PDA

View Full Version : Well done Tom Taiwo

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Fully deserved your applause leaving the pitch during the game to help beat Hibs. :rolleyes:

Aldo
23-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Wouldn't mind a MF pairing at the mo of Tommy and Jorge!!

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Got applauded more today than what he ever did in a Hibs strip

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Got applauded more today than what he ever did in a Hibs strip

Weird eh.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Weird eh.

Indeed

SneakersO'Toole
23-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Pathetic that he got clapped. What did he ever contribute to our club?

Some people really need to get a grip.

LaMotta
23-08-2014, 05:27 PM
:clapper:

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Said this before the match - hypocrites.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Talking about applauding the opposition, when's McFadden signing?

Aldo
23-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Talking about applauding the opposition, when's McFadden signing?

Hopefully soon along with Leigh!! ;-)

Dalkeith Hibee
23-08-2014, 05:37 PM
He is arguably a better player than Craig and Robertson. In fact im convinced he is. Mind you I wouldnt have any of the 3 in a hibs jersey. Thats how bad we have become

Scottie
23-08-2014, 06:04 PM

:agree:

Billy Whizz
23-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Didn't even notice he was playing until he got substituted

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 09:47 PM
I said to my laddie as soon as the applause started, "well that's another thread on .net tonight" :greengrin

I fully support giving ex players a decent reception and or applause unless they have wronged us in some way.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 09:51 PM
I said to my laddie as soon as the applause started, "well that's another thread on .net tonight" :greengrin

I fully support giving ex players a decent reception and or applause unless they have wronged us in some way.

Aye but your other teams fans used to applaud opposing goalkeepers during a game.

With a losers mentality like that no wonder you only won 5 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 Super Cups, 18 league titles, 7 FA Cups and 8 League Cups........

LaMotta
23-08-2014, 09:52 PM

:top marks

I applauded Taiwo ( as I did to every Hibs player who was subbed today) and if anyone has a problem with that then they need to get out a bit more :na na:.

SaulGoodman
23-08-2014, 10:00 PM
I booed like **** because I only go to the games to get my blood pressure up and let off steam instead of going to appreciate good football when I see it.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 10:02 PM

Pretty sure he was part of the team that got us relegated last season.

We will be spoilt for choice on Tuesday night, Nid Nishy and DVT, to keep the hands warm applauding them all.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 10:06 PM
:top marks

I applauded Taiwo ( as I did to every Hibs player who was subbed today) and if anyone has a problem with that then they need to get out a bit more :na na:.

Funny i was out today at the game, no chance was i going to applaud a opposition player while my team was getting beat during a game.

Knock yourself out on Tuesday night, it will be a refreshing change for big Nishy getting applauded from the Hibs fans. :greengrin

DaveF
23-08-2014, 10:09 PM
In order to get my £15 worth on Tuesday I'm going along to boo Nish and Murray as well as the Hibs team :agree:

LaMotta
23-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Funny i was out today at the game, no chance was i going to applaud a opposition player while my team was getting beat during a game.

Knock yourself out on Tuesday night, it will be a refreshing change for big Nishy getting applauded from the Hibs fans. :greengrin

One things for sure I wont be going on Tuesday :greengrin but if i was there I would applaud Nish coming off , no matter what the score was just as i did when he played for us :agree: and I don't see anything whatsoever wrong with that.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Pretty sure he was part of the team that got us relegated last season.

We will be spoilt for choice on Tuesday night, Nid Nishy and DVT, to keep the hands warm applauding them all.

Yep he was, damn sure it wasn't down to lack of effort on his behalf though unlike others who are still at Hibs being applauded. I will always applaud ex players if I feel they are worthy of such applause, no problem if others feel differently though.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Aye but your other teams fans used to applaud opposing goalkeepers during a game.

With a losers mentality like that no wonder you only won 5 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 Super Cups, 18 league titles, 7 FA Cups and 8 League Cups........

Maybe we should start applauding the opposing keeper you never know....................................

tanfield
23-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Thought he played well and always thought he played for the jersey whilst with hibs so quite happy to clap him today

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Out of all the players to blame for us getting relegated, Tom certainly ain't one of them.

Butcher told him he could go, he got chucked back in against Celtic and had a great game. Played each week after that and was probably our best player. He then got sent off against DUFC and hardly featured again. Meanwhile Danny Haynes somehow got back into the starting 11 at home to Hamilton. On the wing of all places

Billychaotic182
23-08-2014, 10:51 PM
We are hibs let's just boo everyone. Hibs players and opposition. Honestly some of the rubbish i read on here

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 10:55 PM
We are hibs let's just boo everyone. Hibs players and opposition. Honestly some of the rubbish i read on here

Boooooooooooooooooo :greengrin

The_Horde
23-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Boo hibs players and cheer falkirk players. Admit defeat why don't you eh?

SMAXXA
23-08-2014, 11:02 PM

What a lot of *****, what's pathetic is comments like that. Why can't any fan show appreciation for a player that has had nothing but good things to say about our club, served us well, was a victim of a terrible management team yet still retained his dignity.

i wish him well and would have applauded him if I was there, wether we are getting beat or not.

Billychaotic182
23-08-2014, 11:16 PM
What a lot of *****, what's pathetic is comments like that. Why can't any fan show appreciation for a player that has had nothing but good things to say about our club, served us well, was a victim of a terrible management team yet still retained his dignity.

i wish him well and would have applauded him if I was there, wether we are getting beat or not.

2nd this

southsider
24-08-2014, 09:39 AM

Correct, he was one of the reasons we went down. Our whole club is too soft. We should have been screaming abuse at him.

J-C
24-08-2014, 09:44 AM
I didn't applaud, he was(is) a bog standard player who did sod all in his time here, hardly seen him during the game.

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Correct, he was one of the reasons we went down. Our whole club is too soft. We should have been screaming abuse at him.

:faf: The mentality of some fans cracks me up.

SanFranHibs
24-08-2014, 09:56 AM

The only reason some are against it is because we are so bad at the moment. If we had won 6-1 no-one would be complaining.

Well, I take it back. They would probably complain about Oxley not keeping a clean sheet.

SanFranHibs
24-08-2014, 10:04 AM
:faf: The mentality of some fans cracks me up.

It's hilarious...I think.

The fans are too soft and 'should be screaming abuse at him'.

But from a safe distance of course.

Beefster
24-08-2014, 10:16 AM
I didn't applaud, he was(is) a bog standard player who did sod all in his time here, hardly seen him during the game.

The general view nowadays seems to be that it doesn't matter how crap you were for us, if you're a bland guy and don't say anything bad in the press about the club, you deserve a standing ovation.

Whoo hoo, well done Joe Keen...em, Tom Taiwo.

marinello59
24-08-2014, 10:18 AM

We should have chucked a pigs head at him. :agree:

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 10:33 AM
We should have chucked a pigs head at him. :agree:

Pigs head? You're too soft.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_DCHZYz8oo

Nothing less than the above is acceptable.

3pm
24-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Taiwo wasn't really to blame. Butcher hardly picked him!!

My_Wife_Camille
24-08-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm a big fan of Tom Taiwo. The guy barely had a bad game for us and I would rather have him in the Hibs squad than Liam Craig or Owain Tudur Jones. Still think it's embarrassing to give applause to an opposition player when we're losing the match though.

IanM
24-08-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm confused.. I clapped Taiwo off yesterday without batting an eyelid and didn't even question it until I read this..

I've absolutely no idea why I joined in.. Maybe just habit of clapping him off when he put in a shift? Maybe I'm getting soft? Maybe I've been to Easter road too often without clapping and I just needed a clap?

Pretty sure he'd have appreciated it mind.. But I think I need to have words with myself

theonlywayisup
24-08-2014, 08:46 PM

:agree: and I noticed that he didn't celebrate the Falkirk goal at all. He was just outside the box, then turned round and slowly trotted back to the Falkirk half leaving his teammates to celebrate the goal.

SneakersO'Toole
24-08-2014, 08:47 PM

Thanks for everything Tom. You contributed the square root of f all to our club but I'll applaud you anyway. Wishy washy, nicer that pie nonsense.

Nobody is saying abuse the guy but jeez, are we really that sad that we'll congratulate a guy that a) did nothing for hibs in his time here and b) played a part in another terrible result for us yesterday.

Time for some elements of our support to focus energy on what is really important - our club. Not opposition ex players who barely anyone will remember in 2 seasons.

JimBHibees
24-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Didn't even notice he was playing until he got substituted

Agree thought he was pretty ineffective. Don't think it is a negative for fans to appreciate a former player, pretty classy thing to do IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 08:52 PM
:agree: and I noticed that he didn't celebrate the Falkirk goal at all. He was just outside the box, then turned round and slowly trotted back to the Falkirk half leaving his teammates to celebrate the goal.

I noticed that as well.

PISTOL1875
24-08-2014, 08:52 PM

Are you for real mate ?? I could count on one hand the amount of times TT had a good game for Hibs when he was here.. Another wage thief who did eff all apart from contributing to us being in the current position we find ourselves in.. Turned up and played when he felt like it..

theonlywayisup
24-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Are you for real mate ?? I could count on one hand the amount of times TT had a good game for Hibs when he was here.. Another wage thief who did eff all apart from contributing to us being in the current position we find ourselves in.. Turned up and played when he felt like it..

Are you for real mate ??

TT and Claros were very good together. As effective a midfield pairing as we have had for a long time. There were many games when I felt TT played well.

But, hey oh! Opinions, eh!

DTS
24-08-2014, 09:02 PM
I always thought Taiwo was one of our better midfielders and should have been given a proper run under butcher especially as he was playing two holding midfielders. I couldn't go yesterday due to work but if I had been there I probably would have gave him a bit of a clap as a recognition that he always put a shift in and has never came out and said a bad word about the club in the press when he very easily could have, but it's all people's individual opinions

PISTOL1875
24-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Are you for real mate ??

TT and Claros were very good together. As effective a midfield pairing as we have had for a long time. There were many games when I felt TT played well.

But, hey oh! Opinions, eh!

Yes I am for real mate.. 100% real..

flash
24-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Nice of people to take time out from abusing our players.

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Haha you're as clueless as Calderwood a wage thief lol

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Yes I am for real mate.. 100% real..You are also wrong.. 100% wrong..

Northernhibee
24-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Every time he pulled on a Hibs shirt he gave it everything he had and got stuck in.

Was happy to applaud him off the pitch yesterday, he gave it his all and his attitude towards our club was very good.

dangermouse
25-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Every time he pulled on a Hibs shirt he gave it everything he had and got stuck in.

Was happy to applaud him off the pitch yesterday, he gave it his all and his attitude towards our club was very good.

:agree: How people can say he did the square root of F all when at Hibs is beyond me. Don't recall him having a bad game and he always gave 100%. I was more than happy to applaud him off the pitch as I felt he should have not been let go and that Butcher made a mistake in doing so (one of many).

Looks like I was right as he and Teddy Mabury were the only players at Easter Road on Saturday with a Hibs connection that picked up a win bonus.

green day
25-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Tom did alright, but he now plays for another team. Does anyone think he gives two hoots about us?

So, can all the "well dones" to opposing players. I preferred it when we used to - for example - sing that wee fat Robbos wife was being pumped by a hibbie and he laughed at us.......then scored !

It was called banter

1875er
25-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Never had any respect for him after I saw him out having a beer 2 days before we played Hearts last year... He was a sub on the Sunday and was in the Spiegeltent on the Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
25-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Never had any respect for him after I saw him out having a beer 2 days before we played Hearts last year... He was a sub on the Sunday and was in the Spiegeltent on the Friday night.

Yep one of the george St regulars unfortunately.

Billy McKirdy
26-08-2014, 07:33 AM

Would it have made a difference if we had been playing Ross County instead? TT was the very least of our problems last season and one of the very few who actually tried (when he got the chance).

He would have been amongst the very first I would have kept this season, like John Rankin before him he was professional all the way without the bad mouthing the latter came out with once he joined the arabs.

J-C
26-08-2014, 08:12 AM
I'll say it again, Taiwo was and is a very average player who was part of one our worst teams we've ever had, no matter how nice a guy he is he was part of that embarassment, he was also one of a good few who were regulars up Geaorge St, I didn't clap because he isn't a legend or anywhere near that status, bang ordinary and showed it when he came off that I hadn't even noticed he was on the pitch on saturday.

SaulGoodman
26-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Anyone who says they didn't notice Taiwo was playing on Saturday is lying. Probably Falkirks best player

J-C
26-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Anyone who says they didn't notice Taiwo was playing on Saturday is lying. Probably Falkirks best player

If you want to call me a liar, just say so and not make a generic post below mines with that statement, it took me 20 mins into the game before I realised Taiwo was playing and in my opinion was just another average player out there.

MWHIBBIES
26-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Anyone who says they didn't notice Taiwo was playing on Saturday is lying. Probably Falkirks best playerIndeed.

SaulGoodman
26-08-2014, 09:55 AM
If you want to call me a liar, just say so and not make a generic post below mines with that statement, it took me 20 mins into the game before I realised Taiwo was playing and in my opinion was just another average player out there.

You're not the only one that said it actually.

J-C
26-08-2014, 10:09 AM
You're not the only one that said it actually.

No probs Meh, don't want to fall out over an ex player tbh, just that I don't get all the love in stuff with ex players who were decidedly average when they were here, good luck to the guy and all that but to clap him off the park, jeezo.

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 10:51 AM

Not for me he wasn't, i was in the trenches and seen his performance, average for me.

DaveF
26-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Not for me he wasn't, i was in the trenches and seen his performance, average for me.

I hardly noticed him. We are talking about the same Tom Taiwo who was part of a Falkirk midfield which were all but overrun in that opening 45?

Beefster
26-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Anyone who says they didn't notice Taiwo was playing on Saturday is lying.

Spot on. I noticed him when he was applauded off by some Hibs fans.

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Will confuse some fans tonight if Nishy is on the score sheet.

Boo or clap.

Teo10
26-08-2014, 12:18 PM
I saw him in Nando's once, he let me in front of him in the Queue,

That is why I clapped him.

greenlex
26-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Anyone who returns south for family reasons is to be applauded.

HappyAsHellas
26-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Spot on. I noticed him when he was applauded off by some Hibs fans.

My sentiments exactly, and I did not join in the applause.

MinceAndTatties
26-08-2014, 03:48 PM
There are two questions here:-

Was Tom Taiwo a good player for Hibs?

He was our best midfield player last season. I would have him over Craig and Robertson. It beggars belief that he was suddenly discarded by Butcher during the last run of matches. A good ball-winner who played it simple and never gave less than 100% effort.

Should we applaud our former players?

Of course, we should unless they have denigrated our club. Even if you don't think they were any good but they still put the effort in, it would be the right thing to do.

If you don't agree with the first statement, you should open your eyes more.
If you don't agree with the second, I think you are mean-spirited and lacking in class.

Stranraer
26-08-2014, 03:51 PM
There are two questions here:-

Was Tom Taiwo a good player for Hibs?

He was our best midfield player last season. I would have him over Craig and Robertson. It beggars belief that he was suddenly discarded by Butcher during the last run of matches. A good ball-winner who played it simple and never gave less than 100% effort.

Should we applaud our former players?

Of course, we should unless they have denigrated our club. Even if you don't think they were any good but they still put the effort in, it would be the right thing to do.

If you don't agree with the first statement, you should open your eyes more.
If you don't agree with the second, I think you are mean-spirited and lacking in class.

Each to their own. I would be happy to applaud Griffiths but feel absolutely no obligation to clap someone like Taiwo or say Roy O'D or Doherty... it doesn't mean I dislike them but they did very little for us IMO.

Albanian Hibs
26-08-2014, 04:57 PM

I didn't realise he was playing. Guess that makes me a liar 😞 and I did not clap him when he went off. Would you have clapped him off if he was playing for Hertz??