PDA

View Full Version : Well done the fans

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Stayed with the team even when we went 2 down, we really must be the greatest fans going, well done the drummer and the section up in 43 in the East, hope the players took note of the backing they got tonight.

Jonnyboy
26-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Stayed with the team even when we went 2 down, we really must be the greatest fans going, well done the drummer and the section up in 43 in the East, hope the players took note of the backing they got tonight.

:agree: Outstanding backing

silverhibee
Not all were great though, booing Nish off the park.

EVENTUALLY

Agreed. Came over from the West to the East tonight and thought the crowd in there were very supportive of the team. Forster impressed tonight, great pick out cross for 2nd goal.

Jonnyboy
26-08-2014, 10:00 PM

I know. Maybe that was the Dumbarton fans? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
I was really pleased with the support tonight.

I didn't hear anyone getting abuse and although there were only 5000 at the game, the atmosphere during the comeback was terrific.

I hope this continues. The team will benefit if it does.

Danderhall Hibs

:agree: and a good round of applause for Nishy as well (after the initial boos).

I missed DVZs standing ovation - the boy was so humble he just bolted off the pitch as quick as he could.

Tom Hart RIP
Alan Stubbs made a point of mentioning the fans in the after match press conference.
He said their backing drove the players on and encouraged them to attack.

Saturday Boy
26-08-2014, 10:01 PM

I thought that was just to remind him of his time at Hibs?

Good atmosphere tonight with 5066, maybe most of the boo boys were at home crashing the .net server:wink:

emerald green
26-08-2014, 10:01 PM

But wait... that can't be right surely? I thought Hibs fans were the worst in the country? :cb

Seriously though, they were brilliant and unless I'm going corned beef I didn't hear any serious booing, if any?

DaveF
26-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Will echo the OP. The drummer and his singing section were giving full backing all night.

I swear there was some clapping from the West Upper as well :dizzy:

Argylehibby
26-08-2014, 10:09 PM
But wait... that can't be right surely? I thought Hibs fans were the worst in the country? :cb

Seriously though, they were brilliant and unless I'm going corned beef I didn't hear any serious booing, if any?

:agree: Fans were great tonight, just shows what the team can do when they get the backing rather than the booing :wink:

PatHead
26-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Commented on it at the game. Well done S43 you kept going through the dark times.

Lets hope the team can push on from here.

frazeHFC
26-08-2014, 10:11 PM
That was absolutely brilliant. It got louder as the Dumbarton goals went in, which is very rare to see at most grounds. Glad us, the fans, were rewarded by seeing a fantastic comeback. Buzzing after that!

Chuck Rhoades
26-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Stuck by the team throughout. Not easy, and don't blame the anyone for not wanting to after what we've been put through recently but that's how it always should be IMO. Getting them over the line. Hopefully they can start coming out the traps quicker and giving us something to cheer about rather than us digging deep constantly.

Hail Hail.

hibbymick
26-08-2014, 10:16 PM
:agree: and a good round of applause for Nishy as well (after the initial boos).

I missed DVZs standing ovation - the boy was so humble he just bolted off the pitch as quick as he could.

I wasnt sure why folk would applaud him now when more than likely they booed him when he was a Hibs player.

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Will echo the OP. The drummer and his singing section were giving full backing all night.

I swear there was some clapping from the West Upper as well :dizzy:

That was Deek. :greengrin

down-the-slope
I thought that was just to remind him of his time at Hibs?

Good atmosphere tonight with 5066, maybe most of the boo boys were at home crashing the .net server:wink:

:tee hee:

Danderhall Hibs
I wasnt sure why folk would applaud him now when more than likely they booed him when he was a Hibs player.

Cos they think it makes them look like a real fan.

Same goes for Taiwo the other day.

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 10:21 PM
That was absolutely brilliant. It got louder as the Dumbarton goals went in, which is very rare to see at most grounds. Glad us, the fans, were rewarded by seeing a fantastic comeback. Buzzing after that!

I'm getting to old for this bouncing about. :thumbsup:

Well done tonight. :wink: :greengrin :cb

Jonnyboy
26-08-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm getting to old for this bouncing about. :thumbsup:

Well done tonight. :wink: :greengrin :cb

:whistle:

givescotlandfreedom
26-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Commented on it at the game. Well done S43 you kept going through the dark times.

Lets hope the team can push on from here.

Yes great backing from the singing section for the whole game. I don't boo but can't say I felt like showing their commitment whilst 2-0 down.

Heisenberg
26-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Farid El Alagui ‏@ElAlagui (https://twitter.com/ElAlagui) 15m (https://twitter.com/ElAlagui/status/504392824885088256) And thank you to all fans for your patience. I know it's not easy for you guys but keep backing us up we need you a lot especially now!!

NAE NOOKIE
26-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Just back after negotiating the dirt track from Edinburgh to Gala they have the cheek to call a road.

Anyway .......... http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif to section 43 for keeping it going even at 2 - 0 they were brilliant all night. The atmosphere in the last 20 minutes was great.

yankyhibby
26-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Well done all my fellow Hibby's. I was not there, but I like to think that your vocal encouragement paid off in the end...........if only just!

yankyhibby
26-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Farid El Alagui ‏@ElAlagui (https://twitter.com/ElAlagui) 15m (https://twitter.com/ElAlagui/status/504392824885088256) And thank you to all fans for your patience. I know it's not easy for you guys but keep backing us up we need you a lot especially now!!

Hey, thank you, Farid. Congratulations on bailing us out......again!

Bay Area Hibees
26-08-2014, 10:50 PM
In Edinburgh for few days from America. Delighted with fight back. Well done to fans.
Thought kennedy was outstanding, beat his (two) men numerous times and never lost possession.

Mikey09
26-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Cos they think it makes them look like a real fan.

Same goes for Taiwo the other day.

Absolutely correct. It's the "right thing to do to make guys feel like a proper fan." Deary me.... Same ones who reveled in him being the scapegoat when he was playing for hibs!!! You couldn't make this **** up...

Lendo
26-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Seemed to a large tourist contingent in the East near the back. They kept cheering even at two nill

Shrekko
26-08-2014, 11:06 PM
I thought the backing was amazing tonight and the team really responded.

It does help when you can see guys like David Gray out there not accepting defeat and trying to make things happen- think the fans felt good about seeing things like that.

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 11:20 PM

Worst in the world, heckling and booing them from the first minute, .net fact now. :agree: :hibees:greengrin

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Seemed to a large tourist contingent in the East near the back. They kept cheering even at two nill

They looked like they were having a great time up the back, plenty photos being taken on there fancy cameras and phones, :greengrin hope they come back :agree:

Stantons Angel
26-08-2014, 11:27 PM
i just hope that those so called fans that walked out on the team at 2-0 down are happy with the way they supported their team tonight.

Last season at least half that 5k crowd would have been heading for the exits but most tonight stayed with them and were treated to the fightback we would never have seen last season.

We were still awful but in the end we got the result we wanted. Well done Hibs and those supporters who stayed with them!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-08-2014, 11:30 PM

Gooey knows the score! :agree:

And well done Sammy. Class son.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-08-2014, 11:32 PM

:agree:

The Harp
27-08-2014, 12:00 AM

Yeah, the fans gave the team great backing tonight, particularly the guys in section 43 area. The players stuck to their task too. I'd like to think the volume of noise created, assisted the players in keeping their heads up.
All in all, a great 12 minutes or thereabouts for us all ... now to work on the other 78!!!:wink:

matty_f
27-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Can't fault the fans last night, gave great backing throughout and were patient when the team needed to go backwards to keep the ball. Even at 0-2 down, we were behind the team and we definitely gave the team extra momentum in that last ten minutes to go on and win the match. You could see some players lifted with the crowd encouraging them on, Gray, Forster and Kennedy especially seemed to find extra in their tank to push on in that final part of the match.

It would be great if the club used their official account on here to come on and comment on the difference that support made.

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Can't fault the fans last night, gave great backing throughout and were patient when the team needed to go backwards to keep the ball. Even at 0-2 down, we were behind the team and we definitely gave the team extra momentum in that last ten minutes to go on and win the match. You could see some players lifted with the crowd encouraging them on, Gray, Forster and Kennedy especially seemed to find extra in their tank to push on in that final part of the match.

It would be great if the club used their official account on here to come on and comment on the difference that support made.

Has anyone PMd the official account?

MSK
27-08-2014, 07:14 AM

It would be great if the club used their official account on here to come on and comment on the difference that support made.Well they have just read this thread ..its a start ...:greengrin

matty_f
27-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Has anyone PMd the official account?

Dunno! :dunno:

Try it!

bingo70
27-08-2014, 07:20 AM
Anyone see a group of folk that I think were Chinese in the east stand. Pressume they were tourists as they all had cameras. Anyway when the second half started they were going absolutely bonkers, girl was screaming every time we crossed the half way line and at full time they were jumping about going nuts.

Looked like they were having a great time.

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Dunno! :dunno:

Try it!

What's the account name?

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2014, 09:08 AM
[QU OTE=bingo70;4143584]Anyone see a group of folk that I think were Chinese in the east stand. Pressume they were tourists as they all had cameras. Anyway when the second half started they were going absolutely bonkers, girl was screaming every time we crossed the half way line and at full time they were jumping about going nuts.

Looked like they were having a great time.[/QUOTE]
Noticed them going up the steps to the back of the stand. Glad they enjoyed themselves. That's a market we should be tapping into.

matty_f
27-08-2014, 09:12 AM
What's the account name?

OfficialHFC (iirc)

bingo70
27-08-2014, 09:29 AM
[QU OTE=bingo70;4143584]Anyone see a group of folk that I think were Chinese in the east stand. Pressume they were tourists as they all had cameras. Anyway when the second half started they were going absolutely bonkers, girl was screaming every time we crossed the half way line and at full time they were jumping about going nuts.

Looked like they were having a great time.
Noticed them going up the steps to the back of the stand. Glad they enjoyed themselves. That's a market we should be tapping into.[/QUOTE]

What, the Chinese?

Aye, there's loads of them so to tap into that market would be ace.

oconnors_strip
27-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Only one negative from the fans...... The smoke bomb or whatever it was let off at the end of match in section 43. Some fans thought the lights were on fire in the roof of the east stand and now the club will get a fine.

I had some tourists/students sitting near me and they loved it from the first whistle. Think I heard one of them say they will be back :)

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Only one negative from the fans...... The smoke bomb or whatever it was let off at the end of match in section 43. Some fans thought the lights were on fire in the roof of the east stand and now the club will get a fine.

I had some tourists/students sitting near me and they loved it from the first whistle. Think I heard one of them say they will be back :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPhWkCcfTk :greengrin

That was some old dude having a puff on his vapour and he won't do it again :greengrin

The Japanese tourist fans were great and looked like they were having a great time, hope they come back and spread the word to there friends that ER is the only place to be to watch some football in the Capital.

overdrive
27-08-2014, 12:35 PM
I refuse to believe this. We have the worst fans in the world who are solely to blame for the team's poor form and relegation (or so we are told) :wink:

Smartie
27-08-2014, 01:24 PM
I think that there's a wee bit of revisionism going on in relation to how good the fans were last night but for me the game really highlighted to link between what's going on on the pitch and off it.

We weren't hopeless for 75 minutes. We had plenty of the ball, struggling to create clear-cut chances but not really under any pressure at the other end either. The atmosphere was largely quiet as you'd expect from a crowd of 5000.

Then we lost 2 goals and the frustration levels increased. Not vitriolic (as has sometimes happened) and nobody really left that early but there were a fair few grumbles around.

Then we scored and it was game on again and the crowd responded accordingly.

My point is that it's a 2-way street - the players give us something to shout about, we shout about it. If they don't we don't.

Saturday was horribly predictable - I thought we were immense in the first half and did everything but score. Because it was a situation we had seen last year (remember the LC derby at home) when the goal didn't go it, frustration increased and the players and the fans fell away. I honestly do think that the fans have contributed greatly to these horrible defeats in important games.

Last night was for me very significant. If we'd gone on to lose that game you could understand that the belief might go. But we got back into the game from a tricky situation, and the players have no reason to doubt that they can create and score. The fans need to share that belief.

If we could only learn to defend corners we'd be just about there.

It is so much better than last year it is unbelievable. Talk of "keeping the faith" has never been truer.

The_Horde
27-08-2014, 01:39 PM

That was some old dude having a puff on his vapour and he won't do it again :greengrin

The Japanese tourist fans were great and looked like they were having a great time, hope they come back and spread the word to there friends that ER is the only place to be to watch some football in the Capital.

Hope that plumb sitting behind you just stays away. Glad the negative tool missed the comeback.

I suppose, going by his apparent expertise (the space is there, THERE HE IS, SHOOT), he'll be managing a premiership side most Saturdays..

frazeHFC
27-08-2014, 02:02 PM
;4144028']Hope that plumb sitting behind you just stays away. Glad the negative tool missed the comeback.

I suppose, going by his apparent expertise (the space is there, THERE HE IS, SHOOT), he'll be managing a premiership side most Saturdays..

He was embarrassing. I was just to the left of him and behind. Some of the stuff he was shouting was hilarious. :hilarious 'Why you no passing it wide you ****ing idiot!!' Then when he passed it wide he'd shout 'why you passing to him!!'

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 02:24 PM
;4144028']Hope that plumb sitting behind you just stays away. Glad the negative tool missed the comeback.

Pluto man, " SHOOOOOOT F***ING SHOOOOOOT, WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU SHOOTING FOR, GET IT WIDE YA F***ING IDIOT.

These guys no there stuff, part of the Terry Butcher shouting academy, and they left early :faf: but not before the seat got a kicking. :tee hee:

Jonnyboy
27-08-2014, 02:25 PM

:cb

I watched the Japanese tourists when it was 2-2 and S43 was giving it laldy. They were jumping about, clapping and having a great time :greengrin

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 02:28 PM
He was embarrassing. I was just to the left of him and behind. Some of the stuff he was shouting was hilarious. :hilarious 'Why you no passing it wide you ****ing idiot!!' Then when he passed it wide he'd shout 'why you passing to him!!'

Not the smartest of folk. :agree: :greengrin

Canongatehibs
27-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Overheard a jumbo today saying his evening was brilliant until he heard our final score (presumably cause his team, Maribor and his hun cousins all won).