PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths loan???

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

Hibs7
06-09-2014, 09:38 AM
It was mentioned by an influential person but whether it was tongue in cheek or not .. Difficult to say, my response was to say it was a lie and I got a wry smile.

jacomo
06-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Let's see what January brings :wink:

Yeah and apparently Kenny Miller is desperate to return home too. :rolleyes:

snooky
06-09-2014, 12:19 PM

True - it may depend on where you define 'home' I suppose :stirrer:

J-C
06-09-2014, 12:45 PM

But his home team need to offer him a contract, we can all want something but it doesn't mean we'll get it, Miller was indeed keen to come back here but time it took to appoint a new manager etc and no one here getting in touch meant he went to Ibrox. Is this another case of jealousy that other people know more than you and you throw the dummy. :rolleyes:

sleeping giant
06-09-2014, 02:05 PM
But his home team need to offer him a contract, we can all want something but it doesn't mean we'll get it, Miller was indeed keen to come back here but time it took to appoint a new manager etc and no one here getting in touch meant he went to Ibrox. Is this another case of jealousy that other people know more than you and you throw the dummy. :rolleyes:

Im sure he joined de hun when Butcher was still in charge.
Pretty sure it was posted that the reason was that he did not want to play for Butcher.

J-C
06-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Im sure he joined de hun when Butcher was still in charge.
Pretty sure it was posted that the reason was that he did not want to play for Butcher.

Well I knew it was something to do with not being offered a contract here and not playing for Butcher was a good judgement on his part, still not good having a pop at another poster when someone doesn't sign when he has inside info though.

sleeping giant
06-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Well I knew it was something to do with not being offered a contract here and not playing for Butcher was a good judgement on his part, still not good having a pop at another poster when someone doesn't sign when he has inside info though.

To be honest , i hadnt read any comments. I just logged on and your post was at the top of a new page :greengrin

I shall go for a nosey now though

J-C
06-09-2014, 02:14 PM
To be honest , i hadnt read any comments. I just logged on and your post was at the top of a new page :greengrin

I shall go for a nosey now though

Jacomoseven having a sneaky wee dig at TC23 re him ITK about Miller being desperate to come back, as I and you say though can only come back if offered a contract.

Thecat23
06-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Jacomoseven having a sneaky wee dig at TC23 re him ITK about Miller being desperate to come back, as I and you say though can only come back if offered a contract.

Mate if folk want to have a pop it's cool. I only post what I'm told so deals do collapse last min and these guys then love to come on and say "it was *****" or "you were making it up" I know myself what happened that's what matters not a faceless internet twat.

The guys who do appreciate it are quick to say and that's what matters, other posters as well who post very good info are appreciated and know it. What we do is post a "rumour" it's that until it's official. Shame Celtic pulled the plug last min on us as it was all agreed. Anyway it's done (for now) Liam Fontaine was a rumour until Hibs announced it and that could well have gone south last min.

People who know me on here know I'm not bull****ting anyone, if I have info I share it, sometimes it comes off sometimes it doesn't!

That's football!!

Sergey
06-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Mate if folk want to have a pop it's cool.

That's football!!

You're nothing more than a loser, Cat23.

You know nothing about anything and rely on other folks RPL tips to eke out a living.

Close you're account on .net NOW.

You won't be missed.

:hnetinq:

Thecat23
06-09-2014, 10:20 PM

You know nothing about anything and rely on other folks RPL tips to eke out a living.

You won't be missed.

😁

I need to drop you a text soon, start making me some cash again!! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibeemikey21
06-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Mate if folk want to have a pop it's cool. I only post what I'm told so deals do collapse last min and these guys then love to come on and say "it was *****" or "you were making it up" I know myself what happened that's what matters not a faceless internet twat.

The guys who do appreciate it are quick to say and that's what matters, other posters as well who post very good info are appreciated and know it. What we do is post a "rumour" it's that until it's official. Shame Celtic pulled the plug last min on us as it was all agreed. Anyway it's done (for now) Liam Fontaine was a rumour until Hibs announced it and that could well have gone south last min.

People who know me on here know I'm not bull****ting anyone, if I have info I share it, sometimes it comes off sometimes it doesn't!

That's football!!

Your story was always "done deal at our end and waiting for it to be signed off by celtic"

That clearly seemed to be bang on in terms of how it was subsequently reported in the media - done deal until celtic lost out on other targets.

Thecat23
06-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Your story was always "done deal at our end and waiting for it to be signed off by celtic"

That clearly seemed to be bang on in terms of how it was subsequently reported in the media - done deal until celtic lost out on other targets.

Cheers, glad someone read all the posts. I did put a couple of times it was done this end just green light from them. Boy I spoke too who deals with Celtic was told it's done and that's what he passed to me.

Sadly Celtics side went south along with our deal.

Haymaker
06-09-2014, 11:09 PM
:hyper:

In TheCat I trust.

Hibby Gav
06-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Cheers, glad someone read all the posts. I did put a couple of times it was done this end just green light from them. Boy I spoke too who deals with Celtic was told it's done and that's what he passed to me.

I appreciate your stuff mate...keep it coming !

ggtth

Just_Jimmy
07-09-2014, 12:09 AM

And was basically confirmed by the sun guy kenny miller on TDD. As i posted a screen shot of his tweets. We're all adults, most of us enjoy the info, we know it's just tit bits and thats its just stuff folk pick up. It's our call if we buy into it fully or not.

The Green Goblin
07-09-2014, 02:54 PM

ggtth

As do I.

California-Hibs
07-09-2014, 03:56 PM
As do I.

Same over here Cat. You know I've dropped you a few PM's here and there asking for any news because I value your information and know it's reliable. As you say, sometimes they come off, sometimes they don't. I know for a certainty that you have some good contacts, and I for one am just glad that I'm able to here a few snippets posted on here from you.

Keep up the good work mate! :aok:

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2014, 03:56 PM

That's football!!

:agree: Keep them coming pussy. :greengrin

hibees 7062
07-09-2014, 07:56 PM

You won't be missed.

We didn't have pay a tenner for his lies though :na na: :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
07-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Aye keep them coming cat - looking forward to seeing one that's right.

The_Horde
07-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Agreed. Keep them coming mate and make sure you update hibs.net before your Facebook page..

GreenArmyyy!
07-09-2014, 10:27 PM

That's football!!

Great post, as I have said to you before if we didn't have people like yourself this forum would be a very boring place. Your info is always appreciated.

Hfc_Since1875
07-09-2014, 10:31 PM

That's football!!

Totally agree!

One postee who iv noticed must have decent sources and geniunly beleive is ITK!

Appreciate the knowledge you pass on and hope the abuse doesnt stop you posting!

jacomo
07-09-2014, 10:47 PM

Apologies to you n cat if you think I was having a dig at you. I'm sure you're both far more ITK than me, and I'll take your word that there was something to it.

I roll my eyes because I'm long past expecting any loyalty from players, to paraphrase Bob Dylan... money doesn't talk, it screams.

I'm sure Leigh, K Miller, whoever would like to have a contract from Hibs on offer... doesn't mean they'll take it. Sentiment and loyalty doesn't come into it, and once Leigh signed that extension at Wolves it put us out of the running.

Mind you, if it is true that we didn't even make Miller an offer then :grr: What is wrong with this club? Can't imagine Stubbs turning down a model pro with a excellent record in Scottish football?

silverhibee
07-09-2014, 10:55 PM
In Andy we trust. :agree: :greengrin

Billychaotic182
08-09-2014, 12:52 AM
Aw get ti ****. Move on guys. Wish he came back but he's no coming. End of

Haymaker
08-09-2014, 03:03 AM
In Andy we trust. :agree: :greengrin

:agree:

Waxy
08-09-2014, 06:27 AM
The cat has always got it right. Proper itk. But is he the cat because he is/was a goalie?

Danderhall Hibs
08-09-2014, 07:08 AM
The cat has always got it right. Proper itk. But is he the cat because he is/was a goalie?

I've heard from a good source it's because he can lick his own balls.

Hermit Crab
08-09-2014, 07:21 AM

Lol. :D

Thecat23
08-09-2014, 08:34 AM

Correct mate :)

Hibbyradge
08-09-2014, 08:44 AM

I heard it's because he's a pussy. :dunno:

mutley
08-09-2014, 09:21 AM
I heard it's because he's a pussy. :dunno:

I heard it because everytime he gets thrown off the East Stand he lands on his feet

The_Horde
08-09-2014, 11:18 AM

I heard it's an anagram of Andy Gillies.

Deansy
08-09-2014, 12:02 PM

ggtth

Ditto - one of the few I take seriously !

Lago
08-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Time this thread was CLOSED, he didnt come its history.

Haymaker
08-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Time this thread was CLOSED, he didnt come its history.

But he still might...

Lago
08-09-2014, 12:46 PM
But he still might...

Think of the fun you could have starting a new thread.:greengrin

Haymaker
08-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Think of the fun you could have starting a new thread.:greengrin

Ooh... Good point!

Waxy
08-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Correct mate :)
Sound. Just call me sherlock :)

greenginger
12-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Must admit I've lost it with the SPFL rules on transfers and temporary transfers.

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=1622

Does this mean we too could sign a loan player ( lets just call him Leigh since its a common name on this thread ) on a 90 day loan ?

Keith_M
12-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Jeezo, is this thread really still on the go?

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-09-2014, 07:12 PM
This thread is going nowhere until after January(at the earliest) 😎

John_the_angus_hibby
12-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Has Sparky no signed yet??

Viva_Palmeiras
12-09-2014, 09:06 PM
For the love of Rod :)

hibbypostie
13-09-2014, 08:39 AM
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif
made you look tomato soup

HibernianJK
13-09-2014, 09:14 AM
major chance leigh will be 'coming home' source - himself

John_the_angus_hibby
13-09-2014, 09:15 AM
major chance leigh will be 'coming home' source - himself

Just saw an interesting statement on his twitter. Don't understand the context but came across as "coming home" and "banging in the goals"!!!

Prepare for another 3 pages!!!

GGTTH07
13-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Just posted on twitter there's a major chance of him coming home...

HibernianJK
13-09-2014, 09:17 AM
Just saw an interesting statement on his twitter. Don't understand the context but came across as "coming home" and "banging in the goals"!!!

Prepare for another 3 pages!!!

here we go again.... doesn't seem to be making any effort o keep this private, 'back to actually getting a game'

John_the_angus_hibby
13-09-2014, 09:18 AM
It's never boring.....

John_the_angus_hibby
13-09-2014, 09:19 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/13/bceb3f6a7be61fcc308b8cbeb17f0deb.jpg

Hmmmmmm

sleeping giant
13-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Aw c'mon now. Nae one has mentioned the cat for about 6 posts.
C'mon guys.......

Stuarty27
13-09-2014, 09:21 AM
What does SL mean?

Nutmegged
13-09-2014, 09:22 AM
He says "back to actually getting a game" but he has featured in 8 of their 9 games so far this season, started fournand been a sub in four, I think he might be more frustrated about being played out wide

John_the_angus_hibby
13-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Possibly then "home" refers to position?

Bloody hell I am now resorting to deciphering Sparky's tweets as if they are the ancient utterances of Greek philosophers! Please help me!!!

s.a.m
13-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Possibly then "home" refers to position?

Bloody hell I am now resorting to deciphering Sparky's tweets as if they are the ancient utterances of Greek philosophers! Please help me!!!

:greengrin

Col2
13-09-2014, 09:27 AM
What does SL mean?

Sunshine on Leith ?

John_the_angus_hibby
13-09-2014, 09:27 AM
I understand that post a yes vote Sparky has to be sold for magic beans...

SaulGoodman
13-09-2014, 09:52 AM
What does SL mean?

Sunday League?

Super Leigh?

Sri Lanka?

Keith_M
13-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Vote Yes for Sparky!!!!!!!

:saltireflag

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 10:35 AM
That tweet has been deleted.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Not even in the squad today ffs.

silverhibee
13-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Don't think he is even on bench today.

SaulGoodman
13-09-2014, 10:53 AM
No in the squad

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Get yourself back up the road LG.

SaulGoodman
13-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Just waiting on a Trialist being announced up front for us :duck:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Before Haymaker starts, let me beat him to it...

Mr White
13-09-2014, 11:28 AM
What does SL mean?

Sparky's Leaving?

SaulGoodman
13-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Sparky's Leaving?

Summer lovin?

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 11:44 AM
I initially thought 'going home' in the context meant he was going to be back up front and 'amongst the goals'.

But not even in the squad....

Keith_M
13-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Not even in the squad today ffs.

So he comes and and rescues a point for them two weeks ago and his reward is to be dropped?

What happened to Delia saying he was needed at Darkheid and wouldn't be going anywhere?

The_Exile
13-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Chances of him being in our squad for todays game? One can dream!

GreenLake
13-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Chances of him being in our squad for todays game? One can dream!

Could be Pat Stanton's birthday surprise. :wink:

Betty Boop
13-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Are Celtic letting him fo for free like ?

SanFranHibs
13-09-2014, 12:08 PM
So he comes and and rescues a point for them two weeks ago and his reward is to be dropped?

What happened to Delia saying he was needed at Darkheid and wouldn't be going anywhere?

And he also said he was the best finishers he had ever seen (or one of the best).

Maybe RD was misquoted and he really said he is finished if he can see to it!

Col2
13-09-2014, 12:10 PM
In my mind he us almost certain to go in Jan window, on loan or perm.

This thread may need to stay open for a while:cb:cb

GreenLake
13-09-2014, 12:15 PM
SL over here refers to the Savings and Loan Crisis. :greengrin

oneone73
13-09-2014, 12:38 PM
SL over here refers to the Savings and Loan Crisis. :greengrin

Are you casting Sparky as George Bailey?

GreenLake
13-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Are you casting Sparky as George Bailey?

I was thinking more of the 1980's and 1990's so perhaps he would be a part of the Keating Five frontline. :greengrin

SaulGoodman
13-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Nae Griffiths starting. But we've got Heffernan so it's fine.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Turned up late to watch todays game :agree:

SaulGoodman
13-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Turned up late to watch todays game :agree:

Serious? :hyper:

Kato
13-09-2014, 05:02 PM
We Love you, Sparky.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 05:08 PM

Yep. Knew that would excite you lol :greengrin

The Green Goblin
13-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Did anyone talk to him? Ask him if he was coming back?

Tom Hart RIP
13-09-2014, 07:11 PM

Turned up at half time. One of the Cowdenbeath players who was in plaster knew him and gave him a wave. LG then went over for a chat and spent 5-10 mins chatting to him before going to sit with Alex Harris and some of the youngsters.
Good to see that moving to Celtic hasn't turned him into a big time Charlie.

Ronniekirk
13-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Turned up at half time. One of the Cowdenbeath players who was in plaster knew him and gave him a wave. LG then went over for a chat and spent 5-10 mins chatting to him before going to sit with Alex Harris and some of the youngsters.
He is a Hibby Through and Through good to see he can't be kept away from games by his club

Tom Hart RIP
13-09-2014, 08:12 PM

Heisenberg
14-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Kenny Millar has an article in the sun saying we are considering an emergency loan offer for Sparky...

Col2
14-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Kenny Millar has an article in the sun saying we are considering an emergency loan offer for Sparky...

@scotsunsport: Hibernian could yet make another bid for frozen-out Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths http://t.co/YkWnaI2kTG http://t.co/2HNm7CiMQc

SteveHFC
14-09-2014, 12:34 AM

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/whodat1234/smilies/28j9quu.gifhttp://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/whodat1234/smilies/28j9quu.gifhttp://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/whodat1234/smilies/28j9quu.gifhttp://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/whodat1234/smilies/28j9quu.gif

Billychaotic182
14-09-2014, 12:36 AM
And there off

SteveHFC
14-09-2014, 12:37 AM
And there off

Griffiths
Malonga
El Alagui
Sinclair
Cummings
Heffernan

Upfront

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

HoboHarry
14-09-2014, 12:37 AM
And there off
The wifes knickers will be if LG comes back.....

Billychaotic182
14-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Griffiths
Malonga
El Alagui
Sinclair
Cummings
Heffernan

Upfront

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

The sinister six

SteveHFC
14-09-2014, 12:38 AM

:faf::faf:

Nevi_SOL
14-09-2014, 12:40 AM
@scotsunsport: Hibernian could yet make another bid for frozen-out Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths http://t.co/YkWnaI2kTG http://t.co/2HNm7CiMQc

I literally just got told this of one of his mates about an hour ago

disclaimer: not in the know just passing on what I have been told.

SteveHFC
14-09-2014, 12:50 AM
I might be getting carried away but if Leigh signs this week and it's a yes vote.

I will seriously consider cycling naked throughout Edinburgh if these happen. :wink:

djs69
14-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Oh no here we go again

Hibeesmad
14-09-2014, 12:59 AM
The dream is still alive

ScottB
14-09-2014, 01:03 AM
How can we make an 'emergency' loan bid for a striker when we've got several? I thought emergency loans were only allowed if you had a dangerous shortage in a position? Granted one or two of ours are useless, but I don't think that counts...

scoopyboy
14-09-2014, 02:04 AM
How can we make an 'emergency' loan bid for a striker when we've got several? I thought emergency loans were only allowed if you had a dangerous shortage in a position? Granted one or two of ours are useless, but I don't think that counts...

I thought you could only get one player on loan from a club and we already have Dylan McGeouch.

This plus your point makes me think this just isn't on.

God how I'd love to be wrong on this.

pedroorange1875
14-09-2014, 02:16 AM
I thought it was 1 loan from another club if we were in the premiership, but we can take 2 from outside our own division

HoboHarry
14-09-2014, 02:17 AM
I thought you could only get one player on loan from a club and we already have Dylan McGeouch.

This plus your point makes me think this just isn't on.

God how I'd love to be wrong on this.
Bloody spoilsport....

Hibeesmad
14-09-2014, 03:50 AM
At its meeting yesterday (Monday 13 January), the SPFL Board agreed that the SPFL’s Temporary Transfer Regulations should be adjusted.

It will now be permitted for an SPFL club to lend a maximum of two players to another SPFL club, so long as the receiving club plays in a different division (higher or lower division).

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-adjust-loan-rules/#AdTiQ5gyg73ZZ8Q6.99

😏😏😏

Hibeesmad
14-09-2014, 03:53 AM
Emergency loans: these loans are only available to clubs in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 not to Premiership clubs and are for a minimum period of 28 days and maximum period of 93 days. The same restrictions as outlined in Standard loans apply. Furthermore no club can bring in any player after 31 March except in emergency circumstances and any such registration requires the specific approval of the SPFL Board.

😏😏😏

scoopyboy
14-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Emergency loans: these loans are only available to clubs in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 not to Premiership clubs and are for a minimum period of 28 days and maximum period of 93 days. The same restrictions as outlined in Standard loans apply. Furthermore no club can bring in any player after 31 March except in emergency circumstances and any such registration requires the specific approval of the SPFL Board.



Well researched. With your last two posts it would appear it could happen.

Definition of emergency might be the only stumbling block now.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-09-2014, 06:49 AM

That's what I was wondering

Don't think a combination of Celtic are killing his career and we need him will cut it with the SPFL

Theinsider
14-09-2014, 07:34 AM

And right here is your reason for the emergency. To ensure Mr HH gets his Nat King.:agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
14-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Awww man, am at the tickly bit already......

malagahibby
14-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Cowdenbeath signed a centre half from Celtic on loan on Friday so it can be done.
different rules apply to this league.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2014, 08:14 AM
What has changed at Celtic since deadline day when they weren't prepared to let him go out on loan.........................anything, or is this just more speculative wishful thinking?

YehButNoBut
14-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Love this to happen

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10670001_10152726978712363_3784858185758327066_n.j pg?oh=108e664369085a37f18e2c3c5e65eccb&oe=5492B9E1&__gda__=1419449335_5aa4c7cb4e951a77b353a8072c3d175 2

MSK
What has changed at Celtic since deadline day when they weren't prepared to let him go out on loan.........................anything, or is this just more speculative wishful thinking?Guideti from Man City coming in ..?..

CallumLaidlaw
What has changed at Celtic since deadline day when they weren't prepared to let him go out on loan.........................anything, or is this just more speculative wishful thinking?

The 2 strikers they signed I suppose. It was the Skepcovic (sp) signing falling apart on the Saturday that blocked us getting Griffiths apparently

we are hibs
14-09-2014, 08:19 AM

Theyve signed 2 strikers.

Keith_M
Love this to happen

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10670001_10152726978712363_3784858185758327066_n.j pg?oh=108e664369085a37f18e2c3c5e65eccb&oe=5492B9E1&__gda__=1419449335_5aa4c7cb4e951a77b353a8072c3d175 2

Is that real or a Photoshop effort?

Hermit Crab

All based on a tweet which has since been deleted which can be found on this thread. Post 1304. I says massive chance of coming home now or something like that. Not to mention he was dropped from the squad completely yesterday and was at Easter rd watching the game.

The tweet could mean that he knew he was dropped and was coming to watch hibs yesterday and was just being a bit naughty using the coming home reference. :greengrin

InterviewLoI
14-09-2014, 08:20 AM

They have that Serbian fella who said he wouldn't sign.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Theyve signed 2 strikers.

Did they sign them too late to allow Griffiths to move at the time then? :confused:

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 08:21 AM

Looks good to me.

we are hibs
14-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Did they sign them too late to allow Griffiths to move at the time then? :confused:

Probably. They didn't sign that boy on loan from city until after the window shut and the other boy changed his mind at the last minute to sign for Celtic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YehButNoBut
14-09-2014, 08:26 AM

Kenny Miller story from the Sun website

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Probably. They didn't sign that boy on loan from city until after the window shut and the other boy changed his mind at the last minute to sign for Celtic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:aok: Cheers.

Ronniekirk
14-09-2014, 08:39 AM

I suppose the fact Hefferman can't score for us in some folks view is even worse than an emergency but we have four strikers on our books in first team squad so would imagine it would a non starter for us .If we hadn't won yesterday and gone bottom of the Championship now that would of been a Crisis but not an Emergency .
So someone needs to explain how we could bend the rules to make this fit

Keith_M
14-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Kenny Miller story from the Sun website

Cheers.

greenginger
14-09-2014, 09:07 AM
How about Cummings is too young, liability of burn-out, one striker with long term injury, Heff needs to get injured and then we are down to one stiker.

Sorry Heff, you are going to have to take one for the team. :greengrin

sleeping giant
14-09-2014, 09:07 AM
I suppose the fact Hefferman can't score for us in some folks view is even worse than an emergency but we have four strikers on our books in first team squad so would imagine it would a non starter for us .If we hadn't won yesterday and gone bottom of the Championship now that would of been a Crisis but not an Emergency .
So someone needs to explain how we could bend the rules to make this fit
Did Hearts not sign a keeper on emergency loan even though they had 3 ?

Jim44
14-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Celtic's glut of strikers probably makes a loan move for Griffiths almost certain. I reckon we don't remotely qualify as a receiving club so he'll likely end up in an English Championship club or a Scottish Premiership club ( whichever can make an 'emergency' case ) with the usual Celtic conditions.l

Theinsider
14-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Celtic's glut of strikers probably makes a loan move for Griffiths almost certain. I reckon we don't remotely qualify as a receiving club so he'll likely end up in an English Championship club or a Scottish Premiership club ( whichever can make an 'emergency' case ) with the usual Celtic conditions.l

I thought he couldn't go the the SPL? Due to regulations. I may be wrong though. It seems it is just a simple case of providing a reason as and "Emergency" and he can come to us?

southsider
14-09-2014, 09:19 AM
I thought he couldn't go the the SPL? Due to regulations. I may be wrong though. It seems it is just a simple case of providing a reason as and "Emergency" and he can come to us?
Hibs : Can we get Griffiths on emergency loan ? SFA : How is it an emergency ? Hibs : We are sh*te SFA : Aye, ok

Jim44
14-09-2014, 09:19 AM

You're right. I overlooked the rule about the SPL. English Championship it is then, or else he could be playing against us. Maybe Griffiths could persuade Celtic to make a condition that he can't play against us. :-)

Theinsider
14-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Hibs : Can we get Griffiths on emergency loan ? SFA : How is it an emergency ? Hibs : We are sh*te SFA : Aye, ok

You're right. I overlooked the rule about the SPL. English Championship it is then, or else he could be playing against us. Maybe Griffiths could persuade Celtic to make a condition that he can't play against us. :-)

Leigh will only go to with whom he wants to play.

mentalhibee
14-09-2014, 09:34 AM

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Please be true!

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-09-2014, 09:35 AM

Can't see Leigh going to the English championship on an 'emergency loan'. He will either come to us or hang tight until January and move somewhere(hopefully us)

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Hello 200 guests. Are you're erchies knitting buttons yet?? :tee hee:

Winston Ingram
14-09-2014, 09:39 AM
How about Cummings is too young, liability of burn-out, one striker with long term injury, Heff needs to get injured and then we are down to one stiker.

Sorry Heff, you are going to have to take one for the team. :greengrin

We could break a limb just like they did to that keeper in Escape to Victory:greengrin :duck:

portycabbage
14-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Hello 200 guests. Are you're erchies knitting buttons yet?? :tee hee:

Leaving aside my questions about how a button can be made from wool, just logged on to state that if griffiths signs, my erchie will have a go at knitting any garment you like.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Leaving aside my questions about how a button can be made from wool, just logged on to state that if griffiths signs, my erchie will have a go at knitting any garment you like.:greengrin

Billy Whizz
14-09-2014, 10:24 AM
If its 93 days max loan, we need to leave this until late this month, so he can play against Rangers on the 27rh December😄

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 10:43 AM

:tee hee:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Not gettig my hopes up.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Not gettig my hopes up.

Get on to one of your many sources and ask the question.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-09-2014, 11:58 AM

Naw.

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 12:00 PM

:tee hee:

DH1875
14-09-2014, 12:02 PM
The SFA will block any move we make here as its not seen as an emergency and they'll do everything in their powers to make sure that the rangers win promotion back to the spl.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 12:07 PM
The SFA will block any move we make here as its not seen as an emergency and they'll do everything in their powers to make sure that the rangers win promotion back to the spl.

Sorry but I don't buy into that. After all they allowed Cowdenbeath to sign a Celtic player on an emergency loan on Friday. Not saying Cowdenbeath will stop rangers coming up but they did allow a loan deal to go through on an emergency basis. What's good for the goose and all that.

CallumLaidlaw
14-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Sorry but I don't buy into that. After all they allowed Cowdenbeath to sign a Celtic player on an emergency loan on Friday. Not saying Cowdenbeath will stop rangers coming up but they did allow a loan deal to go through on an emergency basis. What's good for the goose and all that.

Depends. Do Cowden have any other fit centre halves? We have about 5 recognised strikers

Titch
14-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Are we not only allowed 4 loans?
If so mcgeouch,Sinclair,oxley & Kennedy

Heisenberg
14-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Cowden had a couple of central defenders out injured I think.

ryanthehibby
14-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Once again we get all excited over false hope and then get angry and upset when he doesn't come.. Can we stop doing this to ourselves?

greenginger
14-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Are we not only allowed 4 loans?
If so mcgeouch,Sinclair,oxley & Kennedy

Sinclair, Oxley and Kennedy don't count in the quota as they are loans that require international clearance ( SPFL rule 86 )

We can only have one over 21 loanee at a time. McGeough is stiil considered under 21 by about 14 days.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Cowden had a couple of central defenders out injured I think.

Heff is better injured. Like being a man down. Handling is not a striker and malonga looks like he is not a target man but likes the ball to feet to turn and run at defenders. I think we could justify the emergency loan. Rangers and Celtic have manipulated the system for years, it's about time we used it to our advantage.

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 12:36 PM
It wont happen as its not an emergency is it.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Once again we get all excited over false hope and then get angry and upset when he doesn't come.. Can we stop doing this to ourselves?

Go and read today's super goals in the sun (front page) and then come back and tell people not to get excited.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 12:38 PM

Aye it is. We need goals. :greengrin

cleanyman
Go and read today's super goals in the sun (front page) and then come back and tell people not to get excited.

I'm not excited.

ryanthehibby

Ah, the sun.. The pinnacle of well informed sports journalism..

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 12:39 PM

Very true :greengrin

Nae ITK folk hearing anyhing :dunno:

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 12:40 PM

It gives people hope. Nobody's asking you to believe it. Just don't have a go at folk that choose to believe it.

Billy Whizz
14-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Depends. Do Cowden have any other fit centre halves? We have about 5 recognised strikers

They do, the lad they signed played, and the normal defender was on the bench

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 12:41 PM

It sort of ties in what I heard last week that I posted on the pm board at the time and was kinda shot down. Where's scoops when you him!!

ryanthehibby
14-09-2014, 12:42 PM
It gives people hope. Nobody's asking you to believe it. Just don't have a go at folk that choose to believe it.

I'm not against people believing it.. I'm against people believing the rumour every month for the last god knows how long after these nuggets of false hope build our excitement.. There comes a time when we need to stand back and realise he's not coming and we need to move on and focus on the players we have

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm not against people believing it.. I'm against people believing the rumour every month for the last god knows how long after these nuggets of false hope build our excitement.. There comes a time when we need to stand back and realise he's not coming and we need to move on and focus on the players we have

i think the problem we have at the moment is that some of the players we have are still not good enough and LG would vastly improve that team. He would also add a few thousand to the crowds each week. I for am hoping he comes back at some point this season.

InterviewLoI
14-09-2014, 12:51 PM

We scored 3 yesterday

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 01:01 PM
We scored 3 yesterday

1 less than the other team last week.

Scooter
14-09-2014, 01:03 PM

Kenny is actually a sound guy and actually supports hibs.
Ooo I used actually twice haha 3 times now

matty_f
14-09-2014, 01:03 PM
We scored 3 yesterday

3 in the last home game as well, iirc?

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Ah, the sun.. The pinnacle of well informed sports journalism.. Kenny Millar is frequently spot on with his Hibs info (I believe he's actually a Hibs supporter), don't let the fact it's printed in The Sun colour your judgement.

Doesn't have to be an 'emergency' until after the 31st of March.

This would and should be treated the same as any other loan request but would be limited to 93 days.

GreenLake
14-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Kenny Millar is frequently spot on with his Hibs info (I believe he's actually a Hibs supporter), don't let the fact it's printed in The Sun colour your judgement.

Doesn't have to be an 'emergency' until after the 31st of March.

This would and should be treated the same as any other loan request but would be limited to 93 days.

That gets us almost to the January signing window and then the move can be permanent.

greenginger
14-09-2014, 02:03 PM
If there is anything in this emergency loan business , we better make some adjustments to our official web-site.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/team/first

Seven strikers ?:confused: Better re-class 6 of them as attacking mid-fielders. :greengrin

andy1875
14-09-2014, 02:13 PM
It would be interesting to know what the criteria is for an "emergency loan" signing.

All players in that position currently at the club injured for 1 week, 2 weeks, a month?

50% of the players injured/suspended?

It really must be on a case by case basis surely. And others have said, we already have 5 strikers currently available to play.

Unless we happen to have 3 or 4 injured in training in this week :greengrin

The whole process seems to be a tad open to abuse.

If its able to happen though Hibs, get it done!!

Billy Whizz
14-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Wonder if St Johnstone can take Heff on loan due to the injury to their Striker, think they were interested in him in the summer

hibbypostie
14-09-2014, 02:43 PM
in England the leagues below the premiership can still loan players after the window closes why is that? maybe there is a similar rule up here

Bronson
14-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Could we argue that Sinclair is a winger? That would leave us with Malonga, Cummings and Heff up top with El Alagui out long term. Case to be made as we could argue we're having to rely on youth players (i.e. Cummings) to fill the void. Playing with the truth to an extent but I think we could make a valid argument.

J-C
14-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Could we argue that Sinclair is a winger? That would leave us with Malonga, Cummings and Heff up top with El Alagui out long term. Case to be made as we could argue we're having to rely on youth players (i.e. Cummings) to fill the void. Playing with the truth to an extent but I think we could make a valid argument.

Mentioned this before, Sinclair is an attacking wide man and makeshift striker, if Stubbs wants to play 2 or 3 up top, we're a man short.

SanFranHibs
14-09-2014, 03:21 PM

Don't shoot this messenger but talking to a Celtic fan here and without me even mentioning it he told me Stubbs was 'in contact' and it was happening. Probably nonsense but I'm a believer ;)

portycabbage
14-09-2014, 03:44 PM

I'm not sure it has to be an emergency to get an "emergency" loan - I think that's more if it's after 31st of March it has to be an emergency. (see paragraph halfway down - http://pfascotland.co.uk/2014/news/transfer-window-information-for-players/)

Also QPR signed Ravel Morrison on an "emergency loan" but it's hard to imagine they were struggling to field a team whilst winning promotion last season. http://www.worldfootball.net/news/_n1007334_/football-morrison-makes-emergency-qpr-move/

I think Griffiths could only go on emergency loan to another Scottish club, which appears to be the rule for these type of loans in both Scotland and England. (see paragraphs 6 and 7 http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/268525-hutton-and-flecks-sheffield-united-move-falls-through/

we are hibs
14-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Cummings and Sinclair could both feature for the u20s so we could put a case forward that they are inexperienced. That'd leave us with heffernan and malonga. Get rid of heff and that's us down to 1 unfit striker in Malonga with El alagui out of the game for months.

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 03:55 PM

:lolyam:

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 04:06 PM
I think this is happening.

HoboHarry
14-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Based on something you know?

muthillhibee
14-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Is this the day that the inmates take over the asylum and get internet access?

An emergency loan is a 93 day loan and is so called as it helps teams out of a predicament in an emergency. There is no criteria as to that it has to be an emergency.

Perhaps we should phone the SPFL and tell them that the only emergency here is the loony bin fans that seem to reckon they know the rules better than the Hibs coaching staff and Football Admin team.

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 04:18 PM
This thread reeks of Yam.

portycabbage
14-09-2014, 04:47 PM

An emergency loan is a 93 day loan and is so called as it helps teams out of a predicament in an emergency. There is no criteria as to that it has to be an emergency.

Perhaps we should phone the SPFL and tell them that the only emergency here is the loony bin fans that seem to reckon they know the rules better than the Hibs coaching staff and Football Admin team.

There are plenty of examples of "emergency loans" where there is no danger of a selection crisis -

"While they can’t exchange any money to secure a permanent transfer, they can improve their squads with as many emergency loan moves as they like. Ostensibly, they are to cover injuries or suspensions - hence the use of the word 'emergency' - but they are increasingly used strategically by cash-strapped clubs to try and turn their seasons around."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274879/Football-League-loan-window-explained.html#ixzz3DJAP6n65
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

Might be referring to England, but outside of the Premiership (Scottish or English), these deals seem pretty common. If, for instance, you're in admin, or it's after 31st March, then it's supposed to actually be an emergency (like not having a goalie on the books). But neither of those apply here. It doesn't have to be 93 days - that's the maximum (min 28 days). And when you say "there is no criteria as to that it has to be an emergency" you appear to be right, even though you must have meant the opposite. I can see why anyone would assume that it has to be an emergency, given the name, but in practice it seems not.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-09-2014, 04:52 PM

Hope you're right :agree:

Keith_M
14-09-2014, 04:57 PM

Surely not, you haven't posted all THAT much.

:wink:

Haymaker
14-09-2014, 05:20 PM

The_Exile
14-09-2014, 05:22 PM

100%.

Billychaotic182
14-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Soon.............soon.........

SaulGoodman
14-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Why are you getting so worked up over it?

Waxy
14-09-2014, 05:52 PM
I wonder where this Griffiths story has come from? The weeg press to distract us from a positive result yesterday?
We have Cummings Malonga and Farid will come back sooner rather than later.This trio will fire us to the playoffs.
If we do somehow get Leigh then :hyper:.
Till it's sealed i'd rather we concentrated on our current strikers.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Based on something you know?

Based on the info I posted on the pm board about a week ago it ties in with info I received.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Indeed.

Agree. There's a smell of yam on here.

Hope you're right :agree:

So do I.

Indeed again.

Haymaker
14-09-2014, 07:01 PM
This

100%

SouthMoroccoStu
14-09-2014, 07:15 PM
100%

You forgot :hyper:

Haymaker
14-09-2014, 07:20 PM
You forgot :hyper:

Technically, if you can see my signature I didn't forget it :wink:

OsloHibs
14-09-2014, 07:56 PM
I gotta laugh at Heff being described as a striker :faf:

PatHead
14-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Think he is coming

Haymaker
14-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Think he is coming

hibees 7062
14-09-2014, 08:10 PM
I gotta laugh at Heff being described as a striker :faf:

Stinker , they spelt it wrong :greengrin

southsider
14-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Think he is coming
Well the AGM is forthcoming and my call for Petrie to step down has caused the board to panic. lol

hibees 7062
14-09-2014, 08:15 PM

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnqv3ngMTe1qbjuvdo1_500.gif :hyper:

Sammy7nil
14-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Sunday sun never lies :wink: see u soon Leigh

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Think he is coming

Got info? Pm board? :wink:

Peevemor
14-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Think he is coming

Ooh, me too baby!

HoboHarry
14-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Think he is coming
We all will be......

OsloHibs
14-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Another sleepless night over Sparky :grr: Because he's worth it :hyper:

Jonnyboy
14-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Think he is coming

Aw naw, no another bairn :wink:

Ronniekirk
14-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Aw naw, no another bairn :wink:
He certainly is Prolific and he is certainly doing his bit at grass roots level to create more Hibs Kids :dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

HoboHarry
14-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Scotsman reporting on the matter

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/leigh-griffiths-linked-with-loan-return-to-hibs-1-3541668

Haymaker
15-09-2014, 01:10 AM
:hyper: he is coming home!

AgentDaleCooper
15-09-2014, 01:19 AM
Got info? Pm board? :wink:

someone say PM? can i have one?

AgentDaleCooper
15-09-2014, 01:22 AM
Scotsman reporting on the matter

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/leigh-griffiths-linked-with-loan-return-to-hibs-1-3541668

holy flerking schnit, this might actually be on!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:: hyper::hyper::hyper:

HoboHarry
15-09-2014, 01:24 AM
holy flerking schnit, this might actually be on!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:: hyper::hyper::hyper:
I falcon well hope so......

Gerard
15-09-2014, 01:39 AM
I falcon well hope so......

Let's hope that LG will soon be home at Hibs:wink:

HoboHarry
15-09-2014, 01:44 AM
Let's hope that LG will soon be home at Hibs:wink:
It's clear that Leigh and Hibs are going to be a life-long affair. We need to make up a load of nonsense and lies to scare off other clubs and leave him all to us..... :greengrin

hibbypostie
15-09-2014, 02:27 AM
David Cameron just said if Hibs fans vote yes we wont get Leigh :wink:

Keith_M
15-09-2014, 06:10 AM
David Cameron just said if Hibs fans vote yes we wont get Leigh :wink:

The guy at Deutsche Bank said we couldn't afford him and, if we do sign him, it would bring down the whole world economy.

hibbymac
15-09-2014, 06:29 AM
Scotsman article - "Hibs currently only have one striker – Farid El Alagui – out injured so could hardly claim to be in a dire personnel crisis."

Our official site has us with 7 strikers. I don't understand what the "emergency" bit is. ( apart from us being crap :duck: )

PeterboroHibee
15-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Scotsman article - "Hibs currently only have one striker – Farid El Alagui – out injured so could hardly claim to be in a dire personnel crisis."

Our official site has us with 7 strikers. I don't understand what the "emergency" bit is. ( apart from us being crap :duck: )

If this is genuine (or even if we do sign him), it obviously isnt an emergency. Even if you take Lewis Allen out of it as he is probably just on the fringes, and with El Alagui's injury, that still leaves us with 5 players who are listed on the official website as strikers...

You could probably argue we are more in need of an 'emergency loan' signing at CM.

LancsHibs
15-09-2014, 06:45 AM
If this is genuine (or even if we do sign him), it obviously isnt an emergency. Even if you take Lewis Allen out of it as he is probably just on the fringes, and with El Alagui's injury, that still leaves us with 5 players who are listed on the official website as strikers...

You could probably argue we are more in need of an 'emergency loan' signing at CM.

Wisht:shhhsh!:Someone from the SFA might be looking in!

mjhibby
15-09-2014, 06:49 AM
I've heard it's Collins who is stopping this happening. If he is not quoted then surely they need to let him get games elsewhere and as we aren't in the same league and he feels at home here seems a no brainier all round. If he isnt even in the squad maybe gordom strachan can make them see sense so he is match fit fir scotland.

Forza Fred
15-09-2014, 06:56 AM

If the Huns or the Hertz got a striker under such circumstances as an "emergency" we'd be going radge.

Can't see it happening:fuming:

Hibby70
15-09-2014, 07:03 AM
There doesn't have to be an "emergency" well not before 31 March

Theinsider
15-09-2014, 07:08 AM
There doesn't have to be an "emergency" well not before 31 March

Exactly, We can take him on an up to 93 day loan. No requirement to be classified as an "Emergency".
Then sign him in Jan.....................:thumbsup:
Come home Leigh :flag::flag::flag:

Ronniekirk
15-09-2014, 07:08 AM
If the Huns or the Hertz got a striker under such circumstances as an "emergency" we'd be going radge.

But under this new liberal interpretation of the word emergency there is nothing to stop them doing something similar ,but tend to agree it seems to be stretching things and seems too good to be true . After the calamity of the second goal we would have more of a case to sign o dea as Hanlon has been injury prone and we genuinely wouldn't have a lot of options if this happened .

Jim44
15-09-2014, 07:20 AM

Too bad if they 'go radge' , stuff them. We've been 'going radge' for 18 months at the Jambo situation and see where it has got us and more to the point see where it has got them. If we benefit from a loophole in the rules they can greet all they want, who cares?

CallumLaidlaw
15-09-2014, 07:31 AM
So if he signed on , say, Friday, he would be able to play in all games up to, and including the Raith game on 20th December.

Jim44
15-09-2014, 07:35 AM
So if he signed on , say, Friday, he would be able to play in all games up to, and including the Raith game on 20th December.

........ and when the window opens in January, we could negotiate a non-emergency loan for the rest of the season ( unless there is a rule preventing a second loan of the same player in one season).

Jack
15-09-2014, 07:36 AM
The emergency is that celtc have discovered Leigh isnae celtc mindit enough. If indeed there's any emergency clause needed by the SPFL that will be enough.

patch1875
15-09-2014, 07:57 AM
I sense a lot of disappointment again :rolleyes:

Mikey09
15-09-2014, 07:59 AM

Im sure dundee were no to happy with the yams stretching there self sufficient pish out till the season was done so they weren't relegated and Dundee were.... I also give you the farce that was the Danny Wilson signing whilst under a transfer embargo... As for The rangers they were hit with a transfer embargo yet allowed to sign whoever they wanted up to a certain date.... If this does happen then **** um.... **** the both of um!!!!! :thumbsup:

greenginger
15-09-2014, 08:01 AM

We play Rangers at E R on 27th Dec and Them on Jan. 3rd.

Billy Whizz
15-09-2014, 08:01 AM

You would has thought so, but leave it a week or two as I said earlier onnthe thread, need him against Rangers on 27th December at ER

Billy Whizz
15-09-2014, 08:02 AM

He'll be a permanent signing by the 3rd January

CallumLaidlaw
15-09-2014, 08:02 AM

Yeah I know. So he'd probably miss the rangers game then. I'm sure I read the loan wasn't allowed to go into January anyway, so we'd have to sort out a new deal for that

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Too bad if they 'go radge' , stuff them. We've been 'going radge' for 18 months at the Jambo situation and see where it has got us and more to the point see where it has got them. If we benefit from a loophole in the rules they can greet all they want, who cares?

Spot on Jim

jdships
15-09-2014, 08:16 AM
He'll be a permanent signing by the 3rd January

:agree:
Spoke , yesterday, with one of the ex Hibs players I know who has a part time job at ER
This was before the "Scotsman" article appeared and his word was
" Sparky is desperately unhappy at P/H and it " appears" Hibs are making efforts to get him back to ER in January window ."
" loan or permanenmt ? Don't really know , it was just the word going the rounds " upstairs " !! "

Could mean something /could mean nothing but thought it worth mentioning !!:greengrin

Diclonius
15-09-2014, 08:17 AM

Yeah, and the fact that we might actually be bending the rules for once is so ****ing sweet.

J-C
15-09-2014, 08:19 AM

Pretty sure Alagui and Heff are the only senior out and out strikers we have, Allan and Cummings are still in the development squad, Handling/Malonga and Sinclair are more attacking midfielders who can fill in as strikers. Danny has been used in the 10 slot, Sinclair plays off the wing and Malongs off the left, not true strikers but makeshift ones if needed.

chrisski33
15-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Havent we been here before with griffiths signing on loan only for it not to happen? Can see this rumbling on right through to january 31st.

scoopyboy
15-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Havent we been here before with griffiths signing on loan only for it not to happen? Can see this rumbling on right through to january 31st.

Not if it is sorted this week.

givescotlandfreedom
15-09-2014, 08:33 AM

The vile hearts cheerleader paper trying to get on the moral high ground. Good one!

scoopyboy
15-09-2014, 08:34 AM
If we were to be allowed to get Sparky do we do it right away or wait so the 93 day period covers the Rangers game?

scoopyboy
15-09-2014, 08:35 AM
I've heard it's Collins who is stopping this happening. If he is not quoted then surely they need to let him get games elsewhere and as we aren't in the same league and he feels at home here seems a no brainier all round.

Funny. I've heard the opposite. Collins wants Sparky out as he doesn't live his life the way JC does.

Hibs7
15-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Funny. I've heard the opposite. Collins wants Sparky out as he doesn't live his life the way JC does.

That sounds plausible. ...

flash
15-09-2014, 08:37 AM
If we were to be allowed to get Sparky do we do it right away or wait so the 93 day period covers the Rangers game?

As soon as humanly possible in case it goes tits up again!

Billy Whizz
15-09-2014, 08:38 AM

Sign him on the 27th, can play in both games against them