PDA

View Full Version : Allan

jimmyboco1875
27-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Cant believe there is not a thread about this guy, thought last night he was very very good, he is very positive and can see him being player of the season for us

SmashinGlass
27-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Cant believe there is not a thread about this guy, thought last night he was very very good, he is very positive and can see him being player of the season for us

Agree. I feel he needs to be deployed much closer to the strikers though. Would rather have seen him pick the ball up in the opposition half than dropping deep.

HappyAsHellas
27-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Spot on. I think he was our best player again last night. Another good midfielder alongside him would make us a quite formidable opposition.

matty_f
27-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Been really impressed with him so far. Potentially the signing of the season.

jacomo
27-08-2014, 11:44 AM
This is the creative midfielder we've been pining for, is he not?

A more natural holding midfielder would be nice, allowing him to push further forward.

IWasThere2016
27-08-2014, 11:54 AM
He is a fabulous footballer .. no doubt about it.

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm not 100% convinced yet. But then I was told/read he was a creative player and I've not seen much of that from him yet.

Smartie
27-08-2014, 01:29 PM
He's brilliant.

It hasn't always come off for him so far but it hasn't put him off and that's what I like the most. He keeps going, keeps trying things, takes the ball under pressure, tries tricky passes and never hides. The kind of player we've been crying out for. Brings others into the game and when teams choose to double up on Kennedy (like they did last night) he has the ability to get the ball to the other flank quickly ensuring we have more than one outlet for our attack.

Not sure who will be best to play in there with him but he's a first pick for me.

MB62
27-08-2014, 02:43 PM
And he is nowhere near being fully fit so there is still plenty more to come from him.
Excellent player :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
27-08-2014, 02:44 PM
I think there are times when he holds on to the ball for just a little too long but otherwise I'm impressed and I'm convinced he'll get better as his fitness improves

wookie70
27-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Moves the ball on much quicker than those around him and is one of only a few who is willing to take a risk. I much prefer a player who backs himself with a difficult pass and loses possession rather than someone who plays it safe all the time. If we could get a forward who makes runs throgh gaps around the box then I think Allen will be a real match winner for us.

GreenArmyyy!
27-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm not 100% convinced yet. But then I was told/read he was a creative player and I've not seen much of that from him yet.

I think if he is played in the 'hole' you will be convinced. Just need somebody to play the holding role, unfortunately I don't really trust anywhere in that role just now.

The Leith Dutch
27-08-2014, 11:09 PM
I much prefer a player who backs himself with a difficult pass and loses possession rather than someone who plays it safe all the time.

This.

In the short amount of time he's been on the pitch for us he seems to try to play the ball ahead of the player he's passing to.
More difficult, more risky - it's certainly gone wrong for him a few times - but when it comes off we get fluent attacking play.

In start contrast to Liam Craig who seems so worried about making a mistake he's playing the ball behind the player and forcing them to turn back rather than press on.

Bruceb1875
28-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Have to say I Agree with every comment on Allan. We Are very fortunate that Stubbsy got him.
the Huns were livid that we Got him...and in a short space of time We can All see why.
ggtth:flag::flag::flag::gwa::gwa:

Bearders
28-08-2014, 06:32 AM
He is a fabulous footballer .. no doubt about it.

That's what I've been told from one of his previous coaches. It's his attitude,application and desire that needs to change otherwise he'll not fulfill his potential.

IWasThere2016
28-08-2014, 08:14 AM
That's what I've been told from one of his previous coaches. It's his attitude,application and desire that needs to change otherwise he'll not fulfill his potential.

Yup - watched Scott a few times before he broke through at the Arabs. He is a class act (when he wants to be).

Ronniekirk
28-08-2014, 08:21 AM
He has said he came to us as he believes Stubbs is the right man to help him get career back on track so I assume he is prepared to put in the work needed.The problem could be if we don't come straight back up and he has done well he may want a move so be interesting if his contract has a clause I. It or if he signed for the two years on basis Stubbs will be here for that period

nellio
28-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Must admit hes impressed me when I've seen him. Looking for through balls all the tme. Very good especially at the level we are at now.

allezsauzee
28-08-2014, 12:15 PM
He reminds me of Liam Miller...which i regard as a positive!

Smartie
28-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Murray on for Allan.