PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

timewilltell
24-08-2014, 11:51 PM
It's been a difficult week, beaten by Hearts and now Falkirk. I travelled from Worcester to the game on Saturday and have to say I left disappointed.

However we are a million miles from where we were last season and Alan Stubbs signings look good. Allen and Kennedy were I thought stand outs and Booth, Forster and Nelson all had good games.

Craig's moment came on the spot v hearts last week and unfortunately will be a defining moment in his season.

Stubbs needs time. We're scarred by last season but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We need to stay focused, together, and it will come, I'm sure of it.

It's not the best start but it's a long season and there has been real change in only a few months. Keep the faith. 👍⚽️😃

TomTheHibbyBev
24-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Good Post:thumbsup:

cocopops1875
25-08-2014, 06:41 AM
It's been a difficult week, beaten by Hearts and now Falkirk. I travelled from Worcester to the game on Saturday and have to say I left disappointed.

However we are a million miles from where we were last season and Alan Stubbs signings look good. Allen and Kennedy were I thought stand outs and Booth, Forster and Nelson all had good games.

Craig's moment came on the spot v hearts last week and unfortunately will be a defining moment in his season.

Stubbs needs time. We're scarred by last season but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We need to stay focused, together, and it will come, I'm sure of it.
It's not the best start but it's a long season and there has been real change in only a few months. Keep the faith. ⚽️
Good post :top marks I said somewhere else there is still 21points to be played for against The Rangers and Hearts (who we assume are gonna be there or there abouts come the end) so although it would have been great to have hit the ground running, its in our interests to finish strong as opposed to starting strong (obviously we would still need to be in the top 4) the work done in such a short period is transforming the playing side remember its only been 8 weeks Hearts had signed half their players before we had a manager in, we are a bit behind but feel once we catch up off the field we will do so on the field too KTF

Nutmegged
25-08-2014, 06:50 AM
You make a lot of good points, my main concern isn't the direction we're going under Alan Stubbs, I think we've got a good yin, my concern is the seeming acceptance by the board that we wont win the League this year and wont beat Rangers/Hearts/Team 11 in the Play-Off's either so wont make the necessary signings until we're in a League we're overwhelming favourites to win.

I don't think its acceptable that we've only made 4 signins, we cut a lot of our squad from last year, the wage bill has been slashed considerably but we are drastically short of quality in our first 11 - the window isn't shut yet but if you look at the two clubs who we ourselves consider our main title rivals, they're as good as done as far as signings go, they might add another one nearer the end of the window but thats only if a good opportunity arises, the mindset is completely different, thats why we're struggling and toiling for quality and its why we'll finish a long way behind the top two places too.

I really like the plans Stubbs has put in place though, I think it'll be a 4 year job for him, this is how I see things panning out

2014-15 - Championship Play-Off's
2015-16 - Championship Winners
2016-17 - Premiership top Six
2017-18 - Premiership Top Six

cocopops1875
25-08-2014, 07:14 AM
You make a lot of good points, my main concern isn't the direction we're going under Alan Stubbs, I think we've got a good yin, my concern is the seeming acceptance by the board that we wont win the League this year and wont beat Rangers/Hearts/Team 11 in the Play-Off's either so wont make the necessary signings until we're in a League we're overwhelming favourites to win.

I don't think its acceptable that we've only made 4 signins, we cut a lot of our squad from last year, the wage bill has been slashed considerably but we are drastically short of quality in our first 11 - the window isn't shut yet but if you look at the two clubs who we ourselves consider our main title rivals, they're as good as done as far as signings go, they might add another one nearer the end of the window but thats only if a good opportunity arises, the mindset is completely different, thats why we're struggling and toiling for quality and its why we'll finish a long way behind the top two places too.

I really like the plans Stubbs has put in place though, I think it'll be a 4 year job for him, this is how I see things panning out

I suppose i live in the hope that the signings are coming, and we have to believe that maybe we have had to wait for the ones Stubbs wants ? everyone is so quick to assume that its tight fistedness thats stopping us signing players but maybe just maybe we are trying to get the right ones

Ozyhibby
25-08-2014, 07:31 AM

If I seriously thought the club were planning on two years in the championship I would pack it in. This week will be revealing I suppose.

cocopops1875
25-08-2014, 07:59 AM
If I seriously thought the club were planning on two years in the championship I would pack it in. This week will be revealing I suppose.

Surely the Club have to planning for 2 years in the championship :confused: anything else would be mismanagement in the extreme

Lucius Apuleius
25-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Always plan for the worst case scenario. We failed to do that last season.

Ronniekirk
25-08-2014, 08:17 AM
I suppose i live in the hope that the signings are coming, and we have to believe that maybe we have had to wait for the ones Stubbs wants ? everyone is so quick to assume that its tight fistedness thats stopping us signing players but maybe just maybe we are trying to get the right ones
Think the Nelson exit shows they aren't If it's now one out one in .the squad size is as and then the question is is Nelsons replacement better than him and can they become a first team regular or are they just a cheaper option as back up
Kennedy showed lots of skill and pace particularly in first half and once players get used to that and know which areas to be in to get on the end of his good work that will create the chances but we need players to take them Falkirk got lots of blocks in as they eventually knew what was coming and nullified him more in second half which meant gray and Harris got more of the ball wide right but weren't as effective in creating chances .

cocopops1875
25-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Think the Nelson exit shows they aren't If it's now one out one in .the squad size is as and then the question is is Nelsons replacement better than him and can they become a first team regular or are they just a cheaper option as back up
Kennedy showed lots of skill and pace particularly in first half and once players get used to that and know which areas to be in to get on the end of his good work that will create the chances but we need players to take them Falkirk got lots of blocks in as they eventually knew what was coming and nullified him more in second half which meant gray and Harris got more of the ball wide right but weren't as effective in creating chances .

I dont think the Nelson situation proves its 1 in 1 out maybe he has suggested that being 4th pick at this point in his football life is not what he wants and knowing at least 1 is coming in pushes him back in the pecking order ? Why do we always look for the negative spin on a situation when there is a just as likely positive one. :greengrin

Col2
25-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Good OP.

As others gave said Stubbs direction and quality of play is not something many will question.

Why sticks in my throat and makes me so angry is the seemingly lack of backing he has to change what is still a weaker squad on paper than Hearts and Rangers.

Added to the summer of change and quality recruitment message, it feels like we have all been taken for a ride (again). Just as well we didnt stump up SPL season ticket prices then.....oh.....