PDA

View Full Version : Attendance on Tuesday

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Could we be in line for our lowest attandances in recent times?

I can't see many from Dumbarton coming, I can't see many who haven't got the cup top up going. I really don't see how we will get more than 4k.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Did not even know we had a game on tuesday.

Badabing
23-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Could we be in line for our lowest attandances in recent times?

I can't see many from Dumbarton coming, I can't see many who haven't got the cup top going. I really don't see how we will get more than 4k.
ST holder with no CTU. Not going because I can't be arsed I'm afraid.

staunchhibby
23-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Have CTU but not going to watch that garbage

ackeygraham
23-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Should let us in for nothing. Not paying those prices as not got a ctu.

SunshineOnLeith
23-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Non ST holder - I'm going. If it's anything like the crowd that turned up for the Stranraer game last season it will be small but actually there to support Hibs, much more fun than the likes of today.

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm not going to bother. If the club don't care enough to get in decent players I don't see why I should bother taking time of work to watch that.

we are hibs
23-08-2014, 05:17 PM
be about 4000 if we are lucky, it will be freezing cold, Tuesday night, league cup watching a pish poor hibs team. No thanks.

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Non ST holder - I'm going. If it's anything like the crowd that turned up for the Stranraer game last season it will be small but actually there to support Hibs, much more fun than the likes of today.

I was at Tynecastle last week and I was there today. It really doesn't matter how much you cheer on the team, they are still crap.

Ken
23-08-2014, 05:20 PM
A lower attendance will probably be a good thing. The constant negativity from the stands at Easter Road is like being a man down

DaveF
23-08-2014, 05:51 PM
A lower attendance will probably be a good thing. The constant negativity from the stands at Easter Road is like being a man down

Excellent generalisation. It's the fans fault again. What rubbish.

No constant negativity from WU. Sure, people get frustrated when strikers miss easy chances but that's football. If we tried scoring now and again, we fans would be less grouchy.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 06:03 PM
About 4000.

Sure Nid will have his players fired up for this one.

Hope we give Nishy a standing ovation as well, deserves it after all the booing he got from us Hibs fans.

lord bunberry
23-08-2014, 06:05 PM
What is our lowest crowd from the last 10 years?

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2014, 06:06 PM
be about 4000 if we are lucky, it will be freezing cold, Tuesday night, league cup watching a pish poor hibs team. No thanks.

Are you serious or do you think it's time for summer football??

hibee_girl
23-08-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm not going as I'm going to see Ant & Dec instead :greengrin

Was praying they'd have the Hibs game on Wednesday but it wasn't to be :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 06:43 PM
About 4000.

Hope we give Nishy a standing ovation as well, deserves it after all the booing he got from us Hibs fans.

:hilarious

thebigman1875
23-08-2014, 06:48 PM
I will be there because that's you do, for better or for worse.

Aldo
23-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Not a lot!!

franks
23-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Will be there and have CTU. No one else I know is going (or so they've told me) even one with CTU. In recent years the only fun going to football has been the banter before/after the games, so sad.

Amit
23-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Will be there and have CTU. No one else I know is going (or so they've told me) even one with CTU. In recent years the only fun going to football has been the banter before/after the games, so sad.

This is so true. We used to have a crowd of about 12 of us that sat in the east but we are now down to 3

Billy Whizz
23-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Will be less than 5,000 at the game
Would be good to get a nice wee win though

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 06:55 PM
This is so true. We used to have a crowd of about 12 of us that sat in the east but we are now down to 3

An all too familiar tale for lots of groups.

I travelled from Aberdeen every week with 4 guys for 4 years, home and away. 200+ mile round trips and we loved every minute. Now we are all in Edinburgh and I'm the only regular attendee and I'm increasingly asking why I don't do something I'd actually enjoy on a Saturday.

Hiber-nation
23-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Looking forward to it, we might even put away some of these chances.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2014, 06:59 PM
What is our lowest crowd from the last 10 years?

As far as I can see, our lowest attendance in the past ten years came in the League Cup against Berwick Rangers in August 2011.

4936 turned up that night.

Jonnyboy
23-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Hibs are playing, I'll be there

emerald green
23-08-2014, 07:03 PM
I've got the CTU but right now I don't think I can be a**** going.

Sick of it to be honest. God almighty, how many times have I said that down through the years? However, this time it feels really bad. I had such high hopes for this season too. Just feel so let down yet again.

If I don't go Hibs will probably win 5-0.

malagahibby
23-08-2014, 07:06 PM
My o My .
If you don't like watching Hibs-don't come .
Simples.

Ronniekirk
23-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Not a lot!!
And not me ,that's three games i have been to so time to miss one after that today so midweek game can take a back seat

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Hibs are playing, I'll be there

Maybe get a seat lower down J, looked like you were struggling with the steps today, not a old joke :greengrin just heard you had hurt your back, it looked like it. :aok:

Green Man
23-08-2014, 07:19 PM
I'll probably be there. If I don't go I'll just be sitting in the house by myself fannying about so I may as well donate some money to the club.

Carheenlea
23-08-2014, 07:37 PM
I didn`t buy the CTU, but will be there on Tuesday. After a disappointing start to the league campaign results wise, a cup win might just kick start the season and give us a confidence boost to move forward. A cup run would not go amiss either, but lose, things really will start to look grim before we are out of August.
For those reasons a hugely important match, and one to look forward to.

Jonnyboy
23-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Maybe get a seat lower down J, looked like you were struggling with the steps today, not a old joke :greengrin just heard you had hurt your back, it looked like it. :aok:

Back was killing me P, but I like the crows nest view :greengrin

Swedish hibee
23-08-2014, 07:42 PM
It makes me want to cry reading people 'cant be a*sed going' :boo hoo:

Greenblood70
23-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Got offered a ticket from a season ticket holder with CTU who isn't going but don't really fancy it tbh. Think 3.5k will be around the attendance figure, even that estimate might be on the high side.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 07:48 PM
:hilarious

:wink: :greengrin

LancashireHibby
23-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Wanted to attend, but was narrowly outvoted for Crewe v Bolton instead. Think that'll be even worse than ER.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Back was killing me P, but I like the crows nest view :greengrin

I'll bring the bovrils up at HT. :thumbsup:

sesoim
23-08-2014, 10:28 PM

:agree: I'm at the stage where I can't even be bothered to check who we are playing next or when.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 10:35 PM
After that performance today and not having the Cup Top Up I am definitely going and have purchased our seats for the game. I always go, not sure why but I always go.

Gerard
23-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Perhaps we make the players nervous. If the game was a closed one then perhaps they might win it:wink::greengrin:devil: It would be a disaster for the revenue streams:top marks

sauzee=legend
23-08-2014, 10:36 PM
2657 is my crowd prediction.

yankyhibby
23-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Winning 3 points against our greatest challengers and rivals is far more satisfying and important -especially this season. Many will see the league cup as a bit of a sideshow and far less appealing -thus we can expect a poor crowd - more so after our poor start to our league campaign. I would not be surprised to see a sub 4k crowd.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Yep it's only the league cup, imagine if we got to the final we'd never sell our allocation.

Stranraer
23-08-2014, 10:48 PM
I remember being at a game against Berwick under Calderwood I think... must have been like 5,000 there but we did win 5-0 so here's hoping for a repeat of the result.

Bishop Hibee
23-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Working as usual on a Tuesday evening so won't be there. I remember being at Hibs v Cowdenbeath and the attendence being 3000. Similar on Tuesday I'd guess.

Pete
23-08-2014, 11:03 PM
It makes me want to cry reading people 'cant be a*sed going' :boo hoo:

It doesn't make me cry, I'm just sick of it. Some people almost take pleasure in repeatedly telling everyone that they can't be bothered or don't go any more. What do they want? Sympathy? A medal?

Maybe they're looking for someone to tell them that they are what the club needs and the club needs to win them back. That might be true but thats the clubs business and maybe they should tell them directly how bored/disinterested they are.

As someone who goes, all they are to me are deserters with a sob-story.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 11:05 PM
It doesn't make me cry, I'm just sick of it. Some people almost take pleasure in repeatedly telling everyone that they can't be bothered or don't go any more. What do they want? Sympathy? A medal?

Maybe they're looking for someone to tell them that they are what the club needs and the club needs to win them back. That might be true but thats the clubs business and maybe they should tell them directly how bored/disinterested they are.

:agree:

Albanian Hibs
24-08-2014, 08:37 AM
I didn't even know we were playing on tues until my dad mentioned it yesterday. Not got the ctu on my season ticket so I wont be there.

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Would have been there regardless of current results but had a previous engagement so will have to miss it. Wanted it on Wednesday but c'est la vie. At the Rec next week.

Onwards and upwards!

Beefster
24-08-2014, 08:44 AM
About 4000.

If Taiwo can get a polite round of applause for doing close to **** all in a Hibs shirt and not being good enough for the worse Hibs team in a decade or more, I'm sure Nish will be presented with a statue and offered his pick of the Hibs-supporting virgins.

Dumfrieshibs
24-08-2014, 08:52 AM
Got CTU so me and mate who is non ST holder making the trip from Dumfries . His first game this season and was there yesterday with another mate making first trip from Brigadoon . These guys used to be ST holders but got tired of making the journey to watch the drivel being served up . Point is , I suppose , that there are lapsed supporters who want to come back ......

Phil MaGlass
24-08-2014, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=Dumfrieshibs;4139387]Got CTU so me and mate who is non ST holder making the trip from Dumfries . His first game this season and was there yesterday with another mate making first trip from Brigadoon . These guys used to be ST holders but got tired of making the journey to watch the drivel being served up . Point is , I suppose , that there are lapsed supporters who want to come back ......[/QUOTaye and the clubs doing absolutely FA to keep them coming back.

Blaster
24-08-2014, 09:27 AM
I will be there because that's you do, for better or for worse.

Exactly mate. I'll be there too.

emerald green
24-08-2014, 09:44 AM

What a load of absolute p***. "Deserters"? "Medals"? This isn't the army we're talking about here.

I for one take absolutely no pleasure whatsoever in telling anyone that I feel like I can't be ar*** going to ER. On the contrary. It gives me no pleasure whatsoever. I'm simply expressing an opinion on a fans forum. Just like you.

I've been supporting Hibs, through thick and thin, for many more years than either of you I suspect. Mainly thin I might add, and keep going back time after time only to suffer one disappointment after another.

Sob story? Don't make me laugh.

I totally resent being referred to as a "deserter".

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2014, 09:48 AM
What a load of absolute p***. "Deserters"? "Medals"? This isn't the army we're talking about here.

I for one take absolutely no pleasure whatsoever in telling anyone that I feel like I can't be ar*** going to ER. On the contrary. It gives me no pleasure whatsoever. I'm simply expressing an opinion on a fans forum. Just like you.

I've been supporting Hibs, through thick and thin, for many more years than either of you I suspect. Mainly thin I might add, and keep going back time after time only to suffer one disappointment after another.

Sob story? Don't make me laugh.

I totally resent being referred to as a "deserter".

Don't desert then!:aok:

emerald green
24-08-2014, 09:55 AM

There comes a point though when a person might be reasonably entitled to say "enough is enough". Wouldn't you agree?

It will be interesting to see how many "deserters" there are when the roll call is taken on Tuesday night.

I may/may not be one of them. What I said was at the moment I feel like I can't be ar*** going, and I still feel that way this morning.

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2014, 10:03 AM
There comes a point though when a person might be reasonably entitled to say "enough is enough". Wouldn't you agree?

It will be interesting to see how many "deserters" there are when the roll call is taken on Tuesday night.

I may/may not be one of them. What I said was at the moment I feel like I can't be ar*** going, and I still feel that way this morning.

Whatever you think is right, I will never say enough is enough though, pretty remarkable I suppose considering I only started watching Hibs when I moved here in 92( did go to a few games prior to actually moving here from 90 onwards) and previous to that had no affinity to them what so ever. No matter what division they end up in I will continue to support them by going to games. Each to their own!

Beefster
24-08-2014, 10:09 AM

You're entirely free to make your own choices about how to spend your money and free time. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

If you post anything on a public forum though, be prepared to be challenged by people who disagree or disapprove of your opinion/choices. You may well have supported the club through 'thick and thin' but, 1990 aside, it doesn't get more 'thin' than relegation and you've chosen not to back the club at one of its lowest ebbs in a long time.

Greenheart
24-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Was going to go along with a few others that all sit together but after yesterday and the amount I have paid for a season and lack of signings I refuse to pay anymore cash till we strengthen.

Hermit Crab
24-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Have a season book but opted not to get a CTU. Bought 3 tickets before the game for me my sister and old man as they don't have CTU either. I may live to regret that after yesterday's performance. Still going though.

emerald green
24-08-2014, 11:02 AM
You're entirely free to make your own choices about how to spend your money and free time. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

If you post anything on a public forum though, be prepared to be challenged by people who disagree or disapprove of your opinion/choices. You may well have supported the club through 'thick and thin' but, 1990 aside, it doesn't get more 'thin' than relegation and you've chosen not to back the club at one of its lowest ebbs in a long time.

I'm fully aware of all that thanks mate.

However I have not chosen not to back the club at one of its lowest ebbs in a long time. Not yet anyway. I haven't decided whether I will go on Tuesday night or not yet.

As you say, I am free to make my own choices about how to spend my money and free time. I've chosen once again to spend my money on an expensive season ticket with CTU, buy club merchandise, and go to every home game I can get to.

nomad
24-08-2014, 01:20 PM

So anyone who is fed up watching crap is a deserter. Not missed a game in over 30 years but enough is enough

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2014, 01:30 PM
So anyone who is fed up watching crap is a deserter. Not missed a game in over 30 years but enough is enough

Deserting after 30 years then if that makes you feel better.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm a deserter, and dont give a toss if thats what i am. As a kid i went no matter what, it was just what i did when Hibs were playing. Now that i'm older and can evaluate how and where i will spend my cash, i choose not to spend it on going to the football.

Last season i did not renew my season ticket, and i bought a membership to the gym. I let it lapse a couple of months ago but this morning i went down and joined up again.

The way i see it is, going to the football had become that unenjoyable it was actually affecting my health, the travelling was taking it out of me.

I'm looking after number 1 now, and if i'm perfectly honest. Even if the club suddenly started to do really well, i dont think i'd go back to going every week.

I just can't be bothered these days making the effort.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-08-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm not going.

Not taking a night off training to watch guys that are less fit and athletic than me.

Not interested in supporting a club that shows no ambition. Shambles.

Will be handing my season to a variety of people every other week for the foreseeable. I thought I was gubbed with Hibs last season, it took a new low yesterday.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2014, 03:24 PM
I'll go. The wife has been ordering me around and is obviously having an affair with her Pilates instructor, so what better way to reassert my manhood by roaring abuse at players in Green shirts for a couple of hours?

Diclonius
24-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Was going to go but travel costs were too high. Even considering the position we're in I will prob still miss it.

Stranraer
24-08-2014, 03:57 PM
I take it there won't be a problem getting Alloa tickets tomorrow morning then?

linlithgowhibbie
24-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Well our Supporters club still have a bus going, albeit with several fewer on board:gwa:

Cameron1875
24-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Deserters :faf:.

If the club aren't interested in investing to see a winning hibs team then we're all wasting our time.
Scrimping and Saving to get us to the playoffs an fluke our way to promotion isn't going to entice fans.

So as for tuesday, nah you're alright.

Sir David Gray
24-08-2014, 05:39 PM
I take it there won't be a problem getting Alloa tickets tomorrow morning then?

I wouldn't have thought so.

In fact, I'm sure I heard someone asking the club when the game would kick off on Saturday and their response was "What time can you get here?".

:wink:

Hermit Crab
24-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Deserters? This isn't a war. It's a stand off between once very loyal fans and a board who have shat on those said fans for the last decade with nothing but lies a deceit. Lots of false promises of change and investment. Blackmail of buying a season ticket to get cup final tickets and the money made from the season tickets went not to buy decent players but into a huge manager sacking fund.

Fans are right to make a stand in my opinion.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Can we add deserters to the list of .net names?

Happy clappers
Doom and gloomers
Bedwetters
Boo boys
Deserters

It's about time for a new addition.

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Deserters? This isn't a war. It's a stand off between once very loyal fans and a board who have shat on those said fans for the last decade with nothing but lies a deceit. Lots of false promises of change and investment. Blackmail of buying a season ticket to get cup final tickets and the money made from the season tickets went not to buy decent players but into a huge manager sacking fund.

Fans are right to make a stand in my opinion.

Its not "making a stand" its not being bothered to go because the team isn't winning after a long period of mediocrity, I doubt there is a club anywhere where the early stages of a relatively minor competition doesn't fail to ignite the fans in similar circumstances.

I reckon about 4,000 or less ............... I will be there though what with me being a Hibs fan & that.

Carheenlea
24-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Its not "making a stand" its not being bothered to go because the team isn't winning after a long period of mediocrity, I doubt there is a club anywhere where the early stages of a relatively minor competition doesn't fail to ignite the fans in similar circumstances.

I reckon about 4,000 or less ............... I will be there though what with me being a Hibs fan & that.

I wouldn't class the League Cup as a minor competition. Far from it. The two highlights in my almost 40 years supporting has been the League Cup wins - two major trophies. Would love to see more.

Hermit Crab
24-08-2014, 06:20 PM

Fans that don't want to go because the board have deserted them in recent years perhaps? Why should fans bother if the board and team don't bother??

Keith_M
24-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Just wait till Griffiths is announced as our latest signing tomorrow, you'll all be desperate to go then.

Hermit Crab
24-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Just wait till Griffiths is announced as our latest signing tomorrow, you'll all be desperate to go then.

Stop it you. :stirrer:

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2014, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't class the League Cup as a minor competition. Far from it. The two highlights in my almost 40 years supporting has been the League Cup wins - two major trophies. Would love to see more.

League

European Competition

Scottish Cup

League Cup

The magic word in my post was "relatively"

Your highlights are the same as mine.

Edit
For Hibbies the Scottish cup is top of that list.

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Fans that don't want to go because the board have deserted them in recent years perhaps? Why should fans bother if the board and team don't bother??

Because we are the club ........ It will only survive with our backing.

Any love or support I have for Hibernian Football Club and the way I choose to demonstrate it should in no way be construed as support or approval in any way whatsoever of its owners or on field representatives past future or present.

Pete
24-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Deserting after 30 years then if that makes you feel better.:greengrin

I've never seen such cowardice. The firing squad will be busier than I thought. :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2014, 10:46 PM

Same

That's scary

sbell1875
24-08-2014, 10:51 PM
I made a vow to try and get to every game I possibly could and I've been to every one so far and will be there at Alloa on Saturday but if I'm honest the thought of hanging about after work on Tuesday until the back of 7 for a game I'm not even confident we'll win is interesting me less and less the closer the game gets.

madhibby
24-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Hibs supporter based in Glasgow. I am going to the game along with my three adult sons. Yes we haven’t made the start to the season I wanted but the performances haven’t been that bad. Plenty time to turn things round.

Diclonius
24-08-2014, 11:28 PM
**** it, just spent £19 on travel and tickets to the game. We better win this one. :grr:

gegs70
25-08-2014, 04:16 AM
I can't make it unfortunately working....but hope they do well.

southern hibby
25-08-2014, 02:08 PM

With all due respect and your entitled to your opinion but sorry I believe it's the boards fault. They make promises year I'n and fail to deliver.
This year it was quality over quantity. We are massively underweight I'n playing squad as for talent we are so short of what we need that if the board doesn't get I'n more players they can bolt as far as I'm concerned.

Mark my words I've got season ticket with cup top up but if they don't bring I'n more quality they will not see me back at Easter Road I'd rather go flyfishing than watching that team.

GGTTH

southern hibby
25-08-2014, 02:20 PM

Deserters, if you think that then you really should join the military.

22 years I'n Royal Navy. Served I'n Bosnia, 3 tours of Iraq and I'm a deserter because I've had false promises after false promises.

I've flown back from the Falkland Islands to watch Hibs v Dunfermline flown back to Falklands to join ship again. Flown from Dubai Numerous other countries just to watch Hibs and on top of that travelled most weekends when I was I'n Portsmouth to Edinburgh to watch Hibs then straight back down.

I'm going tomorrow but I really am at my wits end that nothing changes and we have been promised money from season tickets would go to the player pool. If we don't bring I'n more players we will not be challenging for the league as promised by Leeann.
So if I don't want to go back this makes me a deserter? Not I'n my eyes it makes me a realist that is sick and tired of false promises false hope and false dawns.

As for medals I left with 5 don't want any more thanks. GGTTH

Hermit Crab
25-08-2014, 03:19 PM

22 years I'n Royal Navy. Served I'n Bosnia, 3 tours of Iraq and I'm a deserter because I've had false promises after false promises.

I've flown back from the Falkland Islands to watch Hibs v Dunfermline flown back to Falklands to join ship again. Flown from Dubai Numerous other countries just to watch Hibs and on top of that travelled most weekends when I was I'n Portsmouth to Edinburgh to watch Hibs then straight back down.

I'm going tomorrow but I really am at my wits end that nothing changes and we have been promised money from season tickets would go to the player pool. If we don't bring I'n more players we will not be challenging for the league as promised by Leeann.
So if I don't want to go back this makes me a deserter? Not I'n my eyes it makes me a realist that is sick and tired of false promises false hope and false dawns.

:top marks

Pete
25-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Your military service, previous attendance and emotional turmoil is irrelevant when it comes attending games as far as I'm concerned.

If you're there you are a supporter and if you brag about not going and being pissed off then you have deserted.

Is it the term "deserter" that you dont like being used?

southern hibby
25-08-2014, 05:56 PM
No it's not the term Deserter that I don't like being used it's the meaning.

Like it or Not Hibs are just not the team it's the strip the stadium the board and the fans.

We have been promised this season we would be challenging for the league, our season ticket money would be used to bring on quality players. It's obvious we need at least 3 to even be close to challenging never mind winning.

I bought my season ticket and I'm entitled to my opinion ( as are you ) so fans that have had enough of a board ripping us off should just except mediocre.

If they are deserters for making a stand for trying to make hibs get better players I'n then obviously as your not making a stand or moaning about the squad then your obviously happy with everything on the playing field.

GGTTH

emerald green
25-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Your military service, previous attendance and emotional turmoil is irrelevant when it comes attending games as far as I'm concerned.

If you're there you are a supporter and if you brag about not going and being pissed off then you have deserted.

Is it the term "deserter" that you dont like being used?

Who is "bragging" about not going?

I personally find the description of someone who chooses not to attend a football match at ER, especially after the s*** Hibs supporters have suffered for years, as extremely offensive. What gives you the right to describe anyone in this way?

Pete
25-08-2014, 07:26 PM

I personally find the description of someone who chooses not to attend a football match at ER, especially after the s*** Hibs supporters have suffered for years, as extremely offensive. What gives you the right to describe anyone in this way?

Plenty people do. I'm not going to name names as it might be against the rules.

If you find the use of that word offensive then that's your problem. Maybe you should make use of the ignore button before I say something that offends you even more.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2014, 07:38 PM

If you find the use of that word offensive then that's your problem. Maybe you should make use of the ignore button before I say something that offends you even more.

I must read a different message board to you, i don't see any bragging but see plenty giving their reasons why they won't be attending.

Pretty Boy
25-08-2014, 07:38 PM

I think people go through stages when it comes to supporting a football team. Very few will go through their entire life being utterly devoted, too many other things come up.

I went through a phase for about 6 or 7 years, when I first started attending games as an adult, of never missing games. I didn't really get people who made excuses for not going but I was young, single and didn't have many responsibilities. Now I still have a ST and still make far more games than I miss but it's not the be all and end all. Various things keep me from games now,: family illness, my partner works most weekend I now work Monday to Friday so we don't get a lot of free time together, if she gets a Saturday off then I'll miss a game if needs be, once or twice I've just not really felt up to it tbh.

I've got no issue with people who choose not to go to games, it's a free country after all but I've been in the position where I did have a go at those people and I understand it. Whay does still get on my nerves is people who refuse to support the club but still want to pontificate on everything that is wrong and put the boot in at any opportunity.

emerald green
25-08-2014, 07:44 PM

You're not going to "name names as it might be against the rules" :confused: yet you are happy to call people names from behind your keyboard like deserter (with all its offensive connotations) and say "that's your problem". No it's not. It's you that's got the problem.

You go on to indicate you may say something that offends me even more. I doubt it. You are bang out of order.

emerald green
25-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I think people go through stages when it comes to supporting a football team. Very few will go through their entire life being utterly devoted, too many other things come up.

I went through a phase for about 6 or 7 years, when I first started attending games as an adult, of never missing games. I didn't really get people who made excuses for not going but I was young, single and didn't have many responsibilities. Now I still have a ST and still make far more games than I miss but it's not the be all and end all. Various things keep me from games now,: family illness, my partner works most weekend I now work Monday to Friday so we don't get a lot of free time together, if she gets a Saturday off then I'll miss a game if needs be, once or twice I've just not really felt up to it tbh.

I've got no issue with people who choose not to go to games, it's a free country after all but I've been in the position where I did have a go at those people and I understand it. Whay does still get on my nerves is people who refuse to support the club but still want to pontificate on everything that is wrong and put the boot in at any opportunity.

I agree PB. A reasonable and well constructed post. Unlike the one I got from PD.

Pete
25-08-2014, 07:57 PM
You're not going to "name names as it might be against the rules" :confused: yet you are happy to call people names from behind your keyboard like deserter (with all its offensive connotations) and say "that's your problem". No it's not. It's you that's got the problem.

You go on to indicate you may say something that offends me even more. I doubt it. You are bang out of order.

Naming other posters is against the rules. Maybe you should read the stickies. "offensive connotations" and "bang out of order". Are you really offended are you just offended on behalf of others who might have a reason to be. If we were in the military and this was a military message board you would have a point but it clearly isn't.

Are you deliberately taking this out of context?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Are you really offended are you just offended on behalf of others who might have a reason to be.

This place is heaving with folk that enjoy that as a pastime.

emerald green
25-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Naming other posters is against the rules. Maybe you should read the stickies. "offensive connotations" and "bang out of order". Are you really offended are you just offended on behalf of others who might have a reason to be. If we were in the military and this was a military message board you would have a point but it clearly isn't.

Are you deliberately taking this out of context?

Noted. Yes, I am really offended by that term. It's a stupid and ignorant way to refer to a fellow supporter.

I'll speak for myself. I wouldn't dare to presume to speak for others on this forum, so no I'm not offended on behalf of others.

I am not deliberately taking your remarks out of context. I've got better things to do than that. What would be the point of that?

Pathetic.

I better not comment any further on that. :bye:

This place is heaving with folk that enjoy that as a pastime.

See above.

Pete
25-08-2014, 08:29 PM

Judging by it's reaction I maybe could have used another word other than "deserters". Apologies if I did offend anyone and I won't use it again.

Flinging offensive comments from behind a keyboard is easy so I dont do it...deliberately. My point still stands about not being fussy about the reasons for personal boycotts etc...you are either in the trenches with us or you aren't (hopefully a more palatable military reference)

emerald green
25-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Judging by it's reaction I maybe could have used another word other than "deserters". Apologies if I did offend anyone and I won't use it again.

Flinging offensive comments from behind a keyboard is easy so I dont do it...deliberately. My point still stands about not being fussy about the reasons for personal boycotts etc...you are either in the trenches with us or you aren't (hopefully a more palatable military reference)

Apology accepted PD. Lets call it a day on this eh?

Pete
25-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Apology accepted PD. Lets call it a day on this eh?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-08-2014, 08:33 PM
See above.

I wasnae including you EG, my point still stands though.

emerald green
25-08-2014, 08:35 PM
I wasnae including you EG, my point still stands though.

OK Hutchy, sorry. I'm maybe just getting a wee bit touchy these days. :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-08-2014, 08:37 PM
I've got tablets for my high blood pressure! :-)

emerald green
25-08-2014, 08:40 PM

And I'm not helping! :wink:

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Only right that I too apologise, the "D" word has connotations with some folk and deeply offends them which is not what I ever wanted to do particularly to anyone who has served in the armed forces. I was wrong and I admit it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Its nowt to do with you, its Hibs fault. (probably Strongbows fault too).

emerald green
25-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Only right that I too apologise, the "D" word has connotations with some folk and deeply offends them which is not what I ever wanted to do particularly to anyone who has served in the armed forces. I was wrong and I admit it.

Well said Scouse. :top marks

Pete
25-08-2014, 09:23 PM
OK Hutchy, sorry. I'm maybe just getting a wee bit touchy these days. :aok:

I think we all are, hence my admittedly deliberate use of a strong word to describe non-attenders.

It's true whats being said on other threads though. Good performances and goals make for a happy club, happy fans and a happy messageboard. Non attendance will also take care of itself.

If we can do the business tomorrow and kick on we can all hopefully get back to disagreeing about stuff like flags and Garry O'Connor.

southern hibby
25-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Well said Scouse. :top marks

Was brought up to believe that a man who is mature enough to apologise and admit a mistake is a man to shake hands with.

GGTTH

emerald green
26-08-2014, 09:02 AM
I think we all are, hence my admittedly deliberate use of a strong word to describe non-attenders.

It's true whats being said on other threads though. Good performances and goals make for a happy club, happy fans and a happy messageboard. Non attendance will also take care of itself.

If we can do the business tomorrow and kick on we can all hopefully get back to disagreeing about stuff like flags and Garry O'Connor.

emerald green
26-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Was brought up to believe that a man who is mature enough to apologise and admit a mistake is a man to shake hands with.

GGTTH

:agree: Absolutely.

Keith_M
26-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Jeezo, you lot should really get a room!

:greengrin

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 10:43 AM

You may not be able to name names but you can certainly show us the posts you are talking about, pretty sure that can't be against the rules.

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 10:44 AM

Nice sensible post PB.

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 10:46 AM

Will you share them :greengrin

Just_Jimmy
26-08-2014, 10:59 AM

We're exactly the same age, and pretty much in the exact same boat. I gave my ST up after last year as I was simply fed up of wasting a full day of my limited time on something I wasn't getting any enjoyment or value from anymore. I was saying to my mate the other day that when I was in my mid to late teens I used to never understand guys who had almost walked away from the game and who's interest was the odd conversation in a pub or the scores at 5pm on a Saturday.

I've never been more disillusioned by Hibs at any point in my life as I am now. I feel no connection to the club, and I although I still care enough to check results and post here, it is almost complete indifference when results are bad. the complete lack of ambition from the club has sucked the life from me, I am sick of false promises and dawns. Simply put it will take a hell of a lot of hard evidence on the park to convince me things are different at Hibs, I just don't buy the lies anymore.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2014, 11:03 AM
We're exactly the same age, and pretty much in the exact same boat. I gave my ST up after last year as I was simply fed up of wasting a full day of my limited time on something I wasn't getting any enjoyment or value from anymore. I was saying to my mate the other day that when I was in my mid to late teens I used to never understand guys who had almost walked away from the game and who's interest was the odd conversation in a pub or the scores at 5pm on a Saturday.

I've never been more disillusioned by Hibs at any point in my life as I am now. I feel no connection to the club, and I although I still care enough to check results and post here, it is almost complete indifference when results are bad. the complete lack of ambition from the club has sucked the life from me, I am sick of false promises and dawns. Simply put it will take a hell of a lot of hard evidence on the park to convince me things are different at Hibs, I just don't buy the lies anymore.

Ditto. :top marks

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2014, 11:12 AM

I think when one is ****ging a new bird the pressure is on to attend less regularly, but once you've got accustomed to her and the roving eye kicks in, football comes back on your radar.

At least that's been my experience of attending (or not) Hibs games over the years.

Keith_M
26-08-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm p*ssed off at the league Hibs are in, at the last seven years or so of decline and the fact we've only won one game out of four so far....

....but I would love to be able to go to the game tonight.

There really is no cure, I suppose. :greengrin

Radium
26-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Not very many atm ...

Smartie
26-08-2014, 06:56 PM
I had no interest in going to this game this morning but I started to fancy it at about 7:30 so I'm on the bus going there now.

Hopefully only miss the first 15 minutes or so.

This club does funny things to you.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Will you share them :greengrin

For a small fee!

Jonnyboy
26-08-2014, 09:43 PM

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-08-2014, 09:53 PM

I'll need to get more tomorrow!

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2014, 09:56 PM
ER had the top attendance tonight with 10 ties played = 5,066

19,723 overall

surprised only 3,674 at the Queens park v Sevco game

once again the BBC reporter got something wrong

Livingston maintained their unbeaten start to the season with an extra-time victory over Queen of the South in the Scottish League Cup. doh :rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
26-08-2014, 09:57 PM

19,723 overall

It was at Airdire.

Bishop Hibee
26-08-2014, 09:58 PM

More than I thought would be there. Funny thing was, the longer the day went on, the more I wished I'd tried to change my shift so I could have been there. No doubt there were a few who changed their minds and went at the last minute. Followed 2nd half in the house and when we equalised I had the coat on to head the 10 mins to ER to try to get in for extra time. Sammy saved me the journey.

Well done to all who went. GGTTH!

Pretty Boy
It was at Airdire.

Shame that.

Would have been nice for Rangers fans to get a 1st trip to Hampden.

cabbageandribs1875
It was at Airdire.

that's even worse then :greengrin

Green Man
26-08-2014, 10:00 PM
I almost didn't go tonight. I had various excuses but didn't want to run the risk of missing something brilliant and regretting not going. Glad I made the right choice :greengrin

emerald green
26-08-2014, 10:09 PM
It was at Airdire.

That dump is full of Der Hun. Mind our bus getting ambushed coming back from Broomfield one time a long time ago.

macd123
26-08-2014, 10:16 PM
I had no interest in going to this game this morning but I started to fancy it at about 7:30 so I'm on the bus going there now.

Hopefully only miss the first 15 minutes or so.

This club does funny things to you.

Good choice that was awesome!

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2014, 10:51 PM
More than I thought would be there. Funny thing was, the longer the day went on, the more I wished I'd tried to change my shift so I could have been there. No doubt there were a few who changed their minds and went at the last minute. Followed 2nd half in the house and when we equalised I had the coat on to head the 10 mins to ER to try to get in for extra time. Sammy saved me the journey.

Well done to all who went. GGTTH!

Got in from work at 630ish and thought about it for half an hour before changing my mind and leaving the house at 705.

Wasn't looking like a good decision for a wee while though!

Basildon Hibs
26-08-2014, 10:52 PM
I think when one is ****ging a new bird the pressure is on to attend less regularly, but once you've got accustomed to her and the roving eye kicks in, football comes back on your radar.

At least that's been my experience of attending (or not) Hibs games over the years.

Aye, but how auld are you...?:wink:

macca70
26-08-2014, 10:55 PM

19,723 overall

once again the BBC reporter got something wrong

Livingston maintained their unbeaten start to the season with an extra-time victory over Queen of the South in the Scottish League Cup. doh :rolleyes:

Was there not 9000 at Killie v Ayr?

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Was there not 9000 at Killie v Ayr?

sorry about that, no idea how i missed that one :embarrass it was indeed 8,877 at the killie game :agree:

macca70
26-08-2014, 11:02 PM
sorry about that, no idea how i missed that one :embarrass it was indeed 8,877 at the killie game :agree:

I know its a derby for them but still a decent turnout for the league cup on a Tuesday night.