PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Falkirk - Official Match Day Thread (Not the 90 Min Thread)

down-the-slope
23-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Glad its time to play again....transfers (or lack of them) / take overs (or lack of them)......had enough of those so lets get 3 pts and season properly under-way 100% record at ER :greengrin

Bit chilly out in EL.....full Bollahcast required before I select todays match kit....but it wont be shorts...

Any updates on Gulls?

At least 2 players are going to get their chance to stake a 1st team place - and with Falkirk a really good footballing team I am hopeful that we will see a decent match

Onceinawhile
23-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Presumably Allan and booth in for lewis and Robertson. Though I'm not convinced Allan can play the holding role. Would like to see Kennedy in for Stanton as well.

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Presumably Allan and booth in for lewis and Robertson. Though I'm not convinced Allan can play the holding role. Would like to see Kennedy in for Stanton as well.

Might need a re-jig in the formation to be able to fit both of them in.

Unless we go with a 3-2-3-2 :greengrin

Green Man
23-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Very cloudy over north Edinburgh at the moment but there is some brightness showing through the cloud so possibility of it getting nicer. Haven't been outside yet so don't know what the temperature's like.

Taking the wee man, usually we sit in FF lower but going to the East today. Lucky for him he likes going up big hills.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Glad its time to play again....transfers (or lack of them) / take overs (or lack of them)......had enough of those so lets get 3 pts and season properly under-way 100% record at ER :greengrin

Bit chilly out in EL.....full Bollahcast required before I select todays match kit....but it wont be shorts...

Any updates on Gulls?

At least 2 players are going to get their chance to stake a 1st team place - and with Falkirk a really good footballing team I am hopeful that we will see a decent match

A pre-match thread, yipee.

Wearing shorts and t-shirt today, got to show my tan of after a day in Stubbs land yesterday.

Car has no wheels or radio but hey ho, could be worse, getting the 26 bus to ER today, taking my autograph book for the famous folk on the bus.

1-1

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2014, 10:25 AM
heavy rain showers from 2pm-6pm says the BBC weatherman :( $*&*£$%

HH81
23-08-2014, 10:30 AM
How is everyone feeling about the game?

I think 1-1 today.

HH81
23-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Anyone know if game is on radio today?

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 10:38 AM

Wearing shorts and t-shirt today, got to show my tan of after a day in Stubbs land yesterday.

Car has no wheels or radio but hey ho, could be worse, getting the 26 bus to ER today, taking my autograph book for the famous folk on the bus.

1-1

Do you really need a radio? Oh, yeah....I suppose so, to drown out the noise of the car scraping along the road. Stupid me.

1-0 for the Hibees!

LancashireHibby
23-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Day in work for me. Mon the Hibs.

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 10:40 AM

1-1

Have a word with ScouseHibee, I'm sure he can organise some replacements for your Radio and Hubcaps. In fact, they might even look remarkably similar to the originals.

:wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Allan starting :thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
23-08-2014, 10:48 AM
How is everyone feeling about the game?

I think 1-1 today.

Think (hope) we can edge it. We seem to be ok at the back and FAE is managing to score, but I'm still not fully confident.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Have a word with ScouseHibee, I'm sure he can organise some replacements for your Radio and Hubcaps. In fact, they might even look remarkably similar to the originals.

:wink:

Not forgetting after a night of my lad raving his head of he returned to his tent to find out it had been burgled and the thief had made of with his sleeping bag.

Having more than words with the Scouse lad. :greengrin

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Griffiths starts for the soapdodgers.

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Griffiths starts for the soapdodgers.

So he's definitely coming back !!!!

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 10:54 AM
So he's definitely coming back !!!!

:agree: he's just playing to get his match fitness up so he hits the ground running. He won't enjoy celebrating any goals he scores or that either.

Pass it on.

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 11:01 AM
:agree: he's just playing to get his match fitness up so he hits the ground running. He won't enjoy celebrating any goals he scores or that either.

Pass it on.

PM'd already and texted McKay.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 11:05 AM

Pass it on.

Will i get preggers though.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-08-2014, 11:05 AM
I started a match thread at 6am (early raiser me)

Now it's been locked and closed

Why was this?

Is a non private member not allowed to start the match?

Feed back or answers appreciated - cheers

GGTTH

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 11:09 AM

Why was this?

GGTTH

It'll just be locked down until closer to kick off time mate - if it's left open it gets clogged up with all sorts of crap.

This ones been called the "not the 90 minute thread" so presumably yours will be reopened and will be the "official" thread.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 11:11 AM
It'll just be locked down until closer to kick off time mate - if it's left open it gets clogged up with all sorts of crap.

This ones been called the "not the 90 minute thread" so presumably yours will be reopened and will be the "official" thread.

You sound like a admin. :greengrin

MSK
23-08-2014, 11:13 AM

Why was this?

GGTTHIts got nothing to do with being a private member ..folk use the match day thread for match updates, not to wade through pages of nonsense before the game kicks off.

Your thread will be unlocked nearer ko ..

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 11:14 AM
You sound like a admin. :greengrin

Failed the interview mate. Talk too much sense or something :greengrin

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Its got nothing to do with being a private member ..folk use the match day thread for match updates, not to wade through pages of nonsense before the game kicks off.

Your thread will be unlocked nearer ko ..

Exactly. This is to get all the nonsense out of our system prior to kickoff.

Green Man
23-08-2014, 11:21 AM
As I suspected the skies are clearing. Now for the important decisions of what to wear, and what to eat for lunch.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 11:23 AM
As I suspected the skies are clearing. Now for the important decisions of what to wear, and what to eat for lunch.

Clothes and food.

Don't thank me. :greengrin

StarMan10
23-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Hibs twitter posted a picture of the tops in the changing rooms. Crane's was there so presumably at least on the bench

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Clothes and food.

Don't thank me. :greengrin

I hope he gets it the right way round :wink:

I don;t think anyone looks good in a kebab.

TRC
23-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Hibs twitter posted a picture of the tops in the changing rooms. Crane's was there so presumably at least on the bench

Any good never heard of him?

Iggy Pope
23-08-2014, 11:41 AM

Impressed in the friendly at East Fife.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 11:41 AM

A kebab rap, sorted. :greengrin

Green Man
23-08-2014, 11:49 AM

This chicken tikka panini would not have been a good look today. And I don't imagine the wee man would be too happy at wearing a turkey sandwich.

Actually on second thoughts, he'd probably find it funny.

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 11:53 AM

I actually refrained from saying I hope he was not thinking of having a hot dog !!!

Green Man
23-08-2014, 11:56 AM

I actually refrained from saying I hope he was not thinking of having a hot dog !!!

Thankfully I'll have no buns on display :greengrin

GlasgowHibee
23-08-2014, 11:58 AM
I'll go for a 1-0 scrappy win, goal from a corner.

J-C
23-08-2014, 11:58 AM

1-1

Could have got you a couple yesterday SH, I had Gary Lineker and Robbie Savage in the cab last night, their flight was cancelled and they were going to Haymarket for a train, Lineker did a radio interview in the back with 5 Live and Mark Chapman. ( on the phone obviously, i didn't have all of 5 Live in my cab lol ):greengrin

Ronniekirk
23-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Stuffed mushroom followed by bacon sanie and washed down with some filter coffee (limited edition Allez Allez ) so just heading to game now and it's dry and sunny so looking for a narrow win today May have to settle for another 2. 1

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Could have got you a couple yesterday SH, I had Gary Lineker and Robbie Savage in the cab last night, their flight was cancelled and they were going to Haymarket for a train, Lineker did a radio interview in the back with 5 Live and Mark Chapman. ( on the phone obviously, i didn't have all of 5 Live in my cab lol ):greengrin

SH is trying to hand his out. :wink:

Billy Whizz
23-08-2014, 12:26 PM

2 squad places up for grabs with Stevenson and Robertson out.
Wouldn't be surprised if Gardner is in the squad today as well

SunshineOnLeith
23-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Callum Crane is amazing on FM14.

Green Man
23-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Almost time to head to the bus stop. It's clouded over a bit, that predicted rain could be on its way. Jackets required.

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 12:55 PM
This is when I start to feel really sad that I live in boring Munich

:boo hoo:

PeeJay
23-08-2014, 01:02 PM

Minga = Tiefste Provinz ... schöne Grüße aus der Hauptstadt!! :greengrin

SanFranHibs
23-08-2014, 01:03 PM

You are kidding??? Don't say that !!! Most people I talk to about Germany have said Munich is the best city in Germany to live in, of the major cities, and I've always liked the idea of Munich although I am leaning towards Berlin as hopefully a bit easier to find work there.

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Minga = Tiefste Provinz ... schöne Grüße aus der Hauptstadt!! :greengrin

Danke, und Grüss Gott aus der Tiefste Provinz :greengrin

You are kidding??? Don't say that !!! Most people I talk to about Germany have said Munich is the best city in Germany to live in, of the major cities, and I've always liked the idea of Munich although I am leaning towards Berlin as hopefully a bit easier to find work there.

Aye, but there's nae Hibs in Munich :-(

DC_Hibs
23-08-2014, 01:09 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mEaCTrRWGvc/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABQ/facfrKcptDw/photo.jpg

hibsbollah
23-08-2014, 01:11 PM

Any updates on Gulls?

Sorry about the lack of an early forecast.
Just so you know, its pishing it doon :greengrin

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 01:12 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mEaCTrRWGvc/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABQ/facfrKcptDw/photo.jpg

Charming!

down-the-slope
23-08-2014, 01:13 PM
heavy rain showers from 2pm-6pm says the BBC weatherman :( $*&*£$%

Its a monsoon right now sitting in car waiting to make a dash for it......nae coat :o(

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 01:15 PM

GGTTH

Your thread (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?288829-Hibs-vs-Falkirk) appears to be open again Stu

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Has anyone been pulled up yet for making a tasteless comment in any of the pubs near ER?

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Has anyone been pulled up yet for making a tasteless comment in any of the pubs near ER?

Ehm, is this some in joke?

:dunno:

down-the-slope
23-08-2014, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=hibsbollah;4137368]Sorry about the lack of an early forecast.
Just so you know, its pishing it doon :greengrin[/QUOTE

Yea thanks for that...peeing down nae coat and my daughter giving me that look that only the ladies can manage....:(

down-the-slope
23-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Rains off suns out :) .....time to dash from car to gound.....looks busy but it might just be all those sheltering now rushing at once

PeeJay
23-08-2014, 01:45 PM
01 Oxley
02 Gray
05 Nelson
22 Booth
06 Forster
10 Craig
07 Harris
20 Allan
30 Kennedy
14 Heffernan
09 El Alagui

Outdated match thread it seems...:bye:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Ehm, is this some in joke?

:dunno:

Nah but, if the Malky thread is anything to go by plenty folk will be taking offence at things they overhear in the pubs around the ground. I doubt anything will change unless the perpetrators are pulled up for it. Cannae say I've ever witnessed such an event though.