PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together Pat Stanton turns 7-0 on 13 September

PatHead
27-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Can't believe it, really makes me feel old. It is on the day of the Cowdenbeath game.

Any suggestions as to anything we could do? Can't let a day of Hibs greatest living player and the numbers 70 go unmarked particularly as he was captain.

If anyone is on the bounce can they post similar there and give feedback.

Hibs are looking for suggestions so if we could get them in ASAP

Weststandwanab
27-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Sign LG ! I am sure Pat would think that was a great birthday present.

cam2644
27-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Some part of Easter Road should be named after him. He was too young to be in the Famous Five but is our greatest individual player in the eyes of thousands.

--------
27-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Sign LG ! I am sure Pat would think that was a great birthday present.

That isn't going to happen.

The Nelson/Fontaine out/in suggests to me that AS has spent up to budget already and needs to move players on before he can bring anyone in.

Leeann Dempster may very well be the CEO, but Farmer and Petrie hold the purse-strings and in that area nothing whatever has changed.

If we could punt Tudur-Jones and Heffernan and replace them before the weekend, we might have a chance of bringing in another striker and maybe someone else a little more mobile than the Scott Monument, but who's going to take THEM off our hands, and who'll come in their place?

Once again, it's the last few days of the window and Hibs are looking desperately for someone, ANYONE to bolster an inadequate squad.

PETRIE OUT. FARMER OUT.

:taxi

Weststandwanab
27-08-2014, 10:36 AM
I am not predicting it will happen just stating what I think would be a great birthday present for PS.

worcesterhibby
27-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Can we concentrate on coming up with a proper way to celebrate Pat's Birthday please.

Mathias Jack
27-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Can we concentrate on coming up with a proper way to celebrate Pat's Birthday please.

Correct...

How about a flag? I haven't ever purchased custom made flag or anything so I don't know the timescale needed or how much it would be. Bound to be someone on here who knows the answer!

:flag:

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Sir Patrick of Stanton....now HE is what you call a Legend, class personified

PatHead
27-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Really looking for ideas for a week on Saturday to honour him. Such as 1875 Hospitality with Pat (and Tornadoes?) as special guests, S43 giving it laldy in his honour, Pat getting a guard of honour onto the pitch, etc

erin go bragh
27-08-2014, 12:48 PM
The Pat Stanton East stand .

Ggtth

Twiglet
27-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Really looking for ideas for a week on Saturday to honour him. Such as 1875 Hospitality with Pat (and Tornadoes?) as special guests, S43 giving it laldy in his honour, Pat getting a guard of honour onto the pitch, etc

He definitely at the match then?

PatHead
27-08-2014, 12:58 PM
He definitely at the match then?

Yes, confirmed last night

RIP
27-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Yes, confirmed last night

Kev. This should involve St Pats. I'll talk to Big G and DM and see if they can mail the membership

MacBean
27-08-2014, 02:48 PM
aren't the Hibs Club on Sunnyside doing something for him?

PatHead
27-08-2014, 03:04 PM
aren't the Hibs Club on Sunnyside doing something for him?

Yes but separate. It was felt the club should do something official rather than waiting until folk pass before they get recognised. (Not that Pat is in any danger!)

Re Hibs Club I think there is a party which he is attending but I don't have information. Perhaps someone ITK could help?

stu in nottingham
27-08-2014, 03:31 PM
I recall this tribute to him from some years ago. Maybe something similar could be organised.

http://ssa.nls.uk/film/8529

Nothing is too good for him. Love the man.

Persevere80
27-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Yes but separate. It was felt the club should do something official rather than waiting until folk pass before they get recognised. (Not that Pat is in any danger!)

Re Hibs Club I think there is a party which he is attending but I don't have information. Perhaps someone ITK could help?

I know a few people that drink there. As far as I know there is a doo but I believe its members only.

Weir7
27-08-2014, 03:58 PM
I know a few people that drink there. As far as I know there is a doo but I believe its members only.

Its pats own 70th birthday party. 60th was there

Stantons Angel
27-08-2014, 06:44 PM
I recall this tribute to him from some years ago. Maybe something similar could be organised.

Ahhhh Stu you say it all!

Its a bit late to organise something formal for his birthday but it would be nice to have him on the pitch at half time and everyone present sing Happy Birthday to him.

He is a very private individual and wont want any fuss, but we should be showing him how much he will always be held so high in regard by the Hibs support.

Doing this now during his lifetime is the correct thing to do by the club and calling a stand after him is an honor befitting of the man himself and the Hibs supporters would relish the chance to show him how much they appreciate him and the memories he made them.

The Stanton Branch are holding a private party to celebrate his 7-0 birthday with family and his close friends and some invited club members.

The club could put on a benefit dinner with all the profits going to a charity of Pat's choice. im sure he would relish a chance to make some money for a worthwhile cause.

He deserves all the love and affection the Hibs support can show him because.... he is Pat Stanton..... the man we call "GOD"!

Viva_Palmeiras
27-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Get his footprints cast and concrete impression at the East in a Hibernian walk of Fame with the 5 gone there needs be only one...

Stax
27-08-2014, 08:09 PM

Great link and some good memories there. As a wee aside I did some work for Happy Howden (he was the compere at the event) a couple of years ago. I told him Pat's day at the Sheraton was recorded and available online and he was genuinely moved when he watched it back again.

stu in nottingham
27-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Ahhhh Stu you say it all!

Its a bit late to organise something formal for his birthday but it would be nice to have him on the pitch at half time and everyone present sing Happy Birthday to him.

He is a very private individual and wont want any fuss, but we should be showing him how much he will always be held so high in regard by the Hibs support.

Doing this now during his lifetime is the correct thing to do by the club and calling a stand after him is an honor befitting of the man himself and the Hibs supporters would relish the chance to show him how much they appreciate him and the memories he made them.

The Stanton Branch are holding a private party to celebrate his 7-0 birthday with family and his close friends and some invited club members.

The club could put on a benefit dinner with all the profits going to a charity of Pat's choice. im sure he would relish a chance to make some money for a worthwhile cause.

He deserves all the love and affection the Hibs support can show him because.... he is Pat Stanton..... the man we call "GOD"!

Nicely said J - amen to all that. Total gentleman and when he speaks we should listen. I long ago ran out of superlatives for the great Pat Stanton.

I would love to see a stand named after him

Great link and some good memories there. As a wee aside I did some work for Happy Howden (he was the compere at the event) a couple of years ago. I told him Pat's day at the Sheraton was recorded and available online and he was genuinely moved when he watched it back again.

Good stuff mate. I can see what an honour it would be to work with the legend that is Pat Stanton.

monktonharp
27-08-2014, 11:35 PM
That isn't going to happen.

The Nelson/Fontaine out/in suggests to me that AS has spent up to budget already and needs to move players on before he can bring anyone in.

Leeann Dempster may very well be the CEO, but Farmer and Petrie hold the purse-strings and in that area nothing whatever has changed.

If we could punt Tudur-Jones and Heffernan and replace them before the weekend, we might have a chance of bringing in another striker and maybe someone else a little more mobile than the Scott Monument, but who's going to take THEM off our hands, and who'll come in their place?

Once again, it's the last few days of the window and Hibs are looking desperately for someone, ANYONE to bolster an inadequate squad.

PETRIE OUT. FARMER OUT.

:taxi thought the OP, was reffering to the Kaiser, the King, the one and only King Patrick of Stanton? what you oan aboot the night ?

monktonharp
27-08-2014, 11:55 PM
a few on here, can still talk about the famous 5. many on here, can refer to Sauzee (Le God) and I admired him too. still, a lot on here can be proud of the fact that they witnessed the great Pat Stanton, playing for Hibernian. other younger fans that did not have that privelage can also admire and know, that he is one of us. he is Hibernian , through and through and played in a team that should have won everything in Scottish fitba'. class in a glass, oor Paddy. apart from that, he's privilidged to have the same birth day, as me:greengrin

Stantons Angel
28-08-2014, 08:06 PM
a few on here, can still talk about the famous 5. many on here, can refer to Sauzee (Le God) and I admired him too. still, a lot on here can be proud of the fact that they witnessed the great Pat Stanton, playing for Hibernian. other younger fans that did not have that privelage can also admire and know, that he is one of us. he is Hibernian , through and through and played in a team that should have won everything in Scottish fitba'. class in a glass, oor Paddy. apart from that, he's privilidged to have the same birth day, as me:greengrin

Happy Birthday when it comes!

Its true so many of the younger supporters haven't had the pleasure of watching "GOD" glide over the pitch with such grace and elegance.

People some times look at me and say "he couldn't have been that good?" the truth is he was!

To see him take a game by the scruff of the neck and push his team mates forward was awesome. He never gave up in a game and kept on playing to his own high standards. He wasnt a shout and bawl kind of player he showed by example how to play football Hibs style! Sheer joy to watch!

What ever the club decide to do to acknowledge his 7-0 birthday it must be a fitting gesture or they shouldnt bother at all.

The man is Mr Hibs and oozes class personified but hey i like him, can you tell?

ALF TUPPER
29-08-2014, 09:41 AM
The Pat Stanton East stand .

Ggtth

This !!

Great idea :)

Looking forward to the birthday celebrations in honour of the great man.
GGTTH

hibbymac
29-08-2014, 09:52 AM

It is the Stanton branch that is organising a party for him in the Hibs Club on 19th Sept. with members of the branch and invited guests.

jdships
29-08-2014, 11:30 AM

:top marks
I had the privalage of having PS as a neighbour back in the 1960's and he and his family were absolutely gold plated
Still remember kicking a ball with him and the local kids on a Sunday morning :not worth
Happy birthday Pat

:flag: