View Full Version : Next four games

Hibeesmad
24-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Our next four games before we face Rangers are:

Dumbarton (H)
Alloa (A)
Cowdenbeath (H)
Queen of the south (A)

I think that we need to go out and win all of these games to take us into the rangers game with real confidence to put us back into the mix with Rangers and Hearts. Looking at those fixtures I think the two home games are easily winnable but the two away ones will be rough as both teams will be up for it, Alloa after a 3-0 win this weekend and Queen of the south who are currently 2nd. But when you compare the squads we should be winning both games.

I predict 3 wins and 1 draw from these four games

over the line
24-08-2014, 01:01 AM

Dumbarton (H)
Alloa (A)
Cowdenbeath (H)
Queen of the south (A)

I think that we need to go out and win all of these games to take us into the rangers game with real confidence to put us back into the mix with Rangers and Hearts. Looking at those fixtures I think the two home games are easily winnable but the two away ones will be rough as both teams will be up for it, Alloa after a 3-0 win this weekend and Queen of the south who are currently 2nd. But when you compare the squads we should be winning both games.

Well I'll see your 3 wins and a draw and I'll raise you a 4 wins prediction! But I am an eternal optimist, who is currently full of whisky! Still think we are good for 4 wins though and that will kick start our season. :D

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 01:06 AM

Dumbarton (H)
Alloa (A)
Cowdenbeath (H)
Queen of the south (A)

I admire your optimism, but as we don't know what our first team will look like until after the transfer window closes, I will refrain from predictions, positive or otherwise. This said, 4 quality additions might just persuade me to become the optimist I used to be.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-08-2014, 01:25 AM
Win
Draw
Win
Lose

Steve20
24-08-2014, 03:42 AM
Win
Win
Draw
Lose

Billy McKirdy
24-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Lose
Lose
Lose
Lose

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2014, 06:29 AM
4 points at best.

BarneyHibby
24-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Win
Win
Win
Draw

allezsauzee
24-08-2014, 07:55 AM
We should win all 4 games but we obviously need to start taking our chances.

over the line
24-08-2014, 08:44 AM
Lose
Lose
Lose
Lose

It's going to be a long hard season for you isn't it? ;):)

Billy McKirdy
24-08-2014, 11:16 AM
It's going to be a long hard season for you isn't it? ;):)

It is!
In all seriousness, unless we sign some real quality before the window closes we are up $hi7 creek with no paddle, the soft underbelly will be ruthlessly punished in this league make no mistake.

The Leith Dutch
24-08-2014, 11:22 AM
One of the less than ideal facts about yesterday's loss is that I think one of the things Stubbs would be aware of is that a promotion challenge had to take as it's foundation a perfect home record against clubs outside the yams and the rangers.

Yesterday's loss basically makes a win at Ibrokes breaking even from a league perspective.

Not that I want celebrate that win to a liver threatening extent you understand :greengrin

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Win
Draw
Win
Lose

leggeto
24-08-2014, 11:28 AM

Dumbarton (H)
Alloa (A)
Cowdenbeath (H)
Queen of the south (A)

I like you optimism, win against alloa and cowdenbeath, lose to QOS,might scrape a win in the cup just

over the line
24-08-2014, 11:52 AM
It is!
In all seriousness, unless we sign some real quality before the window closes we are up $hi7 creek with no paddle, the soft underbelly will be ruthlessly punished in this league make no mistake.

I fear that you are almost certainly correct on this. But I'm still sticking by my 4 wins prediction (incurable optimist!) , although I'm not putting my money where my mouth is! :D

Ross89
24-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Win
Win
Win
Draw

This.

patch1875
24-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Win
Win
Win
Draw

West hamBERNIAN
24-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Draw
Win
Win
Win

Billy Whizz
24-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Draw
Win
Win
Win

How can you draw the Dumbarton game, its a cup tie?

SaulGoodman
24-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Win
Win
Win
Win

Stranraer
24-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Win
Draw
Win
Lose

QoS are tough to beat at home - we should beat Dumbarton reasonably comfortably on Tue night.

over the line
24-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Win
Win
Win
Win

An optimist like myself, like it! :)

Heisenberg
24-08-2014, 02:24 PM
We've got to get into a winning habit quickly. Would be good to start with this run of games before we go to Ibrox.

24-08-2014, 02:28 PM
4 big games. We need to get back to winning ways and get the confidence back up.

Sir David Gray
24-08-2014, 09:05 PM
The fact that we can no longer look at four matches against Dumbarton, Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Queen of the South and say with any degree of confidence that we'll win all four is tragic.

Ronniekirk
24-08-2014, 09:15 PM
The fact that we can no longer look at four matches against Dumbarton, Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Queen of the South and say with any degree of confidence that we'll win all four is tragic.
I am more confident about our prospects in these four games than I was about our chances in the first four .However already the team is having to chop and change game on game and that won't be helping get consistency of performance .lets hope that after the cup game we then settle on our best 11 and get a run of games and wins with that team .

Smartie
24-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Saturday's game would have been different if we'd scored early when we were on top, but that was true of many of our worst results last season.

You would hope that we'd have enough about us to beat Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath at home but if we don't score early we might struggle again. I'm actually less concerned about the away games because our "supporters" are more likely to actually support the team away from ER.

I don't think we're far away and with some decent transfer business there is no reason why we shouldn't win all these games. Without it though our challenge could be over by October and we'll be hoping for a play-off at best.

Waxy
25-08-2014, 11:45 AM
No feeling very optimistic at all. After what we've been through last few years i'm wondering if we've hit rock bottom or could it get much much worse.

West hamBERNIAN
25-08-2014, 04:31 PM
How can you draw the Dumbarton game, its a cup tie?

just by being level after 90 mins. :wink:

steviehibsleith
25-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Win
win
win
draw

over the line
26-08-2014, 08:57 PM
It is!

I hope tonights result goes some way to easing your pain? :)

My four wins prediction is well and trully on! :D

GGTTH