PDA

View Full Version : Embarrasing

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 03:53 PM
How the **** can we lose to a part time side :faf:

J-C
30-08-2014, 03:59 PM
We've got all these new coaches in but what the **** are they actually doing at EM, so we play the ball on the deck instead of lunp but the outcome is stil the same, big soft lazy arsed waste of space and wages, the lot of them and that goes for the youths as well.

Thecat23
30-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Because we have players like Heff, Harris, Handling, Craig, Robbo who wouldn't get a game at 7's up the corn exchange.

Time we actually brought good players to this club and change the youth system because no one coming through has made me think they should play every week.

lord bunberry
30-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Another week another new low. I'm not a religious man but I'll be praying we sign sparky tonight.

Greenblood70
30-08-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm virtually speechless, these players disgust me. They have no professional pride or anything about them whatsoever. Utter losers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nando™
30-08-2014, 04:05 PM
****ed by Alloa :hilarious

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 04:07 PM
****ed by Alloa :hilarious

:faf:

God Petrie
30-08-2014, 04:08 PM
:faf:

What's amusing?

Beefster
We're witnessing Fenlon and Butcher's legacy.

Bostonhibby
Part time players with desire to win and team spirit - full time team Hibs - happened before and will happen again.

We are talking a bigger and better game than Butcher did just now and my biggest worry is we have the back room staff to go with it ,at least Butcher had the swearer and Marsella and that was all we were spending on.

Keith_M
30-08-2014, 04:09 PM
It's all part of the master plan.

We lull Hearts and Rangers into a false sense of security, by pretending we're totally sheite, then overtake them by stealth when they take their eyes off the ball...

....or something like that.

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 04:10 PM
What's amusing?

I find it funny we can't even beat a part time side.

staunchhibby
30-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Nothing surprises me with that lot anymore:rolleyes:

Golden Bear
30-08-2014, 04:12 PM

:agree:

And that really is the truth.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2014, 04:16 PM

Who were both appointed by the fantastic Rod Petrie, the guy who has built us a terrific training ground and stadium. Good luck with filling it Rod.

Elephant Stone
30-08-2014, 04:20 PM

:agree:

And that really is the truth.

Of our starting line up today a grand total of 1 player was signed by Pat Fenlon.

J-C
30-08-2014, 04:22 PM
We still have players at the club who have been rank rotten since last year, Heff, Craig and Robertson...............why are they still here ( I'm assuming OTJ will be gone son )

We need 2 new midfielders ( 1 a DM ) a ne CH to replace Forster who I don't think has it, a new winger to replace Harris ( one game wonder, yet to show it again )and a new AM to replace Stanton ( another who I think doesn't have it ) So for me that's at leaast another 5 maybe 6 players needed.....we're ****ed. :confused:

30-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Wasn't at the game today as had to work. What were we like? deservedly got beat? unlucky?

Either way, we really should be beating teams like Alloa. ****ing embarrasing.

07BigD
We are going to have to get used to the fact we're in for a long couple of seasons in the championship, it will take a while but we'll get back eventually, the worst has already happened

matty_f
Too many players who weren't up to it last season that still aren't up to it now.

Another embarrassment in an ever growing list of embarrassments from Hibs. It's shameful.

cleanyman
30-08-2014, 04:26 PM
We still have Stevenson and Craig.

These guys should be nowhere near the club.

The core of last season still remains.

I clocked it on Tuesday, we were utterly rank and playing like that against these teams away from home just won't cut it.

Relegation will take years to recover from, there's too much scar tissue.

Stranraer
30-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Of our starting line up today a grand total of 1 player was signed by Pat Fenlon.

A bit late and maybe not entirely relevant but I would take Fenlon back tomorrow.

neil7908
30-08-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm honestly not sure where we go from here. Even if we sign 3-4 real quality player's before the end of the window they'll just catch the Hibs disease and turn-out rubbish. I don't know where we go from here but I can genuinely see us becoming a mid table championship team playing in front of a few thousand folk.

I thought us being relegated was a crisis. This is current malaise is much more dangerous

scuttle
A bit late and maybe not entirely relevant but I would take Fenlon back tomorrow.

Aye nae bother

lucky
We still have Stevenson and Craig.

These guys should be nowhere near the club.

The core of last season still remains.

I clocked it on Tuesday, we were utterly rank and playing like that against these teams away from home just won't cut it.

Relegation will take years to recover from, there's too much scar tissue.
None of these two played on tuesday

banarc7062
It's all part of the master plan.

We lull Hearts and Rangers into a false sense of security, by pretending we're totally sheite, then overtake them by stealth when they take their eyes off the ball...

....or something like that.

IF ONLY.........:flag:

rcarter1
30-08-2014, 04:31 PM
We are going to have to get used to the fact we're in for a long couple of seasons in the championship, it will take a while but we'll get back eventually, the worst has already happened

The fans who turn up for these seasons should be remembered in song and poetry.

BarneyBreslin
What's amusing?

This!! A fair few posters on here canna wait to get the laughing smilies out. Nothing funny about it. Its embarrassing and upsetting but definitely not funny.

J-C

Think he was meaning in general, the team is still struggling with motivation from relegation and there are still players at the club who were part of all that, we needed a total clear out but can't afford to do that.

yankyhibby
30-08-2014, 04:32 PM
The gut wrenching realisation that we have lost to Alloa - a team of part-timers and find ourselves 9 points and 11 goals behind our greatest rivals after a mere 4 games has left me feeling shocked, truly shocked that this club of ours has stooped so low. I really am left speechless. Yet another new low in a sea of lows.

neil7908

Why should we get used to it?

My big concern is that the worst is not over. We could be stuck down here for the foreseeable future...

Bobo
There's no desire or belief at Easter Road from the owner down to the management and the playing squad. Spineless no marks, every last one of them!

I used to think our history portrayed us as perpetual underachievers but in reality we're just a really sh!!tee football club with no ambition who have achieved very little in the last 60+ years. :rolleyes:

JJP
How many more seasons are we going to be asked to tolerate this colossal failure? 1 win and 3 losses!?
What a disgrace!

cleanyman
30-08-2014, 04:33 PM

Aye and what?

We were terrible and have been for the majority of the season.

Bums like Heff, Craig, Handling and Stevenson will never be good enough for Hibs.

What do I know anyway, I'm a mere fan.

dp00
30-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Just listened to Stubbs interview , he ain't happy think we will see a few players gone

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2014, 04:35 PM
This!! A fair few posters on here canna wait to get the laughing smilies out. Nothing funny about it. Its embarrassing and upsetting but definitely not funny.

I will be one of those, i have been embarrassed, i have been angry, and i have been sad.

Now i just laugh. :faf:

07BigD
30-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Why should we get used to it?

My big concern is that the worst is not over. We could be stuck down here for the foreseeable future...
Because it's not good for your health to rage about something that is inevitable

J-C
30-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Got a feeling Craig and Heff will be gone sooner now, pair of thieves but who comes in.....hopefully McFadden and the guy Pattison, he looks like a real midfield dynamo and will release Allan.

delbert
30-08-2014, 04:37 PM

Easy, that part time team happen to be better than us, check out the table !

SlickShoes
30-08-2014, 04:39 PM
I think that's the worst I've seen is play, gutless all over the park. We have quite possibly got worse. Unbelievable.

Signing one or two players won't fix whatever is wrong with us.

scuttle
30-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Just listened to Stubbs interview , he ain't happy think we will see a few players gone

Stubbs isn't happy, hes got f*** all on the rage im feeling right now

hibbymick
30-08-2014, 04:41 PM
I will be one of those, i have been embarrassed, i have been angry, and i have been sad.

Snap, i was actually about to buy a season ticket this coming week. Nae chance now.

patch1875
30-08-2014, 04:41 PM

Stubbs is a winner, it's early days but he will get it right but we do need to get rid of the losers from last season.

California-Hibs
30-08-2014, 04:52 PM

Matters abit more to some of us and isn't a laughing matter atall, but crack on, each to their own.

NOLA
30-08-2014, 04:54 PM
i know we lost again today but im still hopeful of staying up this season.

macd123
30-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Stubbs is a winner, it's early days but he will get it right but we do need to get rid of the losers from last season.

If we can't win the midfield battle then we won't win games. Most teams in this division have better central midfielders than craig and robertson.

Golden Bear
30-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Please insert appropriate smiley as I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

:wink:

yankyhibby
30-08-2014, 05:06 PM

:tee hee:

Phil MaGlass
30-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Thank f ah didnae buy a season ticket. Support the club they will invest.the only way is up. Yir kiddin right.blabladeblah
. still think we will make top four and beat huns tae go up.funny eh

sleeping giant
30-08-2014, 05:08 PM
We were so bad it was sickening. So many players not contributing anything.
I'm seriously worried.

Biggie
30-08-2014, 05:12 PM
We're a hibs team with no heart.....still soft as *****

Baader
30-08-2014, 05:15 PM
A new low. They surpass even my worst scenarios. What has been allowed to happen at our club is an absolute disgrace. Years of having to endure crap football and players that are no better than the fans watching them all to balance a budget. With the Gorgie mob and their ugly cousins from The West gone this was supposed to be the time we would reap the benefit of running a tight ship. Instead we are languishing in the Championship and getting beat by part timers. Words can't express how angry I am at how badly this club have been mismanaged.

Lee Marvin
30-08-2014, 05:19 PM
A new low. They surpass even my worst scenarios. What has been allowed to happen at our club is an absolute disgrace. Years of having to endure crap football and players that are no better than the fans watching them all to balance a budget. With the Gorgie mob and their ugly cousins from The West gone this was supposed to be the time we would reap the benefit of running a tight ship. Instead we are languishing in the Championship and getting beat by part timers. Words can't express how angry I am at how badly this club have been mismanaged.

Couldn't agree more. Writing a script for a footballing horror movie woukdnt have resulted in the last 3 years for hibs. It's been inconceivable horrific!! And as a hibs fan of 30 years, I'm afraid to say I'm nearly done.

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 05:25 PM

It's not a new low for me - that came with Mercer and nearly being taken over.

There is a need for calm here - I posted last week that I fully expect more results like this one, and our side this year to be very inconsistent to the point of frustration. But as was pointed out last week by a coach who I respect a lot, Hibs merely have to get into the top 4 - at present of course even that looks and ask, however as with any side that has been relegated, their is anxiety everywhere and there is also other sides adopting a far far more competitive attitude against the 'top three'. Initial games against the Alloa's of this world are going to be very very tough 'cup tie' like games. The heads are fragile and we have no real gritty leadership in the actual first eleven. The young players are soft, the experienced players are hiding in games. Not a good recipe, but one Stubbs will address.

Huge worry for me is Farid's injury - when you're down you're down as they say and it looks very much like our luck ain't for turning these early games in. But once we settle down a little, realise our surroundings, and have a wee bit of faith in our ability, the wins will come.

Stubbs though has to be tougher on the players - the safe football has to give way to more creative and dynamic play. Too many players are worrying about what the crowd do/say and should absolutely focus on the game, their game, and getting a result. Shrinking violets at Hibs need to be shaken and told to toughen up a little in the character sense.

BSEJVT
30-08-2014, 05:25 PM

And that's the scariest thing of all.

Hibs have booted their supporters in the stains so often you just think enough is enough.

The last 7 years have turned countless thousand Hibs supporters away for good and despite their good works in other areas this will be Petrie & STF's legacy.

Every time I start to think about going back its another humiliation

Its long stopped being worth the grief that going regularly caused.

It still hurts from a distance though.

My sincere appreciation to those that still go, It must be driving you nuts.

andy1875
30-08-2014, 05:32 PM
The proof really is in the pudding with Hibs.

When you have guys like Robertson and Craig in the heartbeat of the team, you will lose more games than you win.

Not to mention creative players like Harris who can't create chances nowadays, Heffernan who offers nowt and your onto an almost shoe in defeat regularly.

Too many players still at this club who aren't cutting the mustard and have had more than enough time to show more.

Summer of change. Pathetic.

southsider
30-08-2014, 05:35 PM
We have 2nd or perhaps 3rd rate players in our team. But it is not the first time. My father told me Joe B used to play teams on his own. Pat in the late 60's done the same. Leigh single handedly saved us from relegation. Now we need him to get us up. He will have to do this with little help as out team, in the most, are nowhere good enough, even in this league. If we fail to get him there will be hell to pay for the board.

H18Y GW
30-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Back in the house an hour ago and just turned the WWW on as its frankly too much to take,FB is abandoned for the weekend and its impacting on my social life as im staying in watching Xfactor as a visit to the bowling club for a pint and ripped from the gvnts doesnt sit well

Whats worse is im not upset. more disillusioned

Ronniekirk
30-08-2014, 05:42 PM
You should have a better idea you were there to witness it . But the truth is sides don't fear us and see us as a side still low on confidence and if they close down Kennedy and work hard and press us they know they will get opportunities and if they take one of those we are under pressure You would have hoped as we were one up we could go on a dominate the game but we seem unable to do that and have developed a worrying tendency not to play as well in second half of games Teams will have clocked this But really is a low point in season this early in . So much for mid weeks game kick starting our season

Sir David Gray
30-08-2014, 05:47 PM

Forgive me if I fail to see the funny side.

Today was an utter shambles. No shape, no clear plan and very little in the way of creativity.

Apart from our goal, we created almost nothing and their goalkeeper barely had a save to make.

Alloa were well worth their win and good luck to them but that was an unacceptable performance from us today.

We're already 9 points behind Hearts and it's not even September yet.

hibsbollah
30-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Forgive me if I fail to see the funny side.

Today was an utter shambles. No shape, no clear plan and very little in the way of creativity.

Apart from our goal, we created almost nothing and their goalkeeper barely had a save to make.

Alloa were well worth their win and good luck to them but that was an unacceptable performance from us today.

We're already 9 points behind Hearts and it's not even September yet.

Its only a game :dunno:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Embarrassing, and the fans who turn out in numbers to out number a home crowd, are yet again let down buy most of the "players" on the pitch.

Haven't renewed my season ticket yet, but there is not really any evidence to suggest that I should. I honestly feel like I am falling out of love with Hibs these days.

Todays game reminded me of how I felt after the Raith cup game. Stubbs needs to clear out a few more players and replace them with proper players.

In Stubbs I trust, he'll turn it around.

loanheadhibby
30-08-2014, 06:02 PM

It's too late. The horse has bolted. Typical hibs scrabbling about on deadline day signing trash like matt done and pa kujabi. The business should have been done before season started like that mob across the road.

when subs got the job, one of the reason was a list of players he had prepared. Where are these players?

Franck Stanton
30-08-2014, 06:07 PM

Quite rightly. Hope to god he is giving each and every one of them the "Fergie Hairdryer" treatment.

Canongatehibs
30-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Season over and it's still August.
Only Hibs.

Only Hibs!

Well done ROD.

Albion Hibs
30-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Part time players with desire to win and team spirit - full time team Hibs - happened before and will happen again.

We are talking a bigger and better game than Butcher did just now and my biggest worry is we have the back room staff to go with it ,at least Butcher had the swearer and Marsella and that was all we were spending on.

i thought thus the other nights the result against dumbarton papered a crack, struggling for a result against a part time team at home on a week night, when there players will have done a full days work. I was pretty glad that fixture was not played on a Saturday afternoon.

wookie70
30-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Dreadful display. We look unfit to me. The radio was saying that Hearts have only had 3 days off since the start of the season. They had a triple session on Thursday and are frequently training twice a day. I think we need to up the ante.

My lad said we should be beating teams with so little money. My thoughts have always been that money is secondary. Football is a team game and getting the blend right and everyone playing for each other is vital. Drive and desire will see many players with lesser skills succeed. Unfortunately we have player who seem to lack heart and guts.
In the final minute or two Harris was surrounded by about 3 Alloa players. He lost the ball amd got pelted. The fault of course lay with the 4 or 5 supporting players who never helped. We have a team of players who should be politicians as passing the buck comes more naturslly to them than passimg the ball.

Golden Bear
30-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Dreadful display. We look unfit to me. The radio was saying that Hearts have only had 3 days off since the start of the season. They had a triple session on Thursday and are frequently training twice a day. I think we need to up the ante.

My lad said we should be beating teams with so little money. My thoughts have always been that money is secondary. Football is a team game and getting the blend right and everyone playing for each other is vital. Drive and desire will see many players with lesser skills succeed. Unfortunately we have player who seem to lack heart and guts.
In the final minute or two Harris was surrounded by about 3 Alloa players. He lost the ball amd got pelted. The fault of course lay with the 4 or 5 supporting players who never helped. We have a team of players who should be politicians as passing the buck comes more naturslly to them than passimg the ball.

I agree. Our players are risk averse in modern day speke.

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Paul Sturrock is the man you should talk to if you want to hear opinions on Scottish pro footballers training - he was adamant that our game would only change if our players and our managers understood the require to train properly, all day, working on numerous things, not just fitness.

I posted a couple of years ago that an SFA coach was flabbergasted at Hibs approach to our young players when they 'made the first team' - he rightly said that they should continue training as if they were still youths - in other words, work at their game in the afternoons as well, double sessions. Wotte wants that throughout the game here so it's really no surprise that Levein and Neilson have adopted that approach.

Had to laugh at Handling and his golf challenge interview this week - less golf, more football and more core strength Danny - you look like you'd fall over in a light wind. Rate him highly but all the young players should be in for full days for me. Work ethic, you cannot underestimate it.

kdhibees1
30-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Pretty much sums up my weekend each time we play!

emerald green
30-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Na Steve, it's not funny. It's disgraceful. They even gave Hibs a goal of a start FFS.

Barrabus
31-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Why don't I like you? I don't post very often - but it's far from amusing.

SteveHFC
31-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Why don't I like you? I don't post very often - but it's far from amusing.

It is amusing that we can't beat a part time side with the very few decent players we've got. Don't worry though i'm sure we will still win the league this season like some of the others have said. :aok:

FinlayHibs
31-08-2014, 12:53 AM
I and coco calderwood mixu yogi and the rest !!!!! Petries to blame chase the !!!

FinlayHibs
31-08-2014, 01:11 AM
How on earth can this most famous establishment team Hibernian go so down hill in the last 30 years ????? First british team ever in the european cup ? First with shirt sponsers ? Floodlights ? Undersoilheating???????? What your thoughts troops ?

Forza Fred
31-08-2014, 02:24 AM

About sums up my feelings, except I would remind everyone of the old saying..."the fish rots from the head down"

Years of disinterest from our owner in regard to football achievement, who praised Rod Petrie at every opportunity when everyone else could see we were heading south, has created a culture where we must be the only football team I know where actual performance on the field was of secondary importance.

We are now reaping the results of this.

We are also in danger of compounding it by being top heavy with back room staff, while we can't afford to shell out on decent players.

Our need is NO W..not ..'we have to be patient'

Don't want to hear any more about patience...we are a club in crisis and we need to resort to fixing things on the park NOW!

Pete
31-08-2014, 03:07 AM
How on earth can this most famous establishment team Hibernian go so down hill in the last 30 years ????? First british team ever in the european cup ? First with shirt sponsers ? Floodlights ? Undersoilheating???????? What your thoughts troops ?

30 years?

:confused:

If you're meaning our derby record over the last 30 years do you want me to explain why we've lost more than the cheats?

geordielad
31-08-2014, 06:10 AM
30 years?

:confused:

If you're meaning our derby record over the last 30 years do you want me to explain why we've lost more than the cheats?

I would love to hear your answer!

leggeto
31-08-2014, 06:59 AM

Wasn't at the game but thinking they were more hungry for it and the pure will to win which we don't have,if you can't match a team on ability you get tore in and in their face and grind it out

DH1875
31-08-2014, 10:22 AM
I and coco calderwood mixu yogi and the rest !!!!! Petries to blame chase the !!!

Think your being unfair to Mixu and yogi to be honest.

steviehibsleith
31-08-2014, 10:45 AM
The proof really is in the pudding with Hibs.

When you have guys like Robertson and Craig in the heartbeat of the team, you will lose more games than you win.

Not to mention creative players like Harris who can't create chances nowadays, Heffernan who offers nowt and your onto an almost shoe in defeat regularly.

Too many players still at this club who aren't cutting the mustard and have had more than enough time to show more.

Summer of change. Pathetic.
Dont forget a defence which my niece could score against. Ive said for years if you accept Hanlon and Stevenson as defenders we are goosed. Also Forster isnt now nor never will be good enough .

emerald green
31-08-2014, 10:52 AM

I would love to hear what Yogi Hughes makes of the situation at Hibernian FC as ICT sit a point clear at the top of the SPL, having already beaten the current champions Celtic this season.

Why can't HFC come anywhere near the achievements of a club like ICT, given our relative greater resources and hugely greater fan base?

J-C
31-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Dont forget a defence which my niece could score against. Ive said for years if you accept Hanlon and Stevenson as defenders we are goosed. Also Forster isnt now nor never will be good enough .

Hanlon I think is good enough, Stevenson is a makeshift LB, he's a DM/LM always has been but because he's capable of slotting in to LB he gets played there and the jury is still well and truly out as far as Forster is concerned.

silverhibee
31-08-2014, 11:10 AM

The last 2 managers to get us in the top six, one of them even got us in to Europe by finishing 4th in the league, yes 4th, the glory days compared to where we are now.

emerald green
31-08-2014, 11:24 AM
You know what else I find embarrassing?

It's when our players are quoted in the papers, when they have done SFA, as saying things like "Hibs are due to give some team/club a hammering". Just like prior to the Alloa game.

When I read that my heart sank. When will they ever learn at this club?

sbell1875
31-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Wasn't at the game today as had to work. What were we like? deservedly got beat? unlucky?

Either way, we really should be beating teams like Alloa. ****ing embarrasing.

We deserved to lose the game. Scored at about the only time of the game we were slightly the better team. Didn't build on it and Alloa could have been level before the break but for shots going wide and Oxley making 1 or 2 saves.

2nd half we were exceptionally poor with Alloa the better team by quite some distance. As soon as Faird went off in the 1st we never looked like scoring with Heff up top.

For me the system just didn't work. We hardly had the ball and even when we did there were never any options ahead. Kennedy was mostly anonymous and as for Allan & Craig I would love to know what they had been told to do yesterday.

Our best options were Stevenson & Gray down each wing. Midfield completely anonymous virtually all game.

Overall assessment - very poor indeed.

California-Hibs
31-08-2014, 01:43 PM
It is amusing that we can't beat a part time side with the very few decent players we've got. Don't worry though i'm sure we will still win the league this season like some of the others have said. :aok:

Your posts are very embarrassing and I feel you'd be more suited to being a Hearts supporter with your guff that you like to post.

SteveHFC
31-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Your posts are very embarrassing and I feel you'd be more suited to being a Hearts supporter with your guff that you like to post.

:faf: :faf: