PDA

View Full Version : Michael Nelson

GlasgowHibee
23-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Probably the only player to get pass marks from me today, looks a lot more solid and composed. Thought he put in a strong performance considering the club have told him he can leave, sign of a true professional.

MWHIBBIES
23-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Yep, had a good game and his distribution was very good.

GlasgowHibee
23-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Definitely, which goes to show that it must have been that ****ing clown Butcher who was instructing him to do it.

Billy Whizz
23-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Definitely, which goes to show that it must have been that ****ing clown Butcher who was instructing him to do it.

Can't remember seeing him launch many, if any long balls today. Played a brilliant reverse ball in the 1st half

Argylehibby
23-08-2014, 07:50 PM
::top marks

I agree but I'm not sure you can say that, pretty sure that's against the. :rules:

LaMotta
23-08-2014, 07:53 PM
He played well, but so did Kennedy and Allan, so not the only player to get pass marks :greengrin

bingo70
23-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Thought he was good against hearts but thought him and forster were both pretty poor today.

We totally dominated today but they still managed to get a few clear cut chances.

Didn't think we looked solid at the back at all today

Mr White
23-08-2014, 07:56 PM
:agree: while he has limited ability his commitment and professionalism are unquestionable.

Golden Bear
23-08-2014, 07:56 PM
The big man was faultless today as he's been in all the games he's featured in so far this season.

c31
23-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Maybe found his level in the lower leagues!!

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Yeah played well again. I'd be letting go of one or two "fans favs" before him!!

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Maybe found his level in the lower leagues!!

If true how far down does Harris, Heff and Craig go??

DaveF
23-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Can somebody tweet this thread to his Mrs as she was giving Hibs fans grief earlier this evening saying how grumpy we all are. I'm sure this will make her feel better :greengrin

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Yeah played well again. I'd be letting go of one or two "fans favs" before him!!

Are we talking about the young favs.

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Are we talking about the young favs.

Yep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Yep!

We have both said that this will be a big season for them, it's about time they stepped up and started showing there potential or they might not be playing football next season for Hibs, and it will only be downwards for them after Hibs.

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 10:49 PM
We have both said that this will be a big season for them, it's about time they stepped up and started showing there potential or they might not be playing football next season for Hibs, and it will only be downwards for them after Hibs.

Correct mate. Really do need to step up now because if you can't do it in this league your in trouble.

yankyhibby
23-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Fair play to Nelson for putting in a couple of decent performances when he could have just downed tools and gone through the motions.

Eyrie
24-08-2014, 10:38 AM
He may be a target for the boo boys based on last season, but given how he's played in the last couple of games I'd keep him. If he goes then we'd need to find an experienced replacement or we'd be left with two kids in Forster and Gardiner to partner Hanlon so, whilst Nelson may be the third choice centre half, he does have a value to Hibs.

The Leith Dutch
24-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Might be being paranoid here but I have a suspicion that Nelson has been told he can leave not because we're looking for better but because we're looking for cheaper.

I'm not his hugest fan but he's an honest professional with some good attributes defensively who is limited in pace and mobility.
I remember him getting sent off last season for two yellows where both were stopping a likely goal.

If he's the back up centre back I'm really not sure we're going to get better so we must be looking for cheaper or at least cheaper with some potential.

Weir7
24-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Fair play to Nelson for putting in a couple of decent performances when he could have just downed tools and gone through the motions.

Cambridge ment to be in for him

The Leith Dutch
24-08-2014, 12:49 PM

We seem to have done the cutting players very assertively this year.
Shame the same can't be said for acquiring the replacements.

If this is indeed true that leaves us 7 days to pick up a centre back (and personally I think we already need one even with Nelson).

dp00
24-08-2014, 01:11 PM
He is a good honest pro... Some of the abuse he takes on twitter is actually Unreal

snooky
24-08-2014, 04:15 PM
MN played decent yesterday - impressed by his attitude (especially having recently been handed the 'Dear John' by Stubbs).
I've slagged Nellie in the past however, credit where credit is due, he deserves a pass mark for his performance.

Dalkeith Hibee
24-08-2014, 04:40 PM
We seem to have done the cutting players very assertively this year.
Shame the same can't be said for acquiring the replacements.

If this is indeed true that leaves us 7 days to pick up a centre back (and personally I think we already need one even with Nelson).

I think a centre half is a priority. Someone to play with Hanlon. Nelson needs to go asap and Im not sure if Forster is good enough either

Hibby 2005
24-08-2014, 04:41 PM
MN played decent yesterday - impressed by his attitude (especially having recently been handed the 'Dear John' by Stubbs).
I've slagged Nellie in the past however, credit where credit is due, he deserves a pass mark for his performance.

Passed the ball well yesterday which made a change, not sure why he couldn't do it before. Central defence still looked dodgy against Falkirk.

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 04:55 PM

If true, then good luck to the guy. I wish him well.

Smartie
24-08-2014, 06:36 PM
There's been a lot of talk over the past 24 hours about mental weakness, loser mentality etc etc.

Here's a guy who has copped a lot of stick since he joined us and has been told he can leave the club, yet he still manages to put it all to one side and has been one of our best players in the past 2 games.

Last year he was justifiably criticised for his distribution but it was infinitely better yesterday and suggests to me that last season and this he has been following the manager's orders - something to be applauded.

We've got Harris STILL ducking out of challenges, Heffernan buckling when 1-on-1 with the keeper, captain fantastic letting it all go to his head yet it's Nelson that we're looking to get rid of?

He's not the best player we've ever had in that position but he's doing the business right now and he seems to be exactly the kind of character we don't have enough of. I think it's mental that we're even considering getting rid of him.

scoopyboy
24-08-2014, 07:00 PM
There's been a lot of talk over the past 24 hours about mental weakness, loser mentality etc etc.

Here's a guy who has copped a lot of stick since he joined us and has been told he can leave the club, yet he still manages to put it all to one side and has been one of our best players in the past 2 games.

Last year he was justifiably criticised for his distribution but it was infinitely better yesterday and suggests to me that last season and this he has been following the manager's orders - something to be applauded.

We've got Harris STILL ducking out of challenges, Heffernan buckling when 1-on-1 with the keeper, captain fantastic letting it all go to his head yet it's Nelson that we're looking to get rid of?

He's not the best player we've ever had in that position but he's doing the business right now and he seems to be exactly the kind of character we don't have enough of. I think it's mental that we're even considering getting rid of him.

My info is he is gone, don't know who to though.

Heard his replacement is nothing to get excited about, don't know who he is but the players do.

Players opinion is that he will be missed in the dressing room as he is a bit of a character and loves playing football.

I would be happy enough for him to see his contract out but at the same time Stubbs needs to bring his own men in.

Looks to me like its one out one in until further notice.

God only knows what will happen when David Gray picks up an inevitable suspension or gets injured.

truehibernian
24-08-2014, 07:50 PM

Heard his replacement is nothing to get excited about, don't know who he is but the players do.

Players opinion is that he will be missed in the dressing room as he is a bit of a character and loves playing football.

I would be happy enough for him to see his contract out but at the same time Stubbs needs to bring his own men in.

God only knows what will happen when David Gray picks up an inevitable suspension or gets injured.

Possibly Hamilton scoopy ? Alex Neill openly stating last week he's on verge of getting in a centre half ??

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 07:55 PM

I said after the game yesterday he looked like a man who was on his way out the door.

Billy Whizz
24-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Possibly Hamilton scoopy ? Alex Neill openly stating last week he's on verge of getting in a centre half ??

Would be surprised at this, but you never know. Thought he might want to play a bit closer to his home

hibee92
24-08-2014, 08:59 PM
jordon forster ‏@jordonforster6 Protected Tweets (https://twitter.com/jordonforster6) 8m (https://twitter.com/jordonforster6/status/503645569454465026)
@mnelse6 (https://twitter.com/mnelse6) was a pleasure my friend.... Thanks for the help along the way! Appreciate it all! Even your snapchats #hero (https://twitter.com/hashtag/hero?src=hash)

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 09:03 PM
jordon forster ‏@jordonforster6 Protected Tweets (https://twitter.com/jordonforster6) 8m (https://twitter.com/jordonforster6/status/503645569454465026)
@mnelse6 (https://twitter.com/mnelse6) was a pleasure my friend.... Thanks for the help along the way! Appreciate it all! Even your snapchats #hero (https://twitter.com/hashtag/hero?src=hash)

That will be that then.

Hope we have a new arrival lined up or we are very, very short at the back.

Heisenberg
24-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Brian McLean mentioned on the bounce recently? Ex Ross County and Dundee United centre half. Nelson came back in the last two games and although I slated him before the Derby he was pretty solid. If it's one in one out from now on I'd like OTJ, Craig and Heffernan out next please Alan :agree:

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Sorry to see him go at the moment, wish him well.

S4uzee
24-08-2014, 10:14 PM
A rather ridiculous decision given our current situation with defenders. Probably hates it at Hibs anyway and who can blame him

wookie70
24-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Has played well in the last two games and is definitely a very good back up CH for this level. Unless him leaving frees up a good chunk of cash then I doubt we will be better off when he is gone. He is also a better player with the ball than I have certainly given him credit for on yesterday's performance.

dp00
24-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Dreading between the lines of his tweets he is off... Shame as he strikes me as the model pro and he is certainly not the worse we have on our books

GlasgowHibee
24-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Brian McLean mentioned on the bounce recently? Ex Ross County and Dundee United centre half. Nelson came back in the last two games and although I slated him before the Derby he was pretty solid. If it's one in one out from now on I'd like OTJ, Craig and Heffernan out next please Alan :agree:

Is that Kovacevic still without a club? He's a ****ing huddy if it is him.

SteveHFC
24-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Dreading between the lines of his tweets he is off... Shame as he strikes me as the model pro and he is certainly not the worse we have on our books

2 central defenders now needed. If we don't sign another centre back or 2 then questions will be getting asked. :aok:

Auckland Hibs
25-08-2014, 07:19 AM
2 central defenders now needed. If we don't sign another centre back or 2 then questions will be getting asked. :aok:

Plus a quality striker - :aok:

R11Loaded
25-08-2014, 07:57 AM
The Forster tweet is now gone.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

PeterboroHibee
25-08-2014, 08:35 AM
I personally think we needed another CB on top of the 3 we have, so disappointed we are letting someone go in a position we have limited options as it is. I assume we will have someone coming in, and whilst Im all for giving players a chance, McLean is absolutely rotten so I hope its not him.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2014, 08:43 AM
The Forster tweet is now gone.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Maybe he's needed for tomorrow night if Paul Hanlon is still injured?

Sammy7nil
25-08-2014, 08:50 AM
One of the worst "Footballers" at ER in the last 5 years and there have been many.
Michael wins battles and competes well enough but plays NO football and was one of the main reasons we got relegated.

Goodbye and good luck.

Elephant Stone
25-08-2014, 09:00 AM
One of the worst "Footballers" at ER in the last 5 years and there have been many.
Michael wins battles and competes well enough but plays NO football and was one of the main reasons we got relegated.

Goodbye and good luck.

Until Butcher arrived he was part of the best defence in the league outside of Celtic. Butcher's arrival and the culture of fear and negativity which followed (synonymous with your post) got us relegated.

oneone73
25-08-2014, 09:01 AM

Goodbye and good luck.

Were you at Saturdays game? His passing was excellent

H18Y GW
25-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Were you at Saturdays game? His passing was excellent

Agree totally

Forster leathered 3 aimless punts and not a peep, off all the guys in the back 5 including the goalie, he was responsible for the least goals by a mile , Goalie and Forster were throwing them in aided by Mcgivern

Witch hunt on him, always has been, he is a defender not a Fuvkin number 10

Winston Ingram
25-08-2014, 09:20 AM

It was better but not brilliant. It was very noticeable that they were happy to let him have it. They pressed everyone else but not him:agree:

Winston Ingram
25-08-2014, 09:21 AM
A rather ridiculous decision given our current situation with defenders. Probably hates it at Hibs anyway and who can blame him

tbf, i think the feelings mutual.

Tyler Durden
25-08-2014, 09:30 AM
This board is a funny place, Nelson leaving and people are upset cos he's had a few average games recently?!

Look at his part against Hamilton FFS, he is a poor player, 34 (?) and overpaid. Where was his leadership on Saturday? Where was he at the Falkirk goal incidentally?

Get him out and let's move on, preferably with a young hungry player who actually has some desire.

Gordy M
25-08-2014, 09:45 AM
If nelson is on bigger wages, as suggested on here, could it be one out, two in?

Hibbyradge
25-08-2014, 09:58 AM

He loves being at Hibs.

Winston Ingram
25-08-2014, 10:00 AM
This board is a funny place, Nelson leaving and people are upset cos he's had a few average games recently?!

Look at his part against Hamilton FFS, he is a poor player, 34 (?) and overpaid. Where was his leadership on Saturday? Where was he at the Falkirk goal incidentally?

Get him out and let's move on, preferably with a young hungry player who actually has some desire.

Exactly. He seems to have all of a sudden turned into Franz Beckenbauer because he wasted less passes than normal on Saturday.

The fact Falkirk didn't bother challenging him spoke volumes. 34, over paid and past it.

tamig
25-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Exactly. He seems to have all of a sudden turned into Franz Beckenbauer because he wasted less passes than normal on Saturday.

The fact Falkirk didn't bother challenging him spoke volumes. 34, over paid and past it.
Far from past it at this level. You're quite clearly his number 1 fan.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2014, 10:15 AM

Where did the "over paid" rumour come from? :confused:

brog
25-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Where did the "over paid" rumour come from? :confused:

Its a Hibs Net fact! I noticed a comment that he was one of our highest earners a few days back, completely not true BTW, then suddenly its a fact. I have to trust AS that if he's letting Mickey go then he has what he considers to be better replacements lined up. As others have said, this board is nuts. I was almost alone in my defence of MN last season, now people are distraught he's leaving!

Stevie Reid
25-08-2014, 12:00 PM

This post is a classic example of the almost complete lack of nuance on this board these days.

Some posters are simply questioning the wisdom of letting go an experienced defender who has performed well in his games so far this season, especially with Hanlon missing the last two games and no other centre half in yet.

Nelson did fine under Fenlon until his injury, and was a nightmare - like many others - under Butcher. He has been good under Stubbs, and I'd have been happy to retain him.

Winston Ingram
25-08-2014, 12:01 PM

He's one of our highest paid players. He upped sticks at the last minute to walk away from Bradford City after leaving Killie a few months earlier as he wanted to move down south. I think it's fairly safe to say that money has persuaded hhim to come up here.

Considering he has been one of our worst players and one of our highest paid i think it's safe to say he's over paid.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2014, 12:06 PM
I think it's fairly safe to say that money has persuaded hhim to come up here.

That's definitely not true.

Winston Ingram
25-08-2014, 12:07 PM
This post is a classic example of the almost complete lack of nuance on this board these days.

Some posters are simply questioning the wisdom of letting go an experienced defender who has performed well in his games so far this season, especially with Hanlon missing the last two games and no other centre half in yet.

Nelson did fine under Fenlon until his injury, and was a nightmare - like many others - under Butcher. He has been good under Stubbs, and I'd have been happy to retain him.

...and others were describing his passing as excellent and very good. Hence the reply.

I agree it's unwise to get rid of him if we've not got anyone lined up as he's better than nothing but all this fawning over his distribution on Saturday is ridiculous. It was just better than his usual standard and he still had a number of his trademark aimless punts.

Tyler Durden
25-08-2014, 12:10 PM
That's definitely not true.

Are you able to enlighten us as to his reasons for joining Hibs?

Hibbyradge
25-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Are you able to enlighten us as to his reasons for joining Hibs?

He wasn't wanted at Bradford after they secured promotion. We made an approach. It's as simple as that.

He most certainly was not offered a lucrative contract.

Tyler Durden
25-08-2014, 12:22 PM
He wasn't wanted at Bradford after they secured promotion. We made an approach. It's as simple as that.

We did offer him a 2 year deal however, a year more than he had at Bradford. Not many 2 year deals offered to 33 year olds.

I wouldn't particularly question his commitment or motivation - he's just performed very poorly and I can't see how anyone would think he's been good value. Like 90% of Pat Fenlon signings IMO.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2014, 12:25 PM
We did offer him a 2 year deal however, a year more than he had at Bradford. Not many 2 year deals offered to 33 year olds.

I wouldn't particularly question his commitment or motivation - he's just performed very poorly and I can't see how anyone would think he's been good value. Like 90% of Pat Fenlon signings IMO.

I haven't given an opinion on any of that.

Stevie Reid
25-08-2014, 12:25 PM
...and others were describing his passing as excellent and very good. Hence the reply.

I agree it's unwise to get rid of him if we've not got anyone lined up as he's better than nothing but all this fawning over his distribution on Saturday is ridiculous. It was just better than his usual standard and he still had a number of his trademark aimless punts.

The Franz Beckenbaur chat was wholly unnecessary, and not conducive to good debate - similarly, I don't see much fawning. It is possible to disagree with other poster's points of view without having to exaggerate the point they're making.

Besides, what exactly is wrong with praising someone for having improved performances?

Smartie
25-08-2014, 12:30 PM

Value is difficult to gauge when you don't know what he cost or how much he is on but this could have a large bearing on things. A big wage for a reserve centre-half may be a luxury we can't afford, a low wage for an experienced centre-half may be good value.

As pointed out elsewhere he was fine under Fenlon, hopeless under Butcher and seems to be doing well again under Stubbs.

He wouldn't be the first player I'd be looking to move on, especially without getting someone else in first and he strikes me as one of the players who would be more likely to withstand the volatility of our own fans more than someone younger or someone new coming in cold.

We'll have to trust the manager on this but I'm not convinced this is a good move.

Tyler Durden
25-08-2014, 12:32 PM
I haven't given an opinion on any of that.

Well you have implied you know the details of his salary and suggested he was not "over paid".

I don't know how much he gets paid but regardless my view is it's too much over the life of his contract. Giving him a 2 year deal was mad. Not his fault but he's not offered us any value. It was quite predictable that we'd be looking to move him on prior to the end of his deal.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Michael Nelson signed for Hibs in the aftermath of the 0-7 Malmo debacle.

Clearly we had problems before his arrival.

scoopyboy
25-08-2014, 12:43 PM

I don't think he's been good value on his first season.

I do however think he might have been worthwhile keeping for the rest of this season, ie he would have justified his salary from here on in IMO.

Tyler Durden
25-08-2014, 12:43 PM

Absolutely.

Stevie Reid
25-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Believe it or not, we had the 6th best defence in the league last season - it was the lack of goals that killed us.

Stevie Reid
25-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Believe it or not, we had the 6th best defence in the league last season - it was the lack of goals that killed us.

In fact, just checked and we had the lowest goals against tally of any team ever relegated from the SPL by quite a distance - even including when it was a ten team league.

erin go bragh
25-08-2014, 05:04 PM

Ive heard its not him .

Ggtth

Blaster
25-08-2014, 05:16 PM
I don't think he's been good value on his first season.

I do however think he might have been worthwhile keeping for the rest of this season, ie he would have justified his salary from here on in IMO.

Fair to say very few justified their salary last year.

Like you i would keep him this season and add another. If he goes i think we need two in.

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2014, 05:25 PM
In fact, just checked and we had the lowest goals against tally of any team ever relegated from the SPL by quite a distance - even including when it was a ten team league.

That is a pretty depressing statistic :(

The memory that sums it up for me is the Malmo game at ER just after Lawrie Reilly died and with Rowan Vine in the number 9 shirt.

J-C
25-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Nelson is a very average to poor defender who should never have been anywhere near Hibs, he was a panic buy and whoever gave him 2 years needs shot, the same goes for Heffernan who's also well past his best, I for one will not be upset to see thaback of him, no matter how nice a guy he is.

Winston Ingram
25-08-2014, 07:02 PM

He was signed because of the injury to McPake

Winston Ingram
25-08-2014, 07:06 PM

If they didn't want him why did they not just release him rather than wanting a fee?

Billy Whizz
25-08-2014, 07:08 PM
If they didn't want him why did they not just release him rather than wanting a fee?

Did we pay a fee for him?

emerald green
25-08-2014, 07:17 PM
That is a pretty depressing statistic :(

The memory that sums it up for me is the Malmo game at ER just after Lawrie Reilly died and with Rowan Vine in the number 9 shirt.

The great Lawrie Reilly must have been spinning in his grave that night. How sad he would be to see the club relegated too.

A horrendous and embarrassing night for our club.

Reilly to Vine - from the sublime to the ridiculous. I didn't have the pleasure of ever seeing him play. He was my dad's hero, along with Gordon Smith.

Winston Ingram
25-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Did we pay a fee for him?

A 'nominal' one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23540624

PatHead
25-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Think it is best for both him and the club to move on. He is never going to have the full support behind him and was part of the team that got relegated. We need change and that is another gone.

Hibs need to get rid of the loser culture at the club.

IWasThere2016
26-08-2014, 06:25 AM

He signed to help - we went down.

Hibbyradge
26-08-2014, 07:23 AM

Sparky isn't wanted at Celtic. Do you think they'll let him go for nothing?

Hibbyradge
26-08-2014, 07:24 AM
He signed to help - we went down.

Good morning Mr State-the-bleeding-obvious! :greengrin

What's your point?

Winston Ingram
26-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Sparky isn't wanted at Celtic. Do you think they'll let him go for nothing?

He started at the weekend which would suggest otherwise.

Even if he wasn't, your comparing apples with oranges.

Hibbyradge
26-08-2014, 07:43 AM

No, I'm not.

You asked why did Bradford want a fee.

If a player is worth money, be it £1m or a nominal fee, then the club will want to realise that.

Michael Nelson commanded a fee so Bradford wanted it and we paid it.

I don't see what the controversy is.

J-C
26-08-2014, 08:07 AM

Celtic put out a reserve team at the weekend, keeping all the rest for this weeks all important game against Maribor, Leigh by all accounts had a poor game and if the striker being mentioned signs, Leigh will be 4th choice striker and at the moment Celtic only play 1 up top.

Rattler
26-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Back on subject........

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but looks like Cambridge is the likely destination for Nelson. Best of luck Admiral

Liam Fontaine is set to make an immediate debut for Hibs in tonight’s League Cup clash with Dumbarton as he arrives at Easter Road in the wake of Michael Nelson’s departure.
The 28-year-old defender was poised to become head coach Alan Stubbs’ sixth signing of the summer after being released by Bristol City, where he had made nearly 300 appearances, at the end of last season.
And with Nelson about to join Cambridge United having been told Stubbs can’t guarantee him a first-team place and Paul Hanlon still struggling with the knee injury which has kept him out of Hibs’ last two matches, the former England Under-20 player will be pitched straight into action in tonight’s first-round tie.

GreenCastle
26-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Nelson gone!

Stranraer
26-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Good luck to him at Cambridge, wasn't his biggest fan but I wish him well.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Good luck at Cambridge Michael :aok:

ackeygraham
26-08-2014, 02:32 PM
I can only say that his last two games we're probably his best. As mobile as a fridge freezer and a range of passes that was disappointing. Wish him well but glad he's gone and replaced with what is being circulated via Media a decent enough player.

Obviously time will tell, hoping so that will be tonight. If he's been a free agent then hopeful he's been training with us for a bit.

Dobosz83
26-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Best of luck to Michael Nelson.

I actually thought he was looking steady and a decent enough player up until his injury in January. On his return, between him and Ryan McGivern I went grey at the sides.

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Best of luck to Michael Nelson.

I actually thought he was looking steady and a decent enough player up until his injury in January. On his return, between him and Ryan McGivern I went grey at the sides.
Yes glad to see the backnof them both. ..would be delighted if we could do the same with Craig, Heffernan and OTJ but Rome wasnt built in a day! Best of luck to Nelson think a move was best for all concerned

Dobosz83
26-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Yes glad to see the backnof them both. ..would be delighted if we could do the same with Craig, Heffernan and OTJ but Rome wasnt built in a day! Best of luck to Nelson think a move was best for all concerned

Yeah, Nelson and McGivern were 2 of the main culprits last season. I'm pleased they've found new clubs and wish them all the best.

I completely agree regarding OTJ and Heffernan. I've never been a fan of Heffernan nor have I understood the admiration. The biggest smile he's given me as a Hibs supporter was his Hat Trick against Hearts.... while at Killie. Too injury prone and at 32/33? Times up.

Not sure about Craig, I'm undecided. That said, wouldn't be gutted if he left. That could be said for most of last season players.

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah, Nelson and McGivern were 2 of the main culprits last season. I'm pleased they've found new clubs and wish them all the best.

I completely agree regarding OTJ and Heffernan. I've never been a fan of Heffernan nor have I understood the admiration. The biggest smile he's given me as a Hibs supporter was his Hat Trick against Hearts.... while at Killie. Too injury prone and at 32/33? Times up.

Not sure about Craig, I'm undecided. That said, wouldn't be gutted if he left. That could be said for most of last season players.
Until last Sat, I was undecided about Craig too but he was abysmal and for me I think he needs to move on...there is a player in there somewhere but dont think it will happen for him now at Hibs - happy to be proved wrong tho Liam :)

If as reported on another thread a striker will sign later this week. ..that might be curtains for the Heff too...

Dobosz83
26-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Until last Sat, I was undecided about Craig too but he was abysmal and for me I think he needs to move on...there is a player in there somewhere but dont think it will happen for him now at Hibs - happy to be proved wrong tho Liam :)

If as reported on another thread a striker will sign later this week. ..that might be curtains for the Heff too...

I didn't go to the game on Saturday and hence missed Craig's performance although there were a number of posters unhappy in the matchday thread that's for sure!

I'd like to see Heff leave, it's not worked out at all. A smaller squad with more quality leaves no room for guys who spend more time on the treatment table. A new striker is a must, I don't want us to soley rely on Farid and young Cummings.

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2014, 02:59 PM
I didn't go to the game on Saturday and hence missed Craig's performance although there were a number of posters unhappy in the matchday thread that's for sure!

I'd like to see Heff leave, it's not worked out at all. A smaller squad with more quality leaves no room for guys who spend more time on the treatment table. A new striker is a must, I don't want us to soley rely on Farid and young Cummings.
I really thought Craig would shine at this level but he has been poor so far...I wonder ifbhe even knows what his best position is. Totally agree re Heff, last 2 home games he has been waste of a shirt...get someone else in and move him on...would rather cummings and young Lewis Allan got some game time than Heff.

HappyAsHellas
26-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Done his job as was expected, and maybe to a better standard than we saw in the past. Good luck to the guy, and oh........can you take Osman Sow out of your back pocket before you go?

The_Horde
26-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Done his job as was expected, and maybe to a better standard than we saw in the past. Good luck to the guy, and oh........can you take Osman Sow out of your back pocket before you go?

Best just leaving him there.

Bossed by Nelson :hilarious

All the best admiral!

Stewboy
26-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Thought he was looking ok under Stubbs

Good luck to the big man though

Smartie
26-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Good luck big man.

Wouldn't have been the first player I'd want to leave and had started to show what he could do over the past few weeks. His experience would have been vital to help some of the younger lads as well as him actually being a decent defender.

For all I'm sorry to see him go, I can'y help but think that his departure is a good thing. There are certain individuals who seem to be tainted more than others by our relegation and whilst Stubbs appears to be able to give everyone a clean slate and judge them on their merits, we have too many fans that are way too quick to barrack certain players and Nelson is one of them.

Craig, Harris and Heffernan seem to be the other 3 that remain that seem to be treated in this way. Hopefully they recover form and get the support that our players deserve from the fans but I fear it may not happen for them either.

B.H.F.C
26-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Best move for all concerned

tamig
26-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Good luck Michael Nelson. I know the young guys thought the world of you and you'll be missed. All the best big man.

jacomo
26-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Glad to see Hibs.net revisionism starting before the player's departure is even confirmed. Just need to wait now for some bright spark to solemnly inform us that our next defeat wouldn't have happened if Nelson had still been in the team. :wink:

Anyhow, good luck to the old guy, good luck to the new guy, and wishing our new manager a slice of luck as he puts his new team together.

The Leith Dutch
26-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Just need to wait now for some bright spark to solemnly inform us that our next defeat wouldn't have happened if Nelson had still been in the team. :wink:

Nah. We'll go unbeaten for the rest of the season :o|

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Scored for Cambridge today. Good to see he is doing well. Top man.

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Seeing a United fan tomorrow who was at the game today so will get an update on Nelson then but his performances so far have led to him becoming a popular figure already...................yes I know, like Donaldson, MAC, Doyle etc - he's found his level - hopefully we will descend to ours then start on the way back up soon.

HH81
13-09-2014, 05:39 PM
When did Nelson leave?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 06:01 PM
When did Nelson leave?

Couple weeks ago.

JollyGreenGiant
13-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Also, Heard McPake was a 'revelation' for Dundee according to the radio today :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Also, Heard McPake was a 'revelation' for Dundee according to the radio today :rolleyes:

Injury free he will always do okay at SPL level, if he goes through a season injury and disaster free, we have been done!

HH81
13-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Couple weeks ago.

Been really busy must missed this.

SMAXXA
13-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Who gives a ****, close the thread and don't bring another up re Collins, Donaldson, dobbie, vas te etc etc, concentrate in what we have and the future rather than, see he's doing well....pointless

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Who gives a ****, close the thread and don't bring another up re Collins, Donaldson, dobbie, vas te etc etc, concentrate in what we have and the future rather than, see he's doing well....pointless

Don't read it then! Pretty obvious thread title.

SMAXXA
13-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Don't read it then! Pretty obvious thread title.

Never......what's the point in it can I ask? Again who gives a **** do you? Obviously not given you've just quoted my quote and arnt joining in on the resurrection of the thread.

Go police another thread

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Never......what's the point in it can I ask? Again who gives a **** do you? Obviously not given you've just quoted my quote and arnt joining in on the resurrection of the thread.

Go police another thread

:dummytit: :na na: Hahahaha touchy eh!

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Go on yourself Michael Nelson best of luck to you, hope it all goes well we will never forget you. :aok:

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 08:20 PM

Go police another thread

He's just grumpy because his other team got beat:wink::greengrin

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 08:22 PM
He's just grumpy because his other team got beat:wink::greengrin

Watching Hibs makes me grumpy mate, anything else I can tolerate just about apart from close the thread moaning minnies :wink::greengrin