PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths loan???

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Hermit Crab
19-09-2014, 09:18 PM
I've observed this with you in the past, especially betting.

FWIW I have had info that it's on the cards, just a tweak regarding money is my info. Monday I believe.

Moist.

Stax
19-09-2014, 09:27 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/P6NGyxkKCrtlK/giphy.gif
Cannae beat a Daffy :greengrin

AlbertK86
19-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Celtic manager saying Leigh ain't fit enough

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/11110253/Leigh-Griffiths-must-become-a-24-hour-athlete-warns-Celtic-manager-Ronny-Deila.html

Get him back to ER

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Right now I'm taking things seriously

SMAXXA Brooster and The Cat let's be hearing similar from you guys and then I'll be more than convinced

Why include the cat?

NorthRoadHibee
19-09-2014, 09:50 PM
The Celtic lad on twitter says sparky is saying he will sign tomorrow morning

The Harp Awakes
19-09-2014, 10:16 PM
:dizzy::pray:

CRAZYHIBBY
19-09-2014, 10:18 PM
I wonder if he will nip down to see game tomorrow

Hermit Crab
19-09-2014, 10:25 PM

Not according to scoopyboy who's usually on the money.

geohibby
19-09-2014, 10:34 PM

so what is he saying??

Thecat23
19-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Why include the cat?

I genuinely have no idea what your issue is with me. The info I posted on Leigh was correct at the time. All was done but Celtic pulled the plug at last min. Even the press ran the story I had said the day before.

I'd told folk about Butcher and Liam Fontaine along with other snippets about when we went for Wylde and how Bolton shafted us on it. Not asking you to believe me that's up to yourself, but the way you constantly have digs is baffling me!

Or if your just winding me up as a joke then I've bit!

NorthRoadHibee
19-09-2014, 10:41 PM

Just what I seen on twitter mate

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2014, 10:44 PM
I genuinely have no idea what your issue is with me. The info I posted on Leigh was correct at the time. All was done but Celtic pulled the plug at last min. Even the press ran the story I had said the day before.

I'd told folk about Butcher and Liam Fontaine along with other snippets about when we went for Wylde and how Bolton shafted us on it. Not asking you to believe me that's up to yourself, but the way you constantly have digs is baffling me!

Or if your just winding me up as a joke then I've bit!

:wink:

Thecat23
19-09-2014, 10:48 PM

****.. I dived into that big time!!!

:D

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2014, 11:06 PM

:hilarious

hibees 7062
19-09-2014, 11:30 PM
:hilarious

:greengrin :top marks

Hermit Crab
19-09-2014, 11:42 PM
so what is he saying??

Read his post. It's on the previous page.

Haymaker
20-09-2014, 12:52 AM

It's alright Andy.

Up The Bracket
20-09-2014, 01:04 AM
In an independant Scotland Griffiths would already be a Hibs player IMO

Aldo
20-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Celtic manager saying Leigh ain't fit enough http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/11110253/Leigh-Griffiths-must-become-a-24-hour-athlete-warns-Celtic-manager-Ronny-Deila.html Get him back to ER

Not fit enough but has started him in the league. Blah.

Get him back where he belongs.

Torto7062
20-09-2014, 06:47 AM
He will be signed by end of week if Hibs don't stop ******g about with the deal......
Reliable Source...don't ask who.
Just wait and see...Onwards and Upwards

scoopyboy
20-09-2014, 06:49 AM

No guarantees with this one though.

Lots of twists and turns in this saga and I'd rather it was sorted sooner than later.

Ronniekirk
20-09-2014, 07:00 AM
Not fit enough but has started him in the league. Blah.

Get him back where he belongs.

But he isn't a 24 hour Athlete according to R D .If he isn't even getting on bench and manager is making comments like that publicly he isn't mam managing Leigh the right way ,agree he needs to get out of there ,whether it's back here is neither here nor there ,but he is clearly going somewhere by sounds of it

Aldo
20-09-2014, 07:02 AM
No guarantees with this one though. Lots of twists and turns in this saga and I'd rather it was sorted sooner than later.

Scoops can I ask is it from the Smellic end or a bit of both??

Aldo
20-09-2014, 07:05 AM
But he isn't a 24 hour Athlete according to R D .If he isn't even getting on bench and manager is making comments like that publicly he isn't mam managing Leigh the right way ,agree he needs to get out of there ,whether it's back here is neither here nor there ,but he is clearly going somewhere by sounds of it

Indeed Ronnie. The lad just wants to play but I don't think it matters what he does he'll never fit in there at the moment with the current regime..... "Not fit enough", "Not in right frame of mind", "Doesn't suit system we wanted to play today"..... Excuse after excuse.

Hopefully something sorted sooner rather than later.

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2014, 07:27 AM
If we did sign Leigh, he'd have to bide his time and wait for an injury or a drop in form from one of our strikers. We are not having much trouble scoring goals, and i'm struggling to see just who he'd replace?

GreenArmyyy!
20-09-2014, 07:33 AM
If we did sign Leigh, he'd have to bide his time and wait for an injury or a drop in form from one of our strikers. We are not having much trouble scoring goals, and i'm struggling to see just who he'd replace?

Lol

mjhibby
20-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Laughable that that Delia smith says lg is not fit enough. Everybody who knows anything about Leigh knows he is ultra competitive even in training so to say that is a smokescreen at best. I think it is more to do with how they want to play their strikers and Leigh doesn't fit the bill. For Leigh to be effective you need to have him right on the shoulder of the last man as his superb goal for sellick at the pbs showed. I'm sure Collins,while I've plenty time for him,isn't helping the man management side either. Ironically griffiths seemed to relate to Neil Lennon as when he scored at the pbs. Leigh needs to be handled in a certain way by the manager and reminds of one of the wee guys in the team that I coach. Headstrong,stroppy but if you channel them the right way capable of superb performances that have the mums and dads watching purring with appreciation. I've no doubt Leigh is enormously hard work but when a guy can score an extraordinary goal out of nothing as against Falkirk in the semi or the free kick at the pbs is is worth the hassle. Please god he doesn't become wasted like deek or Garry. Let's just get him home and let home run riot,to coin a phrase, in the championship. Life's not all about money and I'm sure Leigh and thousands of hibs fans would be much happier if he was where he is comfortable and where he could make a big big impact in Scottish football. As to whether it happens I'm not sure as I was told it was Collins blocking the deal,but let's hope for Leigh's sake he gets something sorted so he doesn't end up another wasted great Scottish talent. Rant over.

Keith_M
20-09-2014, 07:42 AM

:agree:

The Heff is on fire right now, so can't see him beng replaced anytime soon (source, the guy who picks the team)

hibs4thecup1988
20-09-2014, 07:52 AM
He will be signed by end of week if Hibs don't stop ******g about with the deal......
Reliable Source...don't ask who.
Just wait and see...Onwards and Upwards

Signed by who?? Hibs?

Keith_M
20-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Still waiting for a reply to any 'sources' of these rumours......

:tumble:

...and another 15 hours later, STILL no sources mentioned.

:tumble:

Waxy
20-09-2014, 08:04 AM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/griffiths-urged-to-stick-in-at-celtic-181359n.25379565

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-09-2014, 08:07 AM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/griffiths-urged-to-stick-in-at-celtic-181359n.25379565

So there's "no chance" of him coming back, even on loan?

:na na:

:cb

:not worth

Dave-O
20-09-2014, 08:15 AM
So there's "no chance" of him coming back, even on loan?

:na na:

:cb

:not worth

RONNY DEILA refused yesterday to rule out the option of Leigh Griffiths joining Hibs on loan.....:wink:

erin-go-bragh87
20-09-2014, 08:56 AM
RONNY DEILA refused yesterday to rule out the option of Leigh Griffiths joining Hibs on loan.....:wink:

Am I right in thinking it's the first time this has been commented on by Celtic?? Fingers crossed there's something in all this this time but I won't hold my breath!

SanFranHibs
20-09-2014, 09:24 AM

where did he say that? Not saying he did not. Just been googling it and cannot find it. Found this which I am sure everyone here has read.

Thought even the headline is poor reporting. 'Out of Form'? Out of favour, yes. If you are not starting it is pretty harsh especially when the last time you were called upon you rescued a point for them. Says 1 goal in 7, but how many starts? There is no substitution for playing time and it's not as if he is getting a few run outs in the U20's to get him fit! Going to the gym and bulking up a little or running on the treadmill is not going to get him match fit. Matches get you fit that is why's it called 'match fit'.

“He really wants to succeed at Celtic. He’s at a very big club, he knows it and this is his chance,” said Deila. “Wanting is one thing, but knowledge is another.

“You have to see all of the time if you have the attitude or the knowledge. Playing matches is important, but being a 24-hour athlete is important as well.

What you do in matches is important, but you have also to be very aware of what you do every day in training and off the pitch. There have been no problems with Leigh off the pitch, but he needs to get fitter

Sounds like he should be going to the library and not the gym! If there are no problems off the pitch and we have to assume he is doing the training that Delia and 6-Pak Collins have designed for the squad then how do you get match fit? Play matches, not just 10 minutes at the end of a game that might already be lost or won and winding down. And if he is not doing what he should at training then that is between the coaching staff and LG, not a newspaper filler and fuel for the rumour mill. And if the training is well designed and LG is doing everything they demand at training then surely that is it ASSUMING he is not leaving training and downing a few pints of lager and a haggis supper on the way home or staying up all night playing on his Xbox or staggering in at 3 in the morning from the Glasgow nightclubs. I am sure others here would have more knowledge of his lifestyle than I do (which is zero) but I have never heard any rumour that he hits the drink or pisses around and indeed RD says there is no problem whatsoever with him off the pitch. So what the hell is he talking about? 'Look inside himself, gain the knowledge'. He's Sparky, not Grasshopper.

I confess when I saw Leigh come on as a sub against Dundee Utd (game already won) he did look a bit slow out of the trap and I commented on it at the time but it seemed to be accepted that he was recovering from a flu/illness. Looked lively enough against Dundee when he came on. Maybe LG is not responding well to being droppped and is slacking and feeling somewhat pissed off at not being a regular but I think it is safe to say whilst at Wolves, Hibs, Wolves again and then Celtic under Lennon LG seemed fully committed and bursting with energy.

Deila, if you want him fit send him our way and he will get plenty of game time!!

:flag:

P.S. just found the more recent Daily Record report.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-star-leigh-griffiths-warned-4291241

Interesting how the Telegraph was published before the Record one and how differently the statement/interview has been reported. Obviously the 24 hour athlete is still the main thrust of both articles but no 'out of form' subheader in the Record report and no 'look inside himself' in the Telegraph report. Don't these guys ever read Hibs.Net?

Ok, that is my LG nonsense of the day out of the way.

I know it is not just about posting on here. I have to be a 24 hour .netter, take care of myself off the computer, join a typing school, get my eyes tested. I am off to look inside myself and gain the knowledge so I can become a better Hibs.netter.

Hopefully back online in time for the game today!

:flag:

Keith_M
20-09-2014, 10:04 AM

Keekaboo refused to rule out the option of having a hot date tonight with Angelina Jolie.

SMAXXA
20-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Some of the posts that this is a done deal are a bit premature.

SanFranHibs
20-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Keekaboo refused to rule out the option of having a hot date tonight with Angelina Jolie.

Is she out on loan? Source?

matty_f
20-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Some of the posts that this is a done deal are a bit premature.

Is it a done deal at Hibs' end, though? :greengrin

SMAXXA
20-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Is it a done deal at Hibs' end, though? :greengrin

Lol it's as done a deal as you could wish for at hibs end, as much as it can be when you want a player he wants to come but nothing concrete happening just yet :greengrin

matty_f
20-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Lol it's as done a deal as you could wish for at hibs end, as much as it can be when you want a player he wants to come but nothing concrete happening just yet :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Dave-O
20-09-2014, 10:48 AM
where did he say that? Not saying he did not. Just been googling it and cannot find it. Found this which I am sure everyone here has read.

That's not me quoting deila it's in here.... http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/griffiths-urged-to-stick-in-at-celtic-181359n.25379565 ....:wink:

SanFranHibs
20-09-2014, 10:54 AM

Are we sure about this? Any of his 'associates' on here able to confirm this?

We don't know what has been said between him and RD whose latest interview/statement can be interpreted differently. He might consider loaning him out to a Championship team but on the other hand LG is still part of his plans and it is up to LG to fight his way into the first team. Is it just a case of LG going into a cream puff because he is now a 'bit player'?

Of course I am biased and want him back at ER but I really feel it is in our interest (mostly) in Celtics interest because he would get fit and score goals which make sit easier to offload him in January getting as much of their money back as possible, and for LG who would at least get playing time, get fully fit and score goals which helps him in January.

But maybe LG is the stumbling block! Maybe the Championship has no appeal for him and he might be thinking it would only take an injury or two in the Celtic forward line or a bad couple of games for them and he would be back in the mix.

Maybe we just have to face it. Heffernan is the man !!!! :greengrin

SanFranHibs
20-09-2014, 10:57 AM
That's not me quoting deila it's in here.... http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/griffiths-urged-to-stick-in-at-celtic-181359n.25379565 ....:wink:

Well, I just read it again and don't see any mention of Keekaboo and Angela Jolie!

Joe6-2
20-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Well, I just read it again and don't see any mention of Keekaboo and Angela Jolie!

Lol

Hibs90
20-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Sparky is on route to the game, currently on a supporters bus. :wink::greengrin

Www1875hfc
20-09-2014, 11:11 AM

Is he leading the Choir ? :greengrin
Mind tell them,no clips have to be uploaded to social media sites. :aok:

Theinsider
20-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Hopefully someone can get the required info from him

Keith_M
20-09-2014, 12:31 PM

It's true, Ah tell ye!

Sparky is on route to the game, currently on a supporters bus. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gifhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

Photos please

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

Salisbury Hibby
20-09-2014, 01:01 PM
"24 Hour Athlete"? I think the truth is that he is not "24 Hour Celtic". They hate that.

Eyrie
20-09-2014, 01:29 PM
It's true, Ah tell ye!

Photos please

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

I'd rather have the photos of Angelina Jolie (preferably without you though :na na: )

Hermit Crab
20-09-2014, 01:38 PM

Which branch is that then?

Keith_M
20-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Oh dear, that'll put him off for definite then

Cod Boy
20-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Think there is more to worry about than will he wont he sign. The shambles that has become Hibernian Football Club and the owners need ousted

SanFranHibs
20-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Oh dear, that'll put him off for definite then

Yep, although at least if it was to happen no-one could say it is not an emergency loan!!! We are on life support right now! Look like a team that is playing out the last few meaningless games of a season.

Kaff
20-09-2014, 11:40 PM
:hyper:

That always makes me smile Haymaker.
Don't lose the faith, my kids are still singing 'Leigh Leigh Super Leigh' just hope they can do it with him in (our) green again.

Haymaker
21-09-2014, 12:25 AM
That always makes me smile Haymaker.
Don't lose the faith, my kids are still singing 'Leigh Leigh Super Leigh' just hope they can do it with him in (our) green again.

I will never lose faith. He will be home soon. :greengrin

shetlandhibee
21-09-2014, 12:42 AM
any player in the team thats who hed replace: how could u think other wise, lol bide his time//? if he came aye right

erin-go-bragh87
21-09-2014, 07:21 AM
any player in the team thats who hed replace: how could u think other wise, lol bide his time//? if he came aye right

Huge bite.......

Aldo
21-09-2014, 07:33 AM

Oooppppss!!!

FWIW could Soarky play CH?? ;-)

Eyrie
21-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Given our non-performances on the pitch just now, I'd actually be concerned for Griffiths about whether he can live up to the expectations that he can be our messiah.

And if he does, how long before some hoofball pub team decides to crock him?

emerald green
21-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Leigh Griffiths isn't a miracle worker. Even if by some miracle he came back to Hibs, it's ridiculous to think or expect that he can carry this squad of non performing players on his back, yet again.

How often has it been said in the past that it often doesn't work out for a player when he returns to a former club?

Don't get me wrong, I would welcome LG back, but a reality check is needed too.

The only way I can see out of the mess this club is in on the pitch is through major investment in the playing squad. The problem with that is there is no money available for such major investment, otherwise why did the club only sign the players it did, along with the now familiar loan signings?

The financial situation is only going to get worse as more and more fans call it a day (some perhaps to be lost permanently).

The current owner is not going to say to LD or AS... "how would you like two or three million pounds in January to fund the signing and wages of 3 or 4 really top pros?"

erin-go-bragh87
21-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Looks like he's playing today going by his tweet this morning??

Hibeesmad
21-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Isn't even on the bench again today!

GGTTH07
21-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Not in the squad. Feel sorry for the boy.

Gus Fring
21-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Maybe now all the doubting thomases that say he'd be daft to leave SPL and European football will realise this is actually a good move for him because right now he's not playing at all and that will hurt his career worse than playing and scoring regularly for a lower league team.

Hermit Crab
21-09-2014, 02:37 PM
If he doesn't sign tomorrow as per scoopboys post about this being a possibility, I think he's a cert to line up against hearts in the cup match coming up in midweek.

TheFamous1875
21-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Looks like he's playing today going by his tweet this morning??

What did he tweet exactly?

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Could do with their two new huddies up front getting on the scoresheet or oor Leigh will be getting recalled

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-09-2014, 04:07 PM
What did he tweet exactly?

Wasn't even on the bench...:confused:

Hermit Crab
21-09-2014, 04:20 PM

Nope. That's 3 games in a row he's been left out the squad. Waste of talent.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Nope. That's 3 games in a row he's been left out the squad. Waste of talent.

Correct HC and what are we going to do about it? as usual the sound of silence filters through from the board, if they had any sense at all they would be pulling out all the stops to get him.

Chuck Rhoades
21-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Confident he'll sign this week, maybe even tomorrow.

Hermit Crab
21-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Correct HC and what are we going to do about it? as usual the sound of silence filters through from the board, if they had any sense at all they would be pulling out all the stops to get him.

To to be fair we don't know the board aren't trying to get him. Celtic are the stumbling block if they don't want to let him go then there's not a lot we can do about it. We may get a surprise this week you never know.

Bleeds green
21-09-2014, 04:31 PM

I actually believe this is one thing we can't criticise the board for they have tried all they can to get him to us......as said a surprise is on the cards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
To to be fair we don't know the board aren't trying to get him. Celtic are the stumbling block if they don't want to let him go then there's not a lot we can do about it. We may get a surprise this week you never know.

Here's hoping :wink:

silverhibee

Surely it's down to celtc if he is allowed to move and Hibs really have no say in it.

Hermit Crab
21-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Surely it's down to celtc if he is allowed to move and Hibs really have no say in it.

:agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-09-2014, 04:34 PM

Perhaps but can't the board at least make a wee bit of a fuss about it? morale amongst supporters at an all time low and we need to know the board are at least trying, not just LG but 2 new central defenders as well please...:greengrin

silverhibee
21-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Perhaps but can't the board at least make a wee bit of a fuss about it? morale amongst supporters at an all time low and we need to know the board are at least trying, not just LG but 2 new central defenders as well please...:greengrin

Have they made a fuss about it.?

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Have they made a fuss about it.?

Not to my knowledge, they may have whispered it but I didn't catch it...:greengrin

Jim44
21-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Could do with their two new huddies up front getting on the scoresheet or oor Leigh will be getting recalled

Interesting comment on Kerrydale street to the effect that 'if anyone goes back to Hibs it should be Stokes.' Are they softening towards the thought of Griffiths staying put.?

matty_f
21-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Interesting comment on Kerrydale street to the effect that 'if anyone goes back to Hibs it should be Stokes.' Are they softening towards the thought of Griffiths staying put.?

Would take them both if that's the clincher for the deal going through!:greengrin

erin-go-bragh87
21-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Sorry guys he tweeted a picture of his new boots saying "game today 3 points hopefully" with a wee green shamrock thing! Just thought he must have thought he's at least be on the bench today.

matty_f
21-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Can we cool it with the gifs please, if this deal is a goer then this thread is going to be very useful for people looking for info, unless they have to wade through countless hilarious pictures of cartoon characters self-pleasuring.

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Can we cool it with the gifs please, if this deal is a goer then this thread is going to be very useful for people looking for info, unless they have to wade through countless hilarious pictures of cartoon characters self-pleasuring.

Can we have our own separate thread then?

matty_f
21-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Can we have our own separate thread then?

Be my guest.

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Be my guest.

Cheers mate :greengrin

Heisenberg
21-09-2014, 06:24 PM
If this happens then ok, we have a very good player until December. Won't stop us being soft as **** at the back/in central midfield.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-09-2014, 06:56 PM
My main concern would be Leigh arriving for 93 days, banging in a few goals then being recalled by Celtic or wanted by an English championship side. Just want him signed permanently! Beggars can't be choosers though

Bronson
21-09-2014, 07:05 PM
If this happens then ok, we have a very good player until December. Won't stop us being soft as **** at the back/in central midfield.

That's the spirit:rolleyes:

hibees 7062
21-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Cheers mate :greengrin

:I'm waiti

we are hibs
21-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Lots of Celtic fans on twitter saying that he has signed.....

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 07:44 PM
http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140629&page=201

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Yup, social media going a bit mad for the story in the last hour or so.
I heard positive news earlier this evening as well. This could be a goer this time

YehButNoBut
21-09-2014, 07:46 PM
some comments from twitter

world football news ‏@worldfootballn7 28m (https://twitter.com/worldfootballn7/status/513768589007278080) Leigh Griffiths will join Hibernian on loan till the end of the season #wfbc (https://twitter.com/hashtag/wfbc?src=hash)

Boys In Green Spain ‏@BoysInGreenESP 3m (https://twitter.com/BoysInGreenESP/status/513774931323408384)
Leigh Griffiths will be joining Hibernian on loan for the next 3 months. Deal will be official tomorrow according to @Kenny_Millar (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar)

Celtic SupportersFTT ‏@CSFTT 41m (https://twitter.com/CSFTT/status/513765570421211136)
Leigh Griffiths will join Hibs on emergency loan until January

Carlos González ‏@RebelBhoy88 41m (https://twitter.com/RebelBhoy88/status/513765511512203264)
Leigh Griffiths will be joining Hibernian on loan for the next 3 months. Deal will be official tomorrow according to @paulthetim (https://twitter.com/paulthetim)

Haymaker
21-09-2014, 07:50 PM

woodyhfc4892
21-09-2014, 07:53 PM
a Celtic Facebook page says he's coming til January.. Surely not?

Hibeesmad
21-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Sorry for this, but I'm about to cream myself

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 07:56 PM
http://www.snspix.com/image/10264245_400_400_0_0_fit_6_f2ef37f8ac9b81953d0cdb7 9bf273ece.jpg

S4uzee
21-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Excellent news if true but too late

Chuck Rhoades
21-09-2014, 08:00 PM

Too late for what? The season has just started.

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 08:02 PM

The fact he has been left out today's squad suggests one of two things

He is going on loan somewhere

or. He isn't trying in training and has been dropped till he gets his act together .

He is too good a player not to be playing so am prepared to at least believe this could be on this time but like all the other rumours it is just that till its announced .
The fact RD mentioned it during the week also gives me some hope .

HibbyAndy
21-09-2014, 08:02 PM
I called it hours ago :wink:

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 08:03 PM

Yeah you did :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-09-2014, 08:05 PM
http://www.snspix.com/image/10264245_400_400_0_0_fit_6_f2ef37f8ac9b81953d0cdb7 9bf273ece.jpg

I suggest that wifey staring at him purchases a pregnancy test immediately

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-09-2014, 08:06 PM
I suggest that wifey staring at him purchases a pregnancy test immediately

Wouldn't do the guy behind him any harm to make sure as well

hibs4thecup1988
21-09-2014, 08:08 PM

I hammered the team yesterday but it is never too late. Simples

HibbyAndy
21-09-2014, 08:08 PM

He's sound as a pound :agree:

Broken Gnome
21-09-2014, 08:09 PM

Had a gander at page one of that. Utter roasters. Self-righteous t****rs.

silverhibee
21-09-2014, 08:09 PM

To late for him, he has morning sickness already. :greengrin

GORDONSMITH7
21-09-2014, 08:11 PM
A Celtic supporting amigo from Carluke just text me with 'Hibees are to get Leigh Griffiths on emergency loan'. Phoned him and he said he heard it at Darkheid today. Might be mince and tatties but thought I should share (as he clutches desperately at straws) By the way I think that there has been precedent of folk going on loan outwith the Windae as long as it was to a club outwith the SPL. Could be very wrong on both counts.

GGTTH

BIG G

hibee92
21-09-2014, 08:12 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02803/leigh_2803958b.jpg

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 08:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0-_MPKiCiA

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 08:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_FaVUK-Vuk

HibbyAndy
21-09-2014, 08:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0-_MPKiCiA

The best ever free kick :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Apart fae the one that we were robbed of at Easter Rd.

Aldo
21-09-2014, 08:19 PM

Denied it weeks ago though????

;-)

hibees 7062
21-09-2014, 08:19 PM

Lots of us saying the same on here :wink:

sleeping giant
21-09-2014, 08:24 PM
They should start selling Hibs johnies .
Probably be better with HFC printed on them rather that Hibernian. Birds would think my name was Ian :greengrin

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Denied it weeks ago though????

;-)

Just read article by Stubbs saying there is no quick Fix to our situation .If he knew we were in process of signing Leigh on loan you would of thought he wouldn't have said that . If this is just another Wynd up its not going to be amusing this time given how badly we clearly need him

Gus Fring
21-09-2014, 08:28 PM
To reiterate to anyone who is still confused about the emergency loan rules, there is absolutely nothing in them preventing this loan from happening. The only restriction will be on the length. He's not even cup tied

AlbertK86
21-09-2014, 08:29 PM
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0-_MPKiCiA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0-_MPKiCiA)

Fingers crossed he repeats this in a few weeks against THEM

S4uzee
21-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Too late for what? The season has just started.
And we're 10 points behind already with no leaders and a mince defence

Pretty Boy
21-09-2014, 08:31 PM
He better get to the gym tonight and do a few barbell rows if he has to carry this team on his back.

Aldo
21-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Just read article by Stubbs saying there is no quick Fix to our situation .If he knew we were in process of signing Leigh on loan you would of thought he wouldn't have said that . If this is just another Wynd up its not going to be amusing this time given how badly we clearly need him

Stubbs poker face Ronnie.... Giving nowt away!! Wait and see Ronnie and never say never.

Hiber-nation
21-09-2014, 08:45 PM
http://www.celticnewsnow.com/news/leigh-griffiths-heading-for-hibs/100885

banchoryhibs
21-09-2014, 08:55 PM
:pray::pray: Let's hope this time it's true -- we need some good news

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Where is that daffy giff ! :)

Ggtth

According to Admins he is getting a Thread all to himself tomorrow if L G signs :wink:

silverhibee
21-09-2014, 09:05 PM
According to Admins he is getting a Thread all to himself tomorrow if L G signs :wink:

1 o'clock tomorrow.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2014, 09:07 PM
"Fake site" looking for some ad revenue?

Should this come to pass I do believe the correct term for it is "jumping the shark"...

too little too late - we never seem to learn.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ZGKI8vpcg

Time For Heroes
21-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Not sure if its true but heard its from a very reliable source. Not claiming to be in the know etc etc and have never posted about potential transfers but apparently an emergency loan tomorrow is what I've been told.
I hope so, hope my source isnt on the wind up

HibbyAndy
21-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Not sure if its true but heard its from a very reliable source. Not claiming to be in the know etc etc and have never posted about potential transfers but apparently an emergency loan tomorrow is what I've been told.
I hope so, hope my source isnt on the wind up

You been reading my facebook ;-)

JJP
21-09-2014, 09:13 PM
I find it hard to get excited by these rumours any more. Already been let down so many times and that's just in the last few weeks.

Waxy
21-09-2014, 09:17 PM
It'll be great to have our hero back for a few months on emergency loan.
We need emergency wins and emergency points.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2014, 09:17 PM
What a day!

First Sergey's horse tip romps home at 17/2, then I arrive at my hotel in Newcastle to find that my booking agent mistakenly agreed a price of £27 instead of £72,but they're taking the hit.

Then, the hotel receptionist gives me a £1 bar voucher free and tells me it's happy hour all night on a Sunday.

It's a luck of the draw thing, with a button you have to push to stop a screen on a happy hour deal.

So far I've has 2 pints at 25% off, one half price and one free!

Then I get a text from Sergey telling me he's bringing jellied eels for me when we go to the Ryder Cup on Friday (we're guests of the USPGA).

And now Super Leigh is coming home.

If Carlsberg made Sundays!

Sergey
21-09-2014, 09:23 PM
What a day!

First Sergey's horse tip romps home at 17/2, then I arrive at my hotel in Newcastle to find that my booking agent mistakenly agreed a price of £27 instead of £72,but they're taking the hit.

Then, the hotel receptionist gives me a £1 bar voucher free and tells me it's happy hour all night on a Sunday.

It's a luck of the draw thing, with a button you have to push to stop a screen on a happy hour deal.

Then I get a text from Sergey telling me he's bringing jellied eels for me when we go to the Ryder Cup on Friday (we're guests of the USPGA).

Friday will be the day when you're glad to have a functioning mouth, Radge :agree:

Jonnyboy
21-09-2014, 09:23 PM
What a day!

You'd drink them as well? :greengrin

Titch
21-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Could he play against county??

Lee Marvin
21-09-2014, 09:32 PM
It says a lot about my feelings for hibs just now that I actually think this will happen (probably wrongly) and I could barely care less!! That's how apathetic I have become.

Steviethebear
21-09-2014, 09:33 PM
Could he play against county??

👍

majorhibs
21-09-2014, 09:35 PM
What a day!

You are fraternising with the good ole boys? Good luck.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Friday will be the day when you're glad to have a functioning mouth, Radge :agree:

It might not be functioning by the end of the day!

Hibbyradge
21-09-2014, 09:43 PM
You are fraternising with the good ole boys? Good luck.

Thanks, I guess.

More good news is I just got 2 for one in the happy hour.

I didn't want 2 more so I got one half price.

Good ole boy served me, obviously. Very good.

silverhibee
21-09-2014, 09:52 PM
If Griffiths signs then i will be up to Dingwall on Tuesday.

Not had a Wimpey's for ages, looking forward to it on Tuesday. :wink: :greengrin

GreenLake
22-09-2014, 12:22 AM
Tomorrow I begin a very specific diet which I have been planning from a few weeks back cooked by these guys (http://www.californiachef.com). Leigh Griffiths signing is sure to send me out on a bender and scupper things before day one is even over. Therefore, I am going to assume these rumors are true and celebrate tonight instead.:greengrin

Welcome back to Hibs Leigh.:flag:

hibs4thecup1988
22-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Chances are he won't be playing Tuesday. Celtic won't want him cup tied for going back to them in December. League games only.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-09-2014, 06:06 AM
So today's the day according to many

Hears hoping

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 06:15 AM
In the celtic news this morning that hes coming

Ronniekirk
22-09-2014, 07:00 AM
In the celtic news this morning that hes coming

But it's not on any other newspaper and no journalists who have tweeted before on the story have picked up on it So iether it's no longer deemed news worthy story or dare I say it Its not happening again !!!!!:confused:

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 07:27 AM
But it's not on any other newspaper and no journalists who have tweeted before on the story have picked up on it So iether it's no longer deemed news worthy story or dare I say it Its not happening again !!!!!:confused:

Record now reporting it.....see newsnow

Oscar T Grouch
22-09-2014, 07:32 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/celtic-fc

I now have to go wash my phone I hate that website

Steve20
22-09-2014, 07:44 AM
If you can only have a maximum of three months, does that mean we would need to sign him permanently in January to keep him? Or can you negotiate another three month loan deal afterwards?

PeterboroHibee
22-09-2014, 07:46 AM
If you can only have a maximum of three months, does that mean we would need to sign him permanently in January to keep him? Or can you negotiate another three month loan deal afterwards?

I think the 'emergency' loan just covers you outwith the transfer window. You can then renegotiate a deal, whether permanent or a loan extention, with the parent club in January

Steve20
22-09-2014, 07:47 AM
I think the 'emergency' loan just covers you outwith the transfer window. You can then renegotiate a deal, whether permanent or a loan extention, with the parent club in January

Cool. Cheers

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Just hope he hits the ground sprinting if we pull this off.....another 25 yard spectacular against the yams would do me

edinburghhibee
22-09-2014, 07:52 AM
I'm just adding weight to what others have said on here already but it's looking like this is happening today. Some small paperwork issues to be ironed out but everything is moving along fine ATM. Sparkys due at lennoxtown around 1030hrs so we prob won't hear anything until lunch time. Still keeping my fingers crossed until he's been revealed by the hibees!!

Billy Whizz
22-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Chances are he won't be playing Tuesday. Celtic won't want him cup tied for going back to them in December. League games only.

I agree

Ronniekirk
22-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Record now reporting it.....see newsnow
Cheers That's what happens when you get up too early and then spend ages posting lots of diatribe on another thread ,venting my feelings . But that's Hibs ,if I didn't care I wouldnt be going back , threatening to stay away ,but then going back Perseverve may be the Leith Motto but it's also applicable to being a Hibby these days

calumhibee1
22-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Just hope he hits the ground sprinting if we pull this off.....another 25 yard spectacular against the yams would do me

Another 25 yarder? The free kick was closer to 35.. both free kicks infact. :agree:

SanFranHibs
22-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Another 25 yarder? The free kick was closer to 35.. both free kicks infact. :agree:

Plus the 2 yards over the line!!

Diclonius
22-09-2014, 08:40 AM

I doubt Celtic will want him for the rest of the season.

SanFranHibs
22-09-2014, 08:50 AM

I doubt Delia is concerned with Leigh's League Cup eligibilty.

If he was concerned about LG getting LC or SC cup-tied surely it would have to be written into the contract between the two clubs because if we beat Ross he could play in the next round and of course he could play in the early Scottish Cup rounds.

Am I right in saying he can play in any competition unless Celtic do insist on a pre-nuptial?

Also, I think once he goes on loan then that is it between him and Celtic. Simialr to the Wolves situation, where he returned after playing well for us and was actually their top scorer in his final spell with them and they still punted him.

P.S. If Deila was smart he would keep him until after LG had banged in one or two against them this week as he must be aware of LG's penchant for scoring beautiful free kicks against them. That I could see.

chrisski33
22-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Hooe u comes but we cant rely on one guy! Imagine he gets injured in first 5mins of his first game? He will be a big boost IF he comes.

kevo1875
22-09-2014, 08:57 AM
He will be a massive lift for the fans and hopefully his passion for hibs might rub off on others in the changing room.

Stewboy
22-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Hooe u comes but we cant rely on one guy! Imagine he gets injured in first 5mins of his first game? He will be a big boost IF he comes.

With our luck I would take 5 minutes!

greenpaper55
22-09-2014, 09:20 AM
It will take more than LG returning to us to sort our problems, he might get a goal every other game that is if the ball ever reached him but that will not sort out our defensive shortcomings or our lack of movement and fitness.

Bad Martini
22-09-2014, 09:23 AM
It will take more than LG returning to us to sort our problems, he might get a goal every other game that is if the ball ever reached him but that will not sort out our defensive shortcomings or our lack of movement and fitness.
It was Griffiths that stopped us being relegated under Fenton, with the same issues papered over you mention above.

We've been relying on our forwards too much since Riordan and O'Connor were chipping in 40 goals between them....

calumhibee1
22-09-2014, 09:26 AM

Griffiths would score over 30 in this league if he was given a full season. I'd still be surprised to see him finish on less than 20 if we could get him here for the whole season. He had nothing to work with when he was here last time and just went and done it all alone, he would do the same again against weaker opposition IMO.:agree:

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Mu soirces are telling me Celtic have pulled the plug....

Soirce?

InterviewLoI
22-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Soirce?

Fixed

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Griffiths would score over 30 in this league if he was given a full season. I'd still be surprised to see him finish on less than 20 if we could get him here for the whole season. He had nothing to work with when he was here last time and just went and done it all alone, he would do the same again against weaker opposition IMO.:agree:

But a worse and less confident team.

Billychaotic182
22-09-2014, 09:43 AM
My sources are telling me Celtic have pulled the plug....

Really :(

Hermit Crab
22-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Fixed

Why have they pulled the plug then?

Ryan69
22-09-2014, 09:46 AM
It's really starting to get pathetic...Griffiths is not coming,end of story!

Close this thread....it's really getting embarrassing now.

Every week this stupid rumour pops up again and again!

Gus Fring
22-09-2014, 09:53 AM
It's really starting to get pathetic...Griffiths is not coming,end of story!

Close this threat....it's really getting embarrassing now.

Every week this stupid rumour pops up again and again!

Whats your source? Several ITK posters on here (most with a decent record) Kenny Millar at The Sun and the Daily Record are all reporting it to be true but you know differently?

LTYF

Gus Fring
22-09-2014, 09:55 AM
We want them to pay 50% of his wages and they're only willing to pay 30%. Petrie is actively involved in negotiations apparently

Rod should politely explain that if he stays they'll be paying 100% of his wages and he still won't be playing for them.

Diclonius
22-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Rod should politely explain that if he stays they'll be paying 100% of his wages and he still won't be playing for them.

Or agree to Celtic's demands and actually spend some money to save our season. Oh wait it's Rod, lol j/k.

Hermit Crab
22-09-2014, 09:57 AM
We want them to pay 50% of his wages and they're only willing to pay 30%. Petrie is actively involved in negotiations apparently

Is that not against the rules of loans? Parent club has to pay more than that? As for the petrie bit I don't believe it at all.

Source?

another point is that it's also been reported that its private investors paying his wages so why would petrie be involved?

Coco Bryce

:rolleyes:

Billychaotic182

So is it done or are negotiations continuing

greenginger

FFS. split it 60/40 and get it done !

Bleeds green
22-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Not 100% sure mate

Pish

J-C
22-09-2014, 10:08 AM
LOI I'm amazed you have such in depth knowledge of the wheeling and dealing of something so very personal as players wages and the percentage of who pays what, I'd be careful what your "sources" are saying becuase it sound like Tom Kite, it's well known thaat Leigh's wages are being funded by a private investor.

InterviewLoI
22-09-2014, 10:11 AM
LOI I'm amazed you have such in depth knowledge of the wheeling and dealing of something so very personal as players wages and the percentage of who pays what, I'd be careful what your "sources" are saying becuase it sound like Tom Kite, it's well known thaat Leigh's wages are being funded by a private investor.

Im just passing on what I am hearing. I desperately hope its pish

Mikey09
22-09-2014, 10:13 AM

Absolutely this!!! :top marks

R11Loaded
22-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Why would a non exec be doing any negotiations

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Mikey09
22-09-2014, 10:14 AM

Hearing from where??

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Whats your source? Several ITK posters on here (most with a decent record) Kenny Millar at The Sun and the Daily Record are all reporting it to be true but you know differently?

LTYF

sorry, but no need

J-C

Exactly, Petrie is purely a figure head waiting to get into the SFA big job, LD does all negotiations with players and agents etc, it's total guff.

hibee92

So what's your source?

hibs4thecup1988

Don't listen to these guys on here.

Whether its good or bad news getting passed on its pish :rolleyes:

FWIW even if he did come back Hibs need to sign batman adn super man as well to even have a chance of top 4 never mind winning the league

hibs4thecup1988
22-09-2014, 10:17 AM

Because he is still in charge and LD is a puppet?

Hermit Crab

From who?? :confused:

Billychaotic182
Refreshing this page and twitter every 5 mins is killing my battery......... Cumon get it over the line so I can get on with my day haha

silverhibee

I always got the impression that a investor was willing to pay part of the deal and the club would make up the rest.

hibs4thecup1988
22-09-2014, 10:18 AM
So what's your source?

Clearly won't and doesnt need to say.

J-C
22-09-2014, 10:20 AM

We all hear things but there's a time to not listen and also a time to think before posting, unless your source is a director at Celtic or Leann Dempster herself, there's no chance you'd be told what percentage is getting paid etc, we have some very good solid regular ITK guys on here who give genuine informed pieces of knowledge, I think I'll stick to them and not some young enthusiastic laddie who was told something by someone.

InterviewLoI
22-09-2014, 10:21 AM
A mate of mine who is generally right. Told me about Fenlon joining and Stubbs. He could be on the wind-up though!

Ryan69
22-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Who was last weeks source? Week befores source? Week before that's source?
I really reckon it's just Jambos at the wind up?

It's just becoming embarrassing really!
We couldn't afford a fraction of his wage now anyway!

Who's your ever so reliable source then?

J-C
22-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Because he is still in charge and LD is a puppet?

A NON executive is not paid by the club and cannot get involved in contracts, LD is the CEO, her job is to do all negotiations.

J-C
22-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Pay a tenner and become a PM to find out. :greengrin

InterviewLoI
22-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I didn't think before posting I apologise for my ill-informed posts

Diclonius
22-09-2014, 10:25 AM

Don't worry about it mate, I think anything along the lines of "Leigh isn't coming" is gonna be met with despair right now. We desperately need this one to come off. :pray:

Hermit Crab
22-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Just like the football on the park this is becoming intolerable.

J-C
22-09-2014, 10:26 AM
A mate of mine who is generally right. Told me about Fenlon joining and Stubbs. He could be on the wind-up though!

Jeez a mate of yours, I have mates who tell me things, most of what they say is p1sh but I don't post it on here, you could've saved 2 pages of this by just saying it was a mate who told you and we'd all just ignore what you said right away.

Hermit Crab
22-09-2014, 10:26 AM

Get back on to your source and find out more. The masses are waiting.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Any more sources?

Bad Martini
22-09-2014, 10:32 AM
My source tells me there is **** all sorted yet. Source: my eyes.

Baws to this.

Diclonius
22-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Any more sources?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4sWJD5PcZ0

:dunno:

J-C
22-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Any more sources?

I have heard the source of the Nile is somewhat hard to find.

Elephant Stone
22-09-2014, 10:34 AM
This forum is turning snide as ****.

hibs4thecup1988
22-09-2014, 10:36 AM

:agree::top marks

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 10:42 AM

Source?

silverhibee
22-09-2014, 10:44 AM

No need to delete your posts bud, you are only passing on info you have heard and posted it on here just like other folk have, maybe folk don't like to hear bad news. :greengrin

carnoustiehibee
22-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Jeez a mate of yours, I have mates who tell me things, most of what they say is p1sh but I don't post it on here, you could've saved 2 pages of this by just saying it was a mate who told you and we'd all just ignore what you said right away.

Give it a rest eh! I hope you roll out these comments to everyone else who says they have some info

And if LOL is the young irish lad who does the interviews,then his info will prob be more credible than most on here

silverhibee
22-09-2014, 10:47 AM
So what's your source?

Why does he have to give up his source, no one else on here does that.

Think some folk need to realise he is only passing on info he has heard, it's not a crime.

hibs4thecup1988
22-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Give it a rest eh! I hope you roll out these comments to everyone else who says they have some info

And if LOL is the young irish lad who does the interviews,then his info will prob be more credible than most on here

:top marks

hibs4thecup1988
22-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Why does he have to give up his source, no one else on here does that.

Think some folk need to realise he is only passing on info he has heard, it's not a crime.

Indeed.

I heard from a very reliable source last night it would happen today at 1pm. If it doesn't I will be disappointed but again understand things like LOI has advised do happen

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-09-2014, 10:50 AM
A NON executive is not paid by the club and cannot get involved in contracts, LD is the CEO, her job is to do all negotiations.

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

silverhibee
22-09-2014, 10:50 AM
From who?? :confused:

Do you give up your sources, as has been mentioned the poster has done a few interviews with a ex manager, maybe he heard it from there but he isn't going to say that.

Think folk need to calm there jets towards the poster, he is only passing on info he heard, think folk are getting annoyed because it's not what they want to hear.

silverhibee
22-09-2014, 10:53 AM
We all hear things but there's a time to not listen and also a time to think before posting, unless your source is a director at Celtic or Leann Dempster herself, there's no chance you'd be told what percentage is getting paid etc, we have some very good solid regular ITK guys on here who give genuine informed pieces of knowledge, I think I'll stick to them and not some young enthusiastic laddie who was told something by someone.

That's harsh J-C, we all hear our info from someone, but never say who.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Ahh the get out clause. :wink:

J-C
22-09-2014, 10:55 AM

When someone starts spraffing about info on wage pecentages etc then it's generally p1sh info, there's no one on here who will have knowledge of things like that, hence why some people should think before they post, otherwise we'd get hundreds of posts a day telling us their mate said this that or the other.

What LOI could have said in his initial post was that he'd been told it might not happen but wasn't too sure how reliable his source was, then we'd not be questioning him. He's a nice lad who does well at his wee TV interviews etc but there are many genuine ITK guys on here who are saying otherwise re Griffiths and I'll listen to them 1st as they've been spot on in the past.

silverhibee
22-09-2014, 10:55 AM

No need to apologise to any one bud, it should be the other way round and some folk apologising to you. :aok:

J-C
22-09-2014, 10:58 AM

I hear things all the time but only ever post when I know it's genuine or when it's being confirmed by other well known ITK guys, my info I used to get came from a well known player/coach who now plays for Falkirk, he was a good mate but I aint interested in Falkirk now :greengrin nowadays I hear very little as a lot has changed at EM.

WeeRussell
22-09-2014, 11:02 AM
So the Lad is only allowed to post when "well-known" posters have posted the same thing? Where's the point in that!

Oh.. and you can't say "hence why" :aok:

scoopyboy
22-09-2014, 11:03 AM

So you reckon I'm a jambo?

If you're fed up with it simply don't read the thread.

Diclonius
22-09-2014, 11:04 AM
This endless debate about sources and who's in the know is getting as tiresome as the results on the pitch.

Manxhibs
22-09-2014, 11:04 AM
I can't believe I let myself get excited again, FML!

Hermit Crab
22-09-2014, 11:09 AM
So you reckon I'm a jambo?

If you're fed up with it simply don't read the thread.

Whats the latest scoops ? Getting nervous here.

Thecat23
22-09-2014, 11:09 AM

Wow, think you should take a deep breath. Hibs are trying to get him and have been for a while now. That's 100% fact. The press know it, agents know it and players know it.

Hibs were so close last time as it was done until
Celtic pulled the plug! If you don't want to believe it then prob best staying off this thread.

mentalhibee
22-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Get it done Hibs!

Franck Stanton
22-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Wow, think you should take a deep breath. Hibs are trying to get him and have been for a while now. That's 100% fact. The press know it, agents know it and players know it.

Celtic pulled the plug! If you don't want to believe it then prob best staying off this thread.

You heard anything Cat ? oh and by the way hope you had a great holiday.

silverhibee
22-09-2014, 11:14 AM
When someone starts spraffing about info on wage pecentages etc then it's generally p1sh info, there's no one on here who will have knowledge of things like that, hence why some people should think before they post, otherwise we'd get hundreds of posts a day telling us their mate said this that or the other.

What LOI could have said in his initial post was that he'd been told it might not happen but wasn't too sure how reliable his source was, then we'd not be questioning him. He's a nice lad who does well at his wee TV interviews etc but there are many genuine ITK guys on here who are saying otherwise re Griffiths and I'll listen to them 1st as they've been spot on in the past.

C'mon J-C, it's a message board where folk can post what they hear, no need to have a go at the guy for passing on what he has heard.

Pretty sure they have got things wrong as well.

_hucks_
22-09-2014, 11:14 AM

Care to venture any wild speculation as to how likely it is to happen today?

Thecat23
22-09-2014, 11:15 AM
You heard anything Cat ? oh and by the way hope you had a great holiday.

Nothing new, I was just told it would be done this week. Not heard there's been any hiccups or that but will have to just wait and see.

Cheers hol was great, sitting at my desk now feeling like I could cry though 😩

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2014, 11:16 AM

Many of the older yins need to remember we were all young, enthusiastic laddies and lasses just many without the minefield of the internet... What's more this young and enthusiastic laddie has got off his erchie got access to and provided some insights others can only dream of.

Let's give everyone a fair crack of the whip (as that Jambo said to his missus ;))

Thecat23
22-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Care to venture any wild speculation as to how likely it is to happen today?

I've no idea so not going to lie. As I said I'd heard we'd be getting him this week, wasn't told deal would be done by today or that. Be great if it was.

Really hope Celtic don't stop it a second time!

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2014, 11:18 AM
If I were Celtc and wanted to get a better deal on the loan I let Hibs stew a day or two and see if there's a movement on what we'll stretch to. Celtc don't have an Agm coming up and no time pressures to off load. Hibs on the other hand...

Green Diet
22-09-2014, 11:19 AM
If we manage to sign LG today what would it mean in terms of possible revenue for the club? Would it increase gates at ER by 1000 per match? If so this would equate to $20000, give or take, per home game. This sort of extra revenue means that we could afford to pay LG heaps a dosh and we would be climbing the league table to safety/promotion. plus extra merchandise sales as a bonus. LG would be good for business.

:aok:

Aldo
22-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Wow, think you should take a deep breath. Hibs are trying to get him and have been for a while now. That's 100% fact. The press know it, agents know it and players know it. Hibs were so close last time as it was done until Celtic pulled the plug! If you don't want to believe it then prob best staying off this thread.

So are you the Jambo on the wind up then TC ;-)

Haymaker
22-09-2014, 11:22 AM
This endless debate about sources and who's in the know is getting as tiresome as the results on the pitch.

:agree: can we just get the thread back on :hyper: track?

Thecat23
22-09-2014, 11:30 AM
So are you the Jambo on the wind up then TC ;-)

Ssshhhhh Aldo you will blow my cover :greengrin

Hermit Crab
22-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Not getting my hopes up now after many recent disappointments but it would be nice if we signed him. Any more updates from our ITK guys on here? :aok:

ManBearPig
22-09-2014, 11:35 AM
have I missed something and now its not happening again!!

Hermit Crab
22-09-2014, 11:37 AM

Aye, Celtic have pulled the plug on the deal in a row over wages. Guess who else is involved in negotiations? (all alleged, not confirmed)

Theinsider
22-09-2014, 11:37 AM

Or you can just read the last 3 pages of the thread and draw you own conclusions?:greengrin

ManBearPig
22-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Or you can just read the last 3 pages of the thread and draw you own conclusions?:greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A

J-C
22-09-2014, 11:44 AM
C'mon J-C, it's a message board where folk can post what they hear, no need to have a go at the guy for passing on what he has heard.

Pretty sure they have got things wrong as well.

It was when he started to talk about what percentage of wages we offered and what Celtic wanted that was when it got silly, no one knows these details and would never be told them by a mate he knows. If he'd just said that a mate told him there may be problems with the loan, then we'd have all thanked him for the info and hoped his mate was a bullshi-tter, then all this would not be posted.

Yes peeps have got things wrong in the past but they also put in their posts that as you know things may and can go wrong with the deals and a lot of these guys have a lot of previous for getting very good info.

Winston Ingram
22-09-2014, 11:45 AM
I've no idea so not going to lie. As I said I'd heard we'd be getting him this week, wasn't told deal would be done by today or that. Be great if it was.

Really hope Celtic don't stop it a second time!

I dount Celtic would want him cup tied so it's probably in our interests to sign him later in the week as we're only getting him on a max 3 months loan. That way his last game would be the Huns on the 27th. :agree: