PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Consultation Evenings-Registration Invite

millarco
25-08-2014, 05:52 PM
https://hibernianconsultation.co.uk/index.html#home

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4762

Following on from Leeann's interviews last week and her announcement at the Working Together meeting in July, the first phase of supporter consultation will begin next week. Follow the top link above to register for one of 3 meetings, which will take place on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Following these meetings a wider process will begin involving a comprehensive online survey and series of other engagement points, which will hopefully capture the views and opinions of as many Hibs fans as possible.

I've been invited to chair the 3 meetings and help drive forward the process of supporter consultation and engagement, and I genuinely believe it's a great opportunity to influence the future of our club. For too long there's been a divide between management and the supporters, hopefully this can be the start of the process of bridging that gap and building a more successful club.

Cheers,

Colin

Jonnyboy
25-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Done

NW
25-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Done

Ozyhibby
25-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Done.
A good initiative.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Colin, firstly I welcome this.

Can I ask how the results/feedback will be fedback to the support?
Fife ran some sessions but then there was nothing - I don't think this will be the case here but it would be good to hear from the outset what plans there are for sharing.

As a club across the board (no pun intended) we need to learn lessons from the past - we seem to struggle on that front. So what better way to demonstrate than by documenting and sharing what was raised so we are transparent and show how we acknowledge and move forward.

millarco
25-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Colin, firstly I welcome this.

Can I ask how the results/feedback will be fedback to the support?
Fife ran some sessions but then there was nothing - I don't think this will be the case here but it would be good to hear from the outset what plans there are for sharing.

As a club across the board (no pun intended) we need to learn lessons from the past - we seem to struggle on that front. So what better way to demonstrate than by documenting and sharing what was raised so we are transparent and show how we acknowledge and move forward.

Completely agree. Communications from the club has been a big issue for a while, and I get the impression Leeann wants to address this (she's from a marketing/comms background so no doubt appreciates this). It's probably just been put to the side in the short-term as the team will have taken priority (albeit the website relaunched and seems to have been a success).

For the initial meetings next week I gather there'll be a report of some sort on the official website, and you'd imagine a lot of supporters on here will be in attendance. I'll try post updates on here as well. Beyond that (online survey etc) I don't know for sure, but would expect there'll be something more formal through the website as well as informally at Working Together and other supporter meetings. I'd certainly like to see the likes of .net and the Bounce used a bit more by the club to communicate information, though that maybe needs to be managed-we wouldn't want or expect our chief exec to be spending all her time on here instead of getting on with the rest of her job.

Will also be a priority to consider how to disseminate the results to those not online.

Sorry that's not overly specific, will take note and try to address that at the meetings at least.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Completely agree. Communications from the club has been a big issue for a while, and I get the impression Leeann wants to address this (she's from a marketing/comms background so no doubt appreciates this). It's probably just been put to the side in the short-term as the team will have taken priority (albeit the website relaunched and seems to have been a success).

For the initial meetings next week I gather there'll be a report of some sort on the official website, and you'd imagine a lot of supporters on here will be in attendance. I'll try post updates on here as well. Beyond that (online survey etc) I don't know for sure, but would expect there'll be something more formal through the website as well as informally at Working Together and other supporter meetings. I'd certainly like to see the likes of .net and the Bounce used a bit more by the club to communicate information, though that maybe needs to be managed-we wouldn't want or expect our chief exec to be spending all her time on here instead of getting on with the rest of her job.

Will also be a priority to consider how to disseminate the results to those not online.

Sorry that's not overly specific, will take note and try to address that at the meetings at least.

Colin, think the dates above, are different to the ones on the registration site

millarco
25-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Colin, think the dates above, are different to the ones on the registration site

What dates are you getting?

Noticed on my phone earlier that one screen had Friday, Monday, Tuesday in the narrative, but when it came to registering it was correct with Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (1st, 2nd and 3rd). It seems fine on my laptop so maybe just a bug on the mobile version.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2014, 07:12 PM
What dates are you getting?

Noticed on my phone earlier that one screen had Friday, Monday, Tuesday in the narrative, but when it came to registering it was correct with Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (1st, 2nd and 3rd). It seems fine on my laptop so maybe just a bug on the mobile version.

Seems to have been fixed now thanks. When I checked 20 minutes ago it gave me the option of Friday, Monday or Tuesday. Now changed to Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday

PatHead
25-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Done

BroxburnHibee
25-08-2014, 07:23 PM
I can't make it there on time otherwise I would have registered.

I've been to a few of these in the past and one of the big problems about them IMO is people not showing up.

Have the club set a 200 limit knowing that probably only 50 will show???

Seen it happen time and time again.

millarco
25-08-2014, 07:49 PM
I can't make it there on time otherwise I would have registered.

I've been to a few of these in the past and one of the big problems about them IMO is people not showing up.

Have the club set a 200 limit knowing that probably only 50 will show???

Seen it happen time and time again.

Hopefully that's not the case but know that's happened in the past. I think they're hopeful of big turnouts-if the number of e-mails Leeann receives, or comments on here/Twitter are anything to by we should fill the slots no problem. Important to give people the chance to have their say, and if they don't turn up we can just have smaller sessions with those that do. Either way there will be plenty of opportunities for people to contribute. And on the plus side the drinks and buffet might stretch that bit further!

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Hopefully that's not the case but know that's happened in the past. I think they're hopeful of big turnouts-if the number of e-mails Leeann receives, or comments on here/Twitter are anything to by we should fill the slots no problem. Important to give people the chance to have their say, and if they don't turn up we can just have smaller sessions with those that do. Either way there will be plenty of opportunities for people to contribute. And on the plus side the drinks and buffet might stretch that bit further!

Will all Board members be in attendance?

millarco
25-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Will all Board members be in attendance?

I don't know which board members will be there, will ask and report back on here.

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2014, 08:09 PM
I don't know which board members will be there, will ask and report back on here.

Thank you

NW
25-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Thank you

Is Monday not deadline day and surely Leeann will be doing deals? I did find it an odd day to start

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Is Monday not deadline day and surely Leeann will be doing deals? I did find it an odd day to start

Maybe we plan to do our Business before Monday?

NW
25-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Maybe we plan to do our Business before Monday?

That would be a welcome change and bonus.

RIP
25-08-2014, 10:30 PM

Following on from Leeann's interviews last week and her announcement at the Working Together meeting in July, the first phase of supporter consultation will begin next week. Follow the top link above to register for one of 3 meetings, which will take place on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Following these meetings a wider process will begin involving a comprehensive online survey and series of other engagement points, which will hopefully capture the views and opinions of as many Hibs fans as possible.

I've been invited to chair the 3 meetings and help drive forward the process of supporter consultation and engagement, and I genuinely believe it's a great opportunity to influence the future of our club. For too long there's been a divide between management and the supporters, hopefully this can be the start of the process of bridging that gap and building a more successful club.

Cheers,

Colin

That's terrific Colin. Well done for getting the gig.

Feedback on the press release. The consultation is not unique. Colin McNeil and Fife both ran huge supporter consultation programmes in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

The last one led directly to our club setting up Let's Work Together as a formal partnership of supporter organisations, CEO, management and directors. That forum continues to go from strength to strength under Leeann.

Good to see things moving on to the next level. Duly submitted. See you Monday sir

FranckSuzy
25-08-2014, 11:16 PM

Cheers,

Colin

Nice one, Colin and thoroughly deserved. LD will have a hard act to follow when she chairs the next WT meeting :greengrin

Oh, and done :aok:

Jack
26-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Done.

millarco
26-08-2014, 07:41 AM
That's terrific Colin. Well done for getting the gig.

Feedback on the press release. The consultation is not unique. Colin McNeil and Fife both ran huge supporter consultation programmes in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

The last one led directly to our club setting up Let's Work Together as a formal partnership of supporter organisations, CEO, management and directors. That forum continues to go from strength to strength under Leeann.

Good to see things moving on to the next level. Duly submitted. See you Monday sir

Thanks Gordon.

I think consultation with this sort of focus probably hasn't been done, unless I'm doing the others a disservice. We'll be looking at the big ticket issues and discussing/influencing how the club is structured and owned for years to come. Pretty unique position for any club to be in, as most clubs change ownership without much supporter engagement (fan ownership in particular tends to be the option of last resort in most cases). There appears to be a real and genuine appetite for change, hopefully as many supporters as possible take up the chance to have their say.

gegs70
26-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Is there anywhere that questions can be sent in if you are unable to attend?

millarco
26-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Is there anywhere that questions can be sent in if you are unable to attend?

There'll be plenty other opportunities to contribute, but feel free to send me questions and I'll do my best to cover them if there's scope. Would imagine there'll be a good bit of crossover with questions, especially over the 3 days, but can try cover it if not.

NW
26-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Colin. Do you know what the format will be? Is it a simple ask questions or any presentations?

millarco
26-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Colin. Do you know what the format will be? Is it a simple ask questions or any presentations?

I'm not fully up to speed with the suggested format yet, but I think it'll be a mixture of both. The board have worked up a number of different options and Leeann and whoever else will be able to explain those, but the point is to get supporter feedback, ideas and opinions, so there'll certainly be the opportunity for questions.

Personally think it's important for everyone to understand the various options available to us because there's probably not a great deal of understanding of what fan ownership/involvement means in its different forms, but the point of this whole process is to ensure that decisions aren't made without supporter consultation and support so being presented to for the full session won't achieve that.

RIP
26-08-2014, 07:44 PM
In addition to management conducting a survey based on questions they designed I hope there will be scope for other forms of consultation where supporters get to ask their peers a series of questions.

That then transforms the exercise from consultation into genuine collaboration. Moving on from talking together to working together if that makes sense. The most powerful movements for change happen when both sides march forward together - rather than one side leading and the other following.

GGTTH

Jonnyboy
28-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Anybody had an invite yet? I put down for the Monday but nothing yet

Ozyhibby
28-08-2014, 03:56 PM

Still not got yours? Limo picks me up at 6.
:-)

Jonnyboy
28-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Still not got yours? Limo picks me up at 6.

:greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
28-08-2014, 04:31 PM

I registered few days ago but not heard anything. I phoned today and was told those going should hear tomorrow.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2014, 06:21 PM
I registered few days ago but not heard anything. I phoned today and was told those going should hear tomorrow.

:aok:

Ozyhibby
29-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Just got my invite for Monday. Looking forward to adding a bit of positivity to proceedings.

marinello59
29-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Just got my invite for Monday. Looking forward to adding a bit of positivity to proceedings.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2014, 12:14 PM

You obviously don't know him, he's a lovely man

Ozyhibby
29-08-2014, 12:16 PM

Spot on Billy. I'm just misunderstood. :-)

marinello59
29-08-2014, 12:20 PM

I'm not doubting it. A real ray of sunshine. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
29-08-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm not doubting it. A real ray of sunshine. :greengrin

O'Rourke3
29-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Just got my invite for Wednesday :scarf:

Leith Mo
29-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Got mine for Wednesday though sure I asked for Tuesday? Anyway, I've asked if they can change it but if not I'll be there Wednesday.

HibeeMassive
29-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Got mine for Wednesday though sure I asked for Tuesday? Anyway, I've asked if they can change it but if not I'll be there Wednesday.

Seems to have happened with a few people. Me and a mate also picked Tuesday but have been given Monday.

Not sure if Tuesday was just over-subscribed so they've re-allocated a night in the hope it suits. Either way, it doesn't so I've mailed them back to advise I can't make the Monday which is a shame, had been looking forward to it..

Leith Mo
29-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Just got a reply back from the Club:

"I am happy to confirm that all supporters who have registered to attend our consultation events on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday of next week have been registered for their preferred choice of dates.
If you have already received an email which has an error in your preferred date please ignore. This was due to data corruption, and this has now been rectified.
Our apologies for any confusion, and we look forward to seeing you on your selected date. "

So if you've received the invitation to attend on a date that wasn't your preferred date they say ignore it and go along when you originally signed up for. Good improvement in communication, and a speedy response.

The "wind of change" might just have reached 2 on the Beaufort Scale - imagine the Hurricane Force gale that will rip through the League when (don't want to say "if) Leigh comes home?

HibeeMassive
29-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Just got a reply back from the Club:

"I am happy to confirm that all supporters who have registered to attend our consultation events on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday of next week have been registered for their preferred choice of dates.
If you have already received an email which has an error in your preferred date please ignore. This was due to data corruption, and this has now been rectified.
Our apologies for any confusion, and we look forward to seeing you on your selected date. "

So if you've received the invitation to attend on a date that wasn't your preferred date they say ignore it and go along when you originally signed up for. Good improvement in communication, and a speedy response.

The "wind of change" might just have reached 2 on the Beaufort Scale - imagine the Hurricane Force gale that will rip through the League when (don't want to say "if) Leigh comes home?

Yup, received the same :aok:

Although... "data corruption" hmmm :greengrin

legends of 73
29-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Asked for Tuesday got Monday asked if I could change so got Tuesday. Replied within 30 mims oh how times have changed

Ozyhibby
29-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Asked for Tuesday got Monday asked if I could change so got Tuesday. Replied within 30 mims oh how times have changed

Stop mucking about and ask them if Leigh's coming home then.

Jonnyboy
29-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Me too. I'll spot you easily Ozy with that huge grin and radiating positivity :greengrin

FranckSuzy
29-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Me too. I'll spot you easily Ozy with that huge grin and radiating positivity :greengrin

See you there :aok: :greengrin

Leith Mo
29-08-2014, 11:53 PM
See you there :aok: :greengrin
When I got my email back after thanking the club for sorting out the data mismatch issue I signed off my thanks & wishes for a good weekend. Following up with "PS please bring Leigh Griffiths home even if it is only on loan! !!" The very friendly and positive reply ended with "...."

down-the-slope
30-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Anyone registered but heard nothing?

DaveF
30-08-2014, 04:19 PM
If you are going to these meetings, please, please, please let them know how the ordinary fan feels.

I honestly don't think those on the board don't give a s h i t

Keith_M
30-08-2014, 04:21 PM
If you are going to these meetings, please, please, please let them know how the ordinary fan feels.

I honestly don't think those on the board don't give a s h i t

Better still, tell them to ram their meetings and go do the work they're paid for.

'Supporter Engagement' is looking like a fob to the Fans while they ignore what's most important, getting a winning team on the park.

down-the-slope
31-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Anyone registered but heard nothing?

Still nothing.

other than those who were offered days they did not ask for anyone not heard back at all ?

wondering why?

places all gone (600 all gone would seem unlikely)
More IT problems :confused:
Because we registered with full details invites are being made selectively :rolleyes:

NW
31-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Still nothing.

other than those who were offered days they did not ask for anyone not heard back at all ?

wondering why?

Because we registered with full details invites are being made selectively :rolleyes:

Maybe Leeann doesn't want people there with knowledge of
Options

BroxburnHibee
31-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Still nothing.

wondering why?

Are you not part of the working together group? ???

Doesn't sound like it's working very well.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2014, 03:00 PM
What is the point in these meetings? Getting a better squad is the only thing they should be focusing on.

down-the-slope
31-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Maybe Leeann doesn't want people there with knowledge of
Options

Have you received confirmation?

Are you not part of the working together group? ???

Doesn't sound like it's working very well.

With many of management changing recently time will tell if the commitment is still there

NW
31-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Have you received confirmation?

With many of management changing recently time will tell if the commitment is still there

Nope nothing but given the behaviour of our CEO towards the fans overs last couple of days id sent invite back. Disgusting

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Nope nothing but given the behaviour of our CEO towards the fans overs last couple of days id sent invite back. Disgusting

:confused: Care to elaborate?

Hibs7
31-08-2014, 05:20 PM
I am going on Wednesday and probably all questions re signings will have been asked ... So anyone with a constructive question please pm me and I will try and ask it ..

down-the-slope
31-08-2014, 05:30 PM

anyone else you are aware of who has registered but heard nothing?

Are you going Mr B?

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Are you going Mr B?

Indeedy

NW
31-08-2014, 05:34 PM

So power hungry and desperate she is basically trying to stop Hibs supporters engage with SDS. After the howler that is the well society I would have thought any input from independent resource would have been welcomed. It's never been clearer to me that us fans are an inconvenience. What did we get called the other day? 'These people'?

Billy Whizz
31-08-2014, 05:34 PM
anyone else you are aware of who has registered but heard nothing?

I only registered over the weekend, as the short notice of this, didn't allow me to do it before then.
Only Tuesday and Wednesday was available, but I haven't heard anything back yet either

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2014, 05:39 PM
So power hungry and desperate she is basically trying to stop Hibs supporters engage with SDS. After the howler that is the well society I would have thought any input from independent resource would have been welcomed. It's never been clearer to me that us fans are an inconvenience. What did we get called the other day? 'These people'?

First I had heard of this, who called the supporters "these people"?

ancient hibee
31-08-2014, 05:42 PM

Power hungry running Hibs??????????????? Get a grip.

marinello59
31-08-2014, 05:43 PM

How on earth is she doing that? :confused:

NW
31-08-2014, 05:44 PM
First I had heard of this, who called the supporters "these people"?

Sure it was our CEO discussing next weeks meetings.

She does not want SDS to help fans

marinello59
31-08-2014, 05:46 PM

To help fans? I thought it was just a survey they were running?
(I assume you are still posting as a totally independent fan here with no involvement in anything and no agenda to run with. )

NW
31-08-2014, 05:49 PM
To help fans? I thought it was just a survey they were running?
(I assume you are still posting as a totally independent fan here with no involvement in anything and no agenda to run with. )

They are hosting and collating the survey which my help us have options to discuss, so yes they are helping.

And yes I am an independent fan who has asked SDS for help. I am no longer working on any other aspect

marinello59
31-08-2014, 05:51 PM
They are hosting and collating the survey which my help us have options to discuss, so yes they are helping.

And yes I am an independent fan who has asked SDS for help. I am no longer working on any other aspect

So just to be clear it's just you that's involved in this as an individual and you have no connection with the guy interviewed on the radio last week who said he had been in daily contact with Kano concerning this.

down-the-slope
31-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Indeedy

Good stuff - your passion and eloquence will be an asset!

I only registered over the weekend, as the short notice of this, didn't allow me to do it before then.
Only Tuesday and Wednesday was available, but I haven't heard anything back yet either

Maybe Monday has filled up and the system is not in place to let people know its a no :confused:

NW
31-08-2014, 05:56 PM
So just to be clear it's just you that's involved in this as an individual and you have no connection with the guy interviewed on the radio last week who said he had been in daily contact with Kano concerning this.

I am an individual who is trying to help bring people together. I speak to many like minded Hibs fans who are also keen to help bring change. I was the guy on the radio.
All I have done is helped bring an independent survey out as honestly I don't trust the board to bring change. Leeann and community and fans. Thought the fringe had finished

NW
31-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Good stuff - your passion and eloquence will be an asset!

Maybe Monday has filled up and the system is not in place to let people know its a no :confused:

James I understand ample places left each night

marinello59
31-08-2014, 06:02 PM
I am an individual who is trying to help bring people together. I speak to many like minded Hibs fans who are also keen to help bring change. I was the guy on the radio.
All I have done is helped bring an independent survey out as honestly I don't trust the board to bring change. Leeann and community and fans. Thought the fringe had finished
Not the first time I have been called a joker. :greengrin
There's been a few people reluctant to complete it because they had no idea who was behind it. I actually thought you had said that you were approached to get this in motion but I probably misheard that bit. If you have done this completely off your own back then fair play to you, better than simply cursing our luck. Nowt wrong with a bit of transparency though is there? I have filled it in and will be interested in the results.
Your comments about LD being obstructive just struck me as a bit strange because there is nothing she can do to stop people participating so I doubt that she would waste her time. .

trev the hat
31-08-2014, 06:05 PM

Who is it that is behind SDS ?

NW
31-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Who is it that is behind SDS ?

SDS are an government funded body aimed to give fans a stronger voice. Our CEO has written to the government and SFA etc complaining about them and trying to stop the person who has been working with Hibs fans being involved.

NW
31-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Not the first time I have been called a joker. :greengrin
There's been a few people reluctant to complete it because they had no idea who was behind it. I actually thought you had said that you were approached to get this in motion but I probably misheard that bit. If you have done this completely off your own back then fair play to you, better than simply cursing our luck. Nowt wrong with a bit of transparency though is there? I have filled it in and will be interested in the results.
Your comments about LD being obstructive just struck me as a bit strange because there is nothing she can do to stop people participating so I doubt that she would waste her time. .

She can make it hard for SDS but it's highlighting the contempt for fans

marinello59
31-08-2014, 06:21 PM
SDS are an government funded body aimed to give fans a stronger voice. Our CEO has written to the government and SFA etc complaining about them and trying to stop the person who has been working with Hibs fans being involved.

How do you know this?

NW
31-08-2014, 06:25 PM
How do you know this?

Because SDS have advised me of this

NW
31-08-2014, 06:26 PM
How do you know this?

I also know from personal communication with our CEO that she was not happy with SDS

marinello59
31-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Because SDS have advised me of this

A Government agency has revealed to you details of private correspondence complaining about you as an individual and named our CEO?

marinello59
31-08-2014, 06:28 PM
I also know from personal communication with our CEO that she was not happy with SDS

That I can believe. But whether she is pleased or not really doesn't matter a jot.

NW
31-08-2014, 06:32 PM
A Government agency has revealed to you details of private correspondence complaining about you as an individual and named our CEO?

I've not see any correspondence I have been advised that due a complaint which she threatened to make , the person at SDS who had helped may
Not be able to do so any longer

oconnors_strip
31-08-2014, 06:35 PM

There is a line scored through Monday night so I presume that is now full.

NW
31-08-2014, 06:35 PM
That I can believe. But whether she is pleased or not really doesn't matter a jot.

She has power she can put on SFA etc

NW
31-08-2014, 06:36 PM
There is a line scored through Monday night so I presume that is now full.

It should be because it's deadline day and we need a raft of quality signings

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2014, 06:45 PM
It should be because it's deadline day and we need a raft of quality signings

In hindsight these meetings should have been arranged for Tues, Wed and Thurs

Billy Whizz
31-08-2014, 06:50 PM
In hindsight these meetings should have been arranged for Tues, Wed and Thurs

Shouldn't have been on transfer deadline day, but the meetings should have at least been scheduled for a week on Tuesday,Wed or Thursday.
Why the rush to get them on this week

trev the hat
31-08-2014, 06:52 PM

Who is the person who has been working with Hibs fans from SDS ?

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Shouldn't have been on transfer deadline day, but the meetings should have at least been scheduled for a week on Tuesday,Wed or Thursday.
Why the rush to get them on this week

Maybe trying to dilute other parties?

down-the-slope
31-08-2014, 06:56 PM

I'm someone who always tries to see / think the best until i know otherwise. You registered early but have heard nothing / I have heard nothing....it may be as I suggested, an IT / admin issue. If it is that choices are being made to exclude it would be sad given what been said.

Billy Whizz
31-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Maybe trying to dilute other parties?

I was thinking that, act quick

FranckSuzy
31-08-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm someone who always tries to see / think the best until i know otherwise. You registered early but have heard nothing / I have heard nothing....it may be as I suggested, an IT / admin issue. If it is that choices are being made to exclude it would be sad given what been said.

I registered as soon as it opened and requested the Monday and Monday I then duly got :aok:

oconnors_strip
31-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Phone club in the morning to ask if there was a technical problem with your request for Monday and if you can go along

marinello59
31-08-2014, 08:04 PM
I've not see any correspondence I have been advised that due a complaint which she threatened to make , the person at SDS who had helped may
Not be able to do so any longer

So what was the basis of the complaint?

NW
31-08-2014, 10:17 PM
So what was the basis of the complaint?

SDS used Hibs badge without permission, when pointed out (or shouted out) it was taken down and they apologised for using a Hibs badge on a Hibs survey on a government backed site. A complaint was made by Hibs by government and SFA on this to try get SDS personnel away from Hibs.

Hibs had been asked re badge when told re survey and never properly answered

marinello59
31-08-2014, 10:55 PM
SDS used Hibs badge without permission, when pointed out (or shouted out) it was taken down and they apologised for using a Hibs badge on a Hibs survey on a government backed site. A complaint was made by Hibs by government and SFA on this to try get SDS personnel away from Hibs.

Hibs had been asked re badge when told re survey and never properly answered

So not really something sinister then. The normal way of these things is the club ask for their badge to be removed and once it is that's that.

RIP
01-09-2014, 06:28 AM
So not really something sinister then. The normal way of these things is the club ask for their badge to be removed and once it is that's that.

Can the badge only be used by employees? Not directing this at you M59.

Just an open question cos I'm not at all clear

marinello59
01-09-2014, 06:42 AM

We know by experience here that the club can sometimes be pretty protective of the official Crest. I'm old fashioned and think it's our club and therefore our crest but unfortunately it doesn't work that way in the modern world.
I guess in this case the club has taken exception to an unofficial survey being branded with the Official crest. I am just guessing though.

Jack
01-09-2014, 06:50 AM

The badge can only be used with permission from the club.

You will recall Lets Work Together, after a few times of asking, got permission to use it for the Green Views Survey a couple of years ago.

The club do look for unofficial use. I've been warned a few times about using it ;-)

NW
01-09-2014, 06:59 AM

It was removed in minutes and an apology given so there is no need to try and get SDS removed from the process of trying to assist fans worried about their club. No harm was done and it looks like a case of bullying

NW
01-09-2014, 07:03 AM
The badge can only be used with permission from the club.

You will recall Lets Work Together, after a few times of asking, got permission to use it for the Green Views Survey a couple of years ago.

The club do look for unofficial use. I've been warned a few times about using it ;-)

Them and us.

Beefster
01-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Them and us.

Given your posts over the past few weeks, it's not just the club that think like that.

Global Hibby
01-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Given your posts over the past few weeks, it's not just the club that think like that.

NW, is trying to drive change without any personal agenda and puts in an amazing amount of hours, despite having a demanding job as well as the arrival of a new born baby. Neil is one of the few people, wishing to ask the fans what they want and bring in a credible party ( SDS ) to assist.

All this without any personal agenda, plus we all know who Neil is unlike many on here !

Beefster.........why don't you tell us, what you are doing to drive change ?

NW
01-09-2014, 07:43 AM

You are right and given the way the fans are treated and the state our club is in I fail to see how I can feel differently.

Why are the club so scared of a government funded independent fans body?

Jack
01-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Them and us.

More them and you, although I'm sure its nothing personal.

I think you'll find it fairly standard practice.

When I was employed by the Scottish Government even if permission was granted for the use of crests and logos I was amazed at the fuss made even about positioning and size in different formats of media, getting permission to use other organisations logos and stuff on government websites was a nightmare. So I'm surprised SDS appear to be oblivious to this and didn't seek explicit permission before using the Hibs crest.

Not only are Hibs protecting an asset that could be used for unofficial merchandise but also that supporters get to know that if the crest is on something, like a survey, then its endorsed by the club.

NW
01-09-2014, 07:51 AM
More them and you, although I'm sure its nothing personal.

I think you'll find it fairly standard practice.

When I was employed by the Scottish Government even if permission was granted for the use of crests and logos I was amazed at the fuss made even about positioning and size in different formats of media, getting permission to use other organisations logos and stuff on government websites was a nightmare. So I'm surprised SDS appear to be oblivious to this and didn't seek explicit permission before using the Hibs crest.

Not only are Hibs protecting an asset that could be used for unofficial merchandise but also that supporters get to know that if the crest is on something, like a survey, then its endorsed by the club.

I accept and it came down immediately and an apology issued. Why is that no sufficient

Jack
01-09-2014, 07:58 AM
I accept and it came down immediately and an apology issued. Why is that no sufficient

Again I think its standard practice for companies to get a bit shirty when their logos are used without permission. As I said in the previous post SDS should have known better.

Make your next survey about fast food restaurants. Use the McDonald's, Burger King and KFC logos then you'll get a better idea of how protctive and heavy handed companies can be ;-)

NW
01-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Again I think its standard practice for companies to get a bit shirty when their logos are used without permission. As I said in the previous post SDS should have known better.

Make your next survey about fast food restaurants. Use the McDonald's, Burger King and KFC logos then you'll get a better idea of how protctive and heavy handed companies can be ;-)

I acknowledge your wink smiley but I don't see myself as just a customer and I doubt the businesses you mention would allow themselves to be run so badly

Jack
01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
I acknowledge your wink smiley but I don't see myself as just a customer and I doubt the businesses you mention would allow themselves to be run so badly

I'll agree with you and its a good point.

I think the football authorities have it right in separating the business from the football i.e. in an administration/liquidation event the business goes bust but the football can continue.

In my opinion the trouble starts when supporters mix the two and, like you, get caught out by the business side however well intentioned.

Beefster
01-09-2014, 11:39 AM

To be honest, given the number of folk/groups/committees trying to take over, I'm more than happy to sit back and let you all get on with it. I buy a ST and support the club. That'll do for me.

Edit: Actually, I filled in Supporter Direct's survey.

Mikey
01-09-2014, 11:47 AM

NW, is trying to drive change without any personal agenda and puts in an amazing amount of hours, despite having a demanding job as well as the arrival of a new born baby. Neil is one of the few people, wishing to ask the fans what they want and bring in a credible party ( SDS ) to assist.

All this without any personal agenda, plus we all know who Neil is unlike many on here !

C'mon guys, get your story straight. You're trying to drum up support yet the very little we do get told doesn't add up.

NW
01-09-2014, 12:32 PM
C'mon guys, get your story straight. You're trying to drum up support yet the very little we do get told doesn't add up.

I am working with SDS to get wider comms and education lined up if that's what the survey suggests is wanted. That is all that I am working on. It involves lots of aspects and trying to pull as many groups in behind the SDS approach as possible.

Global Hibby
01-09-2014, 01:15 PM

What do you mean " your story " straight ??

What support are you suggesting I am drumming up either individually or collectively with NW ?

down-the-slope
01-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Eventually got an invite for this evening sent at 13.18 pm today. I only got it when I got in from work :rolleyes: hey ho

Billy Whizz
01-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Eventually got an invite for this evening sent at 13.18 pm today. I only got it when I got in from work :rolleyes: hey ho

Did you go?

down-the-slope
01-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Did you go?

No as I had not had an invite - and it was too late when I knew I had

HibbyKeith
01-09-2014, 08:35 PM
No as I had not had an invite - and it was too late when I knew I had

Wouldn't worry about not turning up mate, the players have been doing that every week for months now.