PDA

View Full Version : Mat Done Day

keep the faith
28-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Will be sign anyone on the last day of the transfer window this year? A McFadden/Griffiths style coupe? A couple of youngsters from Everton? I feel fairly confident there won't be any more panic buy journeyman signed half an hour before the window closes.

I hope that era and that type of thinking is over.

Thoughts?

Ronniekirk
28-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Will be sign anyone on the last day of the transfer window this year? A McFadden/Griffiths style coupe? A couple of youngsters from Everton? I feel fairly confident there won't be any more panic buy journeyman signed half an hour before the window closes.

I hope that era and that type of thinking is over.

Thoughts?
Agree that kind of mentality is long gone so any last day signings will be something he has been working on or a loan for young player who club only agree at last minute can go Have we got one big signing up our sleeve that's the million dollar question .we are all hoping the answer is yes but the signs are it's not going to be .heff and Tudor jones getting moved on are key and while some folk are optimistic O T J may go the word seems to be Heff is happy to sit tight despite. It looking like he doesn't fit into set up in two home games he has started.

Winston Ingram
28-08-2014, 08:34 AM
I think there is more chance that OTJ will go that Heff. Despite being rank rotten in both his starts,the fact he started alone suggests he's in Stubbs' plans

yankyhibby
28-08-2014, 09:14 AM
I can't help but feel that we are still 2 or 3 key players short of a squad that will realistically challenge at the top. Fingers crossed that Alan Stubbs brings in the additional new faces we need by the close of play. This said, I am impressed by the quality that Alan Stubbs has brought in so far. El Alagui, Gray, Kennedy and Allan will help us win more than we lose. Oxley looks a sound keeper, whilst Fontaine, hopefully, rediscovers his early Bristol City form and does the business at the back for us.

southern hibby
28-08-2014, 09:24 AM
I can't help but feel that we are still 2 or 3 key players short of a squad that will realistically challenge at the top. Fingers crossed that Alan Stubbs brings in the additional new faces we need by the close of play. This said, I am impressed by the quality that Alan Stubbs has brought in so far. El Alagui, Gray, Kennedy and Allan will help us win more than we lose. Oxley looks a sound keeper, whilst Fontaine, hopefully, rediscovers his early Bristol City form and does the business at the back for us.

Don't ask me why but I'm still undecided about Oxley. However I feel once he's had a few games under his belt then we'll see what he's like.

GGTTH

Deansy
28-08-2014, 12:52 PM
I doubt there'll be any more signing, but if there are, I don't think there'll be any 'big names' as they'll most likely be free. Sorry if I'm looking on the dark-side of things but I'm convinced RP is STILL pulling all the strings - LD might have arrived promising a better future but so far, I can't see any changes to the previous ways things have went at ER. Main one is, once again, as it has been for years, a close-season is almost over and, once again, it's glaringly obvious we are short of players that will help us do anything, let alone challenge for promotion. Meanwhile, once again, our closest rivals began getting players in at the earliest opportunity, giving these players time to settle in and bond with their new team-mates. 3 days of the transfer-window left and there's not even a sniff or a hint of further additions. Will 6 new-players (2 loanees) be enough to change a team that got relegated into a team capable of winning a league ???? ..........

West hamBERNIAN
28-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Is deadline on Monday night and is it England and Scotland on Monday?

Gatecrasher
28-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Don't ask me why but I'm still undecided about Oxley. However I feel once he's had a few games under his belt then we'll see what he's like.

GGTTH
I think Oxley is just fine for the level we are playing at, the defence needs to do a bit better though.

tamig
28-08-2014, 01:39 PM

GGTTH

Me too. He seems to have a habit of parrying the ball straight back out to the danger area rather than pushing it away to the side. He got lucky with a few of those against Falkirk. He's good with the ball at his feet though. It's still early days though.

sesoim
28-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Oxley isn't a long term solution, I think we'll sign a permanant keeper in January.

I'd have offloaded T-J, Heff, Craig, Robertson and Handling if I could, but I know we can only do so much at at time when they are under contract (the new Handling contract still shocks me). A CF and a RW who can also score a few goals would really help us, and maybe a versatile defensive player to cover at the back/defensive midfield.

SteveHFC
28-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Gifs at the ready :thumbsup:

andrew70
28-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Oxley isn't a long term solution, I think we'll sign a permanant keeper in January.

I'd have offloaded T-J, Heff, Craig, Robertson and Handling if I could, but I know we can only do so much at at time when they are under contract (the new Handling contract still shocks me). A CF and a RW who can also score a few goals would really help us, and maybe a versatile defensive player to cover at the back/defensive midfield.

Seriously? Two of our better players and you would be happy just to offload them. Thankfully Danny has signed a new long term deal and will get the chance to fulfill his potential with Hibernian. Scott is a brilliant player who has a lot to offer. I do feel that he needs a stronger midfield partner than Craig though before we see the best of Robbo.

Think we need a CF, a DM and a RB as back up to Gray.

Hibstrooper
28-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Gifs at the ready :thumbsup:

Extra budget for mobile phone data usage to view threads with said gifs ring fenced :wink:

sahib
28-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Agree that kind of mentality is long gone so any last day signings will be something he has been working on or a loan for young player who club only agree at last minute can go Have we got one big signing up our sleeve that's the million dollar question .we are all hoping the answer is yes but the signs are it's not going to be .heff and Tudor jones getting moved on are key and while some folk are optimistic O T J may go the word seems to be Heff is happy to sit tight despite. It looking like he doesn't fit into set up in two home games he has started.

They can only sign who is available, whatever the mentality.

keep the faith
31-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Mmmm! With the Sparky deal looking unlikely - no chance Celtic with loan out a guy who scored and put in a good performance the day before and McFadden not coming, I get that horrible mat done feeling again about tomorrow.
Come on hibs - pull it out the bag tomorrow. Make us want to come back to ER!!!