PDA

View Full Version : coaches

livy
24-08-2014, 11:57 AM
can someone tell me why we need as many coaches at hibs,according to the official site we have eight of them in some sort of guise or another how much dose this cost in wages, would it not be more beneficial spent on playing staff:confused:

CapitalGreen
24-08-2014, 12:04 PM
8? We have 5 coaching staff.

Manager
Assistant
First team coach
Gk player/coach
Fitness coach

Do you know how much they are paid and who in your mind is surplus to requirements?

Beefster
24-08-2014, 12:07 PM
can someone tell me why we need as many coaches at hibs,according to the official site we have eight of them in some sort of guise or another how much dose this cost in wages, would it not be more beneficial spent on playing staff:confused:

Two physios.
A goalkeeping coach.
One conditioning coach.
One coach apparently on gardening leave.

But three coaches doesn't sound as bad, does it?

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2014, 12:09 PM
A good manager and coaching staff are far more important than any player, they just need to be given more than 4 matches.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2014, 12:11 PM
A good manager and coaching staff are far more important than any player, they just need to be given more than 4 matches.

It needs to be the right balance. I think with the amount of players we lost then that should have been the first area for focus. I don't think this season was the time to spend all we have got on coaches

CapitalGreen
24-08-2014, 12:25 PM
It needs to be the right balance. I think with the amount of players we lost then that should have been the first area for focus. I don't think this season was the time to spend all we have got on coaches

I'll ask you same question the OP is yet to answer.

Do you know how much they are paid and who in your mind is surplus to requirements?

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2014, 12:28 PM
I'll ask you same question the OP is yet to answer.

I have no idea how much they are paid. Have you? Considering they left quite high-ish profile jobs to come to us suggests that they will be on a decent wage.

I think the right structure is in place however the team on the park should have been sorted out first, as soon as Stubbs came in. We are now a week away from the transfer window closing and we are nowhere near having a squad worth competing at the top end of this league

CapitalGreen
24-08-2014, 12:41 PM
I have no idea how much they are paid. Have you? Considering they left quite high-ish profile jobs to come to us suggests that they will be on a decent wage.

I think the right structure is in place however the team on the park should have been sorted out first, as soon as Stubbs came in. We are now a week away from the transfer window closing and we are nowhere near having a squad worth competing at the top end of this league

You have no idea how much they cost but in your previous post you were happy to state we spent all we have on coaches.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2014, 12:43 PM
You have no idea how much they cost but in your previous post you were happy to state we spent all we have on coaches.

So you don't know either then?

Where else has the budget gone? Certainly not on the squad

CapitalGreen
24-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Hence why I'm not making accusations at the club for spending all out money on coaches. As far as I'm aware Stubbs is given a budget for his on salary and that of his staff he brings in. If Stubbs wants a higher paid assistant, he takes the hit on his own salary. It was the same for both Butcher and Fenlon.

I'm still awaiting an answer to the second question of who you feel is surplus to requirements from the coaching staff.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Hence why I'm not making accusations at the club for spending all out money on coaches. As far as I'm aware Stubbs is given a budget for his on salary and that of his staff he brings in. If Stubbs wants a higher paid assistant, he takes the hit on his own salary. It was the same for both Butcher and Fenlon.

I'm still awaiting an answer to the second question of who you feel is surplus to requirements from the coaching staff.

I don't think any of them are but if you had properly read my first statement, I feel we should have concentrated first and foremost on what was ON the park and then looked at the restructure of the background staff.

No point in having all the experts in there with nobody to go out and do the job that actually matters

livy
27-09-2014, 01:27 PM
just been looking at our backroom staff on the official site,andi am baffled,we have a head coach,an assistant coach, a first team coach,a head physio, senior physio.strength and conditoning coach, and a head of sport science and fitness what the hell is all this costing,its players we should be investing in,speaking as a HIBBY of 50 years i am sickened by it.:confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
27-09-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm not.

Malthibby
27-09-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm not.

Me neither.
GG

iwasthere1972
27-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Strange thread title. :confused:

Jack
27-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Strange. :confused:

I hope you don't mind my amendment!

Mikey
27-09-2014, 01:45 PM

just been looking at our backroom staff on the official site,andi am baffled,we have a head coach,an assistant coach, a first team coach,a head physio, senior physio.strength and conditoning coach, and a head of sport science and fitness what the hell is all this costing,its players we should be investing in,speaking as a HIBBY of 50 years i am sickened by it.:confused:

I've merged your 2 threads, although it does look like you were given the answer first time round :wink:

Tom Hart RIP
27-09-2014, 01:54 PM
According to Kenny Miller from the sun we are looking to bring in Joe Mcbride to replace James Mcdonaugh

Viva_Palmeiras
27-09-2014, 06:07 PM

Its kinda funny that in recognising that the academy has been underperforming - we then take significant steps to sort it and that's slated. What would people that have run and had input to successful academies North and South of the border know?

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2014, 08:54 PM

Is the 50 years as a hibby relevant or did you just feel it would add weight to your observations? It doesn't by the way.

Eyrie
27-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Things have changed over the last fifty years. You now invest in players by having the right structure to maximise their abilities as opposed to simply paying them more for what they can already do.

lucky
28-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Man Utd have shown with the correct manager and staff the players perform. They never invested as much as their rivals when Fergie was in charge as he could get more out of players. So if we get it right of the park we will get it right on it.

This looks like a thread for people to moan about Hibs because we never played today

Forza Fred
28-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Man Utd have shown with the correct manager and staff the players perform. They never invested as much as their rivals when Fergie was in charge as he could get more out of players. So if we get it right of the park we will get it right on it.

This looks like a thread for people to moan about Hibs because we never played today

I agree We wernie crap today! :greengrin