PDA

View Full Version : Football's lost souls (feat Tom Taiwo)

hibeemikey21
28-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Good article by the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28950665

TheReg!
28-08-2014, 08:42 AM
I'm surprised to see Tom in that list tbh, to me GOC would be at the top of it.

SanFranHibs
28-08-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm surprised to see Tom in that list tbh, to me GOC would be at the top of it.

But I suppose if you were upcoming with Chelsea and now find yourself in the Scottish Championship it is considered as lost as one can get :wink:

Fair play to him for playing on. Still only 24. If he can get paid for playing football and he enjoys it, it is a good place to be.

HappyAsHellas
28-08-2014, 09:14 AM
The thing is that the players featured have manged in their own way, to turn things round and accept where they are. I imagine many other players refused to talk to the reporters.

worcesterhibby
28-08-2014, 09:39 AM
seemingly he spent "two successful seasons north of the border at Hibernian" can anyone enlighten me as to what two seasons those were ?

Don't get me wrong, I like Tom and he wasn't one of our worst players..but surely 47 appearances, two goals, one bottom six finish and one relegation doesn't count as successful ?

BBC full of total crap as usual

J-C
28-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Thing is with someone like Taiwo as a 16 year old there are hundreds just like him, looking like very exciting prospects and either getting injured early on or simply levelling out and never making it at the top. Look at our own all conquering U19's a few years ago, winning everything that year and how many did we see progress to the 1st team.

emerald green
28-08-2014, 05:38 PM
seemingly he spent "two successful seasons north of the border at Hibernian" can anyone enlighten me as to what two seasons those were ?

Don't get me wrong, I like Tom and he wasn't one of our worst players..but surely 47 appearances, two goals, one bottom six finish and one relegation doesn't count as successful ?

Yep, I read that bit too and didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Very poor from the Beeb once again.

Eyrie
28-08-2014, 07:20 PM

An early contender for worst misprint of the season was my take on that.

marleyhib
28-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Good article by the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28950665

Interesting I thought too :-)

Taiwo, decent player in there somewhere, have a feeling he's on the way down not up tho. C'est la vie.

Danderhall Hibs
28-08-2014, 09:57 PM

Maybe the boy writing the story saw us give him a standing ovation on Saturday and put 2+2 together?

Centre Hawf
29-08-2014, 01:16 AM
Interesting I thought too :-)

Taiwo, decent player in there somewhere, have a feeling he's on the way down not up tho. C'est la vie.

I know it's just an opinion but I genuinely think Tom Taiwo will thrive at Falkirk and have a successful season there and make the step back up to Scottish Premiership soon. I would say he is "Too Good" for this division but I suppose he hasn't earned that label by being in and released from a relegated side. But nevertheless I think his ability will shine through at Falkirk.

Future17
29-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Gavin Heeroo has a funny head.