PDA

View Full Version : Today's ref

SmashinGlass
23-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Before I begin, I just want to point out that this thread is not intended to blame the match officials for today's result in any way, shape or form.

For the most part, I thought the guy was actually not too bad, and actually made a good decision to continue play in the second half when the linesman had incorrectly flagged for offside. However, I have a serious gripe with his refusal to do anything about falkirk's time wasting, which started immediately following their goal. Indeed, I think he could well have added to the problem with his refusal to allow quick free kicks.

I believe that he was weak and did not have a handle on any of the time wasting which was, for the most part, not even subtle. As I said above, I'm in no way blaming the guy for our defeat, I just wanted to have a moan and get my opinion out there for discussion.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 09:09 PM
I thought he was fine. Every team time wastes and while it's annoying I don't think Falkirk were over doing it.

SaulGoodman
23-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Thought he was good, kept his cards in his pocket too.

ian omand
23-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Before I begin, I just want to point out that this thread is not intended to blame the match officials for today's result in any way, shape or form.

For the most part, I thought the guy was actually not too bad, and actually made a good decision to continue play in the second half when the linesman had incorrectly flagged for offside. However, I have a serious gripe with his refusal to do anything about falkirk's time wasting, which started immediately following their goal. Indeed, I think he could well have added to the problem with his refusal to allow quick free kicks.

I believe that he was weak and did not have a handle on any of the time wasting which was, for the most part, not even subtle. As I said above, I'm in no way blaming the guy for our defeat, I just wanted to have a moan and get my opinion out there for discussion.

No just no

Bishop Hibee
23-08-2014, 09:13 PM
He was fine. If anything, we got away with one or two minor decisions.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Hibs and more so Oxley were time wasting against Livingston, it was no worse today from Falkirk.

hibee_girl
23-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Thought he was fine.

Was it just me though or did his top clash with our strip? Maybe it's just my eyes :greengrin

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 09:20 PM
The only thing he did wrong was not book Liam Craig for his constant moaning in his face. Honestly, hes like a Hibby 21st century John Greig. Im amazed he gets away with it so much.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 09:20 PM
I thought he was fine today as well, though he didn't have much to do.

SmashinGlass
23-08-2014, 09:26 PM
By the sounds of it, maybe I am being a bit harsh.

Suppose it's always more annoying to be on the receiving end.

kaimendhibs
23-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Thought ref was decent today, barely noticed him which makes a nice change

tamig
23-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Crawford Allan had a good game today.no issues.

emerald green
23-08-2014, 09:47 PM
The only thing he did wrong was not book Liam Craig for his constant moaning in his face. Honestly, hes like a Hibby 21st century John Greig. Im amazed he gets away with it so much.

I'm pretty sure Sir Alex Ferguson actively encouraged Willie Miller and Alex McLeish to go moaning and complaining to every referee. I recall the pair of them used to practically bully referees during some games, and they got away with it much of the time.

I think SAF saw it as a way of saying if the Old Firms' captains can do it, so can we. Aberdeen of course went on to break the OF domination of Scottish football, winning league titles and Scottish cups and a European trophy. It seemed to work for them.

I do accept that Aberdeen team were light years better than the players currently at ER of course.

snooky
23-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Best refereeing performance I've seen for a while - and I'm usually a ref hater, BTW
Re time wasting, what about the Handling substitution in 88mins? We apparently have Blobby mark 2.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-08-2014, 03:35 AM
Would agree with the time wasting point from the op

Couple of penalty shout for us in the second half but too far away for me to see (can anyone nearing the ff shed any light?)

What was bad was the linesman (assistant ref) on the west stand was useless and very unfit

Kept letting the number 15 for Falkirk (Dick) take throwins from wherever he fancied

One point in the second half there was a substitution just before a corner to Falkirk. He looked knackered and that he couldn't be bothered going up and down the park

Stewboy
24-08-2014, 05:24 AM
Thought he did well

No problem with time wasting, we do it on the rare occasions we are winning