PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sky Sports News Now

BH Hibs
27-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Guess who is on discussing LVGs tactics for Man Utd and giving advice on tactical Formations?

That's right the fountain of knowledge Terry Butcher. Make you sick.

Oh aye and Andy ****ing Walker as well.:grr:

Winston Ingram
27-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Guess who is on discussing LVGs tactics for Man Utd and giving advice on tactical Formations?

Let me guess...is he suggesting they boot it into the corners?

hibbysam
27-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Doesn't this count as a job on his gardening leave?

DarrenSQH
27-08-2014, 09:27 AM
To be fair he is probably the best person to get on to explain how embarassing results feel

BH Hibs
27-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Let me guess...is he suggesting they boot it into the corners?

That's the thing he was actually talking through different formations and how players fit into them although he could only play one way himself. You could actually make a case for him talking sense of you hadn't witnessed the disaster that was last season.

Bostonhibby
27-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Swearing at the players and launching the ball skyward at the opposition might be the solution for man U. If it wasn't for the fact he'd get them relegated first go LVG would surely have offered Butcher a deal. Are you sure it wasn't a Simpsons Sky Sports episode?

tamig
27-08-2014, 11:20 AM
I never saw Butcher and Malpas clutching an array of clip-boards and notebooks. Did he not suggest VG and Giggs should ditch the paperwork?:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2014, 11:35 AM
apparently sky asked Maurice Malpass for his views, but he told them to **** off as he was busy doing the weeding, tut-tut

Not In The Know
27-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes too right thats him back in work now - get him off the payroll and sign some players!!

KeithTheHibby
27-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Yes too right thats him back in work now - get him off the payroll and sign some players!!

It's not, he is only a guest but will be paid for it. When I worked for Sky it ranged from £500 to £1000 for being in the studio.

sesoim
27-08-2014, 12:52 PM

It's kind of bizarre given how clueless he seemed to be last season.

If I'm being honest though, I still think we would have had a better chance of promotion with him (than Stubbs) this season. The football might not be great, but I think if he had gotten his own team in and played a direct approach, we'd be scoring more goals and pulverizing the opposition, as opposed to playing neat football that breaks down too much.

Stubbs has been naive about how much he can get out of some of our players (and how good HE is at doing that), and that has already left us trailing the others. Hopefully he is catching on now, but handing Handling a four year contract isn't a great sign.

greenpaper55
27-08-2014, 12:57 PM

If I'm being honest though, I still think we would have had a better chance of promotion with him (than Stubbs) this season. The football might not be great, but I think if he had gotten his own team in and played a direct approach, we'd be scoring more goals and pulverizing the opposition, as opposed to playing neat football that breaks down too much.

Stubbs has been naive about how much he can get out of some of our players (and how good HE is at doing that), and that has already left us trailing the others. Hopefully he is catching on now, but handing Handling a four year contract isn't a great sign.

You were not obviously at the Hamilton game where we played a team from the lower division that we now find ourselves in, it was the worst performance i have ever seen from a Hibs team, he is an inept buffoon who will struggle to get a job anywhere near a senior team again.

bingo70
27-08-2014, 01:02 PM

We are pulvarizing the opposition just now, we created loads on Saturday and scored 3 last night.

Playing neat football is how to play football in this league. The central defenders are slow donkeys that can header football's all day long, playing direct high balls is playing into their hands.

Butchers a **** and we're well shot of him.

Boyle89
27-08-2014, 01:19 PM
We are pulvarizing the opposition just now, we created loads on Saturday and scored 3 last night.

Playing neat football is how to play football in this league. The central defenders are slow donkeys that can header football's all day long, playing direct high balls is playing into their hands.

10/10! Especially the last part. Utter pr!ck of a man.

1950's hibbie
27-08-2014, 01:24 PM
10/10! Especially the last part. Utter pr!ck of a man.

Of course I have no idea the content of his contract, but know from here with hockey coaches, it seems to be fairly explicit that the only job taken to nullify his pay from the former club is the one that is the same as what he was fired from. Just like Butcher many of them get part time commentary jobs.

BH Hibs
27-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Of course I have no idea the content of his contract, but know from here with hockey coaches, it seems to be fairly explicit that the only job taken to nullify his pay from the former club is the one that is the same as what he was fired from. Just like Butcher many of them get part time commentary jobs.

Fairly sure that'll be the case as well. I may be wrong but can remember Sourness (auto correct right for a change) having to apply for jobs even though he wasn't really interested in getting the gig in order to preserve his settlement from someone, possibly Newcastle, as well as his earnings from Sky

Pretty Boy
27-08-2014, 04:58 PM
I hate Terry Butcher more than Colin Calderwood and that's saying something.

Horrible, arrogant bully of a man.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-08-2014, 05:10 PM

This for me aswell.

Bobby's Cinema
27-08-2014, 05:12 PM

:agree: He should still be hiding

PISTOL1875
27-08-2014, 05:15 PM

What has Andy Walker ever done to hurt anybody ??

hibsbollah
27-08-2014, 05:23 PM

Bald men and combs spring rapidly to mind here.

I was thinking the other day that, bizarrely given that he presided over the 5-1, Pat Fenlon is probably my 'favourite' of our last five managers. I'd have him over Calderwood (my personal low point) Butcher, Mixu or Yogi. Which goes to show how low we have scraped the barrel. (metaphor disaster alert).

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2014, 05:57 PM

Spoke.

ekhibee
27-08-2014, 06:00 PM

I suppose it depends what people mean by 'pulverized.' We got beat on Saturday and the weekend before it, and with 12 minutes to go we were going out of the league cup as well. I think it's too early to say if the style of football we are playing just now is going to help us achieve promotion, the first priority must surely be to get promoted by whatever means. If that means digging out drab 1-0 results which we don't deserve I don't care. If we do play attractive stuff and still go up all well and good though.

Septimus
27-08-2014, 06:24 PM

Andy Walker gives the most negative assessment about Hibs whenever he can.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2014, 06:28 PM

He also used his stint on Scotsport to try and sell everyone of our players to Celtic whenever he got a chance.

emerald green
27-08-2014, 06:30 PM

Sorry, but how anyone can still defend Butcher, given the damage he inflicted on this club, and his previous record at several other clubs beforehand (he got lucky at ICT IMO) is beyond belief.

He gets to blether away as a pundit because he talks a good game. If even half the stories about his man management skills are to be believed, he can only be described as a useless dinosaur. Hibs are well rid of him.

IanM
27-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Big Ben Williams starting for Bradford tonight on Sky Sports..

Thought I'd stick that in this thread instead of starting a new one

Should be a decent game

Bostonhibby
27-08-2014, 06:38 PM

I think he might be celtc "minded" if so he is more to be pitied than scorned.

BH Hibs
27-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Spoke.

:thumbsup:

oneone73
27-08-2014, 07:02 PM
It's not, he is only a guest but will be paid for it. When I worked for Sky it ranged from £500 to £1000 for being in the studio.

If he's taken a paid assignment without clearing it with his employer first, perhaps he's in breach of contract? One can but hope ...

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Charlie Nicholas is just sitting there thinking the now.

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/video-a-wonderful-140-seconds-of-charlie-nicholas-just-sitting-there-thinking-on-soccer-saturday-2/

JOD
27-08-2014, 07:23 PM

That sounds like 'tic Paranoia.

bigwheel
27-08-2014, 07:26 PM

to be fair, we have done nothing for about 4 years for any pundit to be positive about us.....