PDA

View Full Version : Tyias Browning

GGTTH07
25-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Hibs transfers and rumours page have just posted that he will be signing today or tomorrow. Not the most reliable but, Everton seem to rate him highly.

BoltonHibee
25-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Were we not linked with him earlier in the month? Would be great if true, good CH. Intelligent player, a footballing CH, not a hoofball merchant. Fast too. I cannot believe he would come to us, he is destined for bigger things. He was on loan at Wigan for part of last season.

brog
25-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Were we not linked with him earlier in the month? Would be great if true, good CH. Intelligent player, a footballing CH, not a hoofball merchant. Fast too. I cannot believe he would come to us, he is destined for bigger things. He was on loan at Wigan for part of last season.

He needs to play games, he's still well down the pecking order at Goodison but as you say is apparently highly rated. Could be a win/win for Everton/Hibs so I think it's possible, despite the source! :wink:

mentalhibee
25-08-2014, 11:56 AM

Sounds good, only played twice at Wigan so maybe fancy's coming up here to play first team football.

bingo70
25-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Hibs transfers and rumours page have just posted that he will be signing today or tomorrow. Not the most reliable but, Everton seem to rate him highly.

Everton fan on here said that'll be a lot of pish as he's really highly rated down there and will be on fringes of first team

BoltonHibee
25-08-2014, 12:01 PM
He needs to play games, he's still well down the pecking order at Goodison but as you say is apparently highly rated. Could be a win/win for Everton/Hibs so I think it's possible, despite the source! :wink:

He does need to go out on loan that's for sure, I would have thought that there would have been options for him at some championship clubs in England, or even league 1 in England. I'm not sure that it would benefit him playing in the championship in Scotland.

Excellent if true though

Brightside
So is he going to replace Forster or Hanlon? He surely wouldnt be happy being on the bench.

Ronniekirk
Stubbs has made it clear he wanted three loan players and so far we have two .He has also not hidden fact he would like a couple from Everton so with speculation about Nelson going it's a good educated guess .But would be delighted if that one came about

GlenrothesHibee
25-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Fb source good so happy with this. Just need Cummings up to full fitness and maybe another striker in and we'll be fine

MyJo
25-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Probably means Nelson is away and this is his replacement

CapitalGreen
25-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Distin
Jagielka
Stones
Alcaraz
Duffy

All ahead of him at Everton so can't see him getting a look in this season.

bingo70
25-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Fb source good so happy with this. Just need Cummings up to full fitness and maybe another striker in and we'll be fine

That fb page isn't a good source.

He knows Nelson is away because of forsters tweet last night and what Stubbs was saying last week. He'll be guessing at thus guys name as he's one of many he guessed before.

It may end up being true but if it is, its an educated guess.

Col2
25-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Seems to be very highly rated and Stubbs will know him inside and out. I like the "strong and quick" references!!

A nice one year deal for stability and gives player and club option to look at things at end of contract given he will be a free agent.

Fingers crossed.

Billy McKirdy
25-08-2014, 12:24 PM
I just wish Stubbs would get his finger out his ar$e and get soneone signed!!!

mentalhibee
25-08-2014, 12:25 PM
So is he going to replace Forster or Hanlon? He surely wouldnt be happy being on the bench.

Maybe we'll go 3-5-2 as Stubbs has tried a few times in the friendlies.

Nevi_SOL
25-08-2014, 12:30 PM

This would make sense, cant play that formation so well with slow CB. :gwa:

Billy Whizz
25-08-2014, 12:43 PM

Is he the left footed centre back we seem to be interested in? Thought we needed a right footed one, unless he's going to play left back

greenflyer
25-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Tyias Browning won the Under-21s Player of the Season during the Everton Football Club end of season awards night at St George's Hall in Lime Street, Liverpool, on Wednesday, May 7, 2014
:agree:

CapitalGreen
25-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Tyias Browning won the Under-21s Player of the Season during the Everton Football Club end of season awards night at St George's Hall in Lime Street, Liverpool, on Wednesday, May 7, 2014
:agree:

Thanks for the info, I'd heard he'd won but wasn't sure of the location of award ceremony.

Franck Stanton
25-08-2014, 01:28 PM
I just wish Stubbs would get his finger out his ar$e and get soneone signed!!!

Don't we all mate, perhaps it is the Clubs being unwilling to let a player go just now as they will all be weighing up their options up until final t/day window, we will just have to bite the bullet and wait and see what develops. Would be delighted if we got this lad from Everton, seems likely as Stubs has let/told Nelson he is surpless to requirements and only leaves us Forster and Hanlon for c/defence.

BoltonHibee
25-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Is he the left footed centre back we seem to be interested in? Thought we needed a right footed one, unless he's going to play left back

He plays primarily as a CB ( right side, but can play to the left), he can also play RB.

LordBamba
25-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Apparently Nelson has left to join Cambridge. Saw it on the fb rumours page so might not be true.

If it is though I'd expect browning to join- or at least a different cb

greenpaper55
25-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Apparently Nelson has left to join Cambridge. Saw it on the fb rumours page so might not be true.

Is he doing a degree in hoofball ?.

tamig
25-08-2014, 03:05 PM

Lol. Someone posted the Cambridge link on the Nelson thread on here. That FB guy just pulls his info from here and other sites.

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2014, 03:13 PM
I just wish Stubbs would get his finger out his ar$e and get soneone signed!!!Yeah, I'm sure he is deliberately not signing anyone...

R11Loaded
25-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Lol. Someone posted the Cambridge link on the Nelson thread on here. That FB guy just pulls his info from here and other sites.

Andy Giles didn't mention anything about Cambridge.

Andy gets a lot of access to east mains, even got to interview Stubbs and is on his way to creating a proper fans YouTube account. A lot of people quick to dismiss him cause he's not one of the Hibs.net ITK posters, yet if you look far enough back, speedway was touting Griffiths hateley and claros to be in the squad for the first game of last season.

Give the boy a break, most of the photos this forum uses to guess the trialist came from him taking then himself! Then the club allowing him to release it.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

LordBamba
25-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Is he doing a degree in hoofball ?.

I'm hearing butchers is taking the course

😉

PISTOL1875
25-08-2014, 04:37 PM

He should've done that with 20-25 minutes to go on Saturday..

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2014, 04:43 PM

Much as I like 3-5-2 formations I'm not sure we're capable of it from the times I saw in pre season.

Also if it is the case that it's Nelson off and this is a replacement I'd be seriously concerned playing 3-5-2 with only three Centre Backs two of which are only 20 years old. I know we've come a long way from "You won't win anything with kids" but this is still pretty light.

Even if we were playing a standard 4 man defence I actually think we need Hanlon, Forster and two more Centre Backs - one of them an experienced player - to get through the season when you look at suspensions, injuries and the fact that Forster is effectively the back up Right Back.

Franck Stanton
25-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Much as I like 3-5-2 formations I'm not sure we're capable of it from the times I saw in pre season.

Also if it is the case that it's Nelson off and this is a replacement I'd be seriously concerned playing 3-5-2 with only three Centre Backs two of which are only 20 years old. I know we've come a long way from "You won't win anything with kids" but this is still pretty light.

Even if we were playing a standard 4 man defence I actually think we need Hanlon, Forster and two more Centre Backs - one of them an experienced player - to get through the season when you look at suspensions, injuries and the fact that Forster is effectively the back up Right Back.

Agree with you LD, however, in regards to the bit in bold Browning can play C/B an RB so would be cover for both positions.

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2014, 05:20 PM
[/B]Agree with you LD, however, in regards to the bit in bold Browning can play C/B an RB so would be cover for both positions.

That's certainly useful :)

If we're going to operate a much smaller squad I reckon we need more players who can cover a couple of positions.

Defensively that would give us:
LB - Stevenson, Booth, Hanlon
CB - Hanlon, Forster, Browning
RB - Gray, Forster, Browning

Reckon that'd need one more CB - ideally experienced.

One thing that did surprise me looking up ages and experience is that Booth is 23. Had him down as another 20 year old.

macd123
26-08-2014, 01:21 AM
That's certainly useful :)

If we're going to operate a much smaller squad I reckon we need more players who can cover a couple of positions.

Defensively that would give us:
LB - Stevenson, Booth, Hanlon
CB - Hanlon, Forster, Browning
RB - Gray, Forster, Browning

Reckon that'd need one more CB - ideally experienced.

One thing that did surprise me looking up ages and experience is that Booth is 23. Had him down as another 20 year old.

6 players for the back 4 is not enough to last a season surely.

gegs70
26-08-2014, 07:41 AM

Depends if the Liam Fontaine rumour is true? I'm sure they also have a youth player for cover too if required. Otj apparently can play at the back also?

Ronniekirk
26-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Depends if the Liam Fontaine rumour is true? I'm sure they also have a youth player for cover too if required. Otj apparently can play at the back also?

Looks like the cat has called that one right and he will be signing

The Leith Dutch
26-08-2014, 06:40 PM

6 for the back 4 wouldn't be enough but was more thinking back to LD's suggestion of a squad of 38/39 with a senior, an under 20 and a youth for each position.

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Signed a 3 year deal with Everton today. Wonder if they'll punt him out on loan.