Kennedy- 9, very tricky and fast
Harris- 5, right positions, wrong options

Handling- 6, when he has the ball he is good he just wasn't involved enough
El Alagui- 7, like him a lot, 2nd was a peach

Subs- Cummings needs to start, Stanton goal fantastic

wookie70
26-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Oxley- 6, Nothing much to do

Gray- 8 Took the game by the scruff of the neck. Excellent and should continue as Captain my MOTM
Forster and Fontain- 6 decent but they scored twice from knock downs at corners.
Booth- 6, linked well with Kennedy but still looks ropy at the back

Robertson- 6 Very poor in the first half but I thought he played well in the second
Allan- 7, Always on the move and looks a real player. Great range of passing and he still has more to come

Kennedy- 8, constantly beat his man/men as they doubled up on him. Just need a better final ball
Harris- 6 Thought he looked brighter tonight. I would try him at No.10 as he has a good eye for a pass

Handling- 5, Never did much wrong but not really any influence on the game either
El Alagui- 7, Never gave up and if we can get decent balls into the box he will get his fair share of goals. Great finish for the equaliser

Subs- Cummings - great shot and deserve a shot at starting, Stanton what a goal to win it and a great celebration

GGTTH07
26-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Oxley- 6, Nothing much to do

Gray- 8 Took the game by the scruff of the neck. Excellent and should continue as Captain my MOTM
Forster and Fontain- 6 decent but they scored twice from knock downs at corners.
Booth- 6, linked well with Kennedy but still looks ropy at the back

Robertson- 6 Very poor in the first half but I thought he played well in the second
Allan- 7, Always on the move and looks a real player. Great range of passing and he still has more to come

Kennedy- 8, constantly beat his man/men as they doubled up on him. Just need a better final ball
Harris- 6 Thought he looked brighter tonight. I would try him at No.10 as he has a good eye for a pass

Handling- 5, Never did much wrong but not really any influence on the game either
El Alagui- 7, Never gave up and if we can get decent balls into the box he will get his fair share of goals. Great finish for the equaliser

Subs- Cummings - great shot and deserve a shot at starting, Stanton what a goal to win it and a great celebration
Agree re Harris.

macd123
26-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Oxley - nothing to do 6

Gray - second half showed some real drive 8

Forster - looked very assured. The whole team need to work out what went wrong for the goals. 7

Fontaine- looked very promising 7

Booth - some good runs again just needs to pick the best final ball 6

Robertson - just doesn't seem to have as good technique as the boys around him. Needs dropped 5

Allan - has bit of confidence \ arrogance that's much needed 7

Kennedy - motm. Will make some defenders look silly 8

Harris - getting there. Needs the chance to come on with 20 minutes left when defenders get tired 6

Handling - some good touches 6

Farid - bit of a legend, what a header 7.5

Subs
Cummings - full of beans 7
Stanton - looked like a man possessed, brilliant 8

Fans
The drummer - 10
Guy who left when we went 2 goals down - 0

gegs70
27-08-2014, 12:22 AM
I dont quite get it we are creating a number of chances, we go 2 goals down and most of the players get pass marks on this post bar perhaps Robertson. What is going wrong....Saturday was much the same?

What players do we need to bring in? An attacking midfielder, another winger to take Harris place? A striker?

Hibeewilly
27-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Amazing how people see things differently. Look at the rerun on HibsTV. In the last 15 minutes Robertson was the guy who drove us forward big time. The guy does a lot of unseen work and did really well in the last quarter

gegs70
27-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Amazing how people see things differently. Look at the rerun on HibsTV. In the last 15 minutes Robertson was the guy who drove us forward big time. The guy does a lot of unseen work and did really well in the last quarter

I always thought he was a decent box to box players but perhaps he needs to weigh in with more goals?
I was thinking about Harris and the comparsion with Kenedy on the other side. I just cant help but feel that Harris just does not do enough perhapsw he is even a player that needs to be dropped or perhaps even competition?

macd123
27-08-2014, 12:48 AM
I dont quite get it we are creating a number of chances, we go 2 goals down and most of the players get pass marks on this post bar perhaps Robertson. What is going wrong....Saturday was much the same?

What players do we need to bring in? An attacking midfielder, another winger to take Harris place? A striker?

We are very shaky at set pieces. We need more height from somewhere. A powerful wing \ striker would fit the bill and a proper DM.

Beefster
27-08-2014, 07:11 AM
If scraping a win against a part-time side gets pass marks nowadays, I really need to lower my expectations.

The Leith Dutch
27-08-2014, 07:19 AM
Guy who left when we went 2 goals down - 0

This will possibly upset a few folk but I'm getting really, really tired of the early leavers.
Every week a stream of folk down the stairs and off.
It's not Old Trafford - there's no traffic to beat.

Saturday was particularly annoying - we were 1-0 down and, poor as we were in the second half, we were actually trying to get something out the game.
It just adds to the negative atmosphere that we're not going to do it and like it or not that translates to the pitch.

I get that many folk - including myself - are hacked off with the continuing downward spiral at ER and a team that, despite some green shoots, isn't anywhere near what we want it to be but I'm genuinely bemused as to why you would leave with the game still in the balance.

MSK
27-08-2014, 07:26 AM
If scraping a win against a part-time side gets pass marks nowadays, I really need to lower my expectations.Aye really **** eh ..?...because we only scraped a win v a part time team we should have given out minus points ..:agree:

hfc-1875
27-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Thought gray, Allan and Kennedy were good last night apart from that no one else really stood out. Obviously farid getting the 2 goals. One thing I will say is I'm running out of patience with harris. Hides in a game and sometimes forget he's playing. We definitely need another winger to give him competition.

MSK
27-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Thought gray, Allan and Kennedy were good last night apart from that no one else really stood out. Obviously farid getting the 2 goals. One thing I will say is I'm running out of patience with harris. Hides in a game and sometimes forget he's playing. We definitely need another winger to give him competition.He doesn't hide ..he just doesn't seem to have the ability to take a player on & get the ball over nowadays, he seems very chicken hearted of late ..whether that's down to poor form or lack of confidence only he & Stubbs know ..what I have noticed this season is with Kennedy, he goes toe to toe..nose to nose with full backs but Harris seems to want to cut infield most times ...like I say, a shadow of the promising confident player we saw when he first broke into the first team ..hopefully we will see Harris get that spring back in his step ...

steviehibsleith
27-08-2014, 08:10 AM

My sentiment exactly , with 10 mins to go we are getting knocked out of a cup by a part time team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Halves
27-08-2014, 08:13 AM
First time ive had chance to attend last night and like others have said previously, you can see a marked improvement against the performances from last season.

I thought Gray was excellent last night. The tackle in the second half in front of the East had me thinking, this guy should keep the armband! He was up and down the line all night. Kennedy & Allan were very good too, creating some positive moves.

Still a bit shaky at the back for me, given the goals we conceded, but hopefully with more of an understanding between the centre half pairing, whoever that ends up being, that should improve too.

Definitely more positive feeling than when I walked away from the last game of last season!

bingo70
27-08-2014, 08:19 AM
My sentiment exactly , with 10 mins to go we are getting knocked out of a cup by a part time team

I think for all the frailties the team that finished deserve a lot of credit fir the character shown, we would have lost the game last season.

Not going to give ratings to all the players but I would say the following players got pass marks-

Gray
Kennedy
Allan
Farid
Stanton (not just for his goal, I thought he looked lively when he came on)

The following were poor-

Robertson
Harris
Forster (nish was his man at corners)
Handling

The others were pretty non descript and we're not good enough to win games with only 4 or 5 people playing well.

steviehibsleith
27-08-2014, 08:25 AM
I think for all the frailties the team that finished deserve a lot of credit fir the character shown, we would have lost the game last season.

Not going to give ratings to all the players but I would say the following players got pass marks-

Gray
Kennedy
Allan
Farid

The following were poor-

Robertson
Harris
Handling

The others were pretty non descript and we're not good enough to win games with only 4 or 5 people playing well.

I agree massive credit to the players for not giving up and the fans who went. I just think we need 1 or two additions if we genuinely want to get back to the SPL.

Beefster
27-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Aye really **** eh ..?...because we only scraped a win v a part time team we should have given out minus points ..:agree:

I'm not sure you're understanding what 'pass marks' means.

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 10:50 AM
If scraping a win against a part-time side gets pass marks nowadays, I really need to lower my expectations.

How folk can give players a 7 8 or 9 rating when they had been pish against a part time side for 80 minutes is just madness, hope Stubbs points this out to the players as well and tells them there performance for they first 80 minutes is unacceptable, yeah we got the win and happy about that but not every team will be as forgiving as Dumbarton.

Fergus52
27-08-2014, 10:57 AM
How folk can give players a 7 8 or 9 rating when they had been pish against a part time side for 80 minutes is just madness, hope Stubbs points this out to the players as well and tells them there performance for they first 80 minutes is unacceptable, yeah we got the win and happy about that but not every team will be as forgiving as Dumbarton.

just cause we were two goals down doesn't mean we were pish.

we had 22 shots ffs, sounded like we were just unlucky/not clinical enough up until the last ten minutes

Mikeystewart
27-08-2014, 11:04 AM
This will possibly upset a few folk but I'm getting really, really tired of the early leavers.
Every week a stream of folk down the stairs and off.
It's not Old Trafford - there's no traffic to beat.

Saturday was particularly annoying - we were 1-0 down and, poor as we were in the second half, we were actually trying to get something out the game.
It just adds to the negative atmosphere that we're not going to do it and like it or not that translates to the pitch.

I get that many folk - including myself - are hacked off with the continuing downward spiral at ER and a team that, despite some green shoots, isn't anywhere near what we want it to be but I'm genuinely bemused as to why you would leave with the game still in the balance.

2-0 down to a part time team at home and I had an early start today, was a no brainer. I knew there was a good chance we'd get back in the game but late on a weeknight I had more important stuff to be doing. If that makes me "not a real fan" then fair enough :coffee:

cleanyman
27-08-2014, 11:06 AM

we had 22 shots ffs, sounded like we were just unlucky/not clinical enough up until the last ten minutes

22 shots.

How many were on target?

Hibs were terrible for 75 minutes last night. This win cannot mask what was a display reminiscent to Saturday. There is nothing in the final third.

truehibernian
27-08-2014, 11:21 AM

6 months ago we were beaten by Raith, two years to the day nearly we were beaten by QoS.......this could have been yet another disaster and with 20 minutes to go it was. Got to praise the side when it's due just as we can be critical when they don't deserve it mate.

What a resounding way to get us all ready for the next match :aok: bring on the Wasps :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Oxley ... 6 ... Not much to do and little chance at the goals ... hard to tell from the FF though.

Gray ... 8 ... A bundle of energy all night ..... a captains performance.

Fontaine ... 6 ... Had a couple of dodgy moments but passed well and looks mobile .. played well for a guy who probably had to learn his team mates names the day before the game.

Forster ... 6 ... He looked solid enough and was always available for a pass ... I think he can go on to have a good season.

Booth ... 6 ... Got forward well as usual, but final pass not always the best on this occasion and not the best at defending.

Harris ... 5 ... Didn't do too much and snatched at a great chance just before Dumbarton's first goal.

Robertson ... 6 ... I thought he did OK and was good in the 2nd half.

Allan ... 7 ... This guy looks like he is a real player, control and passing are better than most in the team.

Handling ... 5 ... If this guy is a goal threat I'm Pat Stanton ..... sorry but he must do better.

Kennedy ... 8 ... Kept at it after taking a sore one early on ... looking at his first two full outings its not hard to see why Everton signed him.

El Alagui ... 8 ... Actually didn't think he was in the game enough,but came alive after half time, scored twice and what a header for the 2nd.

Subs:

Cummings ... 7 ... When is he going to start? Powerful, direct and likes to shoot.

Stanton ... 7 ... Looked up for it when he came on and what a goooooooaaaaaalllllll !!!

The fans: Brilliant all night and stayed with the team even at 2 - 0. I am usually down on people who leave before the end, but at least those who did that last night had bothered to come in the first place. Paid for leaving by missing a stirring comeback.

One observation ...... when you shoot from distance lads get your head over the ball.

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 11:31 AM

How many of these shots were on target last night, yeah we were cruising that game last night in the first 80 minutes :rolleyes: Nish won everything in the air that was punted up to him and was causing us all sorts of problems, Murray handed us the game when he took Nish off.

Beefster
27-08-2014, 11:33 AM

We also had less possession that a part-time side. Stats don't really tell you much though. Having witnessed last night, I can confirm that we were pretty mince for 78 minutes.

MSK
27-08-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure you're understanding what 'pass marks' means.I know exactly what it means ..there were a few hibs players merited pass marks last night & one or two didn't, whether someone merited a 9 or a 0 is a matter of choice to the individual who posted ...we won, we are through to the next round, try enjoy it instead of moaning about it..

calumhibee1
27-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Oxley - nothing to do other than pick the ball out twice

Gray - 9 - Faultless and really drove us on to win the game
Forster - 7 - played well
Fontaine - 6 - Comfortable, looks a decent signing
Booth - 6 - Final ball needs to improve, got forward well

Harris - 4 - Anonymous
Robertson - 4 - Struggled, passing was poor
Allan - 7 - Passed the ball around fairly well, gets things done quicker than Robertson and Craig
Kennedy - 8 - Had his man on toast every time, needs to learn when to pass it off though

Handling - 4 - See Harris

Farid - 8 - Not his best game but 2 more goals, the second of which was a great header

Subs:
Cummings - 7 - Should start on Sunday, looked threatening and a great effort from 30 yards
Stanton - 7 - Not on for long but a great strike for the winner

Beefster
27-08-2014, 11:49 AM
I know exactly what it means ..there were a few hibs players merited pass marks last night & one or two didn't, whether someone merited a 9 or a 0 is a matter of choice to the individual who posted ...we won, we are through to the next round, try enjoy it instead of moaning about it..

You seem to be defending someone's right to post an opinion whilst telling me not to bother. Strange.

I did enjoy it at the time but lifestyle tips are always welcome.

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 11:53 AM
I know exactly what it means ..there were a few hibs players merited pass marks last night & one or two didn't, whether someone merited a 9 or a 0 is a matter of choice to the individual who posted ...we won, we are through to the next round, try enjoy it instead of moaning about it..

Thought you fell asleep during the game. :cb

MSK
27-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Thought you fell asleep during the game. :cbYou take me too seriously Silv ...that ****ing drum kept me awake ..

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2014, 12:00 PM
We also had less possession that a part-time side. Stats don't really tell you much though. Having witnessed last night, I can confirm that we were pretty mince for 78 minutes.

Especially wrong stats ..... If the Sons had more ball than Hibs last night I must have fell asleep off and on during the game and missed it.

We were far from mince ..... yes we didn't get the ball into dangerous areas quick enough which made life easier for Dumbarton's defence, but we did move it pretty well and in truth were rarely troubled at the back, even if we did somehow contrive to lose 2 goals.

I'm not saying for a second that we cant play better or pretending that if it had been better opposition we would have been able to come back the way we did. This is all about taking our chances before the other team score. We have lost 3 out of 5 games this season, but the fact is that in 2 of these 3 losses we were the better team and missed chances cost us big time.

IMO we are heading in the right direction ..... but we must defend corners better and be more clinical in front of goal.

Not clinical enough definitely ............. mince? ..... a tad harsh IMO.

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 12:07 PM
You take me too seriously Silv ...that ****ing drum kept me awake ..

As was pointed out last night there was a guy from Pluto sitting next to Sec 43 and the drummer and young lads had a go at him to up shut up but he wasn't listening so the volume was turned up by the drummer to make sure melted guy couldn't be heard and they done a great job, time to have two drummers me thinks.

MSK
27-08-2014, 12:13 PM
As was pointed out last night there was a guy from Pluto sitting next to Sec 43 and the drummer and young lads had a go at him to up shut up but he wasn't listening so the volume was turned up by the drummer to make sure melted guy couldn't be heard and they done a great job, time to have two drummers me thinks.It was ****ing loud anyway Silv ...the coffee was almost jumping out my cup with every thud ...how the f is a man meant tae sleep at a game through that racket !! :grr:

macd123
27-08-2014, 12:52 PM
How many of these shots were on target last night, yeah we were cruising that game last night in the first 80 minutes :rolleyes: Nish won everything in the air that was punted up to him and was causing us all sorts of problems, Murray handed us the game when he took Nish off.

Just because we didn't score doesn't mean we were dreadful. Dumbarton and nish had 3 attempts in 90 minutes. Hardly all sorts of problems.

sesoim
27-08-2014, 01:00 PM
If we could sign good players in the positions that Handling and Harris play, that would be a great step forward. Harris HAS the ability, but has completely lost confidence. Handling, well, I've never thought he was good enough (the odd fancy touch is nowhere near enough).

I don't rate Robertson or Craig either (unless he is further forward), but because they are on higher wages I don't see us being able to offload them (and sign replacements) before the end of the season.

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Just because we didn't score doesn't mean we were dreadful. Dumbarton and nish had 3 attempts in 90 minutes. Hardly all sorts of problems.

Okay then we were just poor for the biggest majority of the game, as the home team against a bunch of part timers you would think we would have had more possession during the 90 minutes surely, yes we won the game but we can't continue gifting teams the first goal and hope we have a good spell in the last 12-15 minutes, not every team will throw a 2 goal lead away.

macd123
27-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Okay then we were just poor for the biggest majority of the game, as the home team against a bunch of part timers you would think we would have had more possession during the 90 minutes surely, yes we won the game but we can't continue gifting teams the first goal and hope we have a good spell in the last 12-15 minutes, not every team will throw a 2 goal lead away.

You are right about the goals, that is the key thing but i just don't think our general play was that bad.

ancient hibee
27-08-2014, 06:13 PM
That team last night had 7 players new from last season-I'm amazed at the number of people who don't seem to realise that they make take a little time to gell.

gegs70
27-08-2014, 09:31 PM

Gray
Kennedy
Allan
Farid

The following were poor-

Robertson
Harris
Handling

Sometimes players need to be dropped to the bench to realise they need to improve or build up confidence. However due to having a slight squad we really dont have that luxury. The difference between Kennedy and Harris is huge.... I forgot what a real winger looks like.