Torto7062
22-08-2014, 11:09 PM
This is superb

Torto7062
22-08-2014, 11:14 PM
http://youtu.be/gdRVDhprZNQ

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Hahaha wee Gav at the end :faf: Need to show that bit to my Dad, he and Gav are good pals :thumbsup:

Torto7062
22-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Hahaha wee Gav at the end :faf: Need to show that bit to my Dad, he and Gav are good pals :thumbsup:

Aye he didnae like the last tub lol

SteveHFC
22-08-2014, 11:26 PM

Met Gav a few times mate. Top Guy :thumbsup:

GREEN WARLORD
22-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Brilliant 😃

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2014, 07:55 AM
When did this all start?

bingo70
23-08-2014, 07:57 AM

I've never heard of this gav guy, what does he do at the club?

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 07:58 AM

He looks like a fitness coach :greengrin

Jay
23-08-2014, 08:23 AM

Don't know what he does now but about 8or 9 years ago he took the summer coaching -green shoots as is it now. He was a really nice guy, great laugh with the kids.

Billy Whizz
23-08-2014, 08:30 AM
I've just been nominated by someone today, how do you opt out?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-08-2014, 08:35 AM

You gotta do it, no turning back now son. :wink:

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 08:36 AM

Tell them it's just a stupid craze and you already give money to charity, thanks very much.

...or get them to read this...

"The Ice bucket Challenge, A Celebrity Wet T-Shirt Contest That Has Nothing To Do With Charity" (http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2014/aug/21/ice-bucket-challenge-celebrity-charity-olly-murs)

Billy Whizz
23-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Tell them it's just a stupid craze and you already give money to charity, thanks

[URL="http://www.theg[/URL]

Good man, thanks😄

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Good man, thanks

You're welcome :wink:

"It's all for Charidee!"

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2014, 09:10 AM

When it was doing the rounds with us a couple of months ago it was a tenner tothe nominated charity if you did it and twenty quid if you didn't.

cam75
23-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Get RP to do it!!!
GGTTH

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2014, 09:12 AM
When it was doing the rounds with us a couple of months ago it was a tenner tothe nominated charity if you did it and twenty quid if you didn't.

Its now £3 if you do it, a tenner if you don't

Sylar
23-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Tell them it's just a stupid craze and you already give money to charity, thanks very much.

"The Ice bucket Challenge, A Celebrity Wet T-Shirt Contest That Has Nothing To Do With Charity" (http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2014/aug/21/ice-bucket-challenge-celebrity-charity-olly-murs)

I read that article through the week and it's utter hogwash IMO.

So far, this has raised the best part of £45 million (globally) for the ALS campaign - it doesn't matter what craze accompanies it or the method of raising awareness IMO, this has been a great thing :agree:

It was started by a campaign in the US in honour of Pete Frates and has been a superb motion in aid of a horrendous disease.

HibbyKeith
23-08-2014, 09:54 AM
I read that article through the week and it's utter hogwash IMO.

So far, this has raised the best part of £45 million (globally) for the ALS campaign - it doesn't matter what craze accompanies it or the method of raising awareness IMO, this has been a great thing :agree:

It was started by a campaign in the US in honour of Pete Frates and has been a superb motion in aid of a horrendous disease.

Have to agree, there will be directors or other charities sitting round a board room table trying to think up a viral craze of their own.

There are 45 million reasons why this one has been a huge success.

SMAXXA
23-08-2014, 10:23 AM

What a miserable get

J-C
23-08-2014, 10:28 AM
There are 2 charities taking part, the ALS in USA and over here it's the McMillan Cancer Trust, I'm doing mine in a few minutes, £3 for cancer and a giggle at the same time.

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 10:35 AM
What a miserable get

So sorry to offend your sensibilities.

OK then, I give in, it's all for charidee and they're all wonderful people. It's not just a stupid craze that'll die out soon enough when the celebrities get bored of it and move on to the next one. Oh no, they're all in this for life and have genuinely given more than five minutes thought to the actual sufferers.

Also, the profile of the charity has been raised so much that everybody will dedicate their lives to finding a cure and a Nirvana moment will be reached by all on a plane of charitable giving.

Is that better?

:dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 10:37 AM

OK then, I give in, it's all for charidee and they're all wonderful people. It's not just a stupid craze that'll die out soon enough when the celebrities get bored of it and move on to the next one. Oh no, they're all in this for life and have genuinely given more than five minutes thought to the actual sufferers.

Also, the profile of the charity has been raised so much that everybody will dedicate their lives to finding a cure and a Nirvana moment will be reached by all on a plane of charitable giving.

Is that better?

It's already dropped from a tenner to £3 and how did the Macmillan folk manage to get involved?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Get RP to do it!!!
GGTTH

Pour endless amounts of buckets of water over him until the **** drowns :greengrin

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Pour endless amounts of buckets of water over him until the **** drowns :greengrin

Now THAT I would be willing to get behind and donate

:thumbsup:

Sylar
23-08-2014, 10:58 AM

Is that better?

Do you not think your cynicism is making you look just a wee bit silly here?

It might well be a 'stupid craze' and it might well die out soon but anything that's raised millions of pounds for an oft-overlooked disease can only be a good thing, surely?

The craze started relative to a number of athletes who knew Pete Frates around the Boston area - he was a highly promising young baseball starlet who was diagnosed at the age of 27 and Bostonian athletes all did it in his honour and to raise funds for the charity that his organisation backed. If it takes getting superstar athletes and Hollywood stars getting involved to fully spread awareness amongst a wider global audience, so what?

Yes, some people will do it for personal reasons (i.e., maybe someone else they've known who suffered from cancer/MND) and some will do it to simply be involved in the craze but again, who cares? I'm willing to wager that these people/celebrities involved in this 'craze' do more for a large number of charities/good causes than those lambasting them for jumping on a bandwagon.

Edit: http://time.com/3159673/als-ice-bucket-challenge-donations/

They've raised almost as much in the past couple of months as they did in the entirety of last year!

HappyAsHellas
23-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Do you not think your cynicism is making you look just a wee bit silly here?

It might well be a 'stupid craze' and it might well die out soon but anything that's raised millions of pounds for an oft-overlooked disease can only be a good thing, surely?

The craze started relative to a number of athletes who knew Pete Frates around the Boston area - he was a highly promising young baseball starlet who was diagnosed at the age of 27 and Bostonian athletes all did it in his honour and to raise funds for the charity that his organisation backed. If it takes getting superstar athletes and Hollywood stars getting involved to fully spread awareness amongst a wider global audience, so what?

Yes, some people will do it for personal reasons (i.e., maybe someone else they've known who suffered from cancer/MND) and some will do it to simply be involved in the craze but again, who cares? I'm willing to wager that these people/celebrities involved in this 'craze' do more for a large number of charities/good causes than those lambasting them for jumping on a bandwagon.

Edit: http://time.com/3159673/als-ice-bucket-challenge-donations/

They've raised almost as much in the past couple of months as they did in the entirety of last year!

I don't think his cynicism is making him look silly. I don't think he's against charitable organisations either. This mornings papers have headlines like "wetter together" and "drench warfare" as our politicians "have" to get in on the act as well. If that makes me a cynic then so be it, but I understand exactly what he's saying. What was the George Michael lyric again....."and charity is a coat we wear twice a year"....

Jay
23-08-2014, 11:24 AM
MacMillan have raised enough to employ nine new nurses just from this challenge, no outlays just incoming money. Can't be a bad thing can it?

Sylar
23-08-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't think his cynicism is making him look silly. I don't think he's against charitable organisations either. This mornings papers have headlines like "wetter together" and "drench warfare" as our politicians "have" to get in on the act as well. If that makes me a cynic then so be it, but I understand exactly what he's saying. What was the George Michael lyric again....."and charity is a coat we wear twice a year"....

I never for a second suggested he/she was.

A lot of people out there don't ordinarily get involved with charities and if something like this makes them think about donating, even if it is only twice a year, that's a positive thing IMO as it's a donation the charity in question wouldn't have otherwise received.

It doesn't matter what vehicle is used and I'm willing to bet other charitable organisations are looking at what this has done and wondering what they can do to raise awareness for their campaigns.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't really see the issue with celebrities getting involved. A hell of a lot of charity money raised in this country comes from famous faces putting their name to it. Was Ewan McGreggot jumping on a bandwagon when he appealed for Unicef at the opening of the Commonwealth games?

A lot of charity money raised also comes from sponsorship or people doing challenges. Should we stop sponsoring people who run the London Marathon? Why should I give money to someone to run an event they obviously want to as I already have a couple of standing orders to charity? Would Children In Need raise as much as it does if the BBC just put a couple of adverts for the night? Of course not it's the chance to see newsreaders dance to Queen and somebody from Eastenders get coverwd in flour and eggs that encourages some to donate.

When all is said and done if a charity takes in 30 times what they raised in the equivalent time last year then that has to be a good thing regardless of celebrities jumping on the bandwagon or people thinking the ice bucket challenge is attention seeking or whatever. Of course people will move on to something else next week or month or year but the money raised stays where it is and can be put to good use, maybe even a small % of people will be motivated to continue supporting ALS charites or MacMillan. £40M or whatever the total is now is £40M that thanks to the challenge otherwise may not have been raised, I fail to see why that is a bad thing.

Iggy Pope
23-08-2014, 11:33 AM

Ah, George Michael. A paragon of virtue and when he speaks we should listen. And there was a man that never courted celebrity, right?

However he is an irrelevance in this. For what it's worth and celeb-bashing aside, thousands of average Joes are having a bit of fun with this while raising money for a deserving cause. As well as providing much needed publicity.
You can't see the good in this? I think maybe the 'cynicism' in the two of you is making you both look a bit silly.

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Ah, George Michael. A paragon of virtue and when he speaks we should listen. And there was a man that never courted celebrity, right?

However he is an irrelevance in this. For what it's worth and celeb-bashing aside, thousands of average Joes are having a bit of fun with this while raising money for a deserving cause. As well as providing much needed publicity.
You can't see the good in this? I think maybe the 'cynicism' in the two of you is making you both look a bit silly.

Yeah, cynicism make us look silly, whereas pouring a bucket of cold water over your head then posting it on the internet, while claiming it's al for charity makes people look perfectly sane. I'll go with that one.

:top marks

I'm perfectly happy to accept that I'm a cynic and that some other people (including your good self) can't handle folk having a different point of view.

OsloHibs
23-08-2014, 02:59 PM
:aok:

Iggy Pope
23-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Yeah, cynicism make us look silly, whereas pouring a bucket of cold water over your head then posting it on the internet, while claiming it's al for charity makes people look perfectly sane. I'll go with that one.

:top marks

I'm perfectly happy to accept that I'm a cynic and that some other people (including your good self) can't handle folk having a different point of view.

That 'different point of view' business works both ways. Otherwise you wouldn't have this forum to share all your cynicism on.

Raising money for charity and having a laugh - insane? Really?

Don't bother answering that. I've done what I should've a while back.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Rods been nominated:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=162174193892198

ekhibee
24-08-2014, 01:23 PM
There are 2 charities taking part, the ALS in USA and over here it's the McMillan Cancer Trust, I'm doing mine in a few minutes, £3 for cancer and a giggle at the same time.
I did mine this morning (24/8/14), I contribute to McMillan Cancer Trust monthly. They do tremendous work, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed pouring several buckets of ice cold water over me and filming it!

24-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Don't see why people are getting so uptight about it. Just a bit of a laugh and at the same time raising a hell of a lot of money for good causes. Some folk need to learn to lighten up

Me and my friends and family have all had a shot, had a right good giggle and have all donated to the wonderful charity MacMillan.

J-C
24-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Don't see why people are getting so uptight about it. Just a bit of a laugh and at the same time raising a hell of a lot of money for good causes. Some folk need to learn to lighten up

Me and my friends and family have all had a shot, had a right good giggle and have all donated to the wonderful charity MacMillan.

Same here spot on :top marks

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Can't we all just enjoy watching Wesley Sneijders wife?

http://youtu.be/a_O-ad7ym0E

patch1875
24-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Can't we all just enjoy watching Wesley Sneijders wife?

http://youtu.be/a_O-ad7ym0E

Yes we can

snooky
24-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Hate to be the one to throw cold water on all the fun but I think this ice bucket thing is very childish.

Sorry :wink:

J-C
24-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Hate to be the one to throw cold water on all the fun but I think this ice bucket thing is very childish.

I bet you don't like puppies, or anything related to just generally having fun, what a misery guts. :confused:

Allant1981
24-08-2014, 06:26 PM

Why do you think its childish?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-08-2014, 06:29 PM

Raising awareness for a horrible disease, hardly childish.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 07:03 PM

I don't think it's childish but I think it's out if order from Macmillan taking this over from the MND charity that started it.

J-C
24-08-2014, 07:21 PM
I don't think it's childish but I think it's out if order from Macmillan taking this over from the MND charity that started it.

Only just reading about it now, didn't realise they had hijacked it, i will now donate imediately to the ALS fund, thanks for pointing this out.:aok:

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 07:23 PM

Did they start it? Genuinely interested as to the date this all started.

J-C
24-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Did they start it? Genuinely interested as to the date this all started.

ALS started it, McMillan has indeed jumped on it and benefiting from it.

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 07:28 PM
ALS started it, McMillan has indeed jumped on it and benefiting from it.

When?

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Only just reading about it now, didn't realise they had hijacked it, i will now donate imediately to the ALS fund, thanks for pointing this out.:aok:

Good man :aok:

J-C
24-08-2014, 07:33 PM
When?

https://twitter.com/Independent/statuses/503560706701393920

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/a2166036-Anyone-have-an-opinion-on-Macmillans-approach-to-the-Ice-Bucket-Challenge

There's a good few about it on the web, tbh the ALS one was the only one I seen before we all started getting nominated

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Not on twitter. Just trying to have someone tell me if they know when it all started. These articles dated about 22nd to 24th August. Surely started long before then?

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Not on twitter. Just trying to have someone tell me if they know when it all started. These articles dated about 22nd to 24th August. Surely started long before then?

It started weeks ago - not got the date but a boy at my work done it early August.

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Reason I ask is that I did it early July the first time. The charity nominated then was entirely up to the person doing it. Curious as to when ALS started it. It was also not patented as far as I am aware also whether welike it or not people will give to charities they have some sort of affinity for. Now, I don't know the numbers for ALS but I would e pect more people are affected by cancer than MND?

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 07:50 PM

It started way back in early July as a dare game amongst some pro athletes, Greg Norman was one can't remember others. If they didn't pour icy water on their head, or another dare, they gave $100 to charity. It was basically a game amongst celebs to film themselves doing stupid stuff. No one charity was specified. An American baseball player from Boston college, Pete Frates (who was recently diagnosed with ALS) got involved and the ALS charity saw an opportunity.

Frates part in the creation of the challenge was played up and it caught on. The power of social media I suppose. A lot of the celebs involved predated Frates by a few weeks.

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 07:59 PM
The first person on my FB I can see doing it was July 3rd. As I said we were nominating whichever charity we wanted. Most of my friends doing it for Prostate Scotland or Strathcarron Hospice. We were again as I said a tenner to do it twenty if you didn't. A great initiative no matter what but really genuinely interested if ALS were fore runners and therefore have genuine reason to be peeved.

J-C
24-08-2014, 08:02 PM
After further investigation it seems that any charity is fine, the main thing is do it and donate, they all benefit.

SkintHibby
24-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Hibs are utter gash and all people here care about is chucking water over others.

No wonder Hibs are in free fall.

J-C
24-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Hibs are utter gash and all people here care about is chucking water over others.

Thank you for your input, in future please keep all thoughts you have inside your head, we would all appreciate that very much.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 08:10 PM

Aye because if this thread had never been started we'd be sitting pretty at the top of the Premiership.

SaulGoodman
24-08-2014, 08:11 PM

Jesus Christ I hope I'm biting! :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Whilst this is a football board and one would obviously expect football talk, occasionally other topics arise. There are many many things more important than football in real life.

HibernianJK
24-08-2014, 08:15 PM
It all stemmed from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCoKB_tU9ng and Macmillan have hijacked it. Poor from them IMO

SkintHibby
24-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Thank you for your input, in future please keep all thoughts you have inside your head, we would all appreciate that very much.

And that my friends is the reply you get when you care about your football club!:rolleyes:

hibs4life
24-08-2014, 08:19 PM

Oh Michty me, even if there is a tongue in this cheek, a wee bit perspective might be in order here.

SaulGoodman
24-08-2014, 08:22 PM
And that my friends is the reply you get when you care about your football club!:rolleyes:

Take it to another thread.

DTS
24-08-2014, 08:23 PM
It's a campaign to help raise awareness of the illnesses and how they are often overlooked, celebrities getting involved raise the awareness of the campaign as they have in some cases millions of followers on twitter etc. what harm does that do to it?

J-C
24-08-2014, 08:25 PM

No that is the reply you get when you make a stupid post, do you honestly think we don't care about our club, have a look at the main board and check out the amount of threads and posts related to this weekends game, lets hope in future you don't become ill and need help from any charities the ice bucket helps.

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 08:26 PM

Oh I care about my football team alright sonny. I care about my own health and that of my family one helluva lot more though.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 08:29 PM

:faf::faf:

SkintHibby
24-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Apologies. Read one comment and wondered why this was on a Hibs forum.

Never knew anything about why people were pouring water on others.:thumbsup:

Northernhibee
24-08-2014, 08:40 PM
It's a campaign to help raise awareness of the illnesses and how they are often overlooked, celebrities getting involved raise the awareness of the campaign as they have in some cases millions of followers on twitter etc. what harm does that do to it?

Because as soon as you get celebrities involved in anything it becomes less about the message and more about "Hahaha! Victoria Beckham just had a bucket of water poured over her! Haha!".

I was challenged but turned it down, but did donate ten pounds to WaterAid.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 08:51 PM

:hilarious

Brightside
24-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Apologies. Read one comment and wondered why this was on a Hibs forum.

Never knew anything about why people were pouring water on others.:thumbsup:

I can only assume you've been chained to a radiator with Terry Waite if you really didn't know about the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2014, 08:56 PM
I can only assume you've been chained to a radiator with Terry Waite if you really didn't know about the Ice Bucket Challenge.

They let Terry go ages ago mate. :agree:

Don't know if he's taken up the ice bucket challenge yet though. :dunno:

snooky
25-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I bet you don't like puppies, or anything related to just generally having fun, what a misery guts. :confused:

Whoosh!
And just because I say I don't find 'slapstick' humour funny doesn't necessarily mean ...
a) I don't like puppies
b) I don't have a sense of humour
c) I don't have the utmost respect for charities and the people who collect & donate to them.

But thanks for asking anyway,
Buckets of fun to all
Ol' Misery Guts :greengrin

Keith_M
26-08-2014, 10:39 AM
The Playmates at the Playboy Mansion have taken part (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/25/playmates-take-on-ice-bucket-challenge/) in the Ice Bucket Challenge. Playboy will donate the princely sum of $100 dollars for every Playmate doused in water

It's all good clean fun.............