PDA

View Full Version : stubbs progress : give the man a chance

familyman
23-08-2014, 06:15 PM
It is indeed a shame Alan S has as yet still it appears not been given the correct level of funds to buy the required standard of players, that despite everything we have read and all the rhetoric of exciting times ahead etc etc.seems to me as a season ticket holder and shareholder we have as a club still not got the message.Alan clearly can identify a good player as he has done this with the on loan players we saw today against Falkirk..sadly we remain with several of the old brigade who again demonstrated negative tactics especially in the second half..this must be stamped out and right now if we are indeed to prosper and gain promotion first time around..The purse strings need for once to be released to give Alan a fair chance(how often has this been said Mr Petrie).All this reshuffle and reorganisation is all very well and indeed is a common business mistake creating the impression of change and making sure everyone is busy ,but it needs focussed , the FIRST PRIORITY is the quality of player we have ,AFTER that has been sorted we can begin to reorganise and improve what has obviously been neglected for so so very long...We have only a short window to buy in decent players so get a move on and bring in a Scot Brown type player ,a quality centre half and another commanding player to assist up front and who accepts responsibility, this is obvious to everyone who watches Hibs regularly.I do not question the old guards commitment I think they let us down so very badly last season and now on the park display the same limited ability again... sadly and we just cannot afford the luxury of that dragging us back even further..we have suffered enough surely and Alan needs real funds, think outside the box Hibs management...how many chances do you need? Act now or we shall suffer another humiliating season...it has gone on for far far too long,release the funds and remember we are in a results business first of all!

Allan45
23-08-2014, 09:52 PM
It's not Stubbs fault for the players that or on the pitch. The players that he has got on loan are better than we have had. There are still players that are playing are not of real quality. If Alan can get 2-3 players of quality in before the transfer window,then it will look good.

I am disappointed in today's result like many others, but winning on a regular basis won't happen in the first few months. I see real positives, and there is only 3 or 4 pieces missing of the jigsaw.

like said above, we need time. It's not his fault, it will come good only if we can get in quality players within the next week.

The team needs strengthened a lot. We need 3 points next week and look to get a couple of signings quickly. Hopefully we have played the strongest teams, and hoping we get beating the teams above us at the earliest opportunity...ll:cb

LaMotta
23-08-2014, 09:55 PM
It is indeed a shame Alan S has as yet still it appears not been given the correct level of funds to buy the required standard of players, that despite everything we have read and all the rhetoric of exciting times ahead etc etc.seems to me as a season ticket holder and shareholder we have as a club still not got the message.Alan clearly can identify a good player as he has done this with the on loan players we saw today against Falkirk..sadly we remain with several of the old brigade who again demonstrated negative tactics especially in the second half..this must be stamped out and right now if we are indeed to prosper and gain promotion first time around..The purse strings need for once to be released to give Alan a fair chance(how often has this been said Mr Petrie).All this reshuffle and reorganisation is all very well and indeed is a common business mistake creating the impression of change and making sure everyone is busy ,but it needs focussed , the FIRST PRIORITY is the quality of player we have ,AFTER that has been sorted we can begin to reorganise and improve what has obviously been neglected for so so very long...We have only a short window to buy in decent players so get a move on and bring in a Scot Brown type player ,a quality centre half and another commanding player to assist up front and who accepts responsibility, this is obvious to everyone who watches Hibs regularly.I do not question the old guards commitment I think they let us down so very badly last season and now on the park display the same limited ability again... sadly and we just cannot afford the luxury of that dragging us back even further..we have suffered enough surely and Alan needs real funds, think outside the box Hibs management...how many chances do you need? Act now or we shall suffer another humiliating season...it has gone on for far far too long,release the funds and remember we are in a results business first of all!

Not enough paragraphs there to make that legible:greengrin

yankyhibby
23-08-2014, 10:22 PM
It's not Stubbs fault for the players that or on the pitch. The players that he has got on loan are better than we have had. There are still players that are playing are not of real quality. If Alan can get 2-3 players of quality in before the transfer window,then it will look good.

I am disappointed in today's result like many others, but winning on a regular basis won't happen in the first few months. I see real positives, and there is only 3 or 4 pieces missing of the jigsaw.

like said above, we need time. It's not his fault, it will come good only if we can get in quality players within the next week.

The team needs strengthened a lot. We need 3 points next week and look to get a couple of signings quickly. Hopefully we have played the strongest teams, and hoping we get beating the teams above us at the earliest opportunity...ll:cb

A lot of good points, but I have to comment on the highlighted bit in bold: Hearts are proving that winning on a regular basis can happen in the first few months.

jacomo
23-08-2014, 11:27 PM
We're a month behind in our preparations, with a new manager who's never worked for Hibs before. I hope for more signings but I don't blame Stubbs for where we are right now. I think there are positive signs from him as a coach.

The Harp Awakes
23-08-2014, 11:42 PM
I don't think anyone is blaming Stubbs for our plight. I thought he made the correct substitutions today but he will have a hell of a job sorting out the soft underbelly which has been running through our club for years now.