PDA

View Full Version : Jumping the gun

scotiaf
23-08-2014, 10:00 PM
3 games, 3 points.. Not the dream start we all hoped for.

Never seen today by all accounts but could have scored at least 1.

Livingston we won and should have won by more than 1

Hearts, penalty we should have been 1 up and were the better team, even when it hit 2 nil we had 2 chances and sadly took the hardest.

We will pick up, if any 1 remembers the last journey down here we started beating teams fairy easily.

I know due to the hearts barstewards being down here the extra pressure is there. But minimum we will end up in the top four and expect us to see out and Gallup out there and get to play the spl team on a high.

We need a couple of players but I expect by January to be sitting in the mix.

Tough times for a Hibbes but enjoy the ride, standing at games and eventually scoring 3+ a game

Believe

yankyhibby
23-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Should have's and could have's do not give us points. The games are dead and gone. Both Hearts and Falkirk have the points in the bag. We have nothing to show from either game and thus we currently lie 8th in the table.
It's a poor start to what is supposed to be a promotion-seeking season. Alan Stubbs will hopefully be able to address the issues of lack of quality, fight and belief. He needs financial support from the very top and, yes, a further clear out of those players who quite simply are not up to the task of delivering promotion-winning performances.

Stranraer
23-08-2014, 10:19 PM
I for one am glad to hear some enthusiasm.

ArmadaleHibs
23-08-2014, 10:29 PM
3 games, 3 points.. Not the dream start we all hoped for.

Never seen today by all accounts but could have scored at least 1.

Livingston we won and should have won by more than 1

Hearts, penalty we should have been 1 up and were the better team, even when it hit 2 nil we had 2 chances and sadly took the hardest.

We will pick up, if any 1 remembers the last journey down here we started beating teams fairy easily.

I know due to the hearts barstewards being down here the extra pressure is there. But minimum we will end up in the top four and expect us to see out and Gallup out there and get to play the spl team on a high.

We need a couple of players but I expect by January to be sitting in the mix.

Tough times for a Hibbes but enjoy the ride, standing at games and eventually scoring 3+ a game

Believe

Jumping the gun? My ar€e

Were poor. Were an easy team to work out. Were missing so many key positional (good) players. The fans have EVERY right to give up, moan, and just be totally disillusioned. We haven't stepped forward. We've stepped down a division and were obtaining the same results (loss)

Quantity over quality my backside. Were looking at near enough the same team as last year. Yes the players are excited because there's a fresh new impetus with new management but the same frailties are still there. With the 18 squad players we have at this moment in time we will be lucky to finish in the top half never mind the play offs.

Reality - big words from the new set up at Easter road. Nothing, and I mean nothing has changed. If you think a few new pass and move tactics against the utter crap pre season teams we played were enough to make you think different then your a fool. We've played and lost to our three main rivals this season in our first four games.

Our crowds will lessen week by week and unless we pluck some fabulous signings (we no it won't happen) then it's going to be a season were we lose fans for a long long long time.

One word - drivel