PDA

View Full Version : This message board

Alfred E Newman
24-08-2014, 07:25 PM
While every one on here is entitled to their opinion on how good or bad things are at the club the personal abuse being dished out towards players and management alike is getting way over the top .
When I first joined the message board there was nothing like the bile that is now being spouted by some. It was somewhere for fellow supporters to discuss the goings on at the club and results good or bad. It was usually critical it was often funny and sometimes it was informative. Now a large percentage of the stuff on here is just disgusting garbage especially in the wake of a poor result like yesterday.
The disgraceful Harris thread is just about the last straw for me.
I fully expect the usual replies but much more of this rubbish will see me heading off or at least confining any contributions to the PM board.

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 07:27 PM
You are absolutely correct Malcom. The abuse on some threads verges on sick in my opinion.

bawheid
24-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Yep.

Stranraer
24-08-2014, 07:28 PM
While every one on here is entitled to their opinion on how good or bad things are at the club the personal abuse being dished out towards players and management alike is getting way over the top .
When I first joined the message board there was nothing like the bile that is now being spouted by some. It was somewhere for fellow supporters to discuss the goings on at the club and results good or bad. It was usually critical it was often funny and sometimes it was informative. Now a large percentage of the stuff on here is just disgusting garbage especially in the wake of a poor result like yesterday.
I fully expect the usual replies but much more of this rubbish will see me heading off or at least confining any contributions to the PM board.

It's quite sad actually and I think you've hit the nail on the head. Renewing my private membership was the best decision I've made in a long time (I don't get out much). We have played 3 Championship games and although results haven't gone our way some of the comments are way over the top - as are some of the "fans" at ER.

cmcd
24-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Couldn`t have put it better myself

truehibernian
24-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Stick with it Malcolm and stick with Alex too - Hibs will come good, need a few additions, but there will be a few highs this season - can see us winning a derby or two, beating The Rangers at home......but can see a few days like yesterday too.

Harris will definitely come good.......Stubbs is a confidence coach and that is what he (AH) needs. The good games will come. Just needs to be braver in taking a man on in my view. Once he overcomes that, he will fly.

Golden Bear
24-08-2014, 07:32 PM

Spot on.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-08-2014, 07:33 PM

The board has certainly morphed into something else since the early days but it's no different from the rest of the internet. The emergence of the trolling phenomenon is quite bizarre.
That said I believe the admins do their best to keep things in check.

Funnily enough the only time I took a timeout from Hibs.net (or the previous incantation as was) was when we were last relegated. If things carry on it may be a repeat... (Some may say no great loss ;))

Peevemor
24-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Spot on.

Ditto

Hibbyradge
24-08-2014, 07:36 PM

You're not the only one who feels that way.

My frequency of posting has reduced considerably in recent years because of the poisonous negativity.
I'm sure that's welcomed by some, but the point remains valid.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 07:37 PM
It used to be funny as well.

Now the funniest it gets is a pictures of cartoon characters appearing to have a ****. Funny once.

Stranraer
24-08-2014, 07:38 PM

My frequency of posting has reduced considerably in recent years because of the poisonous negativity.

Not me, I seem to remember you posting an excellent link to the worlds most powerful images which was outstanding and I've shared on a couple of other forums.

JIm
24-08-2014, 07:38 PM

Here here :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 07:40 PM

Despite having posted a few times over the last week I'm similar to you.

Having said that I've hardly even read anything about Hibs since May so maybe my interest is waning naturally rather than because of what's on here.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Just out of interest and not meant as a defence of some of the stuff heing said, especially the Harris thread, but since hibs.net came into being is this the longest period of poor performance on the park?

It must be close which certainly explains a hell of a lot of the criticism whilst not excusing personal abuse of course.

Lago
24-08-2014, 07:41 PM

I totally agree. When I first started with .net there was humour invoved in the various posts, use to have a good laugh. Not now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Baby and bath water though. Lots of threads on here I don't like, but I keep hold of the fact that posting on a thread and making a reasoned and valid point, is still achievable even on the worst ones.

SkintHibby
24-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Football message boards are great when a team is doing well but not good when a team is pure sheite.

MyJo
24-08-2014, 07:45 PM

Now the funniest it gets is a pictures of cartoon characters appearing to have a ****. Funny once.

I used to be on here all the time, posting lots and quite enjoying a lot of what was posted regardless of how the team were performing.

Now i hardly ever post and sometimes avoid the main board completely for days at a time because of the bile and venom spouted towards the club, the players and even each other as fans......its toxic IMO and getting worse.

Makes me long for the days when YeomanJaniceRand was the pinnacle of doom and gloom trolling

Kaff
24-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Agree

Viva_Palmeiras
24-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Just out of interest and not meant as a defence of some of the stuff heing said, especially the Harris thread, but since hibs.net came into being is this the longest period of poor performance on the park?

It must be close which certainly explains a hell of a lot of the criticism whilst not excusing personal abuse of course.

The prolonged ineptitude of performance that appears to defy the law of averages (and for which the board has to acknowledge it's part) certainly impacted our support in a number of ways.

We (management, board and support) cannot expect to repeat the same pattern and get different results... For me It starts with the board tho...

Hibbyradge
24-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Maybe we should have "Serious Thread" as a prefix so that the folk who like a laugh and a pun when the opportunity arises, can fill their boots without fear of reprimand on the appropriate threads.

I've been posting on here and predecessors for a long time and I'm a loyal dot net supporter.

Maybe it's me, but it seems like there's less fun these days. Maybe it's the team.

Anyway, it was brilliant when I was an admin! :wink:

SkintHibby
24-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Hibs.net is going to get even uglier in the next few months because our once proud football club is going to sink to depths we did not even know existed.

That shower of losers should have been man handled out of ER after last season but the not only is the malaise continuing, it is being encouraged!

Utterly shameful.

fishybeaver
24-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Well said Mr Bogie!!!

OsloHibs
24-08-2014, 08:00 PM
I totally agree with you. Some of the comments I read are an utter disgrace.

Thecat23
24-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Winning team fans are happy, team relegated, not winning fans angry!!

Not rocket science but I think maybe just maybe, we start winning and add players and threads will be more positive! Just a thought!!!!!

CapitalGreen
24-08-2014, 08:21 PM

Agree 100%, good post.

Golden Bear
24-08-2014, 08:22 PM
There is valid criticism then there is vile and poisonous comments directed at the Board, the Players and fellow supporters. We have had far too much of the latter recently.

tamig
24-08-2014, 08:23 PM

Agree wholeheartedly. Some truly disgraceful stuff posted this weekend. I try to steer clear of this board after a bad result as the reactions are so predictable nowadays. Unfortunately I've got sucked into some of it. It's very frustrating.

SkintHibby
24-08-2014, 08:24 PM

Not rocket science but I think maybe just maybe, we start winning and add players and threads will be more positive! Just a thought!!!!!

Start winning? Add players? HAHAHA!:greengrin

Thecat23
24-08-2014, 08:24 PM

I know, it was a bit far fetched 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
24-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Well said Sir :top marks

Stranraer
24-08-2014, 08:26 PM
There is valid criticism then there is vile and poisonous comments directed at the Board, the Players and fellow supporters. We have had far too much of the latter recently.

:agree: exactly what I was going to say - it's one thing to criticise the team or players then there is the constant use of expletives and personal attacks that are way overboard.

Fair play to the admins though, I've seen quite a few posts deleted :aok:

B.H.F.C
24-08-2014, 08:32 PM

This. Fans of every club are the same as well. I completely agree Hibs fans have been moaning b******s of late but I refuse to accept we are worse than any other set of fans. Up until about February Hearts fans were tearing in to Locke despite the circumstances they found themselves in. Then they started winning and they suddenly wanted to keep him. Rangers fans despite winning most weeks (granted they should be) don't have much time for their greatest ever striker. Celtic supporters are on Delias back already. Remember what Aberdeen fans were like under Craig Brown? StMirren fans wanted shot of Danny Lennon despite him winning a cup and keeping them in the Spl which is as good as it'll ever get for them.

Now we have a situation where folk are moaning about folk moaning. Bit ironic that. And say Harris scores on Tuesday, the folk moaning about the moaners will be on here straight away to gloat and say that they told you so. If folk want to moan at a game or on here so be it, it's their choice. It shouldn't become personal and in the main I don't think it does. The vast majority of the shouts I hear at games or read on hear relate to someone doing or not doing their job on the park. IMO of course.

Thecat23
24-08-2014, 08:36 PM
This. Fans of every club are the same as well. I completely agree Hibs fans have been moaning b******s of late but I refuse to accept we are worse than any other set of fans. Up until about February Hearts fans were tearing in to Locke despite the circumstances they found themselves in. Then they started winning and they suddenly wanted to keep him. Rangers fans despite winning most weeks (granted they should be) don't have much time for their greatest ever striker. Celtic supporters are on Delias back already. Remember what Aberdeen fans were like under Craig Brown? StMirren fans wanted shot of Danny Lennon despite him winning a cup and keeping them in the Spl which is as good as it'll ever get for them.

Now we have a situation where folk are moaning about folk moaning. Bit ironic that. And say Harris scores on Tuesday, the folk moaning about the moaners will be on here straight away to gloat and say that they told you so. If folk want to moan at a game or on here so be it, it's their choice. It shouldn't become personal and in the main I don't think it does. The vast majority of the shouts I hear at games or read on hear relate to someone doing or not doing their job on the park. IMO of course.

I couldn't have wrote that any better myself. Well said!

I have nothing against Harris personally, my opinion of the lad is he's not good enough to play first team football I don't think Stanton is either. They may well go on and mature into good players I've no idea but as it stands these guys are very poor IMO that is and I'd like better players. Sadly though the board have appointed to many crap managers and had to waste money paying them off so we don't have cash it would seem.

Unless they pull Griffiths out their arse then I'll be on to praise them like mad! 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanM
24-08-2014, 08:38 PM
I can't really add anything to the OP's comment apart from a 100% agree

JimBHibees
24-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Agree totally with the OP. There is no doubt valid criticism however the level of personal abuse goes way beyond that is simply disgusting. Bottom line is that it is only a game.

matty_f
24-08-2014, 08:52 PM
The OP is spot on. The forum is fast being ruined by folk who can't debate a point without spitting the dummy and becoming abusive. That's if they've not already started on the abuse aimed at the club, staff, and players.

With friends like these...

Mikey
24-08-2014, 09:16 PM

I agree completely with that.

Tell you what though. As soon as someone "leaves the building" as a result of that sort of behaviour the admin team gets the usual pish about stopping free speech and weeding out a certain group of posters. So it doesn't matter what we do.

Warnings have been posted up repeatedly but they're continually ignored. Maybe we should just start removing people in the way that we're often accused of doing, it's not as if it could make us any more unpopular :greengrin

Stax
24-08-2014, 09:21 PM
I read .net for years before taking the plunge & joining last year. The main reason being I need my bairns to set sky + / show me how to use a computer/phone..I'm glad I did and enjoy having a look everyday & wasting time at work re new signings, moaning about things in general and just being a hibby. I've got to agree with a lot of views saying things are less humorous and more bile gets spouted but... I'm sick of the blame fans shi** being spouted. A decent team playing good football isn't to much to ask for a club of our size / capability and everything would be good in the world. GGTTH

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Is it really so hard for some to focus on attacking the argument and not the person?:rolleyes:

Eyrie
24-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Excellent post.

There is a clear difference between criticising a player for a poor decision or a poor game, and the personal attacks that have become commonplace. Unfortunately the keyboard warriors are desperately trying to outdo each other with the latter.

Jim Herriot
24-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Is it really so hard for some to focus on attacking the argument and not the person?:rolleyes:

'You must be drunk. Or on drugs.'

This is a common rejoinder on here that always annoys me.

topmab
24-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Well said. Great post and I concur.

Iain G
24-08-2014, 10:39 PM
I used to be on here all the time, posting lots and quite enjoying a lot of what was posted regardless of how the team were performing.

Now i hardly ever post and sometimes avoid the main board completely for days at a time because of the bile and venom spouted towards the club, the players and even each other as fans......its toxic IMO and getting worse.

Makes me long for the days when YeomanJaniceRand was the pinnacle of doom and gloom trolling

Ah the halcyon days of .net :greengrin

Maybe its a reflection on changes is society, the all prevailing immediacy of the internet that is now widely available or the fault of Simon Cowell, but the tone and humour has shifted over the years of me reading and posting on here and in previous incarnations. Even when things wern't going well on the pitch there was a dark humour to posts, now it just seems like the same bile and vitriol and hate gets regurgitated every week and makes visiting hibs.net less of a priority for me and less of a fun experience.

gegs70
25-08-2014, 04:18 AM
Ah the halcyon days of .net :greengrin

Maybe its a reflection on changes is society, the all prevailing immediacy of the internet that is now widely available or the fault of Simon Cowell, but the tone and humour has shifted over the years of me reading and posting on here and in previous incarnations. Even when things wern't going well on the pitch there was a dark humour to posts, now it just seems like the same bile and vitriol and hate gets regurgitated every week and makes visiting hibs.net less of a priority for me and less of a fun experience.

Keep smiling Mr G!!

Iain G
25-08-2014, 05:02 AM
Keep smiling Mr G!!

Always! If there is anything supporting Hibs has taught me, it's to keep on smiling :wink:

The Falcon
25-08-2014, 05:53 AM

Unless we are not winning "the Hibs way" that is. then they still get it tight.

OP is on the button.

Turkish Green
25-08-2014, 06:16 AM

Does this "streak" go back to the departure of Mowbray and the appointment of JC. Sure, he won the League Cup but the rot set in there. After JC no manager had a winning %age above 40%. But Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher in succession dragged the club down.

As for the OP, I try not to criticise players personally on the forum, although self restraint is hard when it comes to some performances. However, criticising of Management is fair game.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Unless we are not winning "the Hibs way" that is. then they still get it tight.

OP is on the button.

When did this happen? If we win games we are a lot happier as is this place, some folk just want want to make things up.

The Falcon
25-08-2014, 08:38 AM
When did this happen? If we win games we are a lot happier as is this place, some folk just want want to make things up.

Usually happier but not always. Calderwoods wee spell of wins. Yogi.

Mikey
25-08-2014, 08:43 AM
A wee reminder from May, but still valid now........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284584-*****A-Not-So-Gentle-Reminder*****

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Usually happier but not always. Calderwoods wee spell of wins. Yogi.

Calderwood spell was an unmitigated disaster from the moment he arrived to the day he left, and while there was some folk a little unhappy under yogi even when we were winning, are you honestly trying to say this message board was as negative as it is now when we were sitting 2nd in the league under Hughes?

As i said and others too, Hibs winning regularly equals Hibs fans happy and that means this message board is more upbeat.

I'd actually be more worried if Hibs fans were happy at the moment.

erin go bragh
25-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Agree with the op . Its more depressing on the MB than at the games .

Ggtth

The Falcon
25-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Calderwood spell was an unmitigated disaster from the moment he arrived to the day he left, and while there was some folk a little unhappy under yogi even when we were winning, are you honestly trying to say this message board was as negative as it is now when we were sitting 2nd in the league under Hughes?

I don't think that's what I said.

Stevie Reid
25-08-2014, 09:17 AM
And say Harris scores on Tuesday, the folk moaning about the moaners will be on here straight away to gloat and say that they told you so.

I find this part of your post especially interesting.

Mikey
25-08-2014, 09:19 AM

As i said and others too, Hibs winning regularly equals Hibs fans happy and that means this message board is more upbeat.

I'd actually be more worried if Hibs fans were happy at the moment.

Of course people are unhappy but it's the way it's expressed that's the problem.

Over the years users have pushed as far as they can to see where the line is. Well it's been reached :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2014, 09:19 AM
I don't think that's what I said.

So you agree that when we are winning regularly things are better in the stands and on this message board?:confused:

drumatic44
25-08-2014, 09:38 AM
People !!, before everyone on Hibs.net indulges in a mass wrist slitting excercise, can I just remind one and all that the last time we were down ( under Alex McLeish ) there were some very indifferent performances before things got going and we strolled it winning by a record number of points.
Now, I'm not suggesting anything similar is going to happen this season, I see no Sauzee's, Latapy's or Matty Jack's winging their way to ER. and we didn't have the two manky mobs to contend with, but, really , keep calm , support the team and FFS. give Stubbs a chance he's just in the door. !!

Stevie Reid
25-08-2014, 09:58 AM
One thing that most definitely does happen on this board is that when we go through a wee run of bad results under a manager, many then start pulling apart the good results and claiming that we were lucky to win the games that we did - I'm actually very surprised that more folk haven't started claiming we were lucky to win against Livi (even though it would be completely untrue).

Our most successful managers in recent times - McLeish, Mowbray and Collins - are all regularly labelled as simply being lucky on here.

carnoustiehibee
25-08-2014, 10:01 AM
People !!, before everyone on Hibs.net indulges in a mass wrist slitting excercise, can I just remind one and all that the last time we were down ( under Alex McLeish ) there were some very indifferent performances before things got going and we strolled it winning by a record number of points.
Now, I'm not suggesting anything similar is going to happen this season, I see no Sauzee's, Latapy's or Matty Jack's winging their way to ER. and we didn't have the two manky mobs to contend with, but, really , keep calm , support the team and FFS. give Stubbs a chance he's just in the door. !!

That was a totally different squad of proper experienced ,tough,hairy arsed men. Dennis Hughes Lovell mcginlay latapy sauzee mixu fenwick crawford.

Now we have all middle class soft lads Hanlon Forster Stevenson Harris Robertson handling Stanton Cummings all scared to shout bully teams and scrap results.

We need some experience players very soon if any chance of getting up

Viva_Palmeiras
25-08-2014, 11:09 AM
That was a totally different squad of proper experienced ,tough,hairy arsed men. Dennis Hughes Lovell mcginlay latapy sauzee mixu fenwick crawford.

Now we have all middle class soft lads Hanlon Forster Stevenson Harris Robertson handling Stanton Cummings all scared to shout bully teams and scrap results.

We need some experience players very soon if any chance of getting up

Middle class landscape gardeners?

Keith_M
25-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I've been critical in the last few weeks but you're right, some of the stuff is over the top.

TBF, maybe the biggest difference between when you first joined and now is purely down to the fact we were then in the SPL and performing reasonably well. Some of the negativity is understandable.

MyJo
25-08-2014, 11:17 AM
One thing that most definitely does happen on this board is that when we go through a wee run of bad results under a manager, many then start pulling apart the good results and claiming that we were lucky to win the games that we did - I'm actually very surprised that more folk haven't started claiming we were lucky to win against Livi (even though it would be completely untrue).

Our most successful managers in recent times - McLeish, Mowbray and Collins - are all regularly labelled as simply being lucky on here.

:agree:
McLeish only did well becuase he chucked money at the team.
Mowbray was lucky because he had a raft of good young players coming through at the same time.
Collins might have been manager when we won a trophy but it was Mowbrays team he had so dont give him any credit.

H18Y GW
25-08-2014, 11:22 AM

I'm not a regular poster but the quality of threads and posts both here and on the bounce always mirror what the situation is with the club and more so the team..

There is abuse but there is also the truth regarding players and some may cross over , personal abuse No, posting regarding the lack of ability and commitment IMO is surely acceptable .

ekhibee
25-08-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm not a regular poster but the quality of threads and posts both here and on the bounce always mirror what the situation is with the club and more so the team..

There is abuse but there is also the truth regarding players and some may cross over , personal abuse No, posting regarding the lack of ability and commitment IMO is surely acceptable .
I would agree with this. Player's performances on the park, particularly if they are consistently poor, are going to attract comments, and not complimentary ones. I totally agree that people shouldn't get involved in personal abuse of course, but compliments to the admins, they do step in when it gets completely out of order. The thing that actually annoys me even more is when a thread is started, and ends up being full of irrelevant nonsense that has nothing to do with what the opening post was about. Sometimes a thread might be 3 or 4 pages long and you have to go through a whole page before somebody actually expresses a point of view about what was being raised in the opening post.

Golden Bear
25-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Many of the most vitriolic comments can be found in the threads relating to the political campaign which is being waged against the current owner and the Board.

Rational debate is one thing but personal attacks are well out of order and do not add any credibility to those who are crying out for radical change.

The_Exile
25-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Collins might have been manager when we won a trophy but it was Mowbrays team he had so dont give him any credit.

Not sure if this was in jest, assuming it was, but thought I'd have a moan anyway :greengrin This view of "Mowbrays Team"really annoys me. "Mowbrays" team got beat off Killie 2-1 before he left for West Brom, and it was 2-1 going on 4 or 5 that day by the way. Collins came in and had us playing some great stuff, people seem to forget we were struggling a bit when Mowbray left (W3 D2 L4), there were some big scorelines with Collins. We beat Motherwell 6-1, St Mirren 5-1, Killie 5-1. Killie finished above us in the league that year too.

In response to the OP, everbody has access to the internet, and any web forum (especially fitba ones) will attract absolute welts of society. I'ts best to just ignore them as attention makes them worse.

FranckSuzy
25-08-2014, 12:52 PM
I think there should be a *minimum age for those who wish to register, so they can post :agree: :hide: :wink:

Seriously though, in an age where multiple emails can be sent in seconds, there does seem to be a kneejerk reaction which wasn't around a few season back, where folk now feel the need to express their dis-satisfaction on a lot of things instantly.

*Older posters can of course be guilty of coming on here pashed/after defeats and venting their spleens on messageboards too :aok:

KeithTheHibby
25-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Is personal abuse towards players deleted in the same way as it is towards other posters?

Fans moaning is one thing, personal abuse isn't. Should be an automatic ban either that some kind of suspension.

MyJo
25-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Not sure if this was in jest, assuming it was, but thought I'd have a moan anyway :greengrin This view of "Mowbrays Team"really annoys me. "Mowbrays" team got beat off Killie 2-1 before he left for West Brom, and it was 2-1 going on 4 or 5 that day by the way. Collins came in and had us playing some great stuff, people seem to forget we were struggling a bit when Mowbray left (W3 D2 L4), there were some big scorelines with Collins. We beat Motherwell 6-1, St Mirren 5-1, Killie 5-1. Killie finished above us in the league that year too.

In response to the OP, everbody has access to the internet, and any web forum (especially fitba ones) will attract absolute welts of society. I'ts best to just ignore them as attention makes them worse.

I was simply providing examples of the type of nonsense that is trotted out about our "successful" managers.

Totally agree with what you have said about Collins but everyone prefers to focus on the fact that some of his signings weren't great and the fact he lost the dressing room trying to instill some professionalism into the squad rather than the fact he had the players playing decent football, scoring plenty of goals and the fittest squad we've probably ever had that helped us win our only trophy in the last 20 years

hibee62
25-08-2014, 01:33 PM

Paatelainens spell in charge comes to mind for me.

Bobby's Cinema
25-08-2014, 01:48 PM
part of the problem for me is that although I've been going to games since I was five as in the song, my first ST was Mowbray's first season. Since then it's been a long gradual decline into where we are now.

It's no wonder I'm a moaning ******* if that was the expected standard :greengrin

That's my excuse anyway

Stevie Reid
25-08-2014, 01:51 PM

:agree:
McLeish only did well becuase he chucked money at the team.
Mowbray was lucky because he had a raft of good young players coming through at the same time.

Paatelainens spell in charge comes to mind for me.

I'm pretty sure the infamous 'Fenlon out, Butcher in' thread was started when we were 3rd in the SPL in mid December.

The Falcon
25-08-2014, 02:29 PM
So you agree that when we are winning regularly things are better in the stands and on this message board?:confused:

Apologies G.

My post should have read that "some" still give it to them tight.

Don't know if that changes anything.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Apologies G.

My post should have read that "some" still give it to them tight.

Don't know if that changes anything.

No need to apologise Falcon, as i said earlier, if we win most of us are happy. If we lose we are sad, but if we lose regularly the mood in the stands, on this message board and even in the pubs are understandably worse the longer it goes on.

As i also said earlier, if this place was a happy place at the moment i'd be even more worried as i am now.

Pete
25-08-2014, 04:15 PM

It's the trolls I have a problem with. They're all over the place, aren't they?

CropleyWasGod
25-08-2014, 04:26 PM
It's the trolls I have a problem with. They're all over the place, aren't they?

I yearn for the days when a troll was something you stuck on the end of a pencil.

Newcastlehibby
25-08-2014, 06:57 PM
I yearn for the days when a troll was something you stuck on the end of a pencil.

Maybe it's time we sourced some really big pencils.

Stantons Angel
25-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Hibs.net is going to get even uglier in the next few months because our once proud football club is going to sink to depths we did not even know existed.

That shower of losers should have been man handled out of ER after last season but the not only is the malaise continuing, it is being encouraged!

Utterly shameful.

Yes your post is utterly shameful and in no way reflects the valid points the original poster has made!

Football sites are ok when the team is doing ok, everyone is hunky dory and basking in the achievements of the team on the park.

Last season was one i wanted to end so quickly just like most supporters, the football we had to watch day in day out was terrible, the posts on here rated from childish to disgusting personal attacks.

What got me was i know personally that a few of the posters do not even go to a game and havent for years. I used to look forward to a bit of banter with my fellow Hibbies but even the posters who dare go against some of the loud mouths get slated with personal insults.

Im really not sure what makes people like that they wouldnt want their families or friends spoken too in the way some of you speak of young players. You would be up in arms if they did!!

For the love of our club and for your own self respect why cant you lay off the name calling and state your point of view without the poisoning and vile personal remarks then maybe coming on here would be a lot more informative and less insulting.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Maybe it's time we sourced some really big pencils.

:thumbsup:

:top marks

steakbake
25-08-2014, 08:12 PM
I think it's fair that people are down. Rightly so. Club is in the doldrums. People have heard "it'll change" from the club management far too often over a number if years. There's been little sign of it ever gaining traction and if now is the time it's going to happen, we're off to an interesting start.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-08-2014, 08:40 PM
People are simply running out of patience, hard to believe I know!

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2014, 08:57 PM
People are simply running out of patience, hard to believe I know!

:tee hee:

SMAXXA
25-08-2014, 11:02 PM

And they get right in my ****ing nerves, what happened to old fashioned football chat with words over some stupid picture after picture and some folks avatar lasts half a thread. Stevie your hearing me pal, nowt personal just a pet hate. Surprised the admins allow so much pish to be fair.

SteveHFC
25-08-2014, 11:05 PM
And they get right in my ****ing nerves, what happened to old fashioned football chat with words over some stupid picture after picture and some folks avatar lasts half a thread. Stevie your hearing me pal, nowt personal just a pet hate. Surprised the admins allow so much pish to be fair.

I post gifs all the time simply because most people on here like them. If no one liked them i wouldn't post them. The admins don't mind me posting gifs etc but only if i keep down to a certain level :aok:

SteveHFC
25-08-2014, 11:07 PM

I'll stop posting that gif just to keep you happy mate :aok:

jacomo
26-08-2014, 11:17 AM

I'd forgotten all about YJR. Good times.

Definitely need a return to more humour and less bile on here. There are a few planks who quite frankly need a sense of perspective in life. Being a Hibs fan is great - there's a huge history to savour, we can enjoy the EPL, Champions League and other competitions for the football rather than partisan rivalries, if you ever bump into another Hibs fan outside Scotland you've got something to talk about, and we have a genuine understanding and appreciation of the meagre successes that come our way.