PDA

View Full Version : Boo Boys

Pages : [1] 2

Blackfordhibby
23-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Hasn't taken us too long to get back down too it. it didn't accomplish too much last season, and doubtless won't help too much this season. But ah well hope it made the perpetrators feel a wee bit better.

:flag:

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Fans fault?

Centre Hawf
23-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Fans out. Butcher in.

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Sorry but what a ***** thread. Can't say I'm a "boo boy" but Hibs were backed when losing 1-0 until the players started to bottle it and play back passes just like last year.

If they don't create chances they will be booed the poor wee souls!!!

Bostonhibby
23-08-2014, 04:27 PM
We really do need to learn how to appreciate a home defeat as we slide down the leagues.

The Green Goblin
23-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Yup. Fans out. All their fault.

Steve20
Yeah, blame the fans. Not the useless impostors getting paid to do a job. If I was that bad at my job, I'd be fired.

Ozyhibby
Fans out. Butcher in.

Fans are doing their bit. There will be less than 9000 at the next home game.

c31
After watching that I'm surprised that anyone can defend any player, they were all shocking, remember it a 1st division team that beat us and every player out there deserved to be boo'd & loudly boo'd, every one was culpable.

truehibernian
Every right to - Falkirk played midweek, won without having to defend much.

We have now lost to all our main rivals, a derby, had players sent off, we are looking toothless up front/final third - meanwhile Hearts and Rangers are scoring at will.

Fans are sick, team has not changed much, results are getting worse, no signings of real quality, no real investment from STF into footballers, we are 3rd bottom in the second tier of football.

Not bed wetting, just stating the facts as they are. Hence the boos from the stands. Boos which were probably directed at certain individuals, as some players clearly have a real will to win football games - it's the ones that don't that need shipped.

hibsbollah
I was shocked at ft to hear the boos. Poor result, poor second half but it wasnt deserving of that.

Diclonius
23-08-2014, 04:32 PM
I've found the best way to stop people booing is to win games of football.

J-C
23-08-2014, 04:33 PM
They booed at the end of a poor loss to a very average Falkirk team, yea that's it blame the fans again.

The Green Goblin
I was shocked at ft to hear the boos. Poor result, poor second half but it wasnt deserving of that.

Probably it`s not just about this one game though, is it? It`s about things continuing on from last season and arguably getting worse, with few or no signs that the club is hell-bent on giving us the squad we need to compete; another home defeat, most of the players that got us relegated still wearing the shirts and the spectre at the feast of Petrie still sitting watching it all from the corporate seats.

Borderhibbie76
We are 3rd bottom of 2nd tier and people are worrying about fans booing the poor wee lambs who have us in this position?? The fans never booed at HT but the gutless 2nd half performance brought the boos and imo rightly so!! Nowhere near good enough!

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 04:36 PM
If we keep losing games then there soon won't be enough fans to muster a decent chorus of boos.

Maybr that's the plan.

jane_says
Don't think anyone whatsoever is insinuating that this is the fans fault but perhaps not screaming abuse at players after 5 minutes might actually have a positive effect.

matty_f

Same here.

hibee_girl
23-08-2014, 04:37 PM

:agree:

Septimus
23-08-2014, 04:38 PM
The fans are desperate for something to cheer about. For goodness sake give it to them

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Don't think anyone whatsoever is insinuating that this is the fans fault but perhaps not screaming abuse at players after 5 minutes might actually have a positive effect.

I never heard any boos after five mins. I heard a few clapping backing us. To be booed off at the end though is 100% correct IMO.

LaMotta
23-08-2014, 04:39 PM

The team was applauded off the pitch at half time - that didnt work because we were terrible in the second half. I thought the fans were very patient today.

Itsnoteasy
23-08-2014, 04:40 PM

Let's try a standing ovation in future and a renditition of Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Ra.

Stewboy
23-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Losing at home in the championship and fault saying they shouldn't be booed at?

Jesus wept. Has apathy kicked in that much

happiehibbie
I have to disagree I did not hear any boos until the end of the game

how do we tell the board team we are not happy with the performances if we don't give a wee boo or shout

its not the fans fault we are in this position please remember this

madhatter
Fans have every right to boo to be honest. Players are well-paid and the ones at Hibs get to consistently fail with nothing but a booing on a Saturday as a punishment. These guys will be getting at least a grand a week so I say boo them all you want.

We pay money for a product at the end of the day not to support failure.

Whilst booing isn't something I fully condone, please tell me what punishment players suffer for playing badly over and over again? Booing seems to be the only one...

We will be mid-table at best. Nothing has changed really. Performance looked very similar to last season, all too familiar.

tamig
23-08-2014, 04:42 PM
The booing gets on my wick. Every time Craig got the ball the boo boys were on his back. I have no idea what they think its going to achieve.

jane_says
23-08-2014, 04:43 PM
I never heard any boos after five mins. I heard a few clapping backing us. To be booed off at the end though is 100% correct IMO.

Come and sit mid way up sect 43 and I'll let you hear. Same folk every week.

If folk want to boo at FT that's up to them, won't hear me grumble about that, poor second half and a defeat isn't acceptable.

Bobo
We have a team made up of the majority of losers from last season who are spineless and talentless so is it any wonder the support boo.

Today they were pedestrian in everything they did and were far too negative for my liking. We have no threat up front, can't cross, can't defend and have no creation. Other than Kennedy you can bin the lot for me!

I've paid well over the odds for a season ticket to watch the same sh!!!te as last season with little to no investment from the club. We are already 6 points adrift from our rivals after only 3 games so damn right I'm gonna boo!

The lack of ambition from the board has been evident for over a decade and it's come back to bite them on the arse big style!

andy1875
We've been utter gash for a number of years now and this season already has all the hallmarks of another disappointing one when you add in a number of factors.

Fans aren't peed of because of today's result. It's the painstaking reality that we've been short changed for far far to long as one of Scotland's biggest clubs that gets to people.

BoomtownHibees

Shocked? Really? It was never going to take much for a lot of the fans to act like that after last year and I don't blame the ones that did boo.

Maybe a nice applause to appreciate their effort would have been better for the wee lambs

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Come and sit mid way up sect 43 and I'll let you hear. Same folk every week.

In the words of my mate who sits up there. "More idiots in Section 43 than anywhere else in the ground." He moved this season because of folk like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Hasn't taken us too long to get back down too it. it didn't accomplish too much last season, and doubtless won't help too much this season. But ah well hope it made the perpetrators feel a wee bit better.

Totally agree, fans fault all the time, should close the ground down for the wee darlings in green just in case there poor wee feelings get hurt.

Fans out Seagulls in.

Bleeds green
23-08-2014, 04:47 PM
What a pish thread

HH81
23-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Booooooo boooooo booooo

Bloody crap Hibs.

Booooo

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 04:48 PM
What a pish thread

Booooooooo

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Booing our own players while we applaud the opposition of the park. :applause:

truehibernian
Totally agree, fans fault all the time, should close the ground down for the wee darlings in green just in case there poor wee feelings get hurt.

Fans out Seagulls in.

Ice bucket challenges at half time to wake them all up SH, that's what I say :aok: Or maybe just throwing ice buckets fae the Doocot at them fae the stands :greengrin

madhatter
What really gets to me is why we are paying more for STs than Hearts and Falkirk and were beaten by both. Lets be honest also, if we play like that this season, Falkirk and certainly Hearts will end above us. Where is this money going? Booing is all fans have tbh, board are happy for this situation to continue clearly. I feel we are getting taken for mugs.

The new players look good but you can see we have 3-4 decent new players that when tired, we are bringing on the same trash as last year...

Lets hope we finish mid-table, eh...

GreenCastle
23-08-2014, 04:52 PM
It's anything but the fans fault.

I don't boo and their are a fair few idiots who do boo at ER.

But the bottom line is the club has been in decline for several years and while we play better football on the eye this season and while changes have been made behind the scenes...but...

we still have the same owners who no one has faith in. We are also at least 4 players from a team who can challenge. A team who have creativity ( Kennedy looked decent today-positive) and firepower (goals).

I can't remember the last time I went to ER - controlled a game and won. We seem to always look vulnerable at the back and teams with players I've never even heard of come and make us look very average.

Groundhog Day once again sadly.

delbert
23-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Words fail me, seasons upon seasons of utter pish but we are all just meant to sit there and not say a word. Yes its the fans fault that players can't pass, tackle or shoot and we should keep it a secret that they can't. Well unfortunately the secret is out, every other set of players and fans in the land know how poor we are and how little bottle this current team have. The problem is not a surplus of booing which in my opinion is richly deserved, its a lack of talent, bottle, ambition and direction, manifesting itself in a really crap side. Boooooooo !

lord bunberry
23-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Fans out Seagulls in.

We should close the players entrance before the game and let 11 fans play

steviehibsleith
23-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Football fans cheer and applaud there team when they play well/win.

When they lose some fans boo

Thats football all over the world

aunty joyce
23-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Fans are doing their bit. There will be less than 9000 at the next home game.

Well here's hoping it's the ones who boo the team and hurl abuse at the players who stay away!

Yes we pay to watch our team play and no one likes to see them lose but I would love for someone to show me the statistics where booing and verbally abusing someone brings positive results?

Moving my seat this season because of one such person - boos and hurls abuse from kick off!!!

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:01 PM

I think folk just make things up, never heard any booing 5 minutes in to the game.

SunshineOnLeith
23-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Where did the OP say it was the fans' fault? I'm completely with him, the abusing of our own players was well underway even before Falkirk scored. Given how early the goal was, that's just depressing.

Two people within earshot of me spent the entire first half doing nothing but offer a continual 'critique' of Liam Craig, even blaming him for Alex Harris doing a foul throw. (Apparently, it's the captain's fault if someone does that, who knew?)

It's not for me or anyone else to say these people shouldn't go to games, or should conduct themselves any differently, but I just wonder what they actually get out of going to Easter Road if they hate it all so much?

SteveHFC
23-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Fans fault :faf:

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:04 PM
In the words of my mate who sits up there. "More idiots in Section 43 than anywhere else in the ground." He moved this season because of folk like that.

Funnily enough that is where i sit and there is more backing giving to the team from that section than there is anywhere else in the ground.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Whilst I've never been someone who has taken part in any booing, I have always been quite sympathetic to those who have booed, given some of the dross we've had to put up with over the last three or four years.

However my opinion is changing a little bit on this. I think we've reached a point now where those who are still continuing to attend games should be supporting the team and refraining from any negativity.

We don't have a particularly great record over the last few years either home or away but our record at Easter Road is particularly shocking. I haven't worked out any stats on this but we must have one of the worst home records in Scotland over the last three or four years. Now I'm not suggesting at all that that record is down to the fans as our players and managers are ultimately responsible for that. However I don't see that it's helping anyone by constantly berating the players. They don't deliberately go out to lose games or make bad passes or miss easy chances, they're just not good enough.

The people who have continued to turn up to games should ultimately be commended for their loyalty but I think we need to pull together and create a bit more unity at the club because all the booing is doing is creating even more negativity and division within the club and whilst it's perhaps not the reason why we're losing games, it certainly isn't helping us to turn it around.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Ice bucket challenges at half time to wake them all up SH, that's what I say :aok: Or maybe just throwing ice buckets fae the Doocot at them fae the stands :greengrin

Waste of ice mate.

SunshineOnLeith
23-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Funnily enough that is where i sit and there is more backing giving to the team from that section than there is anywhere else in the ground.

If you're in the back half of S43 it is quite positive and I can understand not hearing any booing etc as I don't think any of it originates from up there. The front half (seats hit by the sun at kick off is probably a good rough 'line' to split the stand) is the worst for booing/abuse etc though. The rest of the stadium is quite moderate but there's a really sharp contrast just within section 43.

aunty joyce
23-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Where did the OP say it was the fans' fault? I'm completely with him, the abusing of our own players was well underway even before Falkirk scored. Given how early the goal was, that's just depressing.

Two people within earshot of me spent the entire first half doing nothing but offer a continual 'critique' of Liam Craig, even blaming him for Alex Harris doing a foul throw. (Apparently, it's the captain's fault if someone does that, who knew?)

It's not for me or anyone else to say these people shouldn't go to games, or should conduct themselves any differently, but I just wonder what they actually get out of going to Easter Road if they hate it all so much?

Exactly - couldn't have put it better myself 10/10 👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Fans out Decent players in

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 05:16 PM

Not my words bud. I've never sat in the East since it was built. I used to sit there but I found it packed with ********s, one boy I remember used to racially abuse big Maka and his mates found it funny. I sit in the West and it has it's fare share of idiots yeah but nothing like the east did.

Just Alf
23-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Well here's hoping it's the ones who boo the team and hurl abuse at the players who stay away!

Yes we pay to watch our team play and no one likes to see them lose but I would love for someone to show me the statistics where booing and verbally abusing someone brings positive results?

Moving my seat this season because of one such person - boos and hurls abuse from kick off!!!

Butcher (@ ICT), McCall and someone I forget (:rolleyes:) have all been quoted in the press that the "boo boys" at ER gave their teams an an edge and put some of the Hibs players under extra pressure... They LOVE it when we start booing.... Ah well.....

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 05:20 PM
On a brighter note, the booing will get a lot quieter as the number fans drops week on week.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:27 PM
We should close the players entrance before the game and let 11 fans play

I will manage them.

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 05:29 PM
I have to disagree I did not hear any boos until the end of the game

how do we tell the board team we are not happy with the performances if we don't give a wee boo or shout

its not the fans fault we are in this position please remember this

This argument(if you say booing is a bad idea, you are somehow saying poor perfomances are the fans fault) is crap, to be honest.

Maybe its because I was in a new seat in the east today, but I thought the atmosphere verged between flat and poisonous. Iheard screaming abuse at Craig and Harris (you f****ing *****bag harris, and Craig you are f ing *****) which was audible to both of them low down in the east on about 65 mins. On 70 mins we were attacking up the right, won a corner, noone on their feet, no buzz, no encouragement. At least three incidents of fans swearing at each other at the end.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:29 PM
If you're in the back half of S43 it is quite positive and I can understand not hearing any booing etc as I don't think any of it originates from up there. The front half (seats hit by the sun at kick off is probably a good rough 'line' to split the stand) is the worst for booing/abuse etc though. The rest of the stadium is quite moderate but there's a really sharp contrast just within section 43.

Two seats down from the drummer, even he got bored in the 2nd half. :greengrin

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Not my words bud. I've never sat in the East since it was built. I used to sit there but I found it packed with ********s, one boy I remember used to racially abuse big Maka and his mates found it funny. I sit in the West and it has it's fare share of idiots yeah but nothing like the east did.

Funny that bud, i used to sit in the West up the back from the dug out and the abuse the players/manager got was just not fitting with the prawn sandwich brigade, i decided to move up to the East. :greengrin

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Whilst I've never been someone who has taken part in any booing, I have always been quite sympathetic to those who have booed, given some of the dross we've had to put up with over the last three or four years.

However my opinion is changing a little bit on this. I think we've reached a point now where those who are still continuing to attend games should be supporting the team and refraining from any negativity.

We don't have a particularly great record over the last few years either home or away but our record at Easter Road is particularly shocking. I haven't worked out any stats on this but we must have one of the worst home records in Scotland over the last three or four years. Now I'm not suggesting at all that that record is down to the fans as our players and managers are ultimately responsible for that. However I don't see that it's helping anyone by constantly berating the players. They don't deliberately go out to lose games or make bad passes or miss easy chances, they're just not good enough.

The people who have continued to turn up to games should ultimately be commended for their loyalty but I think we need to pull together and create a bit more unity at the club because all the booing is doing is creating even more negativity and division within the club and whilst it's perhaps not the reason why we're losing games, it certainly isn't helping us to turn it around.
Good post :agree:

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:34 PM

Butcher (@ ICT), McCall and someone I forget (:rolleyes:) have all been quoted in the press that the "boo boys" at ER gave their teams an an edge and put some of the Hibs players under extra pressure... They LOVE it when we start booing.... Ah well.....

Can you show me quote's where they have said this.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:34 PM
On a brighter note, the booing will get a lot quieter as the number fans drops week on week.

You will hear a pin drop on Tuesday night.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Isn't the only thing worse than fans turning up and booing, fans not turning up at all?

jane_says
23-08-2014, 05:41 PM
I think folk just make things up, never heard any booing 5 minutes in to the game.

If you look back at my post I said 'screaming abuse'. I absolutely guarantee Craig and Al Alagui were getting abuse after 5 minutes. The booing started in the second half. If what you say is true and the back half of sect 43 is really supportive throughout then I'll get my season ticket changed to there because I'm not really interested in sitting beside the lads that do it every week.

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 05:42 PM
If you look back at my post I said 'screaming abuse'. I absolutely guarantee Craig and Al Alagui were getting abuse after 5 minutes. The booing started in the second half. If what you say is true and the back half of sect 43 is really supportive throughout then I'll get my season ticket changed to there because I'm not really interested in sitting beside the lads that do it every week.

Yep, Craig was getting it tight from the moment I took my seat (for the record I dont rate him either but...)

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:44 PM

Your more than welcome, we do our best to get a bit atmosphere going in the ground.

lord bunberry
23-08-2014, 05:45 PM
I will manage them.

Can I get pulled off at half time

Just Alf
23-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Can you show me quote's where they have said this.

In radio interviews after games so can't give you any specifics :-(

But others have mentioned similar previously.

All that said.... We DO have to show the powers that be that we're no' happy.... Just maybe not during the game when it "might" help the opposition.... To whatever degree.

Edit: so "quoted in press" maybe not the best phrase

yankyhibby
23-08-2014, 05:49 PM
I've never been one to boo, but can understand perfectly why many do. Many of the players who failed us last season are still wearing the shirt and, yes, failing us again. :rolleyes:

Dalkeith Hibee
23-08-2014, 05:51 PM
So its the fans fault we are pish and not the board? Good one. Dempster has a lot to answer for already

Sir David Gray

That's for a different thread entirely. :wink:

silverhibee

Depends how pish you play. :greengrin

Elephant Stone
23-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Booing achieves absolutely nothing other than making it much easier for the opposition and harder for Hibs. If you need to do it because it makes you feel better then I hope it really works for you, cause it does **** all good for our players and staff.

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2014, 05:55 PM
I thought the crowd were remarkably patient today. Clapped off at half time and the frustration only started to show near the end. It's understandable and I would doubt if any other fans in a similar predicament as ourselves would have acted differently . I didn't boo anyone but I left Easter Road today feeling as depressed with the club as I ever have . You start to wonder if it is ever going to end.

lord bunberry
23-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Booing achieves absolutely nothing other than making it much easier for the opposition and harder for Hibs. If you need to do it because it makes you feel better then I hope it really works for you, cause it does **** all good for our players and staff.
Do you really think people boo the team because it makes them feel better? Every hibs fan goes to the game wanting us to win and some people express their frustrations by booing, I agree it doesn't help but neither does a football team that can't win games.

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 05:59 PM
So its the fans fault we are pish and not the board? Good one.

Another one :dunno:

NO-ONE IS SAYING THIS!

patch1875
23-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Don't think I've ever boo'd I just silently seeth

Golden Bear
23-08-2014, 06:06 PM
I thought the crowd were remarkably patient today. Clapped off at half time and the frustration only started to show near the end. It's understandable and I would doubt if any other fans in a similar predicament as ourselves would have acted differently . I didn't boo anyone but I left Easter Road today feeling as depressed with the club as I ever have . You start to wonder if it is ever going to end.

Couldn't agree more.

Today's performance is the final confirmation that we really do have a very poor squad of players and it's almost incidental whom the Manager is. I was especially disappointed in the performance of a couple of our younger players today. One in particular has the heart of a mouse and his substitution was inevitable.

New players are required this week otherwise it's already got the makings of yet another dismal season.

nomad
23-08-2014, 06:08 PM

My self and 2 boys never booed. But that was a hopeless performance. We will not be out of this division this year. 34 years a season ticket holder but the football is so bad I find it hard to drag myself along and the board are taking the Pis* Falkirk deserved to win because the players gave their all and as for last week how many times have we been Shi* in a derby. Enough is enough. They have my money this season but it may be my last. It is like getting divorced when you don't want to I have fallen out of love and I hate it.

lucky
23-08-2014, 06:09 PM
The boo boys were out in force today. Some clearly don't understand football. ER is become a tiresome place to watch football. Hibs played well in the 1st half but some fans think we should score with every attack and don't expect the other team to have the ball.

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2014, 06:14 PM
The boo boys were out in force today. Some clearly don't understand football. ER is become a tiresome place to watch football. Hibs played well in the 1st half but some fans think we should score with every attack and don't expect the other team to have the ball.

So the fans are to blame again. Great stuff.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 06:15 PM

Just like the players then.

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 06:17 PM

:hilarious
Or
:rolleyes:

I cant decide if anyone is serious with this anymore.

B.H.F.C
23-08-2014, 06:19 PM

Or some do understand football, are disgruntled that we don't score a goal (all too frequent at ER) and were annoyed that we lost a goal from a set piece. Basically, the forwards or the defence didn't do their job.

If it was a one off then booing would be ridiculous. After four years it's perfectly understandable. The only reason ER is a tiresome place is because we very rarely win.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 06:34 PM

Did he say that?

emerald green
23-08-2014, 06:41 PM

:agree: I got the feeling that fans generally were trying hard not to express their anger, frustration and disappointment at yet another familiar defeat at ER today.

As I've posted before, Hibs supporters are no better or worse than fans all over the world when it comes to "booing". Win games - no booing. Lose games week in week out, especially at our home ground, - booing.

When does it become OK to boo? After the club is relegated again?

I'm sick and tired of the fans being blamed for the state the club is in. That's just a smokescreen for what's really wrong.

Blackfordhibby
23-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Right guys you win I'm the OP, if we get beat on Tuesday night, I'll join in. I shall boo wholeheartedly I will give it my all. Then hopefully the players will take a long hard look at themselves, give each other a damned good thrashing and win six nil next week. Next time I'm at the pictures and I think it's a bad film, I'll just give it a damned good booing near the end and next time they'll sign up a decent actor. Justification for this will be I'm a Hibby And I've been paying to get into this picture house since 1964 so I'm entitled to do it. By the way at no time did I say it was the supporters fault I only said that it doesn't help. To the guy who said it was a p1sh thread "you took the time to reply" nuff said. If I replied to every thread on here that I thought p1sh I'd have a bad case of RSI by now. This will most probably be my last post because in all honesty I have supported Hibs since being lifted over the turnstiles in 64 or getting in free at half time when you couldn't get a lift. This was long before social media came along, when a ten year old listened to older wiser sages guys who'd been coming since before the war, guys who knew football good and bad and thought that Boo was something a ghost said. I leave this forum in your capable hands lads, I'll be there Tuesday night the old guy,West Stand with the cowboy hat and walking stick, win loose or draw because that's what we do.

Cheers
Peter MacKinnon
in deepest darkest Blackford

Stuarty27
23-08-2014, 06:52 PM
The performance wasnt that bad and we deserved to win the match IMO, however its the usual culprits who let the team down, Liam Craig, Nelson and Harris.

I thot Booth and Kennedy were terrific in the 1st half and looked like they had played together for years. Allan was tidy and Gray was solid.

One Day
23-08-2014, 06:58 PM

It lets them know that you are unhappy with the sh*t you are watching

Jonnyboy
23-08-2014, 07:00 PM

I can back up the abuse report, I heard it myself and I sit in row EE, right next to the section 43. There were three or four guys right at the back of 43 who dished out relentless abuse towards our players and from very early in the game. They got so bad that one S43 regular turned and told them to bolt which needless to say just made them worse. Each time the lady steward walked up to the top of 43 she was harassed and made fun of and at one point a coffee cup flew over my head as it was aimed towards her. Eventually she returned with two other stewards and the ar5eholes were ejected from the ground. It's true that S43 does it's best to provide solid backing but there are the odd f@nnies who can't help themselves when it comes to dishing out abuse to our players

cmcd
23-08-2014, 07:07 PM
After watching that I'm surprised that anyone can defend any player, they were all shocking, remember it a 1st division team that beat us and every player out there deserved to be boo'd & loudly boo'd, every one was culpable.
Sorry but your post is nonsense You are trying to tell us that Allan- Kennedy- Cummings -and the 2 full backs were shocking I know its all about opinions but NO they were all decent If you want to fire flak anywhere try our captain I have stood up for him in the past but not anymore im afraid

Argylehibby
23-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Yup. Fans out. All their fault.

This is the standard response to any suggestion that the fans are less than perfect. I don't think I have ever read a post on here saying it's the all the fans fault yet as soon as someone suggests we could have done more this gets chucked in. No single person or body of people are to blame for where we are now, Butcher, Petrie, other board members, players and guys in the stands all have contributed to differing degrees. To say folk in the stand have no bearing on what goes on on the pitch is naive in the extreme. The negativity in some quarters is getting beyond a joke.

Eg high punt from them today, Nelson controls it as it comes over his shoulder and passes to another hibs player, i shout well done and guy in front he turns round shaking his head. Now getting to the stage your getting criticised for cheering / encouraging your own players at home. :dunno:

For some of our players it doesn't matter what they do they are never going to win fans over.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Michael Nelsons Mrs' words on the abuse/booing of the players, when arguing back with a few cringey Hibs News accounts on Twitter...

"@dawnynel: @HibeesLatest maybe if the fans didn't abuse the players, they might play better #justsaying"

"@dawnynel: @HFC1875Rumours @HibeesLatest never ever have I been to a game (& I've been to lots) where the players get so much abuse as they do @ hibs"

Billychaotic182
23-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Here we go another 30 pager about uber fans and boo boys.

1987kev
23-08-2014, 07:29 PM
The only boos that pi&s me off was when in the 2nd half we played the ball back to oxley to keep possession there was aloud boos. We r trying to play football no hoffball thought it was abit harsh.

S4uzee
23-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Michael Nelsons Mrs' words on the abuse/booing of the players, when arguing back with a few cringey Hibs News accounts on Twitter...

"@dawnynel: @HibeesLatest maybe if the fans didn't abuse the players, they might play better #justsaying"

"@dawnynel: @HFC1875Rumours @HibeesLatest never ever have I been to a game (& I've been to lots) where the players get so much abuse as they do @ hibs"
She's got a point. Didn't think we played bad today at all yet they still get booed off the pitch.
It's like people getting annoyed with Kennedy in the 1st half when he got tackled once ffs he's new and a young laddie who's trying to make a difference, his confidence will be drained after a couple more games at ER

DaveF
23-08-2014, 07:32 PM

Dear Mrs Nelson - Tell your husband that not losing crap goals and having your forwards score some helps ease fan tension.

You know, those fans that have paid vast amounts of money to see 14 home wins in over 3 years. Yes, 14.

(edited to include last 3 years)

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 07:33 PM
The only boos that pi&s me off was when in the 2nd half we played the ball back to oxley to keep possession there was aloud boos. We r trying to play football no hoffball thought it was abit harsh.

I said this last week. As a support we need to learn to tolerate the slow build up as opposed to the early long ball. As long as it's leading to something of course.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 07:39 PM
I said this last week. As a support we need to learn to tolerate the slow build up as opposed to the early long ball. As long as it's leading to something of course.

Personally I thought the support only became frustrated in the latter part of the game when the pass along the back option wasn't doing much to reverse a 0-1 scoreline!

Scottie
23-08-2014, 07:40 PM

She's bang on the money for me.

B.H.F.C
23-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Have you regularly attended other teams games to allow a fair comparison?

Scottie
23-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Have you regularly attended other teams games to allow a fair comparison?
Yes mate

Whenever I can't get back up the road to ER I take in a game down south.

Thanks for asking :wink:

emerald green
23-08-2014, 07:59 PM

Could it be that she's just sticking up for her husband?

I do not condone singling out any player for constant abuse, but I'm afraid fans of all clubs do criticise/shout abuse (call it what you like) at their own players.

They always have done, and always will do, until such time as that is also banned at football grounds and spectators have to sit quietly and say nothing.

I have been at Anfield, Highbury (as it was), White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Celtic Park, and lots of other grounds around the UK and have heard much better players than Michael Nelson getting absolute pelters.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Totally agree. I hate to use the word, but sometimes in the context of a football match, the support needs to be patient. At one point the boos were ringing out because we had to go back to keep possession, then when the defence got it forward and lost the ball, boos again.

It must be brutal being a player and hearing your own fans remind you how *****e you are.

1987kev
23-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I said at the start of last season on here that the negative at ER is bad that we will win more games on the road I think last season had a right to boo but this a new season a new manger playin football the right way it's going to take time for it work 100% but in a few months we r getting better. It's clear on here everyone got there fav players and a couple players get it tight were in my opinion there is a few players get of lightly on here and at the games.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 08:06 PM

Not to sure about that, she must have sat and watch killie play a few times and there fans are no angels towards there players either, and yes i have watched killie before when not playing Hibs and it was nasty stuff from the killie fans, it happens at football games around the world every weekend, it's not a exclusive thing at ER.

She should keep her opinion to her self, after all her husband was part of the team that got us relegated.

Golden Bear
23-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Totally agree. I hate to use the word, but sometimes in the context of a football match, the support needs to be patient. At one point the boos were ringing out because we had to go back to keep possession, then when the defence got it forward and lost the ball, boos again.

It must be brutal being a player and hearing your own fans remind you how *****e you are.

Not so much annoyance that the ball is played back but more a case of a realisation that players often pass the buck and refuse to accept the responsibility of trying something creative.

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 08:10 PM

Are you saying its all the fans fault? :grr:

:greengrin

trev the hat
23-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Win the game = No booing is it really that hard.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!

Shrekko
23-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Not to sure about that, she must have sat and watch killie play a few times and there fans are no angels towards there players either, and yes i have watched killie before when not playing Hibs and it was nasty stuff from the killie fans, it happens at football games around the world every weekend, it's not a exclusive thing at ER.

She should keep her opinion to her self, after all her husband was part of the team that got us relegated.

She's perfectly entitled to her opinion!

Fenlon said that Stuart McCall told him he wouldn't manage Hibs because of the abuse the fans give the team and how often have we heard stories about opponents who think the ER crowd helps them?

There is huge frustration and rightly so, but anyone who seriously thinks Hibs fans aren't some of the most abusive are kidding themselves.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Not so much annoyance that the ball is played back but more a case of a realisation that players often pass the buck and refuse to accept the responsibility of trying something creative.

And why do you think they don't want to take responsibility to try something creative, what sort of reaction should they expect if it doesn't come off?

Heisenberg
23-08-2014, 08:15 PM
The team get support in the majority of games. Even at the end of last season they had our backing and what did they do? ***** themselves and get relegated. It's not the fans fault at all. Maybe some of the players need to step up and show that they have what it takes to play for this club.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 08:19 PM
The team get support in the majority of games. Even at the end of last season they had our backing and what did they do? ***** themselves and get relegated. It's not the fans fault at all. Maybe some of the players need to step up and show that they have what it takes to play for this club.

It's definitely not the fans' fault. Nobody has said it is.

Scottie
23-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Could it be that she's just sticking up for her husband?

I do not condone singling out any player for constant abuse, but I'm afraid fans of all clubs do criticise/shout abuse (call it what you like) at their own players.

They always have done, and always will do, until such time as that is also banned at football grounds and spectators have to sit quietly and say nothing.

I have been at Anfield, Highbury (as it was), White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Celtic Park, and lots of other grounds around the UK and have heard much better players than Michael Nelson getting absolute pelters.

She could just be backing up her husband but she says in her opinion we are the quickest fans to show disproval at our team.

Like you and me SH she's entitled to her opinion and that's all she is doing :wink:

emerald green
She's perfectly entitled to her opinion!

Fenlon said that Stuart McCall told him he wouldn't manage Hibs because of the abuse the fans give the team and how often have we heard stories about opponents who think the ER crowd helps them?

There is huge frustration and rightly so, but anyone who seriously thinks Hibs fans aren't some of the most abusive are kidding themselves.

Sorry, but that simply isn't true. What do you base that statement on? Is there a league table of which club has the most abusive fans?

Hibs fans are venting their anger and frustration at p*** poor results over a number of seasons now, culminating in the club being relegated in the most disgraceful manner. What do you expect?

Heisenberg
It's definitely not the fans' fault. Nobody has said it is.

Apart from Mrs Nelson and those who agree with her.

Golden Bear
23-08-2014, 08:21 PM
And why do you think they don't want to take responsibility to try something creative, what sort of reaction should they expect if it doesn't come off?

They're professional football players and it's up the Manager to ensure they don't shirk their responsibilies regardless of what the nasty crowd may think or say.

Stranraer
23-08-2014, 08:23 PM

:faf:

Bishop Hibee
23-08-2014, 08:24 PM

:trumpet: Hibs fans are sick of the mediocrity we are watching. That second half was dire as was the second half v Livi and v Hertz. Our club is dying, do you expect fans to except that?

We have an absentee owner and a stakeholder in Petrie whose time has long been up.

emerald green
23-08-2014, 08:27 PM

Are they so mentally soft? I think most fans will applaud a player trying to take on some responsibility and try something creative rather than hiding and/or shirking tackles.

I know I do, but I cannot speak for everyone obviously.

Shrekko
23-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Sorry, but that simply isn't true. What do you base that statement on? Is there a league table of which club has the most abusive fans?

Hibs fans are venting their anger and frustration at p*** poor results over a number of seasons now, culminating in the club being relegated in the most disgraceful manner. What do you expect?

The fact it seems to be fairly well accepted by people not connected with the club tells me we're worse than most.

I've already said the frustration of the support is understandable, but like a lot of folk I fail to see the point in the way some folk 'support' the club.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2014, 08:30 PM
There is a massive difference between people saying the fans are to blame for our troubles and people pointing out that they don't believe the booing is helping to improve our situation.

Personally I am starting to agree with the latter and considering that I believe the whole point of fans turning up to support Hibs on a match day is to try and help the team to do as well as it can, the booing is counter-productive in my opinion.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 08:35 PM
There is a massive difference between people saying the fans are to blame for our troubles and people pointing out that they don't believe the booing is helping to improve our situation.

Personally I am starting to agree with the latter and considering that I believe the whole point of fans turning up to support Hibs on a match day is to try and help the team to do as well as it can, the booing is counter-productive in my opinion.
Well said.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Apart from Mrs Nelson and those who agree with her.

She didn't say that.

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Mrs Nelson is to blame for our woes now :agree:

emerald green
23-08-2014, 08:39 PM
The fact it seems to be fairly well accepted by people not connected with the club tells me we're worse than most.

I've already said the frustration of the support is understandable, but like a lot of folk I fail to see the point in the way some folk 'support' the club.

Who are these "people not connected with club"? I bet they all just love Hibs. Aye right. Someone mentioned Stuart McCall earlier. A real Hibs man. :faf:

I'm afraid we are going to have to agree to disagree on this. Hibs fans are no better and no worse than any other group of football supporters. My own opinion is that the Hibs support has been patient, above and beyond the call of duty for years.

Just my opinion though.

Frogga
23-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Hibs away crowds are great but our home crowds are awful. We've done fine until now and we have one game where we get a bit unlucky and the fans ***** themselves and start acting like the World has come to an end. Grow up. Get off the team's back and let them play without having all this abuse directed at them. How would you like to go to work and have 9,000 people screaming abuse at you the minute you make a mistake? It's embarassing. As a Hibs fan I am ashamed of our own fans as much as the performance of the team itself and that's just my honest opinion.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 08:46 PM

I really need to see some of these quotes from folk not connected with the club before i start believing this nonsense, where and when did these mystery folk say this, just the one quote will be do me.

emerald green
23-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Hibs away crowds are great but our home crowds are awful. We've done fine until now and we have one game where we get a bit unlucky and the fans ***** themselves and start acting like the World has come to an end. Grow up. Get off the team's back and let them play without having all this abuse directed at them. How would you like to go to work and have 9,000 people screaming abuse at you the minute you make a mistake? It's embarassing. As a Hibs fan I am ashamed of our own fans as much as the performance of the team itself and that's just my honest opinion.

What a ridiculous load of nonsense. "9,000 people screaming abuse at you the minute you make a mistake". That's practically every spectator in the ground today! The crowd was just over 9,000 I heard announced.

I did not hear a single boo from the whole area I was sitting in. Presumably some of the crowd today at ER are also in the great away crowds too?

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 08:49 PM

How does that work.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 08:52 PM

Not half as embarrassing - and wrong - as your post.

Biggest load of Tom Kite I've read tonight.

1987kev
23-08-2014, 08:54 PM
How does that work.
Crowd last week unbelievable getting behind the team singing tremendous, today how many songs were sang today? I don't know why the away crowd is much better than home.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Crowd last week unbelievable getting behind the team singing tremendous, today how many songs were sang today? I don't know why the away crowd is much better than home.

A Derby. Loadsa bevvy. Blind optimism.

Need anymore?

Frogga
23-08-2014, 08:58 PM
What a ridiculous load of nonsense. "9,000 people screaming abuse at you the minute you make a mistake". That's practically every spectator in the ground today! The crowd was just over 9,000 I heard announced.

I did not hear a single boo from the whole area I was sitting in. Presumably some of the crowd today at ER are also in the great away crowds too?

I didn't mean literally all 9'000 fans today were bad. I should have phrased that better as it's only a relatively small element who do it. The ones who do it drag the team down in a vicious cycle and it's painful to watch.

emerald green
23-08-2014, 08:58 PM

:aok: :top marks

Frogga
23-08-2014, 09:00 PM

Ok if you explain what you mean then maybe I'll refrain from expressing my opinion.

Northernhibee
23-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Fans fault?

Soon as someone mentions abuse towards the players, we get remarks like this that add nothing to the debate and ignore the original point being made. Toys out of the pram stuff.

1987kev
A Derby. Loadsa bevvy. Blind optimism.

Need anymore?
Fair enough but every away games the atmosphere is better not so negative and also I think the new stand has killed our atmosphere the singing has gone from ER

The_Horde
Not enough backing for the team. They were ruined after the booing started.

We can cheer for opposition players but we boo our own? Pathetic. Loser mentality.

Frogga
23-08-2014, 09:03 PM

And to be honest you're deviating from the point... You go to work, make a mistake, customers start screaming abuse at you... How do you think you'd react? Do you think you'd perform better? Didn't think so.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Ok if you explain what you mean then maybe I'll refrain from expressing my opinion.

You carry on expressing your opinion, no one is stopping you so don't bring that old chestnut out.

What have I to explain that wasn't clear in my last post? I thought your effort was embarrassing and said so?

You think a (now) small element of fans booing makes a vicious cycle. I happen to think year after year of piss poor performances is a major factor in it all. As evidenced by the small number of times we compete and win games, there is no booing and fans are happy. Pity that's only occurred 14 times since August 2011.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Fair enough but every away games the atmosphere is better not so negative and also I think the new stand has killed our atmosphere the singing has gone from ER

Is it?

Didn't feel like that at Dingwall or Perth or wherever we were getting beat last season.

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Dear Mrs Nelson - Tell your husband that not losing crap goals and having your forwards score some helps ease fan tension.

You know, those fans that have paid vast amounts of money to see 14 home wins in over 3 years. Yes, 14.

(edited to include last 3 years)

Is that correct? We have actually won 14 games in that time?

Frogga
23-08-2014, 09:09 PM
You carry on expressing your opinion, no one is stopping you so don't bring that old chestnut out.

What have I to explain that wasn't clear in my last post? I thought your effort was embarrassing and said so?

You think a (now) small element of fans booing makes a vicious cycle. I happen to think year after year of piss poor performances is a major factor in it all. As evidenced by the small number of times we compete and win games, there is no booing and fans are happy. Pity that's only occurred 14 times since August 2011.

Yes but you see this vicious cycle time and time again. Hibs play well, lose an unlucky goal, fans start getting frustrated, Hibs players start to panic, fans start booing, Hibs players hide, abuse rains from the stands, opposition takes control and Hibs are crushed.

What the fans can't seem to recognise is how much they can influence our team's performance. Is it a coincidence that our home form is so horrendous?

Deansy
23-08-2014, 09:10 PM
An owner with no interest whatsoever in football, ditto the Chairman, club/team continually spiralling downwards year-in-year-out and there's a thread about the ONLY people who DO care for the club - THE FANS- booing ???............

DaveF
23-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Is that correct? We have actually won 14 games in that time?

In the league yes. Unless I've miscounted :greengrin so please feel free to check iHibs and correct me!

Bishop Hibee
23-08-2014, 09:11 PM

Correct. We clapped them off at half-time because in spite of their limitations they had tried there best. Second half they were booed because that didn't and gave up.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Yes but you see this vicious cycle time and time again. Hibs play well, lose an unlucky goal, fans start getting frustrated, Hibs players start to panic, fans start booing, Hibs players hide, abuse rains from the stands, opposition takes control and Hibs are crushed.

What the fans can't seem to recognise is how much they can influence our team's performance. Is it a coincidence that our home form is so horrendous?

:rolleyes: You should write for the sun.

Sorry, but I'm done debating this with you while you persist with all that guff.

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2014, 09:15 PM
In the league yes. Unless I've miscounted :greengrin so please feel free to check iHibs and correct me!

It's not so bad after all, I don't know what we are complaining about. I suppose our expectation levels are too high.:greengrin

emerald green
23-08-2014, 09:16 PM
And to be honest you're deviating from the point... You go to work, make a mistake, customers start screaming abuse at you... How do you think you'd react? Do you think you'd perform better? Didn't think so.

In what way am I deviating from the point? You are introducing something else entirely now.

If I kept "making mistakes" (not doing my job properly) at work, and customers started "screaming abuse" at me, my boss would soon want to know why.

I think I would want to react quickly, get my finger out, and perform better in case I got the sack.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Soon as someone mentions abuse towards the players, we get remarks like this that add nothing to the debate and ignore the original point being made. Toys out of the pram stuff.

What did you add to the debate with your post.

Frogga
23-08-2014, 09:20 PM
:rolleyes: You should write for the sun.

Sorry, but I'm done debating this with you while you persist with all that guff.

Exactly, you can't see it so you back out. I'm not saying fans should never voice their disapproval. The problem I have is that a section of our home fans get on the team's back after one poor performance and this is detrimental to our long-term prospects.

marinello59
23-08-2014, 09:22 PM

I thought the crowd was very supportive today. Our home form is horrendous for one reason only, we have too many players who are simply not good enough. As for our away form, played two competitive matches so far away from home, lost both of them. The blame lies far away from the long suffering fans.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Is it?

Didn't feel like that at Dingwall or Perth or wherever we were getting beat last season.

But not that many fans bothered to make the effort up to Dingwall at the end of the season to support the team. :wink: :greengrin

What a performance the players put in that night, that much most of them collapsed to the pitch at FT.

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Anyone reading this thread that had not been to the game would imagine that the team ran out to a torrent of abuse and that every misplaced pass was met with an outbreak of booing.
This utter nonsense is deflecting attention away from the serious situation the club is in , a situation not created by the dwindling band of supporters who loyally turn up each week.

tamig
23-08-2014, 09:26 PM

Why should they be displaying the same negative behaviour though? Last season and the seasons before are gone. Let it lie. It's a new regime now - just three league games in. Let's back them for a change. Some folk really need to let go of the past. Does my head in.

Famous Fiver
23-08-2014, 09:27 PM
I feel sorry for Stubbs. He's made many horrendous mistakes but he's a rookie and might improve. What he hadn't appreciated was the short fuse of the Hibernian support
who have had to watch drivel for seasons and see the same mistakes time and again under different managers. I hope he now realises he has little wriggle room. Things need to improve and quick.

Frogga
23-08-2014, 09:28 PM
I thought the crowd was very supportive today. Our home form is horrendous for one reason only, we have too many players who are simply not good enough. As for our away form, played two competitive matches so far away from home, lost both of them. The blame lies far away from the long suffering fans.

If you look at our home v away form from the last few years you'll find something different. You're right, our team isn't good enough but all this negativity isn't helping.

SmashinGlass
23-08-2014, 09:29 PM
I feel sorry for Stubbs. He's made many horrendous mistakes but he's a rookie and might improve. What he hadn't appreciated was the short fuse of the Hibernian support
who have had to watch drivel for seasons and see the same mistakes time and again under different managers. I hope he now realises he has little wriggle room. Things need to improve and quick.

Really? Care to elaborate on the "many" and tell us how these mistakes have been "horrendous"

emerald green
23-08-2014, 09:31 PM

:agree: Why don't some posters see this? Quite frankly I'm tired debating this point with some of them.

There are far bigger, and much more serious issues, facing Hibernian FC than some fans booing or criticising players. That goes on at every club, not just Hibs, and these other clubs haven't ended up getting relegated FFS.

I've heard booing and criticism off and on over the years at ER since I started supporting the club.

tamig
23-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Anyone reading this thread that had not been to the game would imagine that the team ran out to a torrent of abuse and that every misplaced pass was met with an outbreak of booing.
This utter nonsense is deflecting attention away from the serious situation the club is in , a situation not created by the dwindling band of supporters who loyally turn up each week.

From shortly into the second half the booing was well underway. And it wasn't isolated. Why do you say it's utter nonsense? This negative pish continues to rain down from the stands. I thought it would take a while for the boos to ring out this season. One and a half home games in and it's back. It's grinding stuff.

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2014, 09:41 PM
From shortly into the second half the booing was well underway. And it wasn't isolated. Why do you say it's utter nonsense? This negative pish continues to rain down from the stands. I thought it would take a while for the boos to ring out this season. One and a half home games in and it's back. It's grinding stuff.
Sitting in the West Lower I heard no booing " shortly into the second half". The first booing I heard was about 10 mins from the end when Craig passed back to the keeper from the half way line. Why say the boos were ringing out when that was not the case? I would say the crowd sat more or less in silence while the game petered out and some let their frustration be known at the end.

Famous Fiver
23-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Horrendous mistakes.

Substitution(or lack of) at Ibrox and Tynecastle. Playing Heffernan instead of Cummings today. Making Craig captain. Telling Nelson he won't get a game and to find another club then having to ask him to play in the Derby Persisting to pick Harris. Telling the press how much the club has improved. Need I go on?

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Sitting in the West Lower I heard no booing " shortly into the second half". The first booing I heard was about 10 mins from the end when Craig passed back to the keeper from the half way line. Why say the boos were ringing out when that was not the case?.

Because thats when he first heard them, id imagine. I heard them about the same time.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 09:47 PM

Our away form has hardly been outstanding in the last few years either.

Northernhibee
23-08-2014, 09:50 PM

You are 100% bang on - tried pointing this out before again but got the same reaction you're getting now.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Because thats when he first heard them, id imagine. I heard them about the same time.

Correct. I'm not quite sure why I'm being questioned. I've no reason to make this up.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 09:51 PM

But not that many fans bothered to make the effort up to Dingwall at the end of the season to support the team. :wink: :greengrin

What a performance the players put in that night, that much most of them collapsed to the pitch at FT.

Another 'hard luck story' that night with missed chances. Nothing's changed (except the division we are in :greengrin)

Famous Fiver
23-08-2014, 09:51 PM
I booed when Craig passed back to the goalie with 10 minutes to go. I've been following Hibs since 1953 ad it's the first time I've booed - EVER. That's how bad I think Hibs are at the moment.

tamig
23-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Sitting in the West Lower I heard no booing " shortly into the second half". The first booing I heard was about 10 mins from the end when Craig passed back to the keeper from the half way line. Why say the boos were ringing out when that was not the case? I would say the crowd sat more or less in silence while the game petered out and some let their frustration be known at the end.

But they were. I sit in the FF lower. The booing was going from just after half-time. There were a lot of folk round about me commenting on it. It happened. Just because you couldnt hear it in the West doesnt mean it didnt happen. I sat in the West for a few games two seasons ago and you could hardly hear the noise from the East. You can hear it very clearly from the east side of the FF.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Exactly, you can't see it so you back out. I'm not saying fans should never voice their disapproval. The problem I have is that a section of our home fans get on the team's back after one poor performance and this is detrimental to our long-term prospects.

Yep, you got me.

I'm backing out because of your superior debating skills and nothing to do with the over the top, drama queen language you throw into posts.

emerald green
23-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Why should they be displaying the same negative behaviour though? Last season and the seasons before are gone. Let it lie. It's a new regime now - just three league games in. Let's back them for a change. Some folk really need to let go of the past. Does my head in.

I'm not sure if that's aimed at me in particular or not, but I've been backing Hibs for more years than I care to remember since being taken to watch Hibs by my late father and uncle.

I've only once booed Hibs off the park. That was after the capitulation after the Hamilton Accies play-off and it broke my heart. Is that OK?

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not the fans fault the club is in the mess it's in. There are far more important things facing the club than a few fans booing. That's just a distraction from much more serious problems.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 09:59 PM
But they were. I sit in the FF lower. The booing was going from just after half-time. There were a lot of folk round about me commenting on it. It happened. Just because you couldnt hear it in the West doesnt mean it didnt happen. I sat in the West for a few games two seasons ago and you could hardly hear the noise from the East. You can hear it very clearly from the east side of the FF.

You quoted on the Liam Craig thread that you heard clear boos from when Craig first got the ball. Now you are saying it was at the start of the second half. Which was it?

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2014, 10:00 PM

So a section of the crowd in the East booed?

whiskyhibby
23-08-2014, 10:01 PM

I was sat in the west and couldn't hear anything.......I guess it was maybe one or two or a figment of imagination.....

tamig
23-08-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure if that's aimed at me in particular or not, but I've been backing Hibs for more years than I care to remember since being taken to watch Hibs by my late father and uncle.

I've only once booed Hibs off the park. That was after the capitulation after the Hamilton Accies play-off and it broke my heart. Is that OK?

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not the fans fault the club is in the mess it's in. There are far more important things facing the club than a few fans booing. That's just a distraction from much more serious problems.

It was aimed at your last para when you appeared to be justifying the current booing as an outpouring of frustration at previous years failings. I said that shouldnt be the case and we should be backing the new management. That's all. I wasn't happy after the Hamilton game either as it happens. By far the worst of the three relegations I've experienced.

eastterrace
23-08-2014, 10:09 PM
your right mate , twat in west lower away end ( not mr angry ) this guy slated them from the very start , wish he would just flip of maybe support hearts cause he aint supporting hibs. bye the way if you recognize your self calm down as you will bust a blood vessel and have a heart attack its only a game . also cut down on the bevvy

tamig
23-08-2014, 10:15 PM
You quoted on the Liam Craig thread that you heard clear boos from when Craig first got the ball. Now you are saying it was at the start of the second half. Which was it?

Ah youre back. Think youre maybe misinterpreting things a bit. You said way back in the Craig thread that folk were on his back after he'd made a mistake. I said he was getting booed when he first got the ball, i.e., when he received the ball - not when he had released it or given it away. I didnt mean when he received the ball for the very first time in the game. That ok for you now and cleared it up?

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Ah youre back. Think youre maybe misinterpreting things a bit. You said way back in the Craig thread that folk were on his back after he'd made a mistake. I said he was getting booed when he first got the ball, i.e., when he received the ball - not when he had released it or given it away. I didnt mean when he received the ball for the very first time in the game. That ok for you now and cleared it up?

Never been away :)

Makes a bit more sense however at no time did I say folk were on his back as I never heard it at all until later on in the game when he passed it back to the goalie from the half way line

tamig
23-08-2014, 10:20 PM
So a section of the crowd in the East booed?

What point are you trying to make here? The bulk of the booing I heard came from the East. And it was a lot. Do you still think I'm making this up just because you never heard anything when I and quite a few other posters on this thread did? Accept it. It really did happen.

tamig
23-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Never been away :)

Makes a bit more sense however at no time did I say folk were on his back as I never heard it at all until later on in the game when he passed it back to the goalie from the half way line
Sorry. What you said was should we applaud him every time he makes a mistake. I was saying the booing wasn't happening after he'd made a mistake - it was whenever he received or got on the ball. I think you know what I mean now though. Hopefully :-)

Phil MaGlass
23-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Dont know what the problem is, apart from not getting a couple more players in, its a long season and I believe we will win in the playoffs and the yams will stay down.

NOLA
23-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Dont know what the problem is, apart from not getting a couple more players in, its a long season and I believe we will win in the playoffs and the yams will stay down.
yes its a long season but you have clearly been on the jungle juice mi compadre

emerald green
23-08-2014, 10:45 PM

Yep, that's what it's looking like right enough Phil. :bevvied!:

The Crippler
23-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Talking of booing, I don't remember it being like it is now at Easter Rd until maybe the Yogi or Collins era, previously it was reserved for booing the opposition which seemed to work a treat when Didier Agathe or Dave McPherson were getting an earful and it would have an affect on them. There were occasions of frustration such as the slow handclap during Alex Miller's dullest games or the "Oli, Oli, Get tae funk" chants when Gottskalksson was at his worst but I've never understood booing your own team, it achieves nothing other than helping the opposition. I know this is an old-fashioned outlook but just my tuppence-worth, I guess we all have our own ways of venting frustration. I'm also a silent seether as someone previously said!

yankyhibby
23-08-2014, 11:03 PM

Hear hear to the bit in bold!:agree:

eastterrace
23-08-2014, 11:06 PM
cant wait till lewis is back in the team then its onwards and upwards we miss his goals and defence splitting passes.

Frogga
23-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Yep, you got me.

I'm backing out because of your superior debating skills and nothing to do with the over the top, drama queen language you throw into posts.

To be honest you haven't demonstrated any debating skills. Calling my posts 'embarassing' and 'drama queen' does nothing to convince me that I am wrong.

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 01:23 AM
Right guys you win I'm the OP, if we get beat on Tuesday night, I'll join in. I shall boo wholeheartedly I will give it my all. Then hopefully the players will take a long hard look at themselves, give each other a damned good thrashing and win six nil next week. Next time I'm at the pictures and I think it's a bad film, I'll just give it a damned good booing near the end and next time they'll sign up a decent actor. Justification for this will be I'm a Hibby And I've been paying to get into this picture house since 1964 so I'm entitled to do it. By the way at no time did I say it was the supporters fault I only said that it doesn't help. To the guy who said it was a p1sh thread "you took the time to reply" nuff said. If I replied to every thread on here that I thought p1sh I'd have a bad case of RSI by now. This will most probably be my last post because in all honesty I have supported Hibs since being lifted over the turnstiles in 64 or getting in free at half time when you couldn't get a lift. This was long before social media came along, when a ten year old listened to older wiser sages guys who'd been coming since before the war, guys who knew football good and bad and thought that Boo was something a ghost said. I leave this forum in your capable hands lads, I'll be there Tuesday night the old guy,West Stand with the cowboy hat and walking stick, win loose or draw because that's what we do.

Cheers
Peter MacKinnon
in deepest darkest Blackford

:tee hee: This made me chuckle.

macd123
24-08-2014, 03:30 AM
Cmon guys lets boo our boys to victory on Tuesday.

Brizo
24-08-2014, 06:20 AM
Talking of booing, I don't remember it being like it is now at Easter Rd until maybe the Yogi or Collins era, previously it was reserved for booing the opposition which seemed to work a treat when Didier Agathe or Dave McPherson were getting an earful and it would have an affect on them. There were occasions of frustration such as the slow handclap during Alex Miller's dullest games or the "Oli, Oli, Get tae funk" chants when Gottskalksson was at his worst but I've never understood booing your own team, it achieves nothing other than helping the opposition. I know this is an old-fashioned outlook but just my tuppence-worth, I guess we all have our own ways of venting frustration. I'm also a silent seether as someone previously said!

That's not my recollection of the Miller era. I remember Brian Hamilton and Joe Tortolano being slaughtered every home game. Sometimes the booing of them started when their names were announced in the line up before ko. In earlier times Benny Brazil got the same treatment. Good thing in those days was you could walk away and stand elsewhere if you were beside people who were too negative.

Yesterday I was sitting in front of some young lads in their twenties who shouted negative p@sh for most of the game. Luckily im a pay as you go customer so will steer clear of them next game but if I was a ST holder:brickwall

Borderhibbie76
24-08-2014, 08:48 AM
From the FF stand yest I heard no booing at all until around the 70th min amd the booing was because we were pedestrian and yeah maybe keeping possession but going absolutely no where with it. We were losing at HT but got cheered off due to a decent performance, the 2nd half we were prettt woeful imo and deserved the boos at FT. FFS as a support we have been dragged from one catastrophe to another over the last 3 or 4 years is it any wonder that there is not a lot of patience around? And LD sees fit to charge us SPL prices for the "pleasure" of watching this??

The Gorf
24-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Absolute pish. I have watched Hibs for 50 years and can't imagine how much I have paid out to see excellent/mediocre and now pish poor football. If they are crap and don't give a ---- then why shouldn't they be boo'd?
Sorry, but I think a lot of the "boo boys" have just had enough and they just recognise poor play when they see it. There will be a lot of "passed" players who will be spinning in their graves right now.

jacomo
24-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Absolute pish. I have watched Hibs for 50 years and can't imagine how much I have paid out to see excellent/mediocre and now pish poor football. If they are crap and don't give a ---- then why shouldn't they be boo'd?
Sorry, but I think a lot of the "boo boys" have just had enough and they just recognise poor play when they see it. There will be a lot of "passed" players who will be spinning in their graves right now.

And a lot of boo boys wouldn't know decent football if it began with a pass from Xavi and ended with a slalom from Messi.

Northernhibee
24-08-2014, 09:53 AM

Why does knocking the players down help when they visibly need a lift?

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2014, 10:00 AM
And a lot of boo boys wouldn't know decent football if it began with a pass from Xavi and ended with a slalom from Messi.Indeed, the cries of ''get into him'' when our defenders are backing off and waiting for the right time to challenge proves this.

silverhibee
24-08-2014, 10:30 AM
That's not my recollection of the Miller era. I remember Brian Hamilton and Joe Tortolano being slaughtered every home game. Sometimes the booing of them started when their names were announced in the line up before ko. In earlier times Benny Brazil got the same treatment. Good thing in those days was you could walk away and stand elsewhere if you were beside people who were too negative.

Yesterday I was sitting in front of some young lads in their twenties who shouted negative p@sh for most of the game. Luckily im a pay as you go customer so will steer clear of them next game but if I was a ST holder:brickwall

And in this day you can get out your seat and go sit elsewhere in our half empty stadium.

Hermit Crab
24-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Sniff sniff on this thread that's for sure.

Steve-O
24-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Indeed, the cries of ''get into him'' when our defenders are backing off and waiting for the right time to challenge proves this.

Or one I heard of "come on Forster, take them on!!" when he's got the ball in Hibs half with nobody near him.

Or "GET HIM OFF!!!!" after one mistake from Harris.

Jonnyboy
24-08-2014, 06:56 PM
cant wait till lewis is back in the team then its onwards and upwards we miss his goals and defence splitting passes.

Christ, even when he's not playing he gets ridiculed

Carheenlea
24-08-2014, 07:32 PM
I was in Dublin the other week and went on the stadium tour of Croke Park, and mighty impressive it was too. I`ve been on a tour of the old Wembley as well, and on both, as you walked up the tunnel to the park there was loud piped audio of cheering fans to give you a taste of what the players hear as they make their way through the tunnel ready for the big match. I`ve never been on the Easter Road tour, and I wonder if instead of cheering audio in the tunnel, we have a recording of a loud crescendo of booing to recreate the big-match atmosphere at the Holy Ground...

J-C
24-08-2014, 07:40 PM

We also miss his drive, enthusiasm, directness, tackling, positioning, professionalism etc etc

Swedish hibee
24-08-2014, 08:16 PM

I agree completely. I brought some friends from Sweden to ER and was completely embarrassed. This type of Hibs 'support' doesn't happen in Sweden and (like me) they couldn't understand it either.

Northernhibee
24-08-2014, 09:18 PM
I agree completely. I brought some friends from Sweden to ER and was completely embarrassed. This type of Hibs 'support' doesn't happen in Sweden and (like me) they couldn't understand it either.

There has to be a moment where people stop hiding from the reality that this is the case. When the players need a lift they receive heckling and booing. We can influence the game either way.

silverhibee
24-08-2014, 09:23 PM
There has to be a moment where people stop hiding from the reality that this is the case. When the players need a lift they receive heckling and booing. We can influence the game either way.

Nonsense.

Were you at the game yesterday.?

Northernhibee
24-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Nonsense.

Were you at the game yesterday.?

Yes I was. Taking train travel, ticket, and a bite to eat before heading up the road it cost around £90-100 for me to do so.

Good to see you have nothing else to add but "Nonsense". About your level of debate.

Amit
24-08-2014, 10:04 PM
No mention of the majority of fans getting behind the players for most of the game.

There will always be people moaning at players they don't like or think they are not good enough but that's the individual(s) opinion.

If you think the minority of the Hibs support are affecting the players during the game with negative shouts then shout some encouragement at the same time to drown it out or at least offset it.

I can understand the boos after the game due to the nature of the result and second half performance which came across as clueless and defeatist.

silverhibee
24-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Yes I was. Taking train travel, ticket, and a bite to eat before heading up the road it cost around £90-100 for me to do so.

Good to see you have nothing else to add but "Nonsense". About your level of debate.

So tell me when did this heckling and booing of the players start, i must have missed that, the players were clapped of at half time, and from where i was standing when Falkirk scored the fans around me rallied round and gave the team encouragement, so yeah your talking nonsense okay.

We could always meet up for a friendly debate the next time you are at a game. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2014, 10:24 AM
How many more away games have we won since this booing phenomenon took off? :confused:

J-C
25-08-2014, 10:39 AM
So tell me when did this heckling and booing of the players start, i must have missed that, the players were clapped of at half time, and from where i was standing when Falkirk scored the fans around me rallied round and gave the team encouragement, so yeah your talking nonsense okay.

We could always meet up for a friendly debate the next time you are at a game. :aok:

I'm with you SH, I heard zero booing anywhere until the final whistle when they were entitled to boo after such an abject 2nd half. As you said, they were clapped off at half time and got plenty of encouragement but people around me started to get a wee bit peeved around the 75 min mark when it was obvious that what was on the pitch wasn't working and a system change was needed.

Borderhibbie76
25-08-2014, 10:41 AM

Silver ur spot on with this, I was both surprised and delighted with the fans backing both after the Falkirk goal and at HT. The booing began about 75 mins when the team appeared clueless and were passing backwards with no pace or urgency. FFS to people forget what we as a support have gone thru this last few years? Supporting Hibs is no fun right now and it's a miracle we r still averaging over 9k. The players deserved the boos at FT make no bones about that and if the poor wee souls can't hack the pressure of playing at Hibs with the expectations that we should not be losing games to the likes of Falkirk at home....theres the door!!

Sammy7nil
25-08-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree booing during the game does not help and should imho never happen (unless you are thrashed 7 - 0 at home :wink: Hearts and Hibs take note)

However if the players cannot handle a bit of booing at the end of the game when thay have clearly failed to deliver perhaps thay are in the wrong job. Praise and abuse will always happen in football the players need to grow a pair man up and get on with it. Only the players can change this cycle. Yes supporters can help but we can't do their JOB. Until the players create and score regularly this cycle of abuse will continue with an ever dwindling support some of which will be lost forever.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2014, 11:50 AM
The fans aren't to blame for all the woes at Easter Road. Of course not, but we do have a part to play.

We affect the game only around the margins, but surely we all agree it would be better if those margins were affected positively?

The margins are important. Games are won in the margins. Top players get multi-million pound contracts because they are marginally better then their peers. Marginal refereeing decisions in your favour can give you glory. If they go against you, defeat.

In my opinion, our players are afraid to try things because they're afraid to make mistakes, and some responsibility for that lies with the people who scream abuse. I'm not referring to the booing at the end after a defeat, that's just a general expression of disappointment and frustration, it's the personal attacks on individual players during the game.

I've heard fans shouting GTF/get off/you're shiete etc at individual players as early as the first minute.

I've even heard Hibs players booed as they entered the field of play. Now that really was embarrassing and hateful. And very harmful.

Some people seem to be waiting for certain players to make a mistake (or do something they disagree with) so they can selfishly vent their spleen. And it is selfish.

When someone puts on a Hibs shirt, I want them to succeed in the game, regardless if I think they're a superstar or a has-been journeyman.

The only way I can help him do so, is to offer positive encouragement for the entire 90 minutes.

If I stay quiet, then I have no effect, but if I scream abuse, I am most certainly damaging his chances of success.

We can only control our own behaviour. That's the only choice we have.

"Hard lines, (enter player's name), keep going, son" or "Get tae fluck (enter player's name), you're shiete."

If I was on the receiving end of those two messages, I know which one would make me feel supported and I know which one would suppress me. Neither of them are neutral.

Imagine if, instead of giving praise and encouragement to a toddler trying to walk, they were subjected to criticism and anger everytime they fell over. The wee thing would still be crawling into its teens! You may not like that analogy, but the general truth is, praise helps, constructive feedback helps, but criticism hinders. Abuse destroys.

In my opinion, there can never be any justification for abusing individual Hibs players. No matter how shiete you may think they are.

Sorry for such a long winded and unstructured post.

Golden Bear
25-08-2014, 12:07 PM
The fans aren't to blame for all the woes at Easter Road. Of course not, but we do have a part to play.

We affect the game only around the margins, but surely we all agree it would be better if those margins were affected positively?

The margins are important. Games are won in the margins. Top players get multi-million pound contracts because they are marginally better then their peers. Marginal refereeing decisions in your favour can give you glory. If they go against you, defeat.

In my opinion, our players are afraid to try things because they're afraid to make mistakes, and some responsibility for that lies with the people who scream abuse. I'm not referring to the booing at the end after a defeat, that's just a general expression of disappointment and frustration, it's the personal attacks on individual players during the game.

I've heard fans shouting GTF/get off/you're shiete etc at individual players as early as the first minute.

I've even heard Hibs players booed as they entered the field of play. Now that really was embarrassing and hateful. And very harmful.

Some people seem to be waiting for certain players to make a mistake (or do something they disagree with) so they can selfishly vent their spleen. And it is selfish.

When someone puts on a Hibs shirt, I want them to succeed in the game, regardless if I think they're a superstar or a has-been journeyman.

The only way I can help him do so, is to offer positive encouragement for the entire 90 minutes.

If I stay quiet, then I have no effect, but if I scream abuse, I am most certainly damaging his chances of success.

"Hard lines, (enter player's name), keep going, son" or "Get tae fluck (enter player's name), you're shiete."

If I was on the receiving end of those two messages, I know which one would make me feel supported and I know which one would suppress me. Neither of them are neutral.

Imagine if, instead of giving praise and encouragement to a toddler trying to walk, they were subjected to criticism and anger everytime they fell over. The wee thing would still be crawling into its teens! You may not like that analogy, but the general truth is, praise helps, constructive feedback helps, but criticism hinders. Abuse destroys.

In my opinion, there can never be any justification for abusing individual Hibs players. No matter how shiete you may think they are.

That's a cracking post Mr Radge and sums up my feelings perfectly. I suffered in silence on Saturday as it became increasingly obvious that we were struggling to equalise never mind go on to win the game. Yes I may have shouted occasionally in frustration but I will always stop short of shouting personal abuse at the players.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2014, 12:30 PM

:top marks Nothing to add. :agree:

lapsedhibee
25-08-2014, 01:23 PM

The sadness of this post is that it needed to be made at all. It's all so ******** obviously true. But you'll have annoyed the "I've paid my money so I'm entitled to inflict my mental health problems on everyone else within earshot" brigade.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2014, 01:27 PM

Great post. Has shamed me into staying away.

Keith_M
25-08-2014, 01:37 PM
When Jackie MacNamara arrived at Hibs in a part-swap deal for Pat Stanton, he was given dogs abuse for the first few months by the (in)famous North-Standites.

That was over thirty years ago, so not much has changed.

Scottie
25-08-2014, 01:40 PM

Excellent post HR. :top marks

Northernhibee
25-08-2014, 06:27 PM

About 65 minutes in or so. Any pass back the way was greeted with groans and disbelief.

I don't need to debate this - I'm right. Maybe people who can afford to go more often have come accustomed to it but it just takes five games or so including the cost of travel for me to take up the cost of a season ticket - it's really, really clear as day.

Northernhibee
25-08-2014, 06:27 PM

100% - absolutely spot on.

silverhibee
25-08-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm with you SH, I heard zero booing anywhere until the final whistle when they were entitled to boo after such an abject 2nd half. As you said, they were clapped off at half time and got plenty of encouragement but people around me started to get a wee bit peeved around the 75 min mark when it was obvious that what was on the pitch wasn't working and a system change was needed.

Yeah that's how i heard/seen things JC.

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 10:24 PM
About 65 minutes in or so. Any pass back the way was greeted with groans and disbelief.

I don't need to debate this - I'm right. Maybe people who can afford to go more often have come accustomed to it but it just takes five games or so including the cost of travel for me to take up the cost of a season ticket - it's really, really clear as day.

Your wrong, as was proved again tonight.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Great post from Radge.

Hibbyradge
26-08-2014, 10:40 PM

You can't really prove there was no booing on Saturday because of what happened tonight, but I will say, the fans were extremely patient and supportive.

Very impressive given the circumstances.

The_Horde
26-08-2014, 11:32 PM

Silv, second half on Saturday we passed the ball back to the keeper to get it recycled and everyone started booing. From then on the players didn't want the ball.

silverhibee
26-08-2014, 11:45 PM
;4143440']Silv, second half on Saturday we passed the ball back to the keeper to get it recycled and everyone started booing. From then on the players didn't want the ball.

That was in the 75th minute, someone was making out that it started in the first minute. :wink: :greengrin

Heckling and burn the witch were heard early doors. :greengrin

greenlex
27-08-2014, 02:33 AM
There wee a few boos at half time that were quickly drowned out by the clapping last night.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-08-2014, 02:49 AM

This. :agree:

Northernhibee
27-08-2014, 05:28 AM

So in the game we DIDN'T get on the players backs, they make an epic comeback? Sounds like I'm right.

yankyhibby
27-08-2014, 06:29 AM

Wonderful post that echoes my own thoughts.:top marks

matty_f
27-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Hibbyradge's post is a fantastic summary of the reality of how a crowd can influence an individual (or group's) performance.

Giving the team the freedom to try something and it not come off, without laying into them for trying, is a huge step towards getting players to take responsibility and not just take the safe option all the time. If we want Alex Harris to be flying past people again, then we're going to have to accept that when he tries it the first time and it doesn't come off, we can't hammer him for it. We need to give encouragement that to go again, and again, and again. If we don't, then every time he gets the ball, he'll be looking to move it on. It's not rocket science.

Matty_Jack04
27-08-2014, 07:41 AM

Great post! :top marks A lot of people I know are staying away due to this and it's a main reason for my picking and choosing games...which in all honestly are growing further and further apart

TowerHibs
27-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Stubbs has said as much in last night's interview on YouTube. Fans got behind the players last night where as before (he was talking about Saturday) when certain players were getting abuse before they got the ball. This made them take the safe option of a sideways pass rather than looking to make something happen.

We play a major part in games, we need to start making that major part a positive thing

#2 Double Tap
27-08-2014, 07:52 AM

somtimes abuse inspires.....like makes people want to prove you wrong.....incites anger which makes you try harder.....i have seen it happen.....it can be a driving force.......depends what type of person you are imo
for me its all down to winners, leaders and thriving under pressure.

lapsedhibee
27-08-2014, 07:54 AM
somtimes abuse inspires.....like makes people want to prove you wrong.....incites anger which makes you try harder.....i have seen it happen.....it can be a driving force.......depends what type of person you are imo

**** off and learn to write in sentences.

allezsauzee
27-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Not a great crowd last night but the fans that were there gave tremendous backing to the team. Got behind them even at 0-2

greenginger
27-08-2014, 08:12 AM
People of a certain age will remember the that in the 60's / 70's we could go in two down at half time and their would be no booing because everyone knew the second half would be different once we got them Down the Slope.

The slope was'nt that massive an advantage, it was all a confidence thing, the fans fed it to the team and the team usually responded.

Big difference last night was the loudest " abuser " at Easter Road was'nt there last night. Sits about 4 rows behind me in the lower west and would have been at highest decibel level in the second half and the come-back would have been put in jepardy.

To be fair to the guy though , he is non-discrimintry, he " abuses " everyone , our players, opposition, refs, linesmen, managers even the Easter Road seagulls ! :greengrin

If you post on here pal , try giving our players a break.

Lucius Apuleius
27-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Is calling the players keech not the same as what Butcher did? His man management was brought into question and was also said that this was the reason players stopped playing for him yet it seems ok for us to abuse them? Never in my life have I felt the need to boo another man when he is doing his job.

Keith_M
27-08-2014, 08:33 AM

**** off and learn to write in sentences.

That was the perfect, and by his own words helpful, retort.

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2014, 08:47 AM
That was the perfect, and by his own words helpful, retort.

:thumbsup:

:faf::faf::faf: :greengrin

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 10:18 AM
So in the game we DIDN'T get on the players backs, they make an epic comeback? Sounds like I'm right.

Were you at the game to no this.

Northernhibee
27-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Were you at the game to no this.

You've still not answered how knocking our players when they need a lift in a game works.

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 11:09 PM

You've still not answered how knocking our players when they need a lift in a game works.

Take it the answer is no then, so let me see you were there at the game at the weekend and the fans were having a go at the players according to you, but nothing on Tuesday night when you weren't there, it's you heckling and booing the players isn't it, just admit it you know it was you, shameful.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Allan Stubbs having a wee dig at the boo boys in his post match interview :greengrin

silverhibee
28-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Allan Stubbs having a wee dig at the boo boys in his post match interview :greengrin

Did he have a wee dig at the players as well, only fair.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2014, 09:54 AM
I boo'd the team off at half time in the semi final against Falkirk, you can all thank me later. :wink:

Northernhibee
28-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Take it the answer is no then, so let me see you were there at the game at the weekend and the fans were having a go at the players according to you, but nothing on Tuesday night when you weren't there, it's you heckling and booing the players isn't it, just admit it you know it was you, shameful.

You never have anything constructive to add, do you?