PDA

View Full Version : Question What am i paying for???

nic81
26-08-2014, 08:45 PM
First time the site has worked at a normal-ish speed, constantly getting kicked off this evening, can you remind me why you want PM money??

The Green Goblin
26-08-2014, 08:50 PM
First time the site has worked at a normal-ish speed, constantly getting kicked off this evening, can you remind me why you want PM money??

Private membership works out at 2.7p per day. Worth making a fuss over?

lapsedhibee
26-08-2014, 08:56 PM

Can't actually see this post as the site's playing up a bit this evening - presume it says "Congratulations on the fightback, Hibs", something like that?

Northernhibee
26-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Maybe we can boo the server into performing better? :greengrin:

Jim44
26-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Maybe there's a case for blocking out guests during matches. 2,500 guests on at the moment yet nothing to gloat about.

nic81
26-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Bit of a brass neck really, pay towards the up keep of the site but the guests have their feet well and truly under the table................

And as for congratulations, aye lets be delighted with the result eh

marinello59
26-08-2014, 09:03 PM

The Admin team share your frustration at the problems we have had tonight and can only apologise. (And yes, each and every one of us pay our tenners as well.) Obviously we will take a look at what has gone wrong, sorry again.

hibsmum
26-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Having problems trying to sign in to site, taking so long getting error messages!

Aaron
26-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Maybe there's a case for blocking out guests during matches. 2,500 guests on at the moment yet nothing to gloat about.

I would agree. Most websites have this problem when they are overloaded with users therefor slows the whole site. I am not sure Hibs.net server capacity though so I can't bee 100% sure.

Some other forums I participate in give priority to paying members, then regulars with 100+ posts, then members only during busy times.

Bostonhibby
26-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Same problem here - kicked out multiple times, problems getting back in, at one point when I did get in and couldn't access threads I am sure I seen 1441 guests (?) ah well, put it down to experience.....

Pretty Boy
26-08-2014, 09:09 PM
I'll echo M59s apology.

I was pretty frustrated as I was trying to get in to boot guests and kept getting a database error preventing me doing so.

Whilst obviously things like tonight are annoying, and will be looked at, I'm sure most will agree Private Membership is generally good value for money both for using this site and the excess that goes to Hibs.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-08-2014, 09:10 PM
The Admin team share your frustration at the problems we have had tonight and can only apologise. (And yes, each and every one of us pay our tenners as well.) Obviously we will take a look at what has gone wrong, sorry again.

Firstly respect to the admins who have a thankless task and give up their free time to make this site what it is and in my view the best a Hibee can get and that's why I'll continue to give my support.

with regards to tonight...
I can't pretend to speak for all PMs but I can appreciate that gremlins happen what was puzzling was to see the guest numbers actually increase whilst the outages persisted for me an other Pms when I and others are under the impression that the punting order then is applied. ThT didn't appear to be the case although I accept perhaps the guest count could have been misleading.

Stranraer
26-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Hardly the end of the world. When over 2,000 Yams are piling onto the site it's obviously going to cause a few problems.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Anyone else still finding the site slow, thankfully no database errors but still very slow for me?

MyJo
26-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Bit of a brass neck really, pay towards the up keep of the site but the guests have their feet well and truly under the table................

And as for congratulations, aye lets be delighted with the result eh

Yeah I absolutely raging that we won........... Seriously, get a smegging grip

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2014, 09:15 PM
1444 guests @ 21:34pm

2796 guests @ 21:56pm

that's a heck of a spike !!

3655 on all forums at 22:10pm

nic81
26-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah I absolutely raging that we won........... Seriously, get a smegging grip

Am i glad we won, of course but i am nowhere near delighted....relieved and tired of the same crap...

I was under the impression that PM didnt have these issues hence the post guys, thanks for the replies

Golden Bear
26-08-2014, 09:19 PM
It's obviously the fault of the owner and the Board. That's the only logical explanation. Ain't it?!

brog
26-08-2014, 09:20 PM
1444 guests @ 21:34pm

2796 guests @ 21:56pm

that's a heck of a spike !!

3655 on all forums at 22:10pm

If those were Yams logging on then they're masochists! :greengrin
Well done Hibs & AS!

Alfred E Newman

I don't think I'm the only one Jim , but on my iPad I have to log on every time I open the page. It means when you try to come back on I think you register as a guest . Bloody nuisance.

Jim44
Over 3000 folk on here but it's lightning fast at this very moment.

Pretty Boy
26-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Over 3000 folk on here but it's lightning fast at this very moment.

Guests booted for the moment.

Alfred E Newman
26-08-2014, 09:22 PM
It's obviously the fault of the owner and the Board. That's the only logical explanation. Ain't it?!

:agree:

EH6 Hibby
26-08-2014, 09:26 PM
I don't think I'm the only one Jim , but on my iPad I have to log on every time I open the page. It means when you try to come back on I think you register as a guest . Bloody nuisance.

That's strange, my ipad is the same. It doesn't happen on my iphone though. I thought it was just me.

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2014, 09:26 PM
If those were Yams logging on then they're masochists! :greengrin
Well done Hibs & AS!

i don't think guests user names show up if they are not logged on, we would see lots of horrible pink usernames if so :agree: but i'm quite sure a few yamboids were lurking, hoping...and praying :greengrin

Eyrie
26-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Personally I pay my tenner to support .net and regard getting priority over the guests as a bonus.

down-the-slope
26-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Guests booted for the moment.

I feel special :greengrin

lucky
26-08-2014, 09:31 PM
It's hardly major. A tenner to support the main Hibs fans website which has regularly donated cash or equipment to our club

Speedy
26-08-2014, 09:37 PM
My first thought when I couldn't get in was "FFS, here we go again".

Not because I was annoyed at the site but because I knew the site would be in melted because we were getting beat :greengrin

MyJo
26-08-2014, 09:39 PM
My first thought when I couldn't get in was "FFS, here we go again".

Not because I was annoyed at the site but because I knew the site would be in melted because we were getting beat :greengrin

When we lost the first goal i stopped checking for updates here because i knew what was coming :agree:

ionahibby
26-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Why don't we make the site login only and not allow guests? Seems harsh but it doesn't take long to create a login and plus it would keep all the yams out!

hibee
26-08-2014, 09:45 PM

Have you tried using the Tapatalk app instead of a browser?

Speedy
26-08-2014, 10:07 PM
When we lost the first goal i stopped checking for updates here because i knew what was coming :agree:

I checked 3 times. 1-0 down, 2-0 down, 3-2 up :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
26-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Lots of 'wonga' generated from our guests to be donated to the Hibs youth set up no doubt :top marks

heidtheba
26-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Personally I pay my tenner to support .net and regard getting priority over the guests as a bonus.

This - and I was partly to blame, I keep forgetting to log in unless I'm posting.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2014, 10:16 PM
If more folk had went to the match they wouldn't have needed to be on here and thus the server wouldn't have crashed.

dp00
26-08-2014, 10:42 PM
In all my years on hibs.net I think I've not been able to get in maybe twice. That's amazing for a site run by volunteers.

We pay £10 I reckon it's great value for money.

There is always the risk of sites being slow , it happens to even the biggest company's

Keep up the good work guys and gals

Benny Brazil
26-08-2014, 10:54 PM
In all my years on hibs.net I think I've not been able to get in maybe twice. That's amazing for a site run by volunteers.

We pay £10 I reckon it's great value for money.

There is always the risk of sites being slow , it happens to even the biggest company's

Keep up the good work guys and gals

:top marks

Lucius Apuleius
27-08-2014, 08:41 AM
I reckon ine of my devices is logged in 24/7 or near enough. Never been booted off. Wonder what people would think if we were back in the early days of erin web when all we got was a te t update every couple of minutes. Them were the days!

The Gorf
27-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Sh-t happens. Get over it. I didn't like the poster last night who said " c'mon admin pricks". What was all that about. There's frustration and there's just downright rudeness. That "post" shouldn't have been allowed.:confused:

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2014, 08:48 AM
sh-t happens. Get over it. I didn't like the poster last night who said " c'mon admin pricks". What was all that about. There's frustration and there's just downright rudeness. that "post" shouldn't have been allowed.:confused:

whoosh. :greengrin

marinello59
27-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Sh-t happens. Get over it. I didn't like the poster last night who said " c'mon admin pricks". What was all that about. There's frustration and there's just downright rudeness. That "post" shouldn't have been allowed.:confused:

I'll try. :greengrin

Big Frank
27-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Just disable guests eg from 1hour before matchtime to say 2 hours post match - make it a standard.
:confused:
(I say "just" from the point of view of a complete luddite :greengrin)

Anyhoo, the site defs still gets a :top marksfrom me despite all the admin pricks :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
27-08-2014, 09:43 AM

If you had been on here long you too would come to the conclusion that admins are pricks. ;-)

The Gorf
27-08-2014, 09:48 AM
If you had been on here long you too would come to the conclusion that admins are pricks. ;-)
I was on all the time until it wouldn't load/refresh.
i don't let things like that bother me.
i just went on to the BBC site and followed it live.

Keith_M
27-08-2014, 09:51 AM
I love the smell of a rant at the Admin Pr1cks in the morning!

:greengrin