PDA

View Full Version : More Quality less quantity

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Anyone out there still believe this absolute bullcrap lie fed to us by the club?

Bostonhibby
23-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Anyone out there still believe this absolute bullcrap lie fed to us by the club?

Am hearing what you say - put the post on ice until after the window closes then it might be open season? :agree:

We still have too much quantity on the books though.

PeterboroHibee
23-08-2014, 05:08 PM
I think we have signed players who will genuinely contribute to the team, whereas a lot of signings in the past have been fairly questionable. If the aim of the club is promotion then I dont think we signed anywhere near enough 'quality' however.

Aldo
23-08-2014, 05:14 PM
I think we have signed players who will genuinely contribute to the team, whereas a lot of signings in the past have been fairly questionable. If the aim of the club is promotion then I dont think we signed anywhere near enough 'quality' however.

I will say this TMD that we have nowhere near enough quality to be promoted at the first attempt.

I agree that Allan, Farid, Gray and Kennedy are better quality but we are still a long way from having a quality team that will challenge for promotion.

Unless we sign 3 quality signings before the window slams shut then we are in for a season of mediocracy once again.

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 05:24 PM
I thought Allan strolled through the game today. Literally.
Lazy player.

delbert
23-08-2014, 05:24 PM

To be fair, you can't blame the club for feeding us bullcrap because as a fanbase, we have sat back and swallowed it for years. Not only that but anyone on here with the temerity to point it out is either a doom and gloomer, a boo boy or a Jambo. The word I would use is a realist !

ancient hibee
23-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Lazy player.

Allan played very well for 70 minutes and then should have been subbed as he's not yet match fit.

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Allan played very well for 70 minutes and then should have been subbed as he's not yet match fit.

Good when on the ball. Off the ball he is lazy.

The Leith Dutch
23-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Lazy player.

I actually thought he was one of the bright points today.
Seemed to find some space and looked like he had a decent range of passing and actually looked like he might be capable of playing a killer pass.

bobbyhibs1983
To be fair, you can't blame the club for feeding us bullcrap because as a fanbase, we have sat back and swallowed it for years. Not only that but anyone on here with the temerity to point it out is either a doom and gloomer, a boo boy or a Jambo. The word I would use is a realist !

very well sad delbert 100% agree

It just seems nothing changes, we win, we lose, we dont do nothing to sort the problems out to why we lose, club says something which alot of people just accept it.

Imo at the moment we ll be mid table, no chance of going up and at the moment we would lose a play off.Unless something happens

Viva_Palmeiras
Good when on the ball. Off the ball he is lazy.

Like Klinsman then?

Brightside
23-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Lazy player.

For once I agree. Lacked pace and urgency like the rest of the team today.

bobbyhibs1983
23-08-2014, 05:41 PM

i agree but this seems to be a problem with us, we are losing and there seemed to be like a stoll in the park mentality about the game in parts.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the hibs fan(s) in the ff lower that were messing with the ball and then when the ball person came to get the ball they throw it towards the west?:confused:

It was in the second half when WE were losing

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 05:43 PM
i agree but this seems to be a problem with us, we are losing and there seemed to be like a stoll in the park mentality about the game in parts.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the hibs fan(s) in the ff lower that were messing with the ball and then when the ball person came to get the ball they throw it towards the west?:confused:

It was in the second half when WE were losing

They're just wee laddies.

Dalkeith Hibee
23-08-2014, 05:47 PM
In other words we have no ambition so we arent giving Stubbs the funds he needs. The guy is completely restricted. Different cheif exec but same old story

GreenCastle
23-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Was thinking this on way home - we have quantity in a strange way but seriously lacking in quality.

There were 2 or 3 Falkirk players I would have in our side today.

mutley
23-08-2014, 06:15 PM
If (and it is a big but very possible IF) the club are playing the long game with no intention of promotion this season due to The Rangers and THEM, I wish they would have the balls to admit it, because to me, that appears to be the plan : scrimp and scrape as usual this season with the aim of promotion next season

Elephant Stone
23-08-2014, 06:17 PM
I thought Allan and Kennedy showed a lot of quality today, Farid's goal last week would suggest he has quality and I think everyone has been impressed with Gray. So I suppose there would be at least an element of truth in it.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 06:21 PM
I thought Allan and Kennedy showed a lot of quality today, Farid's goal last week would suggest he has quality and I think everyone has been impressed with Gray. So I suppose there would be at least an element of truth in it.

I think the real issue is we need a quantity of quality.

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 06:37 PM

You might have to get used to that if we don't sign players this week.
:-(

West hamBERNIAN
23-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Well said pretty boy

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 06:40 PM
If (and it is a big but very possible IF) the club are playing the long game with no intention of promotion this season due to The Rangers and THEM, I wish they would have the balls to admit it, because to me, that appears to be the plan : scrimp and scrape as usual this season with the aim of promotion next season

If that's the case then I'll just save my cash for next season. I won't be the only one.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 06:42 PM

:agree: nail on the head.

truehibernian
23-08-2014, 06:48 PM

And how long will said 'quality' need to get match fit PB.........as per f ing usual with Hibs, the transfer activity is way too slow, way too late, and way too underwhelming.

It's an absolute given that Hibs will do what they seem to do best.....scrimp and save, wait 'til the eleventh hour, and bring in a 'Matt Done' - let's be brutally honest about things, nothing behind the scenes seems to have changed, the emphasis clearly is not getting out this division and winning the thing. It's merely to just be here and make up the numbers. Well and truly sick of it.

Aldo
23-08-2014, 06:51 PM

And will we see this??

I do think we will see at least 2 loanees. Maybe more dependent who if any we move on.

Not getting hopes up

Pedantic_Hibee
23-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Every player signed by Stubbs is quality (jury out on Oxley imo). What we need is a quantity of quality signings.

Heff, Craig and Harris were shocking. Craig has all the posturing and pointing of a captain and shows for the ball but he does absolutely nil with it. He's too busy pointing where folk should be without giving thought as to what he should do with the ball when he has it. He's like a traffic warden on LSD.

Allan is a touch of class, I spotted that straight away. Kennedy is eager and talented too. El Alagui starved of support.

IMHO, if Harris hugged the touchline like Kennedy did we would have won that. This formation is set up to play triangles between defence and midfield until such an occasion arises to spread it. If you had two wingers with chalk on their boots, we could have sucked in their midfield and played it out wide to a winger leaving him one on one with the full-back with two strikers in the box. As it was, Harris kept drifting in and did hee haw whilst Heffernan was disinterested. If we had two El Alaguis and two Kennedys we would have won that game at a canter.

Over to you, Stubbs and Dempster.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 06:56 PM
And will we see this??

I do think we will see at least 2 loanees. Maybe more dependent who if any we move on.

Not getting hopes up

Will we see this?

No imo.

Aldo
23-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Will we see this? No imo.

This is just it PB.

LD is going to be taking quite a bit of flack this coming season if we fail to deliver promotion or at least put up a good fight.

Sad sad state of affairs.
Years and years of mismanagement has us in this state and I cannot see us doing much this season( hope I'm wrong).

Few injuries and suspensions already and we are struggling

greenlex
23-08-2014, 08:10 PM
We won't spend what we don't have. Is this the season to speculate in any case? We will be in the play offs.

Mon Dieu4
23-08-2014, 08:19 PM
It's one of our catchphrases, every manager over the last 10 years or more has said the same thing, it's propaganda to get people excited and buy season tickets, as usual they miss out on the big targets if they even had any and will get last minute rank rotten loan players on the deadline day, it's like Groundhog Day

I'd love to stand corrected but just can't see it

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 08:26 PM
It's one of our catchphrases, every manager over the last 10 years or more has said the same thing, it's propaganda to get people excited and buy season tickets, as usual they miss out on the big targets if they even had any and will get last minute rank rotten loan players on the deadline day, it's like Groundhog Day

I'd love to stand corrected but just can't see it

I dunno, Punxatawney Phil would give us some much needed dig in midfield :agree:

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Failure to sign some quality players this week will cost Stubbs his job. It will only be a matter of time.

Golden Bear
23-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Failure to sign some quality players this week will cost Stubbs his job. It will only be a matter of time.

Steady now, let's be realistic.

SneakersO'Toole
23-08-2014, 08:30 PM

Are 'quality' players even available at this time of the window, without spending money on fees which we wont do.

Too little, too late I would imagine.

Crab apple
23-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Every player signed by Stubbs is quality (jury out on Oxley imo). What we need is a quantity of quality signings.

Heff, Craig and Harris were shocking. Craig has all the posturing and pointing of a captain and shows for the ball but he does absolutely nil with it. He's too busy pointing where folk should be without giving thought as to what he should do with the ball when he has it. He's like a traffic warden on LSD.

Allan is a touch of class, I spotted that straight away. Kennedy is eager and talented too. El Alagui starved of support.

IMHO, if Harris hugged the touchline like Kennedy did we would have won that. This formation is set up to play triangles between defence and midfield until such an occasion arises to spread it. If you had two wingers with chalk on their boots, we could have sucked in their midfield and played it out wide to a winger leaving him one on one with the full-back with two strikers in the box. As it was, Harris kept drifting in and did hee haw whilst Heffernan was disinterested. If we had two El Alaguis and two Kennedys we would have won that game at a canter.

Over to you, Stubbs and Dempster.

That's pretty much how I see it PD. The players Stubbs has brought in are a definite improvement. The problem is the nucleus of the side, including our captain, is still the same as last season. Dundee got rid of 16 players and brought in 14. We got rid of a similar amount. How many have we brought in.

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 08:33 PM

I am. This squad will get him the sack unless he brings in players who can improve it.

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Are 'quality' players even available at this time of the window, without spending money on fees which we wont do.

Too little, too late I would imagine.

the Moustached man will breathe a huge sigh of relief at that, infact....i can see his big grin from here

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 08:34 PM

Fickle

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2014, 08:37 PM

i believe the Default word used is 'bedwetter' :(

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 08:38 PM

He's probably right.

I like Stubbs and feel sorry for him, a promising young manager being hung out to dry.

From what I can see if things are going badly and the fans start to turn the 'wind of change' board will do exactly what has been done before and deflect attention from themselves.

They have done exactly what has happened before when it comes to transfer activity so far so why would their attitude towards managers be any different?

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 08:50 PM
i believe the Default word used is 'bedwetter' :(

Surely you are only a 'bedwetter' if you worry about something unlikely to happen.