PDA

View Full Version : Reply to Leeann Dempster/Hibernian's Abject Reaction to Relegation

One Day Soon
23-08-2014, 04:11 PM
1. Leeann, I gather you are looking for fan input. Well here is the input that matters. Sign the players we need to make a serious title challenge. Once you have done that, then we can talk. Anything else is just meaningless window dressing pi5h. We know that and you know that. We've been made mugs of by your employers for several years now and so I'm afraid we are well acquainted with the script. So, first action on your part - then we can talk.

2. Hibernian owners and management, you will be aware we were relegated last season. You're reaction in respect of any serious determination to come straight back up has been at best directionless and at worst non-existent. I cannot see any tangible evidence whatsoever that you genuinely are trying to bring us back to the SPL at first time of asking. It feels like we have an absentee landlord and a disinterested accountant stewarding our club.

The badge, the shares and the title deeds betoken legal ownership of the club, but the spirit of the club lies with the fans and the Hibernian community. I say to you with a heavy heart that you are killing this club with indifference. Most of us bleed green as Hibs supporters. Do any of you?

blindsummit
23-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Well said. :agree:

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Aye Leanne cut the penny pinching and get the cheque book out this week otherwise we can forget promotion!

Viva_Palmeiras
23-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Does she pick up Hibs.net then or has this been emailed to her or are we seeing the dreaded open letter?

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 04:17 PM
We are just as bad as under Butcher.

Ants
23-08-2014, 04:18 PM
:aok:

neil7908
23-08-2014, 04:18 PM

You could even argue were worse given the difference in opposition were facing in this division compared to last year...

The Gorf
23-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi Leeann, no doubt the tache will have a grin on his smug puss.

jamesjamieson
23-08-2014, 04:53 PM
1. Leeann, I gather you are looking for fan input. Well here is the input that matters. Sign the players we need to make a serious title challenge. Once you have done that, then we can talk. Anything else is just meaningless window dressing pi5h. We know that and you know that. We've been made mugs of by your employers for several years now and so I'm afraid we are well acquainted with the script. So, first action on your part - then we can talk.

2. Hibernian owners and management, you will be aware we were relegated last season. You're reaction in respect of any serious determination to come straight back up has been at best directionless and at worst non-existent. I cannot see any tangible evidence whatsoever that you genuinely are trying to bring us back to the SPL at first time of asking. It feels like we have an absentee landlord and a disinterested accountant stewarding our club.

The badge, the shares and the title deeds betoken legal ownership of the club, but the spirit of the club lies with the fans and the Hibernian community. I say to you with a heavy heart that you are killing this club with indifference. Most of us bleed green as Hibs supporters. Do any of you?

:top marks

Hibeewilly
23-08-2014, 04:58 PM

Bang on. Our club is a laughing stock at the moment and the board couldnt give a ****. Piss off the lot of you!!!!!!!

Aldo
23-08-2014, 04:59 PM
I really do think that we cannot expect anything from the club in respect of ambition etc whilst STF and RP have anything to do with the club.

Early doors yes but other teams have set their stall out early with squads that teams that'll show fight and have goals in them. We need investment and a board that show some ambition.

Talk is cheap Leanne and you stated before the season started that the clubs aim is to get promotion at the first attempt. At this moment in time I beg to differ.

We are at least 3 quality signings away from a decent team. Plain and simple

Ringothedog
23-08-2014, 05:00 PM
We are worse, that was as gutless and clueless a performance that I have seen for a long while, and don't forget we lost again to one of our main rivals. How about we do some coaching at east mains rather than effing ice bucket challenges.

tamig
23-08-2014, 05:01 PM

Aye right then.

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 05:01 PM

Fantastic post. The board are the problem plain and simple. Why?... Because they appointed the clowns that's dragged us down here and are still paying them off. Yeah the financial genius the is uncle Rod has blown thousands and I mean thousands of pounds hiring then having to fire them.

He's ****ed us up well and truly and if we don't sign a proven striker we are ****ed again.

lord bunberry
23-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Relax the season ticket money was kept the same so we could win the league, the big signings are on there way. Apparently.

MrSmith
23-08-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm done! Said I'd wait see how the club would react in terms of ambition and drive to get us back up but done exactly what I thought, nothing! Ain't getting no season ticket money from me nor will I step foot in ER for the foreseeable! Appalling!

Hiber-nation
23-08-2014, 05:06 PM
We are worse, that was as gutless and clueless a performance that I have seen for a long while, and don't forget we lost again to one of our main rivals. How about we do some coaching at east mains rather than effing ice bucket challenges.

Take it you missed the 1st half then.

Agree with the op though.

Aldo
23-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Fantastic post. The board are the problem plain and simple. Why?... Because they appointed the clowns that's dragged us down here and are still paying them off. Yeah the financial genius the is uncle Rod has blown thousands and I mean thousands of pounds hiring then having to fire them. He's ****ed us up well and truly and if we don't sign a proven striker we are ****ed again.

Agreed.

We will never get out of this league on words alone. Unless we signing at least 3 quality players by a week on Monday we will struggle to make top 4.

I do expect signings this week but who..... Griffiths, McFadden??? Don't think so loanees I would expect and young lads at that.

A goalscorer to help Farid a creative MF type player and a CH is the minimum we need IMHO

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Does she pick up Hibs.net then or has this been emailed to her or are we seeing the dreaded open letter?

She/club have an account with hibs.net, she should try activating it every now and then to see what Hibs fans are thinking.

ackeygraham
23-08-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm done! Said I'd wait see how the club would react in terms of ambition and drive to get us back up but done exactly what I thought, nothing! Ain't getting no season ticket money from me nor will I step foot in ER for the foreseeable! Appalling!
I just got mines yesterday, wish I hadn't bothered.

Ringothedog
23-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Take it you missed the 1st half then.

Agree with the op though.

Is that the first half we lost one nil ? Their keeper made one save in the first half. For me that is not good enough. This team will be very lucky to get near the playoffs. Time for you take off the green tinted glasses

Hibeewilly
23-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Calm doon.
Hearts fans will be laughing at us for sure, Falkirk too maybe but others would rather walk in our shoes.
Your remark about the board is bang out of order as you don't know what any of them feel.
My comment re the Board refers to lack of investment in players. I have no idea how they feel but they wont be losing as much sleep as me thats for ****in sure!!

Jim44
23-08-2014, 05:29 PM
There is not the remotest chance of our present losers getting anywhere near the playoffs. With a bit of luck ( well we don't have ability or ambition ), we might escape relegation.

IWasThere2016
23-08-2014, 05:35 PM

Fantastic post. The board are the problem plain and simple. Why?... Because they appointed the clowns that's dragged us down here and are still paying them off. Yeah the financial genius the is uncle Rod has blown thousands and I mean thousands of pounds hiring then having to fire them.

He's ****ed us up well and truly and if we don't sign a proven striker we are ****ed again.

:top marks both

Dalkeith Hibee
23-08-2014, 05:41 PM
I thought we were getting told that things were going to change for the better at this club? Ive said all along that we are short of at least 4 players, possibly more and the last 2 results show that. Butcher should have been sacked the day after relegation and Stubbs then appointed sooner. They need to give this man more freedom and money to strengthen. 2 or 3 injuries and we are ****ed. Guys like Craig, Stevenson and Nelson shouldnt still be here either.

scuttle
23-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Aye Leanne cut the penny pinching and get the cheque book out this week otherwise we can forget promotion!

I fear its already too late BH 6 points off the pace and out a cup already its going to be a long season AGAIN !!!!

fleethibee
23-08-2014, 05:42 PM
My money now stays in my pocket. Hibs show ambition and I'll give you money but that's not going to happen

edwards
23-08-2014, 05:44 PM

You need to get to spec savers our football in the first half was pretty decent we never played football like that under Butcher

edwards
23-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Well Leeann if you were there today you must now realise that after all the chances that were created we still couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. It doesn't take a mathematician to work out what Alan needs we need to push the boat out to get him the tools he needs.

Get Alan a decent forward

emerald green
23-08-2014, 06:11 PM
There almost seems to be a tacit acceptance, by the board and the supporters, that the club are not going to be able to compete with the Rangers and HOMFC (never mind Falkirk, QOS FFS) for promotion.

I felt like there was an air of acceptance and resignation from the stands this afternoon of yet another thoroughly depressing, disappointing, and familiar performance at ER, i.e. lose an early goal from shambolic/poor defending of a high ball into the box from a corner and then unable to muster up a goal in reply. Just like under Butcher. I know AS has asked the fans to be patient, but Hibs could have played all night and not scored a goal.

The writing is very clearly on the wall now as Hibs already sit six points behind HOMFC in 8th position in this league. The squad as it stands at the moment is not good enough, and does not have the strength in depth, to win this league outright, and possibly not even a play-off place either IMHO. Some fans I've talked to reckon the club could be down for three seasons. If that happens, I really fear for the future of this club.

Greencore
23-08-2014, 06:21 PM

The badge, the shares and the title deeds betoken legal ownership of the club, but the spirit of the club lies with the fans and the Hibernian community. I say to you with a heavy heart that you are killing this club with indifference. Most of us bleed green as Hibs supporters. Do any of you?Can't argue with any of that. well said. :flag::flag:

franks
23-08-2014, 06:39 PM
I have a season ticket at Premier league prices and was prepared to watch a Premiership team playing in the Championship without complaint. But at the moment I am watching a mediocre Championship team at best. Plenty talk and little action. OK we have seriously upgraded the back room staff to compliment our fantastic infrastructure, guess what I felt depressed again at five to five.

Will be there myself on Tuesday as no one else i know can be bothered. Starting to lose it myself after years of suffering, how long till I stop going as well?

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2014, 06:44 PM
I have a season ticket at Premier league prices and was prepared to watch a Premiership team playing in the Championship without complaint. But at the moment I am watching a mediocre Championship team at best. Plenty talk and little action. OK we have seriously upgraded the back room staff to compliment our fantastic infrastructure, guess what I felt depressed again at five to five.

Will be there myself on Tuesday as no one else i know can be bothered. Starting to lose it myself after years of suffering, how long till I stop going as well?

Its like Ferrari entering a mini metro in the Belgian Grand Prix tomorrow, but all we need is a little patience i hear.

matty_f
23-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Our lack of incoming transfer activity has been a joke and it'll bite us on the arse big style. I genuinely didn't mind paying SPFL prices for my season ticket because I felt the team needed rebuild and I know the season ticket money is important to do that.

To have signed 3 players and a couple of loanees, is a farce and an utter insult to those of us stupid enough to dip into our pockets for season tickets.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Our lack of incoming transfer activity has been a joke and it'll bite us on the arse big style. I genuinely didn't mind paying SPFL prices for my season ticket because I felt the team needed rebuild and I know the season ticket money is important to do that.

To have signed 3 players and a couple of loanees, is a farce and an utter insult to those of us stupid enough to dip into our pockets for season tickets.

Spot on and I said as much on another thread.

If the club were really serious about promotion at the 1st time of asking then they have went about it in a very strange way indeed.

Nailrodders
23-08-2014, 06:53 PM
1. Leeann, I gather you are looking for fan input. Well here is the input that matters. Sign the players we need to make a serious title challenge...

Dear One Day Soon,

1. We haven't got any money.

2. I am responsible for the day-to-day running of the club. I do not have the authority to incur debt on behalf of the club without Board approval.

Signed,

Leeann

DaveF
23-08-2014, 07:01 PM

You should email that to Leeann as I hear she is looking for fans input. She would have read it directly from here but they can't be arsed responding to fans comments :rolleyes:

One Day
23-08-2014, 07:03 PM

Brilliant post

greenpaper55
23-08-2014, 07:03 PM
There almost seems to be a tacit acceptance, by the board and the supporters, that the club are not going to be able to compete with the Rangers and HOMFC (never mind Falkirk, QOS FFS) for promotion.

I felt like there was an air of acceptance and resignation from the stands this afternoon of yet another thoroughly depressing, disappointing, and familiar performance at ER, i.e. lose an early goal from shambolic/poor defending of a high ball into the box from a corner and then unable to muster up a goal in reply. Just like under Butcher. I know AS has asked the fans to be patient, but Hibs could have played all night and not scored a goal.

The writing is very clearly on the wall now as Hibs already sit six points behind HOMFC in 8th position in this league. The squad as it stands at the moment is not good enough, and does not have the strength in depth, to win this league outright, and possibly not even a play-off place either IMHO. Some fans I've talked to reckon the club could be down for three seasons. If that happens, I really fear for the future of this club.

Worry and lose as much sleep as the chairman, you will have a good nights sleep.

geohibby
23-08-2014, 07:05 PM
ive got a question, why are Hearts better than us?
they show some balls at least and get stuck in, even with there points deduction they still got in about it, im sick and tired of being the weaker team, the soft team, when are we going to show a pair and smash them and be proud to be a true hibee!!!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2014, 07:09 PM
i seriously think the club need to start offering Hospitality to away fans only, lord knows fans of every away team visiting ER nowadays have a right good wee day out at our expense and embarrassment....make them pay more for it :agree:

3 games in to the season and already 6 points and seven goals behind the gimps, thank god we have quality players on the way(coff) MUgged for £22 again

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 07:11 PM

Correct. Sick of hearing how we'll get a couple in before the window closes.

Why last minute? Again.

emerald green
23-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Worry and lose as much sleep as the chairman, you will have a good nights sleep.

:agree: He doesn't have the same feeling for the club as you or I mate, and therein lies much of what's wrong at this club.

I cannot see Hibs getting out of this downward spiral under STF & Petrie. A change of ownership and complete change of direction seems to be the only way out, and this is not a criticism of LD. I would prefer if she stayed under any new ownership, whatever that might be.

Greenblood70
23-08-2014, 07:16 PM
There's been an absolutely shameful lack of investment in the playing squad. This board are hanging a young, promising manager out to dry. This Hibs Board absolutely disgusts me, liars and cowardly cheats that's all they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
23-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Someone made a good point the other day that we will borrow money to build stands but not borrow to build a team, that sums up our chairman in a nutshell.

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2014, 07:19 PM
There's been an absolutely shameful lack of investment in the playing squad. This board are hanging a young, promising manager out to dry. This Hibs Board absolutely disgusts me, liars and cowardly cheats that's all they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i'l disagree :greengrin lots of money spent, unfortunately it's spent(as ever) on Quantity and not quality, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, give me 5 decent quality players on £3/4K/week, instead of 10 on £2k :agree:

TowerHibs
23-08-2014, 07:22 PM

defo trolling....utter nonsense

Christ, there was a good chunk of the first half where the whole stadium were applauding the football being played. If heff took the first chance would have easily won that game. Tension rose and players snatched at their chances. Yes not good enough...but to same gutless and clueless is extreme

worse than Butcher.....deary me

GoldenEagle
23-08-2014, 07:31 PM

Your 2nd paragraph sums it up for me today.

Has our club ever been so low?

Greenblood70
23-08-2014, 07:37 PM
i'l disagree :greengrin lots of money spent, unfortunately it's spent(as ever) on Quantity and not quality, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, give me 5 decent quality players on £3/4K/week, instead of 10 on £2k :agree:

You've disagreed with a point I didn't really make tho. There hasn't been a large quantity of players signed by this manager and neither has there been anywhere near as much money spent as we should have, taken from SPL priced season ticket packages.

hibbymick
23-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Relax the season ticket money was kept the same so we could win the league, the big signings are on there way. Apparently.

Who were the folk that brokered this deal :rolleyes:

ian omand
23-08-2014, 08:39 PM
I really do think that we cannot expect anything from the club in respect of ambition etc whilst STF and RP have anything to do with the club.

Early doors yes but other teams have set their stall out early with squads that teams that'll show fight and have goals in them. We need investment and a board that show some ambition.

Talk is cheap Leanne and you stated before the season started that the clubs aim is to get promotion at the first attempt. At this moment in time I beg to differ.

We are at least 3 quality signings away from a decent team. Plain and simple

You have to understand that since Farmer and then Petrie came in it was never about ambition or fulfilling our true position in Scottish football it was always about best return for least outlay, what other club would pay. 24k per year for 18 odd years for a ticket office when we have so much space in our stands please pass on to me why this is good business practice for the club because it escapes me.

ian omand
23-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Spot on and I said as much on another thread.

If the club were really serious about promotion at the 1st time of asking then they have went about it in a very strange way indeed.

It is not possible to be promoted from this league unless you knew the clubs you have to beat in order for this to take place.
LD has never been in this position before so god help her because farmer and Petrie won't
The poor girl is looking more and more like a sacrificial lamb to these bas@a#ds

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 09:02 PM

And just to think if ST holders hadn't agreed to not take a reduction in there ST for this season we wouldn't have signed anyone as the money wouldn't have been there, that £250k that she said we would lose if we paid back to fans asking for a small refund would never have been there.

And what happened to us having three players for each position in the team, was that just a load of pish, i could go on but don't want to upset anyone.

Tom Hart RIP
23-08-2014, 09:05 PM
I arrived at West Stand upper at 2.30 and noticed RP on his own standing at the entrance of the directors box looking out over the stadium.
He then took a seat on his own just staring at the pitch before David Forsyth joined him 5/10 mins later.
Presumably there was free drink and grub in the boardroom as were the Falkirk directors as well as guests.
This is the first time I have ever seen him do this. No idea why but I wondered if he was considering his position????

matty_f
23-08-2014, 09:07 PM
I arrived at West Stand upper at 2.30 and noticed RP on his own standing at the entrance of the directors box looking out over the stadium.
He then took a seat on his own just staring at the pitch before David Forsyth joined him 5/10 mins later.
Presumably there was free drink and grub in the boardroom as were the Falkirk directors as well as guests.
This is the first time I have ever seen him do this. No idea why but I wondered if he was considering his position????

Possibly was expecting a noisy fart and thought the PA system would be loud enough to disguise it , whereas if it slipped out while he was in with the Falkirk directors the noise would have been a giveaway and he wouldn't have been able to use "he who smelled it, dealt it" to shift the blame.

Ozyhibby
23-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Dempster will have lost the trust of the fans if there are no signings this week. The more quality less quantity line was all hers. If it turns out to have been a lie then it will be hard to take her at face value in future.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 09:08 PM
You should email that to Leeann as I hear she is looking for fans input. She would have read it directly from here but they can't be arsed responding to fans comments :rolleyes:

For a woman who said she wanted to communicate more with the fans, you would have never known it, FFS she hasn't even used her twitter account never mind hibs.net one for months.

And when are we going to start seeing all these kids in Hibs tops, easily implemented and will get done straight away. :dunno:

SneakersO'Toole
23-08-2014, 09:09 PM

Hopefully finalising his exit strategy from the club.

As for the rest of the board, for once it would be most appreciate and refreshing if you backed up what you said with some ACTION.

The priority is challenging for the league. Nothing else matters.

Yours,
A disgruntled fan

Phoenix
23-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Dear One Day Soon,

2. I am responsible for the day-to-day running of the club. I do not have the authority to incur debt on behalf of the club without Board approval.

Signed,

Leeann

I fear this is actually nearer the truth than we may think & unlikely to change any time soon!

Peevemor
23-08-2014, 09:24 PM
You have to understand that since Farmer and then Petrie came in it was never about ambition or fulfilling our true position in Scottish football it was always about best return for least outlay, what other club would pay. 24k per year for 18 odd years for a ticket office when we have so much space in our stands please pass on to me why this is good business practice for the club because it escapes me.

If getting the "best return" is all that STF & RP were interested in, then why didn't they just pocket the dosh when the old car park was sold? Why did they spend £5m on East Mains? Why did they rebuild the East stand?

I've noticed a few of your ill informed mega negative posts tonight though I can't be bothered responding to them all.
The ironic thing is you asking "when are you going to understand...", when you yourself appear to understand the square root of sod all.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 09:30 PM
If getting the "best return" is all that STF & RP were interested in, then why didn't they just pocket the dosh when the old car park was sold? Why did they spend £5m on East Mains? Why did they rebuild the East stand?

I've noticed a few of your ill informed mega negative posts tonight though I can't be bothered responding to them all.
The ironic thing is you asking "when are you going to understand...", when you yourself appear to understand the square root of sod all.

Good question.

joebakerforever
23-08-2014, 09:35 PM
When the ST renewal brochures were sent out in April, IIRC, it was intimated that every penny would be used for the Playing Budget.

I've since read that some are suggesting that not all the ST money is/will be used for the Playing Budget, and instead a significant chunk has been diverted into the compensation packages for the management staff & players whose contracts were terminated early or are currently on Gardening Leave.

If this is true, then those of us who renewed in April have been seriously misled.

Therefore in the interests of transparency, Ms Dempster should publicly clarify exactly what the 2014/15 ST monies have been spent on.

Joe6-2
23-08-2014, 09:47 PM

Totally agree, instead of encouraging fans to turn up, the club seems hell bent on scaring every fan from the place!

One Day Soon
23-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Dear One Day Soon,

Signed,

Leeann

Dear Leeann Substitute

Thanks for your email - here's my reply to your points.

a) We will have even less money next year if we fail to get out of this division because next year we will almost certainly not have The Rangers and Hearts with us in the Championship and failure to even seriously attempt to get promoted this year will drive hundreds if not thousands of our supporters away.
b) We have assets to borrow against and owners with money to spend should they choose to do so. We also have a supporter base willing to buy season or part season tickets should the club give them a reason to believe that it is serious about turning things around - for example by making significant signings.
c) The main issue here is the cost of additional wages week to week rather than transfer fees. Start asking supporters and those interested in transforming the club what they are prepared to do to offset the cost of the additional players we need.
d) A final thought - even in our supposed constrained financial circumstances can you explain why other clubs in our league have a bigger squad than ours? Where is the quality not quantity?

No, but you do have the authority to take proposals to incur debt to the Board for discussion. And you do have the rather powerful option of resigning or threatening to resign should the Board fail to back up the club's public words with action. And you well know that if you walk because the club is failing to back you up or failing in its purpose as a football club then the owners and remaining management will be left in a weak position with little alternative but to face the fans or leave. Perhaps that will be what it will need to come to.

The Harp Awakes
23-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Apart from the fans, does anyone associated with Hibernian care any more? It seems not based on the attitude and performance of our players today.

The last 15/20 minutes were a disgrace. No fight or desire. Sad times for Hibernian:rolleyes:

yankyhibby
23-08-2014, 11:10 PM

It's hard to disagree with any of this, sadly!

Deansy
23-08-2014, 11:12 PM

Not as if the money came from their own-pockets, though - East Mains/East Stand money was largely helped by selling our 'Golden Kids', Brown, Thomson, Fletcher etc and from the player-budget/. Petrie said that once the stadium was complete, all monies would be invested in the team. The stadium's been complete for some time now yet the standards have continued to deteriorate year-after-year ?. In almost every other area, investing in bricks & mortar is a sound, sensible decision. It's not in football - having a superb-stadium is pointless if, year-after-year, less and less people attend it.

Meanwhile we've continued to lose to Hearts and become famous for 'Last-minute signings' of 'free-signings' who've been gash.

Casper
23-08-2014, 11:50 PM
ive got a question, why are Hearts better than us?
they show some balls at least and get stuck in, even with there points deduction they still got in about it, im sick and tired of being the weaker team, the soft team, when are we going to show a pair and smash them and be proud to be a true hibee!!!!!!

Totally agree! Sick if being 2nd best to the ****bos!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djs69
24-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Why would the board agree to spending when so much talk of takeovers etc?
Has Stubbs got budget left and just being cautious or is there no budget left? Guessing no-one knows fir sure

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2014, 12:31 AM
For a woman who said she wanted to communicate more with the fans, you would have never known it, FFS she hasn't even used her twitter account never mind hibs.net one for months.

And when are we going to start seeing all these kids in Hibs tops, easily implemented and will get done straight away. :dunno:

More and more i'm beginning to think her initials stand for Lame duck.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2014, 12:36 AM

I'm surprised that you are surprised, this club have took the piss out of each and every one of us for years. I dont believe anything that comes out the club, new patsy or not.

gegs70
24-08-2014, 02:50 AM
In some ways it was possible the best I've seen hibs play for some time. But that said we looked vulnerable when Falkirk broke forward and we missed chance after chance. Some of the sideways passing was I suppose pedestrian too. We really need a few players in before August disappears, any chances?

Phil MaGlass
24-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Apart from the fans, does anyone associated with Hibernian care any more? It seems not based on the attitude and performance of our players today.

The last 15/20 minutes were a disgrace. No fight or desire. Sad times for Hibernian:rolleyes:
I think you will find that the fans do not really care anymore, apathy has set in and are leaving in their droves.

Bostonhibby
24-08-2014, 09:54 AM
I think you will find that the fans do not really care anymore, apathy has set in and are leaving in their droves.

Sadly I think this is right and its happening now. Amongst my group of 8 or so who usually go irrespective I haven't been able to get one other to go this season and haven't done it myself, a mix of reasons but the one that's clear is all are fed up of the talk and are waiting to see the delivery of what's now been promised.

Shame for the current regime but they are blighted by recent history and the feeling that there is still evidence of doing it Rods' way. Hopefully that will change before the window closes.

Its been a long turgid grind that's got us to where we are now, short term we are still falling in my opinion, fans all have different tolerance levels and I think a few of my generation are falling off the bus for the time being because there is not much else we can do in the current situation.

Eyrie
24-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Why would the board agree to spending when so much talk of takeovers etc?
Has Stubbs got budget left and just being cautious or is there no budget left? Guessing no-one knows fir sure

Two reasons.

Firstly the club would be a more attractive proposition if it is well placed to be promoted at the first attempt.

Secondly, the club needs an injection of cash to improve the paying squad. The new owners will have to budget for that if the current regime hasn't provided the money, so if Farmer has already done so then they can repay him instead. The club will still have the same level of funds but benefits from receiving the money earlier.