PDA

View Full Version : Lack of finishing

down-the-slope
23-08-2014, 05:21 PM
59% possession

18 shots

3 on target

plenty chances and some decent football but some of the misses were awful. Also the defensive frailties of Booth which Falkirk exploited meant we looked shaky when they broke....

We need a Left Back as well as a more experienced striker and a holding midfielder with dig and passing ability

Kennedy & Allan looked good for 60 + mins but ran out of steam

Hiber-nation
23-08-2014, 05:30 PM
[COLOR=#4E4D4B][FONT=arial][FONT=Helvetica]59% possession

18 shots

3 on target

plenty chances and some decent football but some of the misses were awful. Also the defensive frailties of Booth which Falkirk exploited meant we looked shaky when they broke....

We need a Left Back as well as a more experienced striker and a holding midfielder with dig and passing ability

The finishing was dire but I totally disagree about needing a left back - it's the one position we're totally sorted for as far as I'm concerned. Booth wasn't the problem today, far from it. We missed some great chances and the service from the flanks was dismal. Also our captain is a real problem, slows everything down, takes an age to turn and should never be near the club.

edwards
23-08-2014, 05:40 PM
The finishing was dire but I totally disagree about needing a left back - it's the one position we're totally sorted for as far as I'm concerned. Booth wasn't the problem today, far from it. We missed some great chances and the service from the flanks was dismal. Also our captain is a real problem, slows everything down, takes an age to turn and should never be near the club.

Spot on :top marksBooth and Kennedy were different class in the first half FFS, lets keep they two together he was more exposed in the second half as him and Kennedy tried to push forward again but Falkirk closed down better in the second half. The forwards were to blame for the result today. It should have been at 4-1 to Hibs at half time.

Petrie GTF

DaveF
23-08-2014, 06:08 PM
59% possession

18 shots

3 on target

If it wasn't for Booth your stats would be ****ed as he and Kennedy created most of the decent football and chances for the forwards to fluff.

Away and direct your criticism elsewhere.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Thought Booth was good. We created plenty chances, especially in the first half. We should have been a few goals up at half time but for some very wasteful finishing.

Billy Whizz
23-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Thought Booth was good. We created plenty chances, especially in the first half. We should have been a few goals up at half time but for some very wasteful finishing.

I agree, thought he tired in the 2nd half. It's been a while since he's played, so not unexpected

down-the-slope
23-08-2014, 07:09 PM
I must say I am amazed at defence of Booths defending (I said he was good going forward) but having watched him pre-season I said he had not improved defensively in the time he has been on loan (thus why he is behind Lewis) for someone who has grown so much he still managed to lose 6 out of 9 headers when defending high balls Falkirk aimed at that area - to the point that Craig was being drawn out of position to provide cover behind him...bizarre. He was skinned 4 times 1 on 1 and also was nearer half way line than 18 yard box on several occasions when we were defending.

What we need is a left footed Gray signed...unless we are going to play 3-5-2..

Had forwards not been so profligate then such failings might be less of an issue....however Lewis is not the answer at LB attacking wise and Booth is not defensively

DaveF
23-08-2014, 07:19 PM
I must say I am amazed at defence of Booths defending (I said he was good going forward) but having watched him pre-season I said he had not improved defensively in the time he has been on loan (thus why he is behind Lewis) for someone who has grown so much he still managed to lose 6 out of 9 headers when defending high balls Falkirk aimed at that area - to the point that Craig was being drawn out of position to provide cover behind him...bizarre. He was skinned 4 times 1 on 1 and also was nearer half way line than 18 yard box on several occasions when we were defending.

Had forwards not been so profligate then such failings might be less of an issue....however Lewis is not the answer at LB attacking wise and Booth is not defensively

You brought up a whole load of stats in your OP re efforts on goal and so on. It's undeniable that those stats would have been far less had Booth not got forward so well and linked with Kennedy.

Now you have brought up exact stats for Booth for headers and 1 v 1 performance? Have you got stats for Craig and how many times he gave the ball away? Or how many times Harris failed to beat a man 1 v 1?

Not sure where your stats come from, but it says to me that LS is your man and you will undermine Booth to make that case.

emerald green
23-08-2014, 07:30 PM
To lose today, not even get a draw and a valuable point, was ridiculous given the amount of possession Hibs had.

Hibs have no cutting edge about them. I felt the final crucial ball into the box frequently failed to pick out a Hibs player.

Just like last season, all the opposition needed to do was wait for the free gift of an early goal, and it's game over. I will need to see Falkirk's goal again but it looked like poor defending of a corner again from Hibs. Very reminiscent of last season.

Ianhibee
23-08-2014, 07:51 PM

I'd agree that we need a left back like Gray - its been and continues to be a weakness…..

Stuarty27
23-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Booth was terrific today, shocking post

Heisenberg
23-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Booth was terrific today, shocking post

Good going forward but I have to agree with those saying he still can't defend. No one filled in for him when he went forward either which didn't help.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 08:11 PM
I thought Booth done enough to keep his place in the team for the next game.

down-the-slope
23-08-2014, 08:16 PM
You brought up a whole load of stats in your OP re efforts on goal and so on. It's undeniable that those stats would have been far less had Booth not got forward so well and linked with Kennedy.

Now you have brought up exact stats for Booth for headers and 1 v 1 performance? Have you got stats for Craig and how many times he gave the ball away? Or how many times Harris failed to beat a man 1 v 1?

Not sure where your stats come from, but it says to me that LS is your man and you will undermine Booth to make that case.

Dave suggest you take off the Booth rose tinted glasses and try again...

what i said is

neither Booth or Lewis are the answer

matty_f
23-08-2014, 08:18 PM
I thought Booth done enough to keep his place in the team for the next game.

Same here. :agree:

DaveF
23-08-2014, 08:48 PM

what i said is

I know what you said. It was a tearing apart of Booth's performance, to the extent that he got the blame for some of Craig's misgivings.

I'll ask you again - have you got similar stats for the like of Craig, Harris et al or are just out to pin it on Booth?

Hiber-nation
23-08-2014, 08:55 PM

what i said is

Booth put in the best attacking full back performance in the first half that I've seen in ages. Gray was poor in the 2nd half, offered nothing going forward. What we need in this league is overlapping full backs as we'll be dominating possession in most games.

You must be in the tiniest minority if you think that LB is a problem position.

Bearders
23-08-2014, 09:04 PM
however Lewis is not the answer at LB attacking wise and Booth is not defensively[/QUOTE]

I know that in this league against this opposition, I'd choose Booth every time.

SaulGoodman
23-08-2014, 09:10 PM
What we need is a left footed 24 year old striker

sesoim
23-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Booth could do a great job on the LW, but Fenlon didn't rate him, and he wasn't available to Butcher thanks to Fenlon stupidly putting him out on loan.

If Stubbs and his multiple assistants are to prove their worth, they should be able to get the best out of the likes of Booth by finding his best role in the team.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 10:33 PM
What we need is a left footed 24 year old striker

It's not happening Meh.

SaulGoodman
23-08-2014, 11:02 PM
It's not happening Meh.

Aye it is :greengrin

gegs70
24-08-2014, 02:28 AM
I think booth did well but other players lost the ball in key areas when he pushed forward. I thought he did well...it was a decent performance bar a lack of finishing and we still look vulnerable at the back. Can we still bring in a few players?

Hibs7
24-08-2014, 07:01 AM
59% possession

18 shots

3 on target

That percentage on target is about the same as I said when I watched the training day and that was only against a goalkeeper .... I said then it was pathetic and needed to be looked at .. Obviously nothing has been done.! that is worrying !!

Stewboy
24-08-2014, 07:23 AM
Enough chances to win 5 games in the 1st half

Sadly it had a look of 'it's ok we will score the next one' about it

H18Y GW
24-08-2014, 08:21 AM

You counted ......WOW

Ridiculous post,Most of the headers he never "won" and to say he "lost" them is frankly Anal,were from shys around the half way line in the first half in which he was excellent.