PDA

View Full Version : El Alagui Again!

yankyhibby
26-08-2014, 10:41 PM
I really like what this guy is doing -hitting the back of the net regularly.
If one or two others could start chipping in regularly this will alleviate some of the pressure on him.
Well done Alan Stubbs for enticing him to Easter Road.

Sir David Gray
26-08-2014, 11:05 PM
On current form (4 goals in 5 games), he's on track to score about 35 goals this season.

He's going to be a key part to our success this year.

Hibeesmad
26-08-2014, 11:06 PM
I love him

BroxburnHibee
26-08-2014, 11:14 PM
For the first 75 tonight I thought he was just as poor as the rest of the team. Fair play though he kept at it and got his rewards.

yankyhibby
26-08-2014, 11:20 PM
For the first 75 tonight I thought he was just as poor as the rest of the team. Fair play though he kept at it and got his rewards.

The key thing is, as you say, he kept at it and got his rewards. He is a natural finisher at this level. Long may it continue.

Shearer
27-08-2014, 01:10 AM
I reckon he's captain material

Billychaotic182
27-08-2014, 01:16 AM
Can't help but feel he could have double that amount with some of the chances he had. But fair play to him. When we signed him I thought he would be more or less a target man but he is superb with the ball. Really really like him

JHFC
27-08-2014, 01:22 AM
At least he is scoring us the goals we are crying out for. Nothing but praise for him from me. He is also a grafter I'm sure I seen him playing near enough centre half nearer the end of the game tonight. Great signing.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-08-2014, 02:51 AM
Loved the guy when he was at Falkirk, and love him even more now! :greengrin

bingo70
27-08-2014, 05:13 AM
He's going to score a lot of goals I reckon, I also think he'll miss a lot of chances though. Just think he's going to be that sort of player.

The Leith Dutch
27-08-2014, 07:00 AM
He's going to score a lot of goals I reckon, I also think he'll miss a lot of chances though. Just think he's going to be that sort of player.

I'd be happy enough with that if we have goals elsewhere in the team.

7 so far with 4 from El Alagui and a fluke from the keeper.
As with many others I reckon we need another starting XI striker.

Looking at the rest of the team I don't see anything other than a few 2 or 3 a season players which puts far too much on Farid.

Hibeesmad
27-08-2014, 07:05 AM

Looking at the rest of the team I don't see anything other than a few 2 or 3 a season players which puts far too much on Farid.

Hope ;)

lucky
27-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Strange think is the amount of chances he's missed, some a really good opportunities. But can't complain 4 in 5 games but it could easy be 8 in 5 games

Ronniekirk
27-08-2014, 07:38 AM

An in form Stanton will score more than 2 or 3 and hopefully foster can do the same based on last season and Craig if played in right position .Notsure if Kennedy has goals in locker or mainly a provider But agree it looks at present as if we are too reliant on Farid and at some point he will hit a barren run as he needs lots of chances to take one ,but at least we are creating those chances ..

Lucius Apuleius
27-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Misses a helluva lot of chances but cannot argue with his goal returns. Needs someone to play off his knockdowns.

MSK
27-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Misses a helluva lot of chances but cannot argue with his goal returns. Needs someone to play off his knockdowns.A good old fashioned poacher to feed off the scraps would be ideal ..:agree:

The Gorf
27-08-2014, 08:41 AM
I really like what this guy is doing -hitting the back of the net regularly.
If one or two others could start chipping in regularly this will alleviate some of the pressure on him.
Well done Alan Stubbs for enticing him to Easter Road.
This player has done more for helping us go forward by alleviating the lack of confidence the team have had recently. This has proved to the squad (not just the team last night) that we CAN go forward mentally and physically. Long may it continue.
GGTTH

Stevie Reid
27-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Four goals in five games and missed a fair number of chances too. The goals will keep coming.

worcesterhibby
27-08-2014, 08:44 AM
He is a breath of fresh air up front after last year. He's direct, has a good touch, never gives up and is the best header of a ball we have had up front for some time. It's worth remembering that LG also missed plenty of good chances and then would pop up with a wonder goal, if you want a striker who will score with 70% of the decent chances he gets, you have to pay about £50 million !!

Harris and Handling don't really look likely to score more than 3 or 4 goals each (although football being football if one of them get's on a bit of a run they could easily prove me wrong) but I'm hopeful that Cummings might be the man to get us another 9 or 10 once he's starting matches.

I do get the feeling that if we could sign a ball playing but tough defensive midfielder that would allow either Allan and Craig to make more runs into the box, we would see either or both of them scoring regularly as well.

leggeto
27-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Took the two headers like Keith Wright in his prime,especially the second

Weststandwanab
27-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Misses a helluva lot of chances but cannot argue with his goal returns. Needs someone to play off his knockdowns.

Indeed. and think we all know who that is !

spike220
27-08-2014, 10:21 AM
A good old fashioned poacher to feed off the scraps would be ideal ..:agree:

Wonder if Griffiths could do that job for us?

CRAZYHIBBY
27-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Cracker from my works pet yam

Quote "alagui's a one trick pony he can only score with his foot or head...give me sow any day"

I kid you not

MWHIBBIES
27-08-2014, 02:32 PM
If he scored all of his chances he wouldn't be with Hibs.

Smartie
27-08-2014, 02:39 PM
I actually thought he was hopeless for about 99% of the game last night.

But to be hopeless and still bag 2 very good and very important goals says an awful lot about him. No head going down, no hiding and he got his rewards.

I especially liked the second goal. Big thumbs up to Forster for the delivery - I think we've tried to be too cute too often in the past and on this occasion he just played percentage ball into the box - but it was a stonking finish from the big fella.

His link up play was boufing, nothing was coming off for him, but even when it wasn't coming off for him he kept on going, noising up defenders, jumping with them for every high ball and chasing them in order to get them to make mistakes.

Lots of talk of "loser mentality" over the past year or so but a few figures really stood out for me in the way they stood up when we were toiling last night and Farid, Gray and Allan were the main ones.

Franck Stanton
27-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Love him or loathe him but Aunt Sally McCoist missed a barrow-load of chances each and every game but didn't dwell on it and look how many goals he scored. NO STRIKER in the world scores every time he shoots/heads at goal. It is the ones they are successful with that he will ultimately be judged on. So far, Farid is doing extremely well and IMO will be even better when/if he gets another quality striker to help him.

overdrive
27-08-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote "alagui's a one trick pony he can only score with his foot or head...give me sow any day"

I kid you not

So is Sow scoring them with his hand or belly or something? :lolyam:

ancient hibee
27-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Once he learns the offside law he'll be unstoppable.

emerald green
27-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Farid's header for his second goal in particular was really top notch. As a previous poster indicated, he needs a penalty box "poacher" to play alongside him and bang in flicks and knock downs in the box.

Eyrie
27-08-2014, 07:16 PM

I kid you not

So is Sow scoring them with his hand or belly or something? :lolyam:

Probably with his elbows.