PDA

View Full Version : If That Was A League Game Last Night We Would Have Lost It

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2014, 09:46 AM
As it was, the smaller crowd of hard core zealots was less abusive than normal and didn't get on the player's backs as much as usual.

We were generally poorer than we were against Falkirk, but there were still the same pleasing signs and frustrations, nice passing but the crossing and final ball lacking conviction. The last twelve minutes will be big in our season. Yes, Dumbarton tired, but after we scored the belief flooded into the side and we were a different team. I was hoping it would go extra time, as I think there would have been a further confidence-boosting goal feast in that extra half-hour.

Fountaine made a couple of mistakes, but he reads the game and passes the ball better than Nelson, and is far quicker and more mobile, so that was a nice bit of business and has improved the team.

We have Alloa and Cowdenbeath up next, and we should be looking for some goals and to establish ourselves nicely in the League. Prefer Cummings to Handlng, but both will benefit from hitting the back of the net, and I'd prefer either to Heff, who isn't cutting it and we should be looking to the future.

I'm not saying that we're world beaters on the strength of a dramatic late rally against Dumbarton - no, it, that's EXACTLY what I am saying, and I can't wait to see Der Stubmeister's Stormtroopers in action at Alloa next week.

Keith_M
27-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Prefer Cummings to Handlng, but both will benefit from hitting the back of the net, and I'd prefer either to Heff, who isn't cutting it and we should be looking to the future.

Funny that, as a few posters told us before the season stared that Heff would score barrowloads at our new level.

Weststandwanab
27-08-2014, 10:14 AM
As it was, the smaller crowd of hard core zealots was less abusive than normal and didn't get on the player's backs as much as usual.

We were generally poorer than we were against Falkirk, but there were still the same pleasing signs and frustrations, nice passing but the crossing and final ball lacking conviction. The last twelve minutes will be big in our season. Yes, Dumbarton tired, but after we scored the belief flooded into the side and we were a different team. I was hoping it would go extra time, as I think there would have been a further confidence-boosting goal feast in that extra half-hour.

Fountaine made a couple of mistakes, but he reads the game and passes the ball better than Nelson, and is far quicker and more mobile, so that was a nice bit of business and has improved the team.

We have Alloa and Cowdenbeath up next, and we should be looking for some goals and to establish ourselves nicely in the League. Prefer Cummings to Handlng, but both will benefit from hitting the back of the net, and I'd prefer either to Heff, who isn't cutting it and we should be looking to the future.

I'm not saying that we're world beaters on the strength of a dramatic late rally against Dumbarton - no, it, that's EXACTLY what I am saying, and I can't wait to see Der Stubmeister's Stormtroopers in action at Alloa next week.

There was one nutter in lower west (row d) that I have never seen before but he was due a heart attack for about the first 80 minutes of the game due to his ranting.

Strangely enough a bit quiet by full time but sill breathing.

If you are reading this and intend buying a season ticket can I suggest FF ?

Saturday Boy
27-08-2014, 10:19 AM
There was one nutter in lower west (row d) that I have never seen before but he was due a heart attack for about the first 80 minutes of the game due to his ranting.

Hey! Don't want him up beside me. I love the quiet of the wide open spaces. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2014, 07:08 AM

That would be me, and done.

spike220
28-08-2014, 01:56 PM

I am pretty sure that 3-2 still gets you a win in the league, but I could be wrong

jdships
28-08-2014, 04:30 PM
I am pretty sure that 3-2 still gets you a win in the league, but I could be wrong

After a fair bit of research I totally agree
WELL SPOTTED :greengrin