PDA

View Full Version : Not At The Game Tonight

HibernianJK
26-08-2014, 09:53 PM
I wasn't at the game tonight but I am seeing a lot of differing opinions on the game. A lot of people saying we were dreadful and a lot of people saying we dominated the game and always looked the better team.

What were peoples perspective on the game tonight and was there any individual standouts?

OsloHibs
26-08-2014, 09:59 PM
After we scored, it was like the players knew they could get more and they just went for it. When the 3rd goal went in the place erupted, the players & goalie all celebrated together. It was like this is what they've been waiting for.. I hope they take this confidence into the next game. I never thought they would end up winning- that says it all, eh.

Hiber-nation
26-08-2014, 10:07 PM
We were too pedestrian and our crossing was absolutely dreadful again....until Gray's excellent cross for the first goal. Then the confidence started growing and we were bombarding them, with Gray playing an inspirational role. Again another good ball into the box by Forster for El Alagui's 2nd. Their left back was awful and no coincidence that all 3 goals came from that side.

Keep up the crossing practice and it might all come good.

Cauld Bovril
26-08-2014, 10:30 PM
I thought we dominated the game without looking like scoring, until the last 15 or so minutes obviously. Kennedy looks like he will worry most defences in this league and could set up a barrowload of goals for Farid. I liked the look of Allen when he was closer to the opposition box, driving at defenders looking to make things happen.
Forster was constantly on at team mates and was demanding the ball all the time from Oxley. Great ball in for Farid's second too.
Gray was my MOM though, his runs to the byeline late in the second half were a joy to watch and were the catalyst for our win tonight. And that tackle by the east, i can still hear the thud now.
It wasn't happening for Robertson, Handling or Harris but, to their credit, they never hid and were always making themselves available for a pass.
Although we lost two, scrappy goals, I can't remember the defence being cut open easily too often, if at all.
Fontaine looked solid in the first half but had one or two shaky moments in the second. It can't have been easy for him being thrown straight in tonight be he coped well enough.
It wasn't a world beating performance but it was heartening to see a bit of guts shown to win the game and some great finishing. Eventually.
Two up front is a must for the Alloa game, we looked so much more dangerous when Cummings came on.
Oh and my daughter said the drummer is annoying but I thought he was doing a great job!

HappyAsHellas
26-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Kennedy was named MOTM again, although I thought Allen was the stand out, just like Saturday. Gray was always willing to drive forward, but his lack of support from Harris who wouldn't get out wide at the right times is something we can improve on. In the first half we should have scored a couple at least. Handling mis controlled an excellent ball into the box which split their defence wide open. Great determination to get the win, and no one gave up or hid, even when things weren't going too well. Thoroughly deserved win, although we have to start punishing teams earlier on.

SunshineOnLeith
26-08-2014, 10:54 PM
I wasn't at the game tonight but I am seeing a lot of differing opinions on the game. A lot of people saying we were dreadful and a lot of people saying we dominated the game and always looked the better team.

What were peoples perspective on the game tonight and was there any individual standouts?

Both opinions are correct, in my opinion. We did control the game - Dumbarton made no attempt to stop us from doing so - but until we went 2-0 down there was no movement in the final third and every second ball was being won by a Dumbarton player, Hibs just didn't look interested.

Massive credit to the players for a stirring comeback, though.

Frogga
26-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Both opinions are correct, in my opinion. We did control the game - Dumbarton made no attempt to stop us from doing so - but until we went 2-0 down there was no movement in the final third and every second ball was being won by a Dumbarton player, Hibs just didn't look interested.

Massive credit to the players for a stirring comeback, though.

I would totally agree with that :agree:

Bobo
26-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Nobody should be misled by the final result because with the exception of the last 15 minutes Hibs were very poor and put in a sub-standard performance tonight against a team of part time no marks.

Everything was so laboured with no passion, desire or belief and the standard of the final ball was as poor as ever! Our first goal thankfully sparked us into life and for the first time we looked a threat going forward although against better opponents I doubt we'd have pulled it off.

We certainly have a player in Kennedy who was very good again tonight, likewise so was Allan, who will be our main man once he starts making better decisions and starts to play the simple passes a little more often. Gray led by example and kept trying to drive us forward down the right hand side, I think he is a good choice as captain.

IMO Plenty on work needing done yet to get us half way decent and challenging for promotion, another striker and a bit of grit in midfield would go a long way to improving things.

davhibby
26-08-2014, 11:26 PM
We had a lot of the ball but there wasn't enough movement in the final third. The two Dumbarton goals were really poor goals to lose. However, Cummings added something up frith and Stanton was much better than he has been so far this season. The goals were all very good. So there were positives but also things we need to keep working at. We need to push on from this now though

Sir David Gray
26-08-2014, 11:30 PM
First time in years I've booed the ref, thought he was shocking.
I thought we passed the ball about well and the players resisted the temptation to launch it.
With 20 minutes to go I started to worry, up to that point I thought we could win.
Having said that I saw a few head for the exit and I couldn't blame them.
It's more frustration just now because things aren't happening but we are improving.

I was shocked the bbc had us 47% against 53% to Dumbarton, I thought we held the ball loads.
18 shots at goal and another 2 goals for Farid.
Again some standout performances makes the atmosphere a tiny bit better at ER,
Roll on the Alloa.

Do you not bother going to the games that are refereed by Craig Thomson then?

:wink:

greenlex
27-08-2014, 12:13 AM
First time in years I've booed the ref, thought he was shocking.
I thought we passed the ball about well and the players resisted the temptation to launch it.
With 20 minutes to go I started to worry, up to that point I thought we could win.
Having said that I saw a few head for the exit and I couldn't blame them.
It's more frustration just now because things aren't happening but we are improving.

I was shocked the bbc had us 47% against 53% to Dumbarton, I thought we held the ball loads.
18 shots at goal and another 2 goals for Farid.
Again some standout performances makes the atmosphere a tiny bit better at ER,
Roll on the Alloa.
There is no way on Gods earth those possession stats are right..

GreenLake
27-08-2014, 12:27 AM
I couldn't even listen to the game on a week of diving, but relieved to find out the team made a big comeback tonight. How often do we have loads of shots and our opposition score the first chance they get. Makes me sick. Maybe this is a turning point in our luck. Can't wait to see a game streamed live and I hope HibsTV has got their new video gear all worked out by the next home game.

KeithTheHibby
27-08-2014, 10:06 AM
BBC stats had us with only 47% possession? Doesn't sound right...

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2014, 10:32 AM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/27/3da586a11a05888c588e493d667ee905.jpg

KeithTheHibby
27-08-2014, 10:44 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28846861

Miles apart?! Given the fact I was at the game I think I trust sky stats!

Billy Whizz
27-08-2014, 10:45 AM

Dumbarton score 2 goals from 3 corners

worcesterhibby
27-08-2014, 10:51 AM

BBC stats are almost always total guff…I'm sure they just randomly generate them. At one point last year their report said that the opposition keeper had made five amazing saves, yet the stats said we had no shots on target. It's all rubbish.

brog
27-08-2014, 05:13 PM
BBC stats are almost always total guff…I'm sure they just randomly generate them. At one point last year their report said that the opposition keeper had made five amazing saves, yet the stats said we had no shots on target. It's all rubbish.

Agreed! Even Alan Preston, who was actually complimentary about us last night, said we had about 70% possession.

ancient hibee
27-08-2014, 05:29 PM
I couldn't even listen to the game on a week of diving, but relieved to find out the team made a big comeback tonight. How often do we have loads of shots and our opposition score the first chance they get. Makes me sick. Maybe this is a turning point in our luck. Can't wait to see a game streamed live and I hope HibsTV has got their new video gear all worked out by the next home game.

No luck involved-just started to play as they can.