PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig

Amit
23-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Just go. You offer absolutely nothing. Like playing with a man down.

Hibs7
23-08-2014, 04:01 PM
And never a captain in a million years. !

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-08-2014, 04:03 PM
An absolute imposter. First time I've seen Hibs in the flesh this season.

Not worried about him, more worried that Stubbs sees for to pick him.

Questions about our fitness as well, Blair Alston still sprinting at the end and we look like we are winning 5-0.

kenny.ff
23-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Agree 100%. Wasnt at game today but never seen anything so far to suggest othetwise

SteveHFC
23-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Liam Craig can GTF

Leith Green
23-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Absolutly dreadfull , never a player in a million years. To think that he is the captain and in the spine of our team , its ridiculous...

oconnors_strip
23-08-2014, 04:07 PM
If he put the same amount of passion in to his football as he does to moaning at the ref and his team mates then he could be an ok player.

Give yourself a good shake mr captain!!!!

truehibernian
23-08-2014, 04:09 PM
A captain has to not only represent the club, but encapsulate what the club is all about and have a real bond with the support - Liam does not have that. Liam exudes what Hibs are - sorry for themselves on the pitch.

My captain would be Farid - even this early, he has the broad support of the fans because he chases every ball, has a will to win, and fans connect with him. Young players also like him.

Might take the pressure off Craig too - as he looks weaker than a skin on a rice pudding when things are going against us.

hibee_girl
23-08-2014, 04:10 PM
I've tried hard to like him and after the Livi game I was willing to give him a chance but today he was back to his static self, I don't think he passed the ball forward once!

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Since last season the only things I have said about Craig are

1) I thought he was sure to go in the clear out but Hibs must have thought his contract was too high.

2) If Stubbs thought he could get more out of him and felt 'compelled' to keep him on I would have to support it.

However, I have to say the man offers nothing, has no confidence, is NOT a captain by nature and even for his benefit should find another club.

And take Heffernan with him.

I have tried to see what they give but it eludes me.

Hibs should not have Hibs TV but Hibs re-run TV because it looks ominously like last season.

I can't believe how crap we already look from the way we played against the Rangers.

Greenblood70
23-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Never a leader in a million years, should be stripped of the captaincy imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Dont think ive ever hated a hibs player so much. ..he isbthe most gutless, uninspiring captain ever. He only ever passes sideways or backwards and wastes set pieces. However he is great at moaning at refs! Liam GTF!!

Pray4Marc
23-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Absolute passenger, it's like playing with 10 men. So so negative in everything he does. Near enough playing CB in the 2nd half.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 04:18 PM
I defended him last week but that today was a disgrace.

Stanton and Allan in central midfield next week please.

JollyGreenGiant
23-08-2014, 04:19 PM
He represents everything that is wrong with us at the moment, too slow, lacking in imagination, makes too many mistake and doesn't take any responsibility!

I want him to do well, but he just looks out his depth!

Hibby_CR14
23-08-2014, 04:20 PM
He is absolutely awful! I have tried to like him but today he was just shocking....why can't he turn on the ball? He seems to only be able to pass the ball to the centre backs.

He also has no leadership qualities whatsoever..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-08-2014, 04:22 PM
How come he was good for Saints ans was described as "a god" by their fans, but can't replicate the same thing at us?

DaveF
He was utterly dreadful today. Not got a forward pass in him and was a passenger throughout IMO. He really needs to get out of Hibs for his and our benefit.

Stringer
Not sure how important captaincy is these days. We need leaders throughout the side

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Oh, and give the captaincy to Stevenson or El Al.

Heedersnvolleys
23-08-2014, 04:27 PM
How come he was good for Saints ans was described as "a god" by their fans, but can't replicate the same thing at us?
Doesn't play the same position for us. I wouldn't be surprised if he has asked to play that deeper role so it is easier to hide!

GGTTH07
23-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Heart of a mouse.

truehibernian
23-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Not sure how important captaincy is these days. We need leaders throughout the side

It's a very important role - but I agree, Hibs have lacked leaders in key areas since the McLeish days.

You need organisers, not players who just shout for shouting sake - but in each area of the pitch, a player who can read the game and instruct.

Hanlon is way way too quiet. Craig spends all game like a petulent kid and doesn't concentrate on his game or the game around him......up top Farid is ploughing a lone furrow it seems.

The true problem with this squad though, as with last three or four seasons, is a lack of pace in all areas of the pitch, especially middle to wide. Alex annoys me now with this lack of wanting to go outside - he has bloody pace to burn, he really needs told, 'get that ball and stretch that full back'. I'm not buying this confidence thing - he's doing the 'easy thing' by cutting inside and passing square.

Pace, bravery and creativity - it's what Hibs need (reading that back that sounded very Roy Castle :greengrin)

Diclonius
23-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Craig is playing holding midfield which he has not played in for any of his previous clubs.

Literally the only excuse I can think of. It is utterly depressing that such a highly rated player (and one who routinely tore us apart every time he played against us) has become so poor at our club.

tamig
23-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Some unbelievable dross on this thread. Try backing the guy instead of booing him for once eh?

Heisenberg
23-08-2014, 04:48 PM
He's a joke. Has been for ages. Spends more time moaning at the ref than marking his opponent. His awareness of what's around him is abysmal.

Amit
23-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Some unbelievable dross on this thread. Try backing the guy instead of booing him for once eh?

LC's performance today was dross. Never seen a Captain hide so much. No leadership qualities at all.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 04:49 PM

What will we do? Applaud him every time he makes another mistake?

tamig
23-08-2014, 04:51 PM
What will we do? Applaud him every time he makes another mistake?

He was getting booed as soon as the ball arrived at his feet. The start of your user name is very apt.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 04:51 PM
He was getting booed as soon as the ball arrived at his feet. The start of your user name is very apt.

Think you are making that up to be fair

Amit
23-08-2014, 04:52 PM
He should've been dropped after the Derby. He was poor in that game too.

Jpdhfc
23-08-2014, 04:52 PM

Or like Harris

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 04:53 PM

Who told you he was good for the Saints., average player.

tamig
23-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Think you are making that up to be fair

Im not. I heard it with my own ears. I really dont understand it. It never ends well.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Im not. I heard it with my own ears. I really dont understand it. It never ends well.

Where were you sitting? I didn't hear it in the east but if it's true it's poor IMO. Fair enough after the game he had but before he had even touched the ball is out of order

Amit
23-08-2014, 04:56 PM
As someone else said, it'll be interesting to see if he's dropped when Robertson and Allan are both available for selection. Far better midfielders. LC should be playing in behind the striker. Take him off free kicks and corners, his delivery is woeful.

tamig
23-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Where were you sitting? I didn't hear it in the east but if it's true it's poor IMO. Fair enough after the game he had but before he had even touched the ball is out of order

I was in the FF and the bulk of it was coming from the South side of the East. I moved from the East a couple of years ago having been there for over 30 years. Im glad I did tbh. I just hate hearing it. Not the way to back your team imo.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 05:12 PM
I was in the FF and the bulk of it was coming from the South side of the East. I moved from the East a couple of years ago having been there for over 30 years. Im glad I did tbh. I just hate hearing it. Not the way to back your team imo.

You are in the FF and heard folk booing Liam Craig from the south end of the east?? Wow you have amazing hearing. I sit in section 42 in the east and did not hear any of that until towards the end of the game.

You sure it wasn't the away fans booing an ex player?

Hibs90
23-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Never really understood the criticism of Craig before but it was evident today for all to see. Backpass, side pass, moan at ref and repeat. Absolute passenger and never a captain in a million years. Get him stripped of that captaincy and get him away from ER as far as possible. Useless.

TowerHibs
23-08-2014, 05:16 PM

i agree

tamig
23-08-2014, 05:18 PM
You are in the FF and heard folk booing Liam Craig from the south end of the east?? Wow you have amazing hearing. I sit in section 42 in the east and did not hear any of that until towards the end of the game.

It was clear as you like. Its called acoustics. You dont get the true perspective of the noise if youre in amongst it sometimes. Being further away gives you a better perspective. Im sure others sitting in other parts of the ground will agree.

The Leith Dutch
The two main attributes a Captain should possess for me:

1) He should be able to lift the entire team to believing they can get something out of a game even when it looks lost.
Craig is the polar opposite - he seems to drag the rest of the team down and get them believing it's hopeless even when there are point(s) there for the taking.

2) He should be a sure fire selection in the starting 11 based on how he's playing.
At the moment I'd pick Robertson, Allan and Stanton before him for a two man Centre Midfield and very probably Stevenson.
Tudor-Jones has been poor when I've seen him.

Add to that the fact his personal confidence is obviously seriously fragile - to let your head go down after making a total shop front of a penalty in a derby isn't great.
For it to carry over into the next match suggests a serious lack of character.

As for his performance today - I thought it was terrible.

He got caught in possession far too often and his dead ball work was dreadful - one of his corners in the second half arrived about 3 foot off the ground and a couple of yards short of the near post which, if you're the designated corner taker is frankly unacceptable.

And somebody needs to take him to one side and tell him to seriously cut back on that little pitching wedge pass he seems to love so much.

Aldo
And there was me thinking he had turned over a new leaf following his emphatic win as the teams on field hide and seek champion last season.

He had started the season well against der Hun and Livi and barring his pen miss was no too bad last week but today it seems he was back to normal.

We have no leaders in the team and Craig for me should not be captain.

BoomtownHibees
It was clear as you like. Its called acoustics. You dont get the true perspective of the noise if youre in amongst it sometimes. Being further away gives you a better perspective. Im sure others sitting in other parts of the ground will agree.

We will see

tamig
23-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Never really understood the criticism of Craig before but it was evident today for all to see. Backpass, side pass, moan at ref and repeat. Absolute passenger and never a captain in a million years. Get him stripped of that captaincy and get him away from ER as far as possible. Useless.
Or maybe just try playing him in a role where he was good with his previous club?

ackeygraham
23-08-2014, 05:20 PM
I'd like to see him play more attaching midfielder and see what he offers, as like watching ray Wilkins again when he plays CDM. take pressure off and give captain arm band to someone else.....then see how he goes.

Crazyhorse
23-08-2014, 05:52 PM

If this is upsetting you I would stay away from Hibsnet this season. The team is largely the same bunch of bottle merchants (led by bottler in chief Craig) as last season. The club is still owned by Farmer and the boardroom is still 'owned' by Petrie both of who have through neglect and incompetence have led us on an increasingly rapid downward spiral. If they won't open the chequebook and let Stubbs sign some decent quality players then the Livy result will be the high point of our season.

Dalkeith Hibee
23-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Spot on OP. Never a Hibs captain and should have been emptied after relegation. Too busy telling you in the papers about what he is going to do and then not actually doing it

tamig
23-08-2014, 05:57 PM
If this is upsetting you I would stay away from Hibsnet this season. The team is largely the same bunch of bottle merchants (led by bottler in chief Craig) as last season. The club is still owned by Farmer and the boardroom is still 'owned' by Petrie both of who have through neglect and incompetence have led us on an increasingly rapid downward spiral. If they won't open the chequebook and let Stubbs sign some decent quality players then the Livy result will be the high point of our season.
Ive been on this site from when it was the old rivals board. It has become a more frequently depressing place post-match over the past few years. Kind of mirrored by the atmosphere in the stands. Im not upset just find it hard to get my head round the actions of some of our support. <shaking head smiley>

lucky
23-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Some Hibs fans can GTF they contribute to the negative attitude at ER than effects the players. LC has not set the world on fire with his performances but he is the target of the boo boys. I have a bigger issue with the performance of Stanton, Harris, Cummings and Heff more than I with his performances.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 06:09 PM
It's funny but last week at Tynecastle the Hibs fans were immense. Never shut up until Hearts scored and even then tried to keep backing the team. At the end of the game a decent number applauded the players from the park. We still lost.

Yet today we lost and the big bad fans were a huge factor. Doesn't add up to me.

Fwiw I never really noticed any booing or abuse until about 15 minutes to go when we had totally fell out the game. I wasn't surprised by the applause and encouragement at half time and equally I wasn't shocked by the booing at full time.

st3vie
23-08-2014, 06:16 PM
A football player ? He's bloody terrible, just moans and does **** all. A bad example and to be captain is just a farce.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 06:39 PM
He needs to go there are far too many looking to blame him for everything. A guy near me had to stop mid-boo today cos he played a decent ball.

Get himself a frash start (like Collins has) and before you know it we'll be applauding him off the pitch when he's playing for the opposition.

One Day
23-08-2014, 06:44 PM

That's nonsense.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 06:44 PM
That's nonsense.

It's true for the famous 5 lower.

Amit
23-08-2014, 06:46 PM
He needs to go there are far too many looking to blame him for everything. A guy near me had to stop mid-boo today cos he played a decent ball.

Get himself a frash start (like Collins has) and before you know it we'll be applauding him off the pitch when he's playing for the opposition.

I don't think people are blaming him for everything. He's simply not good enough to play the DM role.

Strip him of the captaincy and bench him. He needs to play in the No.10 position (behind the strikers) but there are better options in that position ahead of him.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Or maybe just try playing him in a role where he was good with his previous club?

Good shout, do you think St Johnstone will want him?

Jonnyboy
23-08-2014, 06:52 PM
I don't see the point in calling him all the names under the sun and booing him. It won't make him a better player

As DaveF says above, the best thing for both the club and LC would be for him to move on

One Day
23-08-2014, 07:01 PM
It's true for the famous 5 lower.

I sit in ff lower and it took a long time before anyone was booing anyone

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 07:03 PM
I don't think people are blaming him for everything. He's simply not good enough to play the DM role.

Strip him of the captaincy and bench him. He needs to play in the No.10 position (behind the strikers) but there are better options in that position ahead of him.

Who?

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 07:04 PM
I sit in ff lower and it took a long time before anyone was booing anyone

Relatively early in the 2nd half down near me.

Leith Green
23-08-2014, 07:15 PM
There were actually times today when you could be forgiven for thinking was playing sweeper, embarrassing how awful he really is

Zazu62
23-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Listen I'm not making excuses for Liam Craig but the game should have been dead and buried by half time we had plenty chances . That's my worry , not scoring goals . I still don't understand why he plays so deep though?

Ronniekirk
23-08-2014, 07:21 PM
And there was me thinking he had turned over a new leaf following his emphatic win as the teams on field hide and seek champion last season.

He had started the season well against der Hun and Livi and barring his pen miss was no too bad last week but today it seems he was back to normal.

We have no leaders in the team and Craig for me should not be captain.
Am coming round to your way of thinking Aldo .

HFC 0-7
23-08-2014, 07:23 PM
I am starting to worry about Stubbs. I just don't see what captain material Stubbs see's in him that we don't. I just can't see how team mates can be motivated by him, he constantly moans at the ref about decisions, if he put that effort into his game or organising the team he would maybe play a little better.

Amit
23-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Who?

Scott Allan and Stanton

TowerHibs
23-08-2014, 07:26 PM
I am starting to worry about Stubbs. I just don't see what captain material Stubbs see's in him that we don't. I just can't see how team mates can be motivated by him, he constantly moans at the ref about decisions, if he put that effort into his game or organising the team he would maybe play a little better.

Louis van Gaal has just said yesterday that he expects players to take 3/4 months to become comfortable with a new philosophy. Yet he is a world class coach dealing with world class players.

We have people here worrying about our team and manager after 3 games......football, bloody hell

Amit
23-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Louis van Gaal has just said yesterday that he expects players to take 3/4 months to become comfortable with a new philosophy. Yet he is a world class coach dealing with world class players.

We have people here worrying about our team and manager after 3 games......football, bloody hell

I think people have been worried about Hibs for much longer than that

ian omand
23-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Since last season the only things I have said about Craig are

1) I thought he was sure to go in the clear out but Hibs must have thought his contract was too high.

2) If Stubbs thought he could get more out of him and felt 'compelled' to keep him on I would have to support it.

However, I have to say the man offers nothing, has no confidence, is NOT a captain by nature and even for his benefit should find another club.

And take Heffernan with him.

I have tried to see what they give but it eludes me.

Hibs should not have Hibs TV but Hibs re-run TV because it looks ominously like last season.

I can't believe how crap we already look from the way we played against the Rangers.

May I just ask who in the present squad. Could replace him?
Time to take a reality check here me thinks because we are a football club very much lacking in instantaneous replacements, but hey push on people.

Scottie
23-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Too much pressure being put on LC as captain as his performances are showing.

He's not captain material but the problem we have is there is no-one at the club that is of captain material to take the job.

He needs to be dropped for a couple of weeks then played in his best position just behind our shot shy strikers. :wink:

1987kev
23-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Funny thing is that he was not our worst player the day but yet again harris gets off scot free again, few comments about Craig heart but it's harris that pulls out challenges but nuffin said and as far as the comments that Stanton is the man to play in the middle get a grip the lad had about 3 descents games the first team.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Scott Allan and Stanton

Interesting, I've seen nothing from them to say they'd be better. Certainly not got the track record.

allezsauzee
23-08-2014, 08:22 PM
We pass up a barrow-load of chances to win the game by half time and it's Liam Craig's fault we didn't win? Craig put in tackles, took the ball off the centre halfs and gave it to the wingers. Probably exactly what Alan Stubbs asked him to do today.

southsider
23-08-2014, 08:35 PM
We pass up a barrow-load of chances to win the game by half time and it's Liam Craig's fault we didn't win? Craig put in tackles, took the ball off the centre halfs and gave it to the wingers. Probably exactly what Alan Stubbs asked him to do today.
Crap. He took the ball from the centre backs and passed it back to them or our keeper or gave it away. His free kicks were a joke. We would have been better off a man short. A captain ? Never in a million years.

allezsauzee
23-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Crap. He took the ball from the centre backs and passed it back to them or our keeper or gave it away. His free kicks were a joke. We would have been better off a man short. A captain ? Never in a million years.

aye ok then. you've clearly picked your scapegoat so I'm no going to argue

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Am coming round to your way of thinking Aldo .

I was never turned.

tamig
23-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Relatively early in the 2nd half down near me.

Me too. It was bad.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Me too. It was bad.

So was it his first touch or the second half that you heard it?

And was it from the FF or from the south end of the east which you said earlier?

AL-Qaholik
23-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Some Hibs fans can GTF they contribute to the negative attitude at ER than effects the players. LC has not set the world on fire with his performances but he is the target of the boo boys. I have a bigger issue with the performance of Stanton, Harris, Cummings and Heff more than I with his performances.

Thousands already have - and it is watching imposters like Captain Coward that has driven them away...

Stranraer
23-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Thousands already have - and it is watching imposters like Captain Coward that has driven them away...

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Just over 9,000 there today? The last thing we want is more fans deserting us.

On a separate note, is your username relating to an X-Zibit song... if so I'm quickly becoming one no thanks to Hibs.

Famous Fiver
23-08-2014, 09:35 PM
I am going to the Dumbarton match n Tuesday. Will Stubbs ring the changes? Let's see what the team looks like without Craig. Get to the final and this tournament could be worth half a mill to Hibs, lose on Tuesday with or without Craig and it really looks bleak for the rest of the season.

tamig
23-08-2014, 09:40 PM
So was it his first touch or the second half that you heard it?

And was it from the FF or from the south end of the east which you said earlier?

Wtf are you on? The guy said he heard the booing from the FF lower. How does that not tie in with what I said earlier?

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Wtf are you on? The guy said he heard the booing from the FF lower. How does that not tie in with what I said earlier?

The guy said the boos came from the FF lower, you said they came from the south end of the east.

You said you heard the booing from when Liam Craig first touched the ball, he said he heard it at the start of the second half.

Doesn't tie in at all IMO

sesoim
23-08-2014, 10:02 PM
It's a very important role - but I agree, Hibs have lacked leaders in key areas since the McLeish days.

You need organisers, not players who just shout for shouting sake - but in each area of the pitch, a player who can read the game and instruct.

Hanlon is way way too quiet. Craig spends all game like a petulent kid and doesn't concentrate on his game or the game around him......up top Farid is ploughing a lone furrow it seems.

The true problem with this squad though, as with last three or four seasons, is a lack of pace in all areas of the pitch, especially middle to wide. Alex annoys me now with this lack of wanting to go outside - he has bloody pace to burn, he really needs told, 'get that ball and stretch that full back'. I'm not buying this confidence thing - he's doing the 'easy thing' by cutting inside and passing square.

Pace, bravery and creativity - it's what Hibs need (reading that back that sounded very Roy Castle :greengrin)

:agree: I agree on all counts.

Hibernian Verse
23-08-2014, 10:16 PM
I defended him last week but that today was a disgrace.

Stanton and Allan in central midfield next week please.

Struggling to see sense in the Stanton love in. Proved today in 10 mins that he's not good enough. Passenger at Tynecastle as well.

tamig
23-08-2014, 10:22 PM
The guy said the boos came from the FF lower, you said they came from the south end of the east.

You said you heard the booing from when Liam Craig first touched the ball, he said he heard it at the start of the second half.

Youll see the reply on the boo boys thread. Not sure why youd be implying Im making this up. Strange.

familyman
23-08-2014, 10:33 PM

Even after everything he still goes backwards with the ball..unbelievable

J-C
24-08-2014, 01:19 AM

I was also in E 42 and heard nothing like a boo coming from anywhere towards Craig, my guess is imaginative hearing.

HFC 0-7
24-08-2014, 01:23 AM

And the whole of last season when he was captain? Did you see captain material then? He hasn't just suddenly became suspect since Stubbs came in, he was mince last season and showed zero leadership capabilities!

J-C
24-08-2014, 01:25 AM

Think you're getting mixed up with Allan, it was him and not Craig that was giving it to the wingers, all craig done was be a poor Barry Ferguson, very crabesque.

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 01:41 AM
Liam Craig is honest and a trier. His performances in the first 4 games have ranged from good to poor. I like him as a character off the pitch, but, sadly, not on it. He is, at the end of the day, an okay player -average if you like. He is not captain material and does not possess the quality to damage other teams or influence games. We have too many players of his ilk currently wearing the shirt, whose names have oft been mentioned to the point of tedium. This dearth of quality is at the heart of the current demise of our club. The sooner Alan Stubbs moves Liam and those like him, on, and brings in better quality replacements, the sooner our season can take off.

macd123
24-08-2014, 03:16 AM
Think you're getting mixed up with Allan, it was him and not Craig that was giving it to the wingers, all craig done was be a poor Barry Ferguson, very crabesque.

We need to play the guy behind el alagui where heffernan tried to play today. He scored 9 goals in the first half of last season. He has a very good shot on him which is something we need. Why he is DM and captain i will never know.

Stubbs will you please just sign a DM!!!

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 06:54 AM
I was also in E 42 and heard nothing like a boo coming from anywhere towards Craig, my guess is imaginative hearing.

Maybe I'll move to the soundproofed E42 then.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 06:57 AM

Good one Ironside.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2014, 07:23 AM
Good one Ironside.

Aye ok Dunderheed. There was no booing towards any of the players coming from the east until late on in the game and even then it was minimal. Yes, at full time there was but not throughout the game.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Aye ok Dunderheed. There was no booing towards any of the players coming from the east until late on in the game and even then it was minimal. Yes, at full time there was but not throughout the game.

Glad you've changed your tune now - I've been clearly talking about the famous 5 all along.

And that's where the defence has unravelled m'lud.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Glad you've changed your tune now - I've been clearly talking about the famous 5 all along.

And that's where the defence has unravelled m'lud.

That was my point mate. The other dude was claiming he heard boos coming from the south end of the east from his seat in the FF and I said that didn't happen. He was using you as his witness :)

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 08:06 AM
That was my point mate. The other dude was claiming he heard boos coming from the south end of the east from his seat in the FF and I said that didn't happen. He was using you as his witness :)

Glad it's been cleared up.

Just for clarification (JC) folk in the famous 5 were booing Liam Craig as soon as he was within a yard or so of the ball - if he done something decent they stopped mid boo. This started early in the 2nd half. I can't comment on the other stands.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2014, 08:10 AM

Just for clarification (JC) folk in the famous 5 were booing Liam Craig as soon as he was within a yard or so of the ball - if he done something decent they stopped mid boo. This started early in the 2nd half. I can't comment on the other stands.

If so then that's poor, as I've already stated earlier on here. I kind of get it when it happened later in the game but no need at that point in the game. It started in the east when he played the ball back to the goalie from the half way line

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 08:12 AM
If so then that's poor, as I've already stated earlier on here. I kind of get it when it happened later in the game but no need at that point in the game. It started in the east when he played the ball back to the goalie from the half way line

Thing is he's playing the "easy ball" most of the time - when others do it it's accepted but not Craig.

He's definitely this years fall guy.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Thing is he's playing the "easy ball" most of the time - when others do it it's accepted but not Craig.

He's definitely this years fall guy.

I think that was always going to be the case after last season which is why I found it strange that 1 - he got kept on (nobody else wanted him) and 2 - Stubbs made him captain again

Albanian Hibs
24-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Get Craig to ****. He slows down the play with every touch. Oh and Stanton should be nowhere near the starting 11 either.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Struggling to see sense in the Stanton love in. Proved today in 10 mins that he's not good enough. Passenger at Tynecastle as well.

He's not a wide player.

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Struggling to see sense in the Stanton love in. Proved today in 10 mins that he's not good enough. Passenger at Tynecastle as well.:faf:

Eyrie
24-08-2014, 10:07 AM
We need to play the guy behind el alagui where heffernan tried to play today. He scored 9 goals in the first half of last season. He has a very good shot on him which is something we need. Why he is DM and captain i will never know.

Stubbs will you please just sign a DM!!!

Agree with this. Craig played in his proper position and free from the burden of captaincy has the ability to be a good player for us. Might also help in another way because he won't be annoying the referee with his constant whining.

EVENTUALLY
24-08-2014, 10:12 AM

NO. Enough is enough. I spotted him out in the Malmo game to be a weak player. He has little ability, no heart, no guts or dig. His form worsens week by week and badly affects the team and supporters. He should leave. ENDOF

J-C
24-08-2014, 10:14 AM

If this post is for me, then I like Boomtown was replying to tamig who said he sits in the FF and heard it coming from the East, we sit in the East and was calling him out because there was no booing at Craig during the game from there.

J-C
24-08-2014, 10:17 AM
He's not a wide player.

He's an attacking midfielder and should be able to play anywhere behind the forwards, whether that is left right or middle.

The Leith Dutch
24-08-2014, 10:41 AM
He's an attacking midfielder and should be able to lay anywhere behind the forwards, whether that is left right or middle.

For an experienced midfielder that's a reasonably fair assessment.

Centre Midfield is maybe not quite an easier role but a little more obvious a role to play in some ways than wide.

Unless you're a winger I think the wide midfield roles need a bit more experience in knowing where to be in order to make sure you're involved in the game.
For a young laddie who clearly is more comfortable in Centre mid then I think playing wide it's easy to wind up with the game passing you by which is what's happened to Stanton in recent games.

When Robertson is back I'd be tempted to give it a go with a midfield of Harris and Kennedy in the wide roles and Stanton, Robertson and Allan in the centre with El Alagui up front.

J-C
24-08-2014, 10:57 AM
For an experienced midfielder that's a reasonably fair assessment.

Centre Midfield is maybe not quite an easier role but a little more obvious a role to play in some ways than wide.

Unless you're a winger I think the wide midfield roles need a bit more experience in knowing where to be in order to make sure you're involved in the game.
For a young laddie who clearly is more comfortable in Centre mid then I think playing wide it's easy to wind up with the game passing you by which is what's happened to Stanton in recent games.

When Robertson is back I'd be tempted to give it a go with a midfield of Harris and Kennedy in the wide roles and Stanton, Robertson and Allan in the centre with El Alagui up front.

As long as someone tells Harris to stay out ****ing wide, the amount of times he kept coming inside, only to end up in the no.10 slot beggars belief, he's a wingers and should stay out there, look how much more dangerous Kennedy was playing as an out and out winger, Harris need to have a long look at his positional game play.

Hermit Crab
24-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Oh, and give the captaincy to Stevenson or El Al.

No chance. Booth done more in 90 minutes then Stevenson has done in the first 3 games. Booth in at left back.

J-C
24-08-2014, 11:02 AM
No chance. Booth done more in 90 minutes then Stevenson has done in the first 3 games. Booth in at left back.

As an attacking wing back yes but a god awful performance when defending, it was his problem before he went out on loan and it still is, positionally very poor, still very weak in the tackle and struggled all day to win a header. Personally I want a LB to defend 1st and foremost and let the midfielders do the attacking, build from the back.

The Leith Dutch
24-08-2014, 11:08 AM
As long as someone tells Harris to stay out ****ing wide, the amount of times he kept coming inside, only to end up in the no.10 slot beggars belief, he's a wingers and should stay out there, look how much more dangerous Kennedy was playing as an out and out winger, Harris need to have a long look at his positional game play.

Absolutely agree.

Harris and Kennedy are wingers.
90% of their game should involve them either being played in down the wide channels or beating a man in those areas to get a cross in.

Part of the problem there is that the centre midfielders aren't really working the ball into space down the wings as much as they should.
I could see Allan doing that quite well - big difference for me between him and Craig is that he tries to put the ball ahead of the player he's passing to.
It's riskier but the reward is far greater.
Craig looks so worried he'll misplace a pass that he's passing behind the Hibs player which stops any fluency in the attack.

I think if we can work on the defensive side of Booth's game then him and Kennedy down the left will cause a lot of team's problems.
Gray looks good going forward and if Harris could do the same as Kennedy on the right we may actually start to cause the opposition some problems.
Our main wide outlet appears to be Full Back's and Wingers launched by Oxley.

Ricky Bobby
24-08-2014, 12:22 PM
His performances last season dictated that he should not have still been with us, but that he stillis i was prepared to get behind him. But after watching that yesterday there is no defending him. Spent the duration of the game moaning at the ref. When he recieves the ball facing his own goal it takes him four touches to turn which slows everything right down or he plays the ball back to the back line when in plenty of room to turn. The fact he cant shine at this level says it all. That should have been his last game in a Hibs jersey.