PDA

View Full Version : Maybury and Taiwo

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Kinda reception they going to get today?

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Kinda reception they going to get today?

Well if abuse is shouted at them they'll feel right at home!

DH1875
23-08-2014, 09:43 AM
I'd like to thing it would be a good one.

CallumLaidlaw
23-08-2014, 09:46 AM
2 guys that always gave 100%. Maybury was always solid enough considering his age, and Taiwo would probably be a regular in an Alan Stubbs team. Neither deserve any kind of stick

DaveF
23-08-2014, 09:52 AM
McDonaugh will be back as well won't he?

As for the 2 players, they will get a round of applause from me once we have won the game and they have contributed to a Falkirk defeat.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 10:00 AM
I'd like to thing it would be a good one.

That would've been a better thing to do last season.

They were part of "the worst Hibs team ever" © so deserve as much abuse as Liam Craig et al are going to get this afternoon.

GlenrothesHibee
23-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Well if abuse is shouted at them they'll feel right at home!

Lol

DaveF
23-08-2014, 10:03 AM
That would've been a better thing to do last season.

They were part of "the worst Hibs team ever" © so deserve as much abuse as Liam Craig et al are going to get this afternoon.

You think this will happen on the back of last week or are you basing this on Livi \ Huns \ Friendlies too?

Who else is on the abuse list?

It's pretty simple DH and you know it.

Hibs play well and win - fans happy. Hibs play crap and lose (ala almost all of last season) - fans unhappy.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 10:08 AM
You think this will happen on the back of last week or are you basing this on Livi \ Huns \ Friendlies too?

Who else is on the abuse list?

It's pretty simple DH and you know it.

Hibs play well and win - fans happy. Hibs play crap and lose (ala almost all of last season) - fans unhappy.

I sit in the famous 5 and basing it around some of the ridiculous shouts that go out. Threads/posts on here slating Craig no matter what over the last few months as well.

If they get applauded there'll be a few hypocritical folk trying to show how great a fan they are by applauding the opposition. Pity they don't look after their own in the same way.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 10:09 AM
They are opposition players now, they should get it tight along with the rest of the Falkirk team and that goes for the ref and his two assistants.

Lets stop being so nice to opposition players.

B.H.F.C
23-08-2014, 10:16 AM
They can bolt. If a player has ever achieved anything with us and comes back then they'll get applauded. They didn't.

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Watch out for the man behind the grassy knoll.

I don't think they should get any reception, good or bad. Not as if they are Hibs 'legends'. If they ackowledge the Hibs fans then a respectful return applause would not be out of place but I am sure they have moved on and we have moved on. Not far some might say :wink:

No need to give them a bad reception even though they were part of a debacle. Every player, coach and board member were part of it.

If we have genuinely moved on then it is of no consequence that two average players have returned for another lower division team.

We really need to be concerned with our players.

Maybe concerned is not quite the correct word :wink:

lucky
23-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Maybury was a better player for us than Taiwo but because he played for them he will get more abuse. I really don't get what people get out of abusing former players

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Maybury was a better player for us than Taiwo but because he played for them he will get more abuse. I really don't get what people get out of abusing former players

Just a refreshing change from abusing current players :greengrin

emerald green
23-08-2014, 11:23 AM
They are opposition players now, they should get it tight along with the rest of the Falkirk team and that goes for the ref and his two assistants.

Absolutely correct. All opposition teams should get a very hostile reception at ER, every time. Whether some of their players are ex-Hibs is irrelevant.

Why should we be nice to the opposition? I'm damn sure they won't be nice to us FFS.

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Cool, general consensus I think is that it is "you hearts */$%^£$" from the start. :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
23-08-2014, 11:41 AM

Agreed. I dont get all this nicey nicey pish.

Forza Fred
23-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Agreed. I dont get all this nicey nicey pish.

I think abuse is right if they have done something to deserve it, and that it makes us look better if we acknowledge their past service, assuming they tried their best, which in regards to Maybury, I think he did.

Taking some people's 'abuse all opposition players no matter what' would see us abusing Leigh Griffiths if he came back as an opponent next week