PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Squad vs Germany

SteveHFC
25-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Scotland squad:
Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Celtic), David Marshall (Cardiff City), Alan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders: Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Craig Forsyth (Derby County), Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Andrew Robertson (Hull City), Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders: Ikechi Anya (Watford), Barry Bannan (Crystal Palace), Craig Bryson (Derby County), Chris Burke (Nottingham Forest), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic), Kevin McDonald (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Callum McGregor (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic)

Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Sunderland), Chris Martin (Derby County), Steven Naismith (Everton)

Callum McGregor :faf:

StarMan10
25-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Scotland squad:
Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Celtic), David Marshall (Cardiff City), Alan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders: Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Craig Forsyth (Derby County), Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Andrew Robertson (Hull City), Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders: Ikechi Anya (Watford), Barry Bannan (Crystal Palace), Craig Bryson (Derby County), Chris Burke (Nottingham Forest), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic), Kevin McDonald (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Callum McGregor (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic)

Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Sunderland), Chris Martin (Derby County), Steven Naismith (Everton)

Callum McGregor in before Arfield?! Crazy

Smartie
25-08-2014, 12:33 PM
They're little more than cannon fodder anyway given who they are playing against.

1875Sean
25-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Cant believe Jordan Rhodes cant even get in the squad :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2014, 12:53 PM
we will really miss Snodgrass :agree: out for 6 months iirc

Springbank
25-08-2014, 12:57 PM
No Griffiths?

Needs first team football

Scottie
25-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Looking forward to the trip but a few strange ones in there from WGS

Maybe he knows something we don't :pray:

Keith_M
25-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Looking forward to the trip but a few strange ones in there from WGS

Maybe he knows something we don't :pray:

Don't worry, GS is a tactical genius, he knows what he's doing :wink:

Oh and less than two weeks to go; tickets purchased, accomodation and transport all sorted, I can't wait!

Scottie
25-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Don't worry, GS is a tactical genius, he knows what he's doing :wink:

Oh and less than two weeks to go; tickets purchased, accomodation and transport all sorted, I can't wait!

Canny wait Keekaboo to our trip over to the Farter land

Got any decent beer across there yet our do we bring the Buckfast wi us ? :party:

BoltonHibee
25-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Cant believe Jordan Rhodes cant even get in the squad :confused:

GS doesn't fancy him. Not really the type of player that fits into his side unfortunately

Keith_M
25-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Canny wait Keekaboo to our trip over to the Farter land

Got any decent beer across there yet our do we bring the Buckfast wi us ? :party:

You'll have to bring your own Buckie, the Krauts just don't appreciate quality wine :wink:

Plenty nice beer here though, I'm sure you'll find something to your liking

lucky
25-08-2014, 05:16 PM
How are Gordon and McGregor in the squad. How many 1st team games have they played in the last 3 years?

PISTOL1875
25-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Scotland squad:

Yeh picking Callum McGregor is hilarious isn't it ?? Young Scottish player , bang on form and scoring goal in the CL qualifiers... Thank god you sre nowhere near managing the national team...

Tyler Durden
25-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Yeh picking Callum McGregor is hilarious isn't it ?? Young Scottish player , bang on form and scoring goal in the CL qualifiers... Thank god you sre nowhere near managing the national team...

Yeah I don't really get the reaction here. Promising young player, Strachan will get the chance to see how he fares training with the squad an a great experience for the boy travelling to a big game, seeing the very best opposition. What's the problem?

we are hibs
25-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Who's kevin McDonald?

Mr White
25-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Who's kevin McDonald?

Boy that went to the pub to meet his family after being subbed as Burnley were humped 6-1 at home by arsenal a few years ago. Midfielder who started at Dundee and currently at wolves.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Has Fletcher been playing for Sunderland? Haven't seen any of their games

Scottie
25-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Has Fletcher been playing for Sunderland? Haven't seen any of their games

Aye he played for Sunderland yesterday

IMO didn't do too much :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
25-08-2014, 06:09 PM

Thank for you're lovely reply :aok:

Nameless
25-08-2014, 08:04 PM
23 out of 26 playing in England, and for the most part, all important 1st team players - is this the strongest Scottish team since Italia 90.....

Pretty Boy
25-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Good to see Craig Gordon back in the squad.

Our best goalkeeper by a distance when fully fit.

ancient hibee
25-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Strachan doesn't rate Rhodes-evidently he just scores goals and doesn't run around like a headless chicken not scoring goals which is the norm for Scottish strikers.

Boyle89
25-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Good to see Craig Gordon back in the squad.

Our best goalkeeper by a distance when fully fit.

I don't think we have missed him. Think AM has done a cracking job and Marshall was the best goaly in the EPL last season. 1 position we are not short of quality players.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Two strikers and the boy from Coldplay. We'll struggle for goals!

PatHead
25-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Surprised Ryan Gauld never made the squad. We don't have an abundance of multi million pound players.

frazeHFC
25-08-2014, 10:58 PM
I'd have Scott Arfield and Tom Cairney ahead of Kevin McDonald. McGregor has looked decent so maybe deserves a chance.

Thought Rhodes and McCormack would have been in there too. Naismith could be a huge player in this campaign, been great for Everton.

lyonhibs
26-08-2014, 11:04 AM
So we'll be going 4-5-1 then.....

Going to be a tough, tough game. Hopefully will be a "I was there " moment, cos I'll be there !

Keith_M
26-08-2014, 11:08 AM
So we'll be going 4-5-1 then.....

Going to be a tough, tough game. Hopefully will be a "I was there " moment, cos I'll be there !

Hopefully not along the lines of "everybody remembers where they were when JFK was shot"

:wink:

patlowe
26-08-2014, 01:28 PM
It's funny that Jordan Rhodes (cost £8m and just had £12m rejected) and Ross McCormack (cost £11m) can't get in the Scotland squad, and I probably wouldn't disagree with Strachan on it tbh. Just shows how completely insane English football has become.

Mathias Jack
26-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Starting 11?

McGregor

Hutton
Hanley
Greer
Robertson/Whittaker

Maloney
Mulgrew
Fletcher
Morrison?
Anya

Naismith

Blackburn Hibee
26-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Can't understand myself why Craig Conway has not been called up, had a great second half of the season for Blackburn creating majority of the goals. Tom Cairney is another, showing great promise and will be a future international player, always looking to get on the ball and create something, even pitches in with a few goals.

West hamBERNIAN
26-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Starting 11?

McGregor

Hutton
Hanley
Greer
Robertson/Whittaker

Maloney
Mulgrew
Fletcher
Morrison?
Anya

Naismith

I'd be quite happy with that, Hutton was looking back to his best at the wk end, hopefully will have a good campaign as we looked far better when he was playing well. Would prefer to see naismith playing a bit deeper but not many options.