PDA

View Full Version : Hibs iPhone App

mutley
27-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Hi All,
Does anyone else here have/use the official iPhone App? I have used it for a while, but it hasn't been updated since the new squad numbers were released.

I think it may have stopped updating when the new website went live (maybe it was linked to the old website?

Anyone now any of the tech guys at the club or knows what is happening with it?

Boyle89
27-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Yes! It's weird. It has the hearts result down but not the livi or Falkirk game. Doesn't seem to have been updated and I think your right with it being linked to the old site. No idea how we go about sorting it though.

sbell1875
27-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Same problem on mine yet I'm still being charged the monthly subscription fee by the Apple App Store.

lord bunberry
27-08-2014, 11:02 PM
You can use the normal hibs tv on the iPad now, the app is garbage I binned it as soon as the new website was launched.

Boyle89
27-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Same problem on mine yet I'm still being charged the monthly subscription fee by the Apple App Store.

Me too. For a broken app it seems.

The Green Goblin
28-08-2014, 12:56 AM
A while back, you got free radio commentary on all games with the app, but that hasn't been the case for a while now. I think you can get it, but it's an in app purchase. Until recently, I still used the app because it was the fastest way to check the live scores. Last week, there was no drop down option for the SPFL Championship, so I basically couldn't see the Hibs score on the Hibs official app. Last night, the games were there, but there were no scores showing for the Hibs game or any other cup game.

Bottom line: subscribe to Hibs TV. It's starting to look fantastic, you get live audio commentary inside uk, HQ video streams outside uk, exclusive interviews and your money goes to the club.

Sedgeburn
28-08-2014, 05:59 AM
I bought the App at the start of this month, specifically for the audio commentary. Like you, if found that it didn't update after the squad numbers were published. It transpires that the club have parted company with the service provider, who no longer support the App. I have contacted Apple, who were very efficient and gave me a full refund. Incidentally, I also contacted the club via the club contact portal on the webiste (twice). Sadly, the club haven't had the courtesy to even acknowledge my communications.

Boyle89
28-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Aw :(. I used to like listening to the games on the app when I was at work. Shame as it was a nice wee app.

The Green Goblin
28-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Aw :(. I used to like listening to the games on the app when I was at work. Shame as it was a nice wee app.

Me too. A couple of weeks back, I suggested that Hibs TV get their own app, and I was promised that that idea would be passed on.

mutley
28-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Hmmm guess there isn't much point keeping it, but I will until hibs get another one. Hibs TV app would be excellent

Green Cabbage 7
28-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Hi All,
Does anyone else here have/use the official iPhone App? I have used it for a while, but it hasn't been updated since the new squad numbers were released.

I think it may have stopped updating when the new website went live (maybe it was linked to the old website?

Anyone now any of the tech guys at the club or knows what is happening with it?

I had the app, emailed the the support, and received an email a day later, sayin hibs stopped dealing with them, deleted the app!

Green Cabbage 7
28-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Hmmm guess there isn't much point keeping it, but I will until hibs get another one. Hibs TV app would be excellent

Don't think they will as it stated the new website was designed for all platforms and gadgets

TamHibs
28-08-2014, 05:32 PM
I heard Hibs had parted ways with the company who maintained the app. However there is apparently a new app in the works.

Sedgeburn
28-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Whilst i can understand the club's decision to modernise the Hibs TV service,, the really disappointing bit is that the club didn't think it necessary to tell it's loyal fans, many of whom continue to pay for a service that no longer exists. Not exactly the 'improved communications' that we were promised. Very poorly handled indeed.

sbell1875
28-08-2014, 07:17 PM
I bought the App at the start of this month, specifically for the audio commentary. Like you, if found that it didn't update after the squad numbers were published. It transpires that the club have parted company with the service provider, who no longer support the App. I have contacted Apple, who were very efficient and gave me a full refund. Incidentally, I also contacted the club via the club contact portal on the webiste (twice). Sadly, the club haven't had the courtesy to even acknowledge my communications.

Out of interest, how did you contact Apple? I feel I'll need to do the same.

Sedgeburn
28-08-2014, 07:32 PM
​I found this on the service provider's webiste:

How do i get a refund of my App charge?
Unfortunately we are unable to process your refund for your purchase iPhone App, in order to obtain your refund we will need to direct you to Apple via your iTunes store.

Once you are at your iTunes home page please sign in using your username and password and then go to 'Recent Purchases' and 'Request a Refund'.

i received a reply within 24 hours, telling me that they would investigate. They got back to me the following day and told me that, having investigated, they'd refund both the cost of the App and the in App audio subscription.

sbell1875
28-08-2014, 08:17 PM
​I found this on the service provider's webiste:

How do i get a refund of my App charge?
Unfortunately we are unable to process your refund for your purchase iPhone App, in order to obtain your refund we will need to direct you to Apple via your iTunes store.

Once you are at your iTunes home page please sign in using your username and password and then go to 'Recent Purchases' and 'Request a Refund'.

i received a reply within 24 hours, telling me that they would investigate. They got back to me the following day and told me that, having investigated, they'd refund both the cost of the App and the in App audio subscription.

Excellent buddy, thanks very much.