PDA

View Full Version : 3 games

hibee92
23-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Ah well. Season is over. Settle down, Christ. If we're still mince by December then panic. Aye we need to massively improve but can we all just calm it a bit? Nut? Ah well.

TheFamous1875
23-08-2014, 11:32 PM
To be fair, I'd rather start ***** and end well. We're only three games in and anything can happen between now and May.

hibee92
24-08-2014, 12:11 AM
To be fair, I'd rather start ***** and end well. We're only three games in and anything can happen between now and May.

Exactly. I'm furious at the start and I'm not happy with the way the club is being run and I've done as much as any fan can do.
But in pure football terms, we have 3 points from 9, rangers have 6 and they have 9. Who's to say there won't be a spell in October, January, march, or any month where it will be us on top in three games. Like I said, if we're still struggling in December or so then absolutely panic but its only three games gone. Stubbs isn't going to crack it this quickly. Lets give it a good go this season. And who knows? We could win this thing. It's ours to lose, it's hearts to lose and it's rangers to lose.

Pete
24-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Ah well. Season is over. Settle down, Christ. If we're still mince by December then panic. Aye we need to massively improve but can we all just calm it a bit? Nut? Ah well.

We've went from playing rangers off the park, beating Livingston and losing unluckily to hearts to the brink of disaster after this defeat. Livingston was now a fluke and hearts are leagues ahead of us. All is lost, we've no chance of promotion and there is every chance we can go down again. All within the space of three league games.

Its like a big attention-seeking competition to see who can come accross as the most depressed, hurt, sad or disinterested.

Heedersnvolleys
24-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Ah well let's wait until we are 10 points behind before we panic

over the line
24-08-2014, 12:20 AM
It's not how you start the season that matter, its how you finish that counts (blocking out last season of course!:eek: ) . Bit cheesy but true. It's early days yet and AS and the team have had far from ideal circumstances to prepare for the new season have they? I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet. It's a shame so many others are though.

Pete
24-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Ah well let's wait until we are 10 points behind before we panic

That would be more sensible.

Heedersnvolleys
24-08-2014, 12:28 AM
That would be more sensible.
I fear December will be too late my friend!

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 12:34 AM
It's not how you start the season that matter, its how you finish that counts. Bit cheesy but true. It's early days yet and AS and the team have had far from ideal circumstances to prepare for the new season have they? I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet. It's a shame so many others are though.

I always have issues with this kind of logic. 3 points dropped at the start of the season will impact as much as 3 dropped at the end. For example (discounting The Rangers) were we to match Hearts game by game, point for point, between now and the end of the season and lose out on promotion by 6 points to them. That early season derby defeat and the Falkirk defeat will be the very defeats that cost us, irrespective of how we finished the season.

over the line
24-08-2014, 12:40 AM
I always have issues with this kind of logic. 3 points dropped at the start of the season will impact as much as 3 dropped at the end. For example (discounting The Rangers) were we to match Hearts game by game, point for point, between now and the end of the season and lose out on promotion by 6 points to them. That early season derby defeat and the Falkirk defeat will be the very defeats that cost us, irrespective of how we finished the season.

Yes fair enough, makes sense. But I'm just a glass half full kind of guy, trying not to render the rest of the new season totally pointless (just yet). ;):) We can't change the results behind us, but we can hope for better ones ahead of us can't we?

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Yes fair enough, makes sense. But I'm just a glass half full kind of guy, trying not to render the rest of the new season totally pointless (just yet). ;):)

I understand completely where you are coming from, Believe me, I'm trying hard to be that glass half full. You are already there.:wink:

over the line
24-08-2014, 12:45 AM
I understand completely where you are coming from, Believe me, I'm trying hard to be that glass half full. You are already there.:wink:

Believe me I have emptied quite a few glasses as well! But we keep going and live in hope don't we?!?! :D

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 12:48 AM
Believe me I have emptied quite a few glasses as well! But we keep going and live in hope don't we?!?! :D

We do indeed, sir. :aok:

Hibeesmad
24-08-2014, 12:49 AM
If you said to me before the rangers game that we would lose against Rangers, Hearts and Falkirk in our first 4 competitive games I would think that's us over with. But it's only early days, What we need is a good run from now up until the end of September when we face rangers where we can hopefully put ourselves back into the mix.

1 or 2 more signings also needed, pace is what we are lacking out for up front to link up with Farid

Springbank
24-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Need a ****** enema

HFC 0-7
24-08-2014, 01:31 AM
The problem is, I think everyone would agree, is we need more players in. Yet again hibs are not ready for the start of the season. The chances are only a few points will separate the teams making the playoffs and the teams not making the playoffs. Any points dropped at the start of the season, where some fans claim it's not that important and can all be made up, could be the difference.

Its not just the results, there are aspects of players games from last season creeping back into this season. Some of these players are not tough enough mentally and it's already starting to show.

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 01:44 AM
The problem is, I think everyone would agree, is we need more players in. Yet again hibs are not ready for the start of the season. The chances are only a few points will separate the teams making the playoffs and the teams not making the playoffs. Any points dropped at the start of the season, where some fans claim it's not that important and can all be made up, could be the difference.

Its not just the results, there are aspects of players games from last season creeping back into this season. Some of these players are not tough enough mentally and it's already starting to show.

I agree 100%:agree:

hibs0666
24-08-2014, 01:47 AM

There is no way that our team is capable of going on a long unbeaten run or turning Easter Road into a fortress. We have issues.

Eyrie
24-08-2014, 09:58 AM

I don't think anyone would disagree with that, but the difference is that there is plenty of time to recover from early losses or for rivals to drop points themselves as the season progresses. When you get to the last few games that room for recovery no longer exists, which is why three points in March or April feel more valuable than three points in August despite having the same effect on the final table.