View Full Version : Malmo into group stages...

27-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Now even less surprised we got absolutely horsed by them! Just to put it into additional perspective that people shouldn't have been too surprised last season (however 7 was a bit far admittedly)

27-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Now even less surprised we got absolutely horsed by them! Just to put it into additional perspective that people shouldn't have been too surprised last season (however 7 was a bit far admittedly)

Makes our showing against them away from home look decent though?

27-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Makes our showing against them away from home look decent though?

Pish compared to drogheda's though.

27-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Lucky to get there.....:wink:

Sparta blew it against then in the previous round, 4-2 up at home and lost in Sweden. :rolleyes:

Lucky cants I tell ya!

27-08-2014, 09:04 PM
They are a decent side to be fair. Really surprised that rantie guy went to Bournemouth.

27-08-2014, 09:05 PM
They are a decent side to be fair. Really surprised that rantie guy went to Bournemouth.

He'll be kicking himself surely

27-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Both Malmo and Maribor in the UCL group stages, the last 2 teams to knock us out of Europe.

As bad as we were v Malmo, I thought they were a cracking side to watch, really pleased for them. Their 2nd goal tonight was ridiculous as well, check that out - https://vine.co/v/MlDY5m0DjMp

Also pleased for Maribor since they dumped Celtic out. I'd usually support them in Europe but they shouldn't have been in the competition so I was 100% behind Maribor. The boy who scored for them, Tavares, looks a real player as well:agree:

27-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Both Malmo and Maribor in the UCL group stages, the last 2 teams to knock us out of Europe.

As bad as we were v Malmo, I thought they were a cracking side to watch, really pleased for them. Their 2nd goal tonight was ridiculous as well, check that out - https://vine.co/v/MlDY5m0DjMp

Also pleased for Maribor since they dumped Celtic out. I'd usually support them in Europe but they shouldn't have been in the competition so I was 100% behind Maribor. The boy who scored for them, Tavares, looks a real player as well:agree:

He scored against us in both legs when we played them in 2010.

He got two goals in the second leg at Easter Road.

wazoo1875
27-08-2014, 09:25 PM

The boy doesn't even get a start for Bournemouth, every time I check he's on the bench. Thought he looked a cracking player too.
Tavares ripped us in both legs against maribor

27-08-2014, 09:42 PM
The boy doesn't even get a start for Bournemouth, every time I check he's on the bench. Thought he looked a cracking player too.
Tavares ripped us in both legs against maribor
I've noticed that too. He looked lightening fast at ER don't understand it myself.
Did De Graff not scored two in the second leg against Maribor? I liked how when we played them they were minnows and now have gone on to beat rangers and Celtic...

27-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Should have seen the flares in their stand. Looked like it was on fire!

27-08-2014, 10:14 PM

Wife's brother is a season ticket holder at Bournemouth. He says he hasn't been impressed with him that much.

BVB Hibs
27-08-2014, 10:15 PM
How about Ludogorets? Keeper gets sent off and the Center back saves 2 penalties to put them into the group stages. That's the stuff of dreams.

27-08-2014, 10:28 PM
How about Ludogorets? Keeper gets sent off and the Center back saves 2 penalties to put them into the group stages. That's the stuff of dreams.

The capacity of their ground is 8000

27-08-2014, 10:37 PM

Used to play for the rivals of the team he put out as well

27-08-2014, 11:52 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed myself over there for the first leg, never left the house for the game @ ER, backed Maribor to win and Tavares to score first in different bets that pretty much paid for the first leg trip! Wish I had a better jacket for after the game over there though! Got back to Edinburgh at about midnight on the Saturday then headed down to the friendly at Carlisle in the morning (another messy day).

wazoo1875
28-08-2014, 12:05 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed myself over there for the first leg, never left the house for the game @ ER, backed Maribor to win and Tavares to score first in different bets that pretty much paid for the first leg trip! Wish I had a better jacket for after the game over there though! Got back to Edinburgh at about midnight on the Saturday then headed down to the friendly at Carlisle in the morning (another messy day).
That rain was biblical over there, I got a taxi from maribor to Ljubljana that night, never been more terrified 😰
Good job I was boats !!

28-08-2014, 12:10 AM

I'm surprised he's still there. Looked class against us and thought he would move on to a bigger club, but he is still there and tore Celtc a new one!

28-08-2014, 12:15 AM
That rain was biblical over there, I got a taxi from maribor to Ljubljana that night, never been more terrified 😰
Good job I was boats !!

We did a Zagreb, Ljubljana & Maribor trifecta that week, fantastic! (Apart from the flight back from London being full of bevvied Yams that had been at Millwall on the Sat a'noon).

wazoo1875
28-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Aye I can imagine, I'm sure a few jumbos made a right fud of themselves that weekend if memory serves. 😔

28-08-2014, 05:38 AM
Those small-time Swedish jokers made it into the Champions League? How embarrassing for the competition.

28-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Malmo were 5/1 last night. Free money! :-)

28-08-2014, 06:59 AM
I've noticed that too. He looked lightening fast at ER don't understand it myself.
Did De Graff not scored two in the second leg against Maribor? I liked how when we played them they were minnows and now have gone on to beat rangers and Celtic...

I thought they were by far the best team to visit ER that season yet Yogi got a lot of grief for showing them too much respect.

28-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Thats what happens if you leave Stokes and Riordan on the bench and play Nish up front on his own. There were plenty folk not happy at the game over there.

Green Man
28-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Lucky to get there.....:wink:

Sparta blew it against then in the previous round, 4-2 up at home and lost in Sweden. :rolleyes:

Lucky cants I tell ya!

That was always going to happen after the way the first leg went. Malmo were ahead twice and always looked dangerous going forward. If it hadn't been for Lafata then I don't think Sparta would have won that game.

28-08-2014, 09:06 PM

That Maribor team were the best side I'd seen at ER in years.

JIm
28-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Congratulations Malmo, great trip great memories.

28-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Hope they get ripped apart in the group stages. Gang of Swedish Jambos in my opinion.

28-08-2014, 10:47 PM
I thought they were by far the best team to visit ER that season yet Yogi got a lot of grief for showing them too much respect.

He got grief for playing Nish as the lone striker and dropping Deeks and Stokes ( think ) for the away leg . The grief was well deserved imho .