but accepted Stevenson over the years but I have to say it hit home at Alloa yesterday just how gash he really is. ..all the problems 2nd half came down our left side...clearly Alloa earmarked him as our weak link at half time. He had been part of our terminal decline in recent years and now needs to move on with quite a few others mentioned...
Bang onate

Pretty Boy
31-08-2014, 09:14 AM
When you are sending Danny Handling on to try and win you a game then you know your squad is somewhere south of inadequate.

When he's partnered by Paul Heffernan you could almost long for a dream team of Valdas Trakys and Eduardo Hurtado.

Biggie
31-08-2014, 09:35 AM
We need to sign begbie as our new captain......won't cost much, but will let any **** know their in a game...and any slackers will be dealt with.......c'mon stubbsy you know it makes sense..:wink:

Smartie
31-08-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm a Stevenson fan but he was very poor yesterday, no doubt about it. I can't remember him ever having as poor a game as that.

What was most frustrating was his inability/ unwillingness to get forward, something Booth has done to great effect over the past few games. Stevenson would just give the ball to Kennedy/ Harris when they were surrounded by 3/4 players and just leave them to do the rest.

I still think he may be the defensive midfielder we're looking for but Booth can justifiably be asking questions about why he wasn't playing yesterday and it was a change that backfired badly.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-08-2014, 10:09 AM
You hear Stubbs pointing directly at mental toughness and a lack of character and perhaps players not being motivated to demand enough of themselves. I get that. I think a lot of us would guess the same. The end point, if this is systemic through out the organisation, is that if you can't change the people, you change the people.
If that is the culture of the club, then all the younger players will have been brought up in this atmosphere. For some of the longer standing players, it may be too late to change them now.
The other option then is to try to influence, but that needs experience and enough confidence in your own ability to turn around to team mates that you may have only known for weeks and may have years behind them playing for Hibs, and make it clear that this is not acceptable. Players need to come in, to pull the rest of squad upwards, not get pulled downwards.

J-C
31-08-2014, 10:24 AM
You hear Stubbs pointing directly at mental toughness and a lack of character and perhaps players not being motivated to demand enough of themselves. I get that. I think a lot of us would guess the same. The end point, if this is systemic through out the organisation, is that if you can't change the people, you change the people.
If that is the culture of the club, then all the younger players will have been brought up in this atmosphere. For some of the longer standing players, it may be too late to change them now.
The other option then is to try to influence, but that needs experience and enough confidence in your own ability to turn around to team mates that you may have only known for weeks and may have years behind them playing for Hibs, and make it clear that this is not acceptable. Players need to come in, to pull the rest of squad upwards, not get pulled downwards.

Exactly our more senior players are chicken ****, Craig, Robertson, Heff etc all to blame for the mess we're in, never see them guiding youngsters and pulling the club forward. We had one player at the club last season who decided to stand up to the management because he seen the damage being done by them and all he got for his troubles was to be shunned and stuck on the bench for half the season while he watched his team struggle, you know I'm talking about Thomson. All the young players looked up to him and he spoke on their behalf, not Craig he was too scared to open his mouth, we need strong leaders on and off the pitch and at the moment we have none, sad days indeed at Hibs.

inglisavhibs
31-08-2014, 10:33 AM
All these words are just another way of saying they are not good enough. We have yet another squad that is woefully short of good players. Giving Handling a four year contract was an incredible decision and i'd love to know what the thinking was behind that one. I really hope Stubbs does well longer term but he is a complete novice and there is nowhere to hide as a manager. Can't remember being quite as low as this as a Hibs fan.

steviehibsleith
31-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Great we need to be third bottom of the Championship before many open their eyes and realise 90percent of our great squad are not up to it.
its not the manager its not the fans getting on their backs its the players anyone who was in this squad last season apart from under 20yo should have been punted.

KingFranck
31-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Dropped ? get him out the club he was one of the reasons we got relegated and he's still the captain? Words fail me tbh am I glad I didn't waste £405 on a ST been to the Dundee Utd friendly the win v Livi and the Dumbarton game and thankfully I haven't got Alan Stubbs job it looks like an impossible mission to get this club back on a winning streak.
Useless and as you say continue with Craig we are doomed

Aldo
31-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Dropped ? get him out the club he was one of the reasons we got relegated and he's still the captain? Words fail me tbh am I glad I didn't waste £405 on a ST been to the Dundee Utd friendly the win v Livi and the Dumbarton game and thankfully I haven't got Alan Stubbs job it looks like an impossible mission to get this club back on a winning streak. Useless and as you say continue with Craig we are doomed

Can't highlight but your first sentence is spot on.

I thought he had turned over a new leaf after a half decent performance at Hunbrox but no I forgot a leopard never changed his spots.

For me you have to have a number of attributes to be Club Capt

Leadership
Commitment
Communication
Desire
Responsibility

These are just a few of them and for me Craig has none of these. He spends too long mouthing off at Ref and hiding in a game to do anything.

If I'm honest I'd rather one of the young lads played instead of him.

He's a disgrace and should be nowhere near the team let alone club captain.

yankyhibby
31-08-2014, 03:30 PM

:top marks