PDA

View Full Version : Is it always going to be like this?

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 03:58 PM
I don't believe that games are 'must win' games so early in the season, however, increasingly it looks like last season.

Can't score, sloppy defence 0-1 and game over.

I keep waiting for the good news of at least 2 new 'quality' players but frankly, if they are out there and available to us, why are they not here?

We know signings guarantee us nothing but we know that this squad is simply not good enough. We are already regressing from what looked like a good performance against Rangers.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-08-2014, 04:10 PM
I don't believe that games are 'must win' games so early in the season, however, increasingly it looks like last season.

I keep waiting for the good news of at least 2 new 'quality' players but frankly, if they are out there and available to us, why are they not here?

We know signings guarantee us nothing but we know that this squad is simply not good enough. We are already regressing from what looked like a good performance against Rangers.

Over the years a series of managers have continually played players either out of form or out of position - Keenan anyone?

I get the strong impression managers have to prove they cannot make do with what they have before dipping into the market. Hence a higher frequency of pretty shocking starts to seasons.

Effing Groundhog Day.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Good players will know we are a shambles, why would they want to come here?

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Good players will know we are a shambles, why would they want to come here?

Because LD says they are coming? :dunno:

we are hibs
23-08-2014, 04:38 PM
I am starting to feel like we are never going to improve. We are rank rotten .

bobbyhibs1983
23-08-2014, 05:18 PM
To answer the O.P yes it will unless we do something about it.We seem to lack a spark, movement, a goal threat, people wanting to get the ball and take people on.

I wonder why lessons are never learned and well we as a club seem to shugg our shoulders and do nothing about the load of problems we have.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 05:22 PM
In this league no one can afford to throw silly points away. Away at Tynecastle is a game that, whilst tough to lose, is not entirely unexpected. But at home to Falkirk? Can't happen.

We don't have the squad to compete for the title this year. If the club think it's ok we can just have a go next year then I fear they are mistaken. Staying down this year will see another hit to ST numbers, another hit to the budget and all that entails.

I'm worried.

scuttle
23-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Because LD says they are coming? :dunno:

Don't hold yer breath

Ronniekirk
23-08-2014, 07:33 PM

Spot on but at least you have the consolation of being in Paris

Viva_Palmeiras
23-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Spot on but at least you have the consolation of being in Paris

But it's just CAC ;)

southsider
23-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I, unlike many others, have no real trust in Ms Dempster. Would a man have got away with all that spin ? I very much doubt so. Our team have no chance of going up. I feel really sorry for AS, he has been betrayed big time by our board. We have released 18 players and brought in 2 plus 2 x 6 month loanees. Our "board" should GTF i doubt if any of them could spell Hibs.

southsider
24-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Could someone try to help me understand what has happened to all that money we received for selling KT, Brown, Whitts, Murphy, Roirdan, O'Conner ? We finished the stadium and East Mains but we are still over £10 mill in debt to the bank and they, i am led to believe, want their money sharpish. Both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd cut deals with their banks so why can't we do the same ? Or are we to fekkn soft ? Just like the team.

trev the hat
24-08-2014, 08:25 AM
To answer the O.P yes it will unless we do something about it.We seem to lack a spark, movement, a goal threat, people wanting to get the ball and take people on.
I wonder why lessons are never learned and well we as a club seem to shugg our shoulders and do nothing about the load of problems we have.

:aok: :greengrin :wink:

Eyrie
24-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Could someone try to help me understand what has happened to all that money we received for selling KT, Brown, Whitts, Murphy, Roirdan, O'Conner ? We finished the stadium and East Mains but we are still over £10 mill in debt to the bank and they, i am led to believe, want their money sharpish. Both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd cut deals with their banks so why can't we do the same ? Or are we to fekkn soft ? Just like the team.

The money has been spent on the fourth/fifth highest wage bill in Scottish football over that period, paying off one failed managerial appointment after another and constantly replacing the playing squad because the guys signed by the previous manager weren't good enough.

The debts to the bank are shown in the accounts and are not repayable on demand so you've been misled.