PDA

View Full Version : Harris

Hibs90
23-08-2014, 05:20 PM
*****bag, Kennedy showed him what a real winger is. Get him dropped ASAP.

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Waste of a jersey.

ancient hibee
23-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Harris played well.Kennedy was good on the ball but failed to deliver a decent cross.

SneakersO'Toole
23-08-2014, 05:28 PM

I agree he needs dropped but for who? Our squad is paper thin.

West hamBERNIAN
23-08-2014, 05:31 PM
I think he'll have a good season. We will get better and more quality will come in before deadline passes. I'm sure of it. Hearts will lose games. Relax a bit.

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Harris played well.Kennedy was good on the ball but failed to deliver a decent cross.

Seriously?

duffers
23-08-2014, 05:34 PM
If he wasn't a s***ebag, I reckon we would have had a really strong claim for a penalty when McDonald kicked it out. Bottles it out of so many challenges.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Seriously?

Did you see him deliver a decent ball?

Bronson
23-08-2014, 05:39 PM
He's been woeful for the last year and a bit, anyone who says he's good enough to play right now is basing that purely on the early promise he showed at the end of 2012/13.

Thought Kennedy was excellent though, looks a player:aok:

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Did you see him deliver a decent ball?

Three or four in the first half alone. Kennedy was the bright spot today. Oops just realised it was ancient who was saying this...

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 05:40 PM

I totally disagree with that. Harris hid the whole second half not beating anyone. Kennedy sent in a handful of good balls and no one was there on the end of it.

The Leith Dutch
23-08-2014, 05:40 PM
I reckon we would have had a really strong claim for a penalty when McDonald kicked it out. Bottles it out of so many challenges.

Spot on about the penalty - if he hadn't pulled out it was almost certainly a penalty and a strong chance of McDonald seeing red.
He needed to take one for the team there.

I worry about being harsh on the guy as he's only 20 and had a bad injury but it is something that needs addressed - if he keeps jumping out of the challenges it's going to be increasingly difficult to play him as he'll offer nothing defensively. Worse, if he makes tentative challenges he's at risk of picking up another bad injury.

I actually thought he was half decent today but they really need to work on what is now an obvious problem for him with the physical side of the game.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Three or four in the first half alone. Kennedy was the bright spot today. Oops just realised it was ancient who was saying this...
I thought him and booth linked up well down the left but neither were able to find a decent final ball.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 05:42 PM
If he wasn't a s***ebag, I reckon we would have had a really strong claim for a penalty when McDonald kicked it out. Bottles it out of so many challenges.

It looked like he slowed down so he wasn't close to being in a challenge.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-08-2014, 05:44 PM
For the wingers to be productive our "target man " has to stop being a third centre half and keep up with play.

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 05:44 PM
I thought him and booth linked up well down the left but neither were able to find a decent final ball.

Two El Alagui headers and the Heffernan chance both came from Kennedy balls I think :dunno:

Dalkeith Hibee
23-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Harris has been ***** but unfortunately we have nothing else to replace him with. Kennedy will be good as will Stanton but what other options do we have? Its worrying

Hibby_CR14
23-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Looks scared to get involved and never takes his man on...where is the pace he is supposed to have?

oconnors_strip
23-08-2014, 06:01 PM
The laddie needs his confidence back and the only way he is going to get that is having a run in the development team(under 20s) and enjoy playing football again.

Del Boy
23-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Better than Ryan Gauld according to someone on here last week!!! Just don't get the hype atall

Dalkeith Hibee
23-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Better than Ryan Gauld according to someone on here last week!!! Just don't get the hype atall

Haha I had to laugh when I read that last week.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Tbf I don't think he was ever beating MacDonald to that ball in the 2nd half, although I could be wrong. However he made it so obvious that he wasn't even going to challenege for it that it was a bit embarassing really.

He really needs to be a bit braver. I understand he had a bad injury but that was a long time ago and plenty other players have come back from similar or worse injuries.

West hamBERNIAN
23-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Harris has been ***** but unfortunately we have nothing else to replace him with. Kennedy will be good as will Stanton but what other options do we have? Its worrying

Max Todd looks a good player. Not one to rely on but an option yes. We need to bring these players through though.

hibee_girl
23-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I don't think Harris did too badly today.

Yes he pulled out of the challenge with McDonald but I think we've got to remember just how badly his confidence was shattered last season. The whole crowd going radge at him isn't going to help him at all.

BroxburnHibee
23-08-2014, 08:01 PM
I thought he needed a proper pre season? Now some of you are saying he needs dropped to get his confidence back?

Like most I thought we had a real player when he burst on the scene but sadly it's looking like that injury has destroyed the lad.

I really hope it's not the case.

greenlex
23-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Heart of a pea. Not going to make it at any level I'm afraid.

hibeemikey21
23-08-2014, 08:06 PM

He had a go at me for suggesting that was utter nonsense

R11Loaded
23-08-2014, 08:09 PM
The boy should play in the under 20s with Stanton until they both shine

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 08:27 PM

Behave! You could not fail to have seen at least 3 or 4 great balls from him if you were at the game.

Bearders
23-08-2014, 08:29 PM

Eyes painted on or back sniffing glue.

Bearders
23-08-2014, 08:35 PM
For the wingers to be productive our "target man " has to stop being a third centre half and keep up with play.

And the other front man needs to take off the divers boots. Embarrassing performance.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Two El Alagui headers and the Heffernan chance both came from Kennedy balls I think :dunno:

They were. He should have had his name to 2 or 3 assists today.

Brightside
23-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Seriously?

Kennedy final ball was very poor

leggeto
23-08-2014, 09:05 PM

Would he benefit from a loan move maybe, seems to have worked well with booth as he looked a far better player today than a while back

LaMotta
23-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Tbf I don't think he was ever beating MacDonald to that ball in the 2nd half, although I could be wrong. However he made it so obvious that he wasn't even going to challenege for it that it was a bit embarassing really.

He really needs to be a bit braver. I understand he had a bad injury but that was a long time ago and plenty other players have come back from similar or worse injuries.

You aren't wrong, there is no way that Usain Bolt would have got to that ball before McDonald, and the groans from some of the the crowd at the time were a bit strange to say the least. I have no idea what anyone was expecting Harris to do there :crazy:

yankyhibby
23-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Confidence is everything, and Harris appears to currently lack it. He is but one player who might benefit from a time away from the first team -Stanton being another. I've said more than once that Alan Stubbs biggest battle is instilling belief and confidence in a lot of those players at his disposal.

eastterrace
23-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Confidence is everything, and Harris appears to currently lack it. He is but one player who might benefit from a time away from the first team -Stanton being another. I've said more than once that Alan Stubbs biggest battle is instilling belief and confidence in a lot of those players at his disposal.

maybe its not confidence , what about he aint as good as what we thought he was {harris} still lets not get on his back as he is still young.:wink:

The Harp Awakes
23-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Heart of a pea. Not going to make it at any level I'm afraid.

Yep, like so many promising young players who have emerged over the years, seems to lack determination and heart. Disappointing as the lad has ability. Shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team.

Deansy
24-08-2014, 12:37 AM
Spot on about the penalty - if he hadn't pulled out it was almost certainly a penalty and a strong chance of McDonald seeing red.
He needed to take one for the team there.

I worry about being harsh on the guy as he's only 20 and had a bad injury but it is something that needs addressed - if he keeps jumping out of the challenges it's going to be increasingly difficult to play him as he'll offer nothing defensively. Worse, if he makes tentative challenges he's at risk of picking up another bad injury.

I actually thought he was half decent today but they really need to work on what is now an obvious problem for him with the physical side of the game.

Spot-on !. We've all seen what he's capable of and it would be a tragedy if Hibs can't help him get it back. Remember when Hartley played for us ? All the opposition had to do was hit him early-doors and he disappeared. He then went on to a lower-league club (can't remember who ?) and re-appeared as a 'Player with bottle' - maybe growing a beard would help Harris, who knows but there has to be a way ??. I'm one of his biggest fans but it's obvious the ankle-break is affecting him - someone/body at ER must help him get over it !

J-C
24-08-2014, 12:45 AM
Harris bottled out of a good few tackles and can someone tell me why the **** he continually keeps coming inside into the middle beside Allan, he's a winger and should be out on the wing, Kennedy was a class above him today, maybe he's just not as good as everyone thought he was.

macd123
24-08-2014, 02:49 AM
Yep, like so many promising young players who have emerged over the years, seems to lack determination and heart. Disappointing as the lad has ability. Shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team.

He is in the wrong place to develop as a young footballer just now. These guys should be brought on GRADUALLY not just chucked in to sink or swim in front of the most p***ed off fans in scotland. Unfortunately we have disgracefully poor experienced players so the young guys are by far the best we have.

random sub
24-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Not sure bottling out of a couple of hard 50 50s is the crime of the season, especially for someone who broke his foot last season but I did think the guy seemed to lack heart in his general play yesterday. Disappointed by him yesterday.

.Sean.
24-08-2014, 10:19 AM
My heart sinks every time he's named in the starting 11.

Gutless, heartless, timid, no character. Absolute ****ing coward.

J-C
24-08-2014, 10:22 AM
He is in the wrong place to develop as a young footballer just now. These guys should be brought on GRADUALLY not just chucked in to sink or swim in front of the most p***ed off fans in scotland. Unfortunately we have disgracefully poor experienced players so the young guys are by far the best we have.

The young lad Kennedy on the other wing showed him exactly what he should be doing, similar age and ability but he is head and shoulders above Harris when it comes to playing.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Thought he'd showed a few promising signs pre season, particularly the Dundee Utd game. He seems to just be reverting back to what we saw last year now.

We can't carry any passengers.

Leithenhibby
24-08-2014, 10:43 AM

Although I feel he was in the driving seat re: that non challenge. When he stood back from that, that was the cue for Stubbs to hook him. Embarrassing doesn't come close. 60/40 for me :agree:

Hermit Crab
24-08-2014, 10:56 AM

Rubbish. He put several good balls across high and low. Harris done neither.

Jpdhfc
24-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Kennedy was the best player on the park a winger going past his man it's been a while since we have had that at hibs

The Leith Dutch
24-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Kennedy was the best player on the park a winger going past his man it's been a while since we have had that at hibs

The attacks from Kennedy and Booth in the first half was as good as I've seen from Hibs for a while.

I really hope Booth can sort out the defensive side of his game and nail down a place.
Nothing against Stevenson who is far more disciplined at Left Back but Booth and Kennedy overlapping was magic to watch.

snooky
24-08-2014, 11:19 AM
The attacks from Kennedy and Booth in the first half was as good as I've seen from Hibs for a while.

I really hope Booth can sort out the defensive side of his game and nail down a place.
Nothing against Stevenson who is far more disciplined at Left Back but Booth and Kennedy overlapping was magic to watch.

:agree:

leggeto
24-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Wee bit harsh is it no,just a wee bit,looking at how booth has come on I'd stick him out on loan

SloopJB
24-08-2014, 11:49 AM
I don't think Harris did too badly today.

Yes he pulled out of the challenge with McDonald but I think we've got to remember just how badly his confidence was shattered last season. The whole crowd going radge at him isn't going to help him at all.
Certainly not bad enough to merit the abuse from people ( last minute change) on here.

If there are things that he did wrong then by all means point them out but is it necessary to be abusive towards him?

Or is this the 'Hibs class' that's often quoted?

I think those that are abusive towards Hibs players on here are poor representatives of the Hibs support and .net, yet if I was to call them the names aimed at Hibs players I'd be mutually consented off the forum.

truehibernian
24-08-2014, 12:02 PM

Really ? Mine certainly doesn't - and for one thing, growing up as an attacking midfielder, my main aim in football was not to be known as a hard man tackler nor indeed did I want my game to involve lots of heavy tackles - far from it, my game was to create and score goals. I would not be able to do that if injuring myself in tackles I was never going to win.

Do you see Torres, Iniesta or Suarez crunching into tackles (Suarez crunches his teeth into players) - you don't - if anything you see them play acting - which for me is being a 'coward'.

Sorry Sean but this attitude is atypical of Scottish football fans opinions on a game here - if you don't 'get stuck in' you are somehow a coward. I expect my defenders and defensive midfielders to do the 'hard' job - not my flair players. I expect them to close down, harry and chase - and of course win possession if it's there to be won. But I don't expect Kennedy, Farid, Allen and Alex to go bounding into challenges - that for me is not in their armoury.

CapitalGreen
24-08-2014, 12:13 PM
What a horrible thread. I thought he played well for parts of the game yesterday but faded out of it second half, like most of the team did.

There seems to be an unfair expectation on players to be first team ready at an even earlier age year on year. The same sort of phrases of "too soft", "goes missing", "shirks a challenge" could/were levelled at a 20 year old Riordan who didn't cement his first team place until he was 21. Harris is also a player who's confidence was destroyed by a horrible man manager last season.

Not every player progresses at the same speed, like the Hartley example mentioned earlier. At 20 years old, Gareth Bale was being used as a make-weight by Spurs in their attempts to sign Stuart Downing...

Thecat23
24-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Sad fact is he looks like he can't cut it in this league either and this is when we need the players to step up. Yes he had a bad manager and injury but that's well in the last now. I just think he's not got what it takes if I'm honest and will end up playing first division football in a couple of years.

Loved to be proved wrong though.

Alfred E Newman
24-08-2014, 12:42 PM
What a horrible thread. I thought he played well for parts of the game yesterday but faded out of it second half, like most of the team did.

There seems to be an unfair expectation on players to be first team ready at an even earlier age year on year. The same sort of phrases of "too soft", "goes missing", "shirks a challenge" could/were levelled at a 20 year old Riordan who didn't cement his first team place until he was 21. Harris is also a player who's confidence was destroyed by a horrible man manager last season.

Not every player progresses at the same speed, like the Hartley example mentioned earlier. At 20 years old, Gareth Bale was being used as a make-weight by Spurs in their attempts to sign Stuart Downing...

I am glad I am not the only one who finds this thread embarrassing. Some people should go away and have a good look at themselves. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is just another example of the grim side of these forums.

heretoday
24-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Harris is ok.

What I would like would be if Hibs stopped their players from fulminating in the Evening News about how great everything is.

The Evening News tries to put a positive spin on anything to do with local sport. They obviously don't bite the hand that feeds, as it were.

To read Harris' interview recently and to see his performance subsequently on the field, you would be forgiven for thinking that he lives in a fantasy world.

This makes a fool of everyone.

Please expend less effort on media stuff and get out on the practice pitch shooting, heading and passing.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Some really poor comments on this thread. I thought he was ok yesterday (certainly don't think he hid) but I appreciate that other people take a different view. However, throwing derogatory remarks about regarding his bravery and character is really poor.

I hope to **** he doesn't read this board.

truehibernian
24-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Some really poor comments on this thread. I thought he was ok yesterday (certainly don't think he hid) but I appreciate that other people take a different view. However, throwing derogatory remarks about regarding his bravery and character is really poor.

He does Stevie.

hibs4life
24-08-2014, 01:27 PM

That's the ticket, why engage in measured debate when a bit of abuse gets the job done. It's something that the fans forums do so well...

I think Harris does need to up his game but think he's moving in the right direction, albeit a bit slowly.

Stuarty27
24-08-2014, 01:31 PM
He does Stevie.

I hope he does because he needs to be far braver and he is actually going to get himself hurt the way he is pulling out of challenges! The McDonald incident was shocking he could of got there if he really wanted it.

I'd give my left bollock to play a game for Hibs maybe he should wake up and realise what a great life he has than, than running about feeling sorry for himsel!

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 01:35 PM
He does Stevie.

Then I would stop if I were him, TH - many on here have clearly made their mind up about him, and will continue to say the same things, justified or not.

Another poster on another thread made a good point about how we (correctly) derided our former management team for the abusive management style they adopted having a massively detrimental to the players' performances - yet many on here feel it is somehow of benefit to call him a '****ing coward, *****bag etc'

When throwing such insults around people would do well to remember the extent of Alex's injury, the surgery required to fix it, and the idiotic manager he had to suffer when rushed back too early - not to mention how he got the injury in the first place. No lack of bravery in going for that ball with that animal Hutchison chasing him down.

I've always thought that Alex would emerge as a very good player, and still believe he will.

Alfred E Newman
24-08-2014, 02:05 PM

It's ridiculous Stevie. It doesn't matter how poorly anyone thought young Harris played yesterday there is no excuse for some of these comments. I thought Craig was poor yesterday but he doesn't deserve some of the vile abuse either. Nobody does. I doubt if many of these keyboard hard men would be happy to wait outside the ground and say these things to the players face to face.

skipster7
24-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Then I would stop if I were him, TH - many on here have clearly made their mind up about him, and will continue to say the same things, justified or not.

Another poster on another thread made a good point about how we (correctly) derided our former management team for the abusive management style they adopted having a massively detrimental to the players' performances - yet many on here feel it is somehow of benefit to call him a '****ing coward, *****bag etc'

When throwing such insults around people would do well to remember the extent of Alex's injury, the surgery required to fix it, and the idiotic manager he had to suffer when rushed back too early - not to mention how he got the injury in the first place. No lack of bravery in going for that ball with that animal Hutchison chasing him down.

I've always thought that Alex would emerge as a very good player, and still believe he will.
agree 100% seems a perverse pleasure taken by some in deriding lads who came through our own system. Felt exactly the same about wotherspoon.

Hibby 2005
24-08-2014, 03:18 PM
agree 100% seems a perverse pleasure taken by some in deriding lads who came through our own system. Felt exactly the same about wotherspoon.

The problem is not Harris, Handling, Booth, etc. The problem is that our older, experienced players like Nelson, Stevenson, Craig etc. are unable to help the younger players as they lack leadership.

Alfred E Newman
24-08-2014, 03:26 PM
The problem is not Harris, Handling, Booth, etc. The problem is that our older, experienced players like Nelson, Stevenson, Craig etc. are unable to help the younger players as they lack leadership.

What was Stevensons role in yesterday's defeat?

Hibby 2005
24-08-2014, 03:31 PM

No role at all, thankfully.

Dirkster23
24-08-2014, 03:40 PM

He stupidly got himself suspended and was unavailable to help the team :dunno:

.Sean.
24-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Really ? Mine certainly doesn't - and for one thing, growing up as an attacking midfielder, my main aim in football was not to be known as a hard man tackler nor indeed did I want my game to involve lots of heavy tackles - far from it, my game was to create and score goals. I would not be able to do that if injuring myself in tackles I was never going to win.

Do you see Torres, Iniesta or Suarez crunching into tackles (Suarez crunches his teeth into players) - you don't - if anything you see them play acting - which for me is being a 'coward'.

Sorry Sean but this attitude is atypical of Scottish football fans opinions on a game here - if you don't 'get stuck in' you are somehow a coward. I expect my defenders and defensive midfielders to do the 'hard' job - not my flair players. I expect them to close down, harry and chase - and of course win possession if it's there to be won. But I don't expect Kennedy, Farid, Allen and Alex to go bounding into challenges - that for me is not in their armoury.
I'm no expecting him to go crunching into tackles but he *****s himself at 50-50's even when he should be the favourite to win the tackle, balls which in turn the opposition win and as we're maybe far up the park allows them to hit us in the counter. His heid goes down but nevermind, it's the fans fault for no showing patience eh. Bear in mind he's been in and around the team nearly 2 years now and is far from a young laddie.

He's a bag of ***** with the heart of a pea and needs dropped ASAP, for everyone's sake.

Northernhibee
24-08-2014, 04:51 PM
It's ridiculous Stevie. It doesn't matter how poorly anyone thought young Harris played yesterday there is no excuse for some of these comments. I thought Craig was poor yesterday but he doesn't deserve some of the vile abuse either. Nobody does. I doubt if many of these keyboard hard men would be happy to wait outside the ground and say these things to the players face to face.

Just look at the first word used on the entire thread - I'd have thought it was a bit much if a Jambo was making the comment.

Utterly pathetic. Certainly not supporters.

Northernhibee
24-08-2014, 04:52 PM
No role at all, thankfully.

Would have Stevenson in at LB first choice every single time, thought we missed him yesterday.

Bronson
24-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Would have Stevenson in at LB first choice every single time, thought we missed him yesterday.

Thought Booth was excellent going forward yesterday, especially in the first half. His defending still leaves much to be desired and he was second best to most headers but I thought him and Kennedy were a real threat together down that left hand side.

JimBHibees
24-08-2014, 04:56 PM

Agree with that Alex IMO was our best player last week and did ok yesterday however in no way does he deserve any of the vile nonsense being thrown on this thread. He is a young player still coming back from a broken leg. Sometimes some supporters get exactly the team they deserve.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 04:59 PM
I'm no expecting him to go crunching into tackles but he *****s himself at 50-50's even when he should be the favourite to win the tackle, balls which in turn the opposition win and as we're maybe far up the park allows them to hit us in the counter. His heid goes down but nevermind, it's the fans fault for no showing patience eh. Bear in mind he's been in and around the team nearly 2 years now and is far from a young laddie.

He's a bag of ***** with the heart of a pea and needs dropped ASAP, for everyone's sake.

He's 19 and has made 19 league starts for us - you also neglect to mention the 6 months that he was out for with a terrible injury.

Besides that though, is it not possible for you to state your opinion on him as a player without the abuse? You actually seem to hate him.

Cameron1875
24-08-2014, 05:07 PM

Spot on.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 06:19 PM
I find it interesting how people on here laughed at Hearts fans for talking up their youngsters last season, yet so many Hibs supporters are happy to rip right into ours.

I'm all for honest assessment of players, but the personal stuff in this thread is depressing as ****. Harris has dealt with heart break in his personal life that I've thankfully not had to experience, so I won't be passing negative judgement on his character.

tamig
24-08-2014, 06:30 PM
I find it interesting how people on here laughed at Hearts fans for talking up their youngsters last season, yet so many Hibs supporters are happy to rip right into ours.

I'm all for honest assessment of players, but the personal stuff in this thread is depressing as ****. Harris has dealt with heart break in his personal life that I've thankfully not had to experience, so I won't be passing negative judgement on his character.

Spot on. This thread is endemic of the multiple threads ripping into various players off the back of yesterday's result. This place is becoming desperate. It's hard staying afloat amongst the negative flotsam.

we are hibs
24-08-2014, 07:05 PM
It's like he is scared Incase he injures his ankle again. I don't know how he can overcome that whether it be he receives a heavy tackle and comes through it unscaved but he is a talented player severely lacking in confidence.

Smartie
24-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I really dislike personal abuse and overly harsh criticism but we need to be a bit ruthless here.

You're either good enough or not, we're not a charity or a football school. We're a big club who have been relegated and are trying to get up at the first time of asking. We're going to have relatively big crowds and when things aren't going our way the punters are going to get impatient. You can either perform under these conditions or you can't.

Harris had the odd nice flick here and there yesterday but his contribution (or lack of) was instrumental in us falling out of the game in the second half yesterday. He only needed to look at what was happening on our other wing to see how a wide player can influence a game.

Butcher by all accounts screamed at him and treated him badly and he played poorly. Stubbs by all accounts is being nice to him and he's playing poorly. There comes a time when you just have to say that he's not good enough. I don't think we're there yet but it's coming.

The utterly lamentable lack of options should we drop him is another story, but I think it was the lack of creativity and options out wide that led to Fenlon's undoing more than anything. I really hope we don't let another window pass us by without addressing this.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 07:20 PM
I really dislike personal abuse and overly harsh criticism but we need to be a bit ruthless here.

You're either good enough or not, we're not a charity or a football school. We're a big club who have been relegated and are trying to get up at the first time of asking. We're going to have relatively big crowds and when things aren't going our way the punters are going to get impatient. You can either perform under these conditions or you can't.

Harris had the odd nice flick here and there yesterday but his contribution (or lack of) was instrumental in us falling out of the game in the second half yesterday. He only needed to look at what was happening on our other wing to see how a wide player can influence a game.

Butcher by all accounts screamed at him and treated him badly and he played poorly. Stubbs by all accounts is being nice to him and he's playing poorly. There comes a time when you just have to say that he's not good enough. I don't think we're there yet but it's coming.

The utterly lamentable lack of options should we drop him is another story, but I think it was the lack of creativity and options out wide that led to Fenlon's undoing more than anything. I really hope we don't let another window pass us by without addressing this.

I've seen Harris in all our games this season, he has been ok overall, looking good at parts, falling out of games in others - I still see potential, others do not, but the amount of people that are prepared to write him off completely really, really surprises and disappoints me.

truehibernian
24-08-2014, 07:37 PM
I've seen Harris in all our games this season, he has been ok overall, looking good at parts, falling out of games in others - I still see potential, others do not, but the amount of people that are prepared to write him off completely really, really surprises and disappoints me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShpjN09UQsI

Watch from 3.38 - Glass and Holt reckon he has it, the clips show he has it - he just needs that spark again Stevie. It'll come under Stubbs.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-08-2014, 07:46 PM
If we can't support our youth as a SUPPORT we might as well be Jambos.
Pathetic odd world some frequent - a weird morphed form of Hibbydom IMO.

I wonder what Kenny Maclean snr would make of all this - sure there's blame to be laid in terms of stewardship but to see off Mercer and end up with bile thrown at our OWN players? Nuts! Surely not all yams to launch?

emerald green
24-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Harris is ok.

What I would like would be if Hibs stopped their players from fulminating in the Evening News about how great everything is.

The Evening News tries to put a positive spin on anything to do with local sport. They obviously don't bite the hand that feeds, as it were.

To read Harris' interview recently and to see his performance subsequently on the field, you would be forgiven for thinking that he lives in a fantasy world.

This makes a fool of everyone.

Please expend less effort on media stuff and get out on the practice pitch shooting, heading and passing.

:agree: And learn how to take a throw in. Not just Harris BTW. As a team we continually lose possession of the ball from throw ins.

Hiber-nation
24-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Watch from 3.38 - Glass and Holt reckon he has it, the clips show he has it - he just needs that spark again Stevie. It'll come under Stubbs.

Great to see that again. Although he was really disappointing yesterday there were definitely signs in the rangers & hearts games that he'll come good again.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 07:59 PM

I believe so too, TH.

cmcd
24-08-2014, 08:05 PM

I have been reading a number of your posts and in my opinion the abuse and negativity you spout should be removed ASAP Personal abuse does no one any good In particular young players Just stop and think how you would feel in AHs position It is the easiest thing in the world to sit by your PC and say i would do this and that if i was given the chance AH has been given If you are a true supporter get behind All the players and management

flash
24-08-2014, 08:13 PM

Classy post.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2014, 08:14 PM

I see potential. Problem we have this year is that we can't wait on someone showing it. We need performances and results now. It's not entirely Harris's fault, but I do believe he needs to step up and take a bit more responsibility for his performances. People can't continue to put it down to an injury he suffered a year ago.

In the games we've played so far he's shown some nice touches at times. But he's not influenced a game yet. We need him to start doing that, amongst others.

greenlex
24-08-2014, 08:32 PM
:agree: And learn how to take a throw in. Not just Harris BTW. As a team we continually lose possession of the ball from throw ins.
No we don't. This is certainly one area where we have improved beyond recognition. It's getting better everywhere and some areas still need to be addressed but this isn't one of them.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 08:34 PM
No we don't. This is certainly one area where we have improved beyond recognition. It's getting better everywhere and some areas still need to be addressed but this isn't one of them.

Apart from the foul throw by Harris yesterday :devil:

Brightside
24-08-2014, 08:42 PM
There are some utter ********s on this board now.

Northernhibee
24-08-2014, 08:44 PM

There's a big difference between being ruthless and being abusive. Those calling one of our own youngsters a ****bag or a bag of ***** should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and ask questions over their temperament.

emerald green
24-08-2014, 08:48 PM

Improved beyond recognition? Sorry that's not how I see it I'm afraid. Opinions eh?

J-C
24-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Criticism yes, personal abuse a definite no, could the admins not delete such posts.

Mikey
25-08-2014, 08:27 AM
I think this one's run its course.

Can we just remind everyone that even although it was posted in May, this is still a valid warning.............

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284584-*****A-Not-So-Gentle-Reminder*****