PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Deadline Day

Waxy
22-08-2014, 07:46 AM
When is this? Can't be far away now.It's sometimes different from the English TDD.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2014, 07:46 AM
When is this? Can't be far away now.It's sometimes different from the English TDD.

Monday 1st September 11pm

Keith_M
22-08-2014, 08:56 AM
After a lot of speculation that we'd, for once, have the squad sorted out early this year, it looks like we are going to have an interest in Deadline Day after all.

I can just imagine it being dominated by posts along the lines of 'now that we didn't get Griffiths, who are we signing instead?'

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2014, 09:01 AM
After a lot of speculation that we'd, for once, have the squad sorted out early this year, it looks like we are going to have an interest in Deadline Day after all.

I can just imagine it being dominated by posts along the lines of 'now that we didn't get Griffiths, who are we signing instead?'

Going by Stubbs' comments this morning, maybe we won't have an interest in TDD. Worrying that we may be prepared to go into the next 4 months with a squad with so little depth

Matty_Jack04
22-08-2014, 09:03 AM

I think snacks and dinner choices will dominate, I love deadline day even the flat ones like January's offering but I do wish we had it all done with maybe bringing in if someone leaves but we need to do more business before the 1st that much is certain

emerald green
22-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Going by Stubbs' comments this morning, maybe we won't have an interest in TDD. Worrying that we may be prepared to go into the next 4 months with a squad with so little depth

What was AS saying? I've had a suspicion for a while now, because of the deafening silence from ER on the signings front, that Hibs will not be making any further signings before TDD because the money is simply not there. Or, those running the club will not "speculate to accumulate" as has been suggested elsewhere on these forums.

If that's the case, we have very little chance of winning this league this season IMO. A few injuries and suspensions and we are toiling.

I hope I'm totally wrong though.

Ozyhibby
22-08-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm not confident we will have any interest.
I get the feeling the club are settling for a prolonged stay in the championship.
Our lack if activity is a real kick in the teeth after last season.

Scottie
22-08-2014, 09:26 AM
NO MONEY. = NO NEW FACE'S COMING INTO ER. :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
22-08-2014, 09:27 AM

What managers are saying and what happens are two different things IMO especially coming up to deadline day, I am sure Hibs will have offers in place for 3 or 4 players however the players are likely to have options also.

Lets see where we are on the 1st though IMO we do need 2 or 3 players in especially if we are going to be getting players sent off at the rate we currently are.

JimBHibees
22-08-2014, 09:28 AM
I'm not confident we will have any interest.
I get the feeling the club are settling for a prolonged stay in the championship.
Our lack if activity is a real kick in the teeth after last season.

Makes complete sense that :rolleyes:

scuttle
22-08-2014, 09:45 AM
The prospect of a few injuries and suspensions before January will dictate that we will bring in a couple of new faces on or before TDD............surely.

brog
22-08-2014, 09:48 AM

What comments were these? I just listened to his 9 minute interview on Hibs TV from yesterday & there was no mention of transfers. He was however refreshingly open & honest re Nelson. Basically said at his age he needed to be playing & he couldn't guarantee him first team football at ER. Praised his professionalism & his performance on Sunday.

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2014, 09:54 AM
What comments were these? I just listened to his 9 minute interview on Hibs TV from yesterday & there was no mention of transfers. He was however refreshingly open & honest re Nelson. Basically said at his age he needed to be playing & he couldn't guarantee him first team football at ER. Praised his professionalism & his performance on Sunday.

Just his comments in the Scotsman. It looks like 1 in, 1 out at best so if Nelson goes, we'll see another centre half. It's players further up the park we need tho.

The comment - “But nothing’s changed. I think Nels may have one or two options and there may be some movement over the next few days on that. I hope that would allow me to bring someone else in. I don’t really want to be losing someone and not bringing another one in. We are actively making progress on that front.”

Waxy
31-08-2014, 12:55 PM
One minute we have a Farid and Leigh forward line.Next we have neither.
Do we sign two forwards tomorrow?

Diclonius
31-08-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm predicting the usual deadline day disappointment of loans or journeymen. Both if we're lucky.

I'd love to be proven wrong but history suggests that is very unlikely. We have no ambition and no drive.

sleeping giant
31-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm predicting the usual deadline day disappointment of loans or journeymen. Both if we're lucky.

I'd love to be proven wrong but history suggests that is very unlikely. We have no ambition and no drive.

I have that feeling too.
Really hope that I'm wetting the bed too early but we still seem a shambles .
What a sorry state of affairs.

Waxy
31-08-2014, 01:51 PM
The state we are in just now it might be better if we got Leigh later. Maybe next window or further. He'd be wasted playing with some of the current players we have.

basehibby
31-08-2014, 03:07 PM
The injury to Farrid has surely set the cat amongst Stubbs & Leanne's transfer deadline pigeon coop. There is absolutely nothing for it - we HAVE to sign at least one striker and a good one at that - promising might-be loanees and wandering has been journeymen will be a gamble when what we need is a proven goal scorer (or two) at this level or above.

I'll be watching in with more hope than expectation as I'll be amazed if "the winds of change" blow in anything more than our standard "who-he?" grade of deadline day signing.

southsider
31-08-2014, 03:14 PM
The state we are in just now it might be better if we got Leigh later. Maybe next window or further. He'd be wasted playing with some of the current players we have.
TBH Leigh could play the mugs in this league own his own. Saved us from going down on his own, or just about, the last time he was here. Would bring back the memory of when the late, great Joe Baker returned. Easter Road was buzzing.

Smartie
31-08-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm a bit concerned at what transfer deadline day may bring and more importantly how our business may be perceived by our own fans.

All the Griffiths talk has whipped us up into a frenzy and it's going to be very difficult for Hibs to meet our now sky-high expectations.

Before Farid joined could we regard him as anything other than a journeyman? Is Kennedy anything other than a promising youngster with very limited first-team experience? What about David Gray's cv? Man Utd youth ( a bit like Colin Murdock) then journeyman at best.

Yet all of these players have breathed life into the team and have highlighted further how poor some of those that remain from before are.

I am almost sure there will be disappointment tomorrow. But let's give anyone who comes in a chance before writing them off.

DH1875
31-08-2014, 03:22 PM
What's happening with the guy's from Everton? Any of them likely to come?

Keith_M
31-08-2014, 03:22 PM
NO MONEY. = NO NEW FACE'S COMING INTO ER. :rolleyes:

How come Hearts managed to sign enough new players to have a 100% record and top of the league? They surely can't have all that much more ST money than us.

What they DID do was show some intent instead of waiting until the ST sales started. They signed players, Fans were encouraged, ST sales go up.

How is it SO difficult for Hibs to do that?

Diclonius
31-08-2014, 03:25 PM
How come Hearts managed to sign enough new players to have a 100% record and top of the league? They surely can't have all that much more ST money than us.

What they DID do was show some intent instead of waiting until the ST sales started. They signed players, Fans were encouraged, ST sales go up.

:top marks

Spike Mandela
31-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Even if Leigh signs tomorrow the frailties in our team all over the park are too numerous to mention. If anybody still thinks Hibs are serious title or promotion candidates they are deluding themselves.

Ronniekirk
31-08-2014, 03:31 PM
What's happening with the guy's from Everton? Any of them likely to come?
Stubbs has indicated no as the ones he wants are getting on bench for their European games and they won't risk letting them go so unless they have a changed of heart that one is clear cut

rcarter1
31-08-2014, 03:33 PM

One day we will have new owners who understand football, and their supporters. I may be 6 feet under by then, but Im convinced that one day in the future, we will start a season full of intent at every level, and hit the ground running, and not take the foot off the gas until the last kick of the ball of the season.

southsider
31-08-2014, 03:34 PM

It helped by not paying about £40 million of debt they had accrued. They and The rangers are **** so never forget that. Both Dundee Utd and Aberdeen done deals with their banks to write off their debts. Time to take the mits off, free the funds and get some streetfighters in.

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2014, 03:35 PM

They are doing better because they brought in the right players to compliment what was there already

yankyhibby
31-08-2014, 03:35 PM

My sentiments also.

Ronniekirk
31-08-2014, 03:37 PM

That's the question that needs put to Leeann in these consultation meetings as I it's a mystery to me why we don't learn from others and get things right .We just seem to repeat the same mistakes but with different managers and different personnel .

Waxy
31-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Maybe this would be a good year to dump our own debt? Every other club seem to have done it.

yankyhibby
31-08-2014, 03:57 PM
QUOTE=Waxy;4150327]Maybe this would be a good year to dump our own debt? Every other club seem to have done it.[/QUOTE]

It really does beg the question: why not adopt the Hearts and The Rangers approach to finances? Debt's written off whilst still being able to recruit players on OTT salaries. Unsustainability is completely disregarded.The worst case scenario is a repeat of the same - administration, two fingers up to all the creditors and start all over again -and yes, retain the history and all the honours won fairly or otherwise.

Keith_M
31-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Will it be like this...

:partyhibb

...this...

:tumble:

....or maybe this?

:soapbox:

Smiggy 7-0
31-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Suggestion to admins..................Please make it members only until after tomorrow......too many Yams looking in especially on the Griffiths thread.

Deansy
31-08-2014, 06:10 PM
It really does beg the question: why not adopt the Hearts and The Rangers approach to finances? Debt's written off whilst still being able to recruit players on OTT salaries. Unsustainability is completely disregarded.The worst case scenario is a repeat of the same - administration, two fingers up to all the creditors and start all over again -and yes, retain the history and all the honours won fairly or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Typical short-sighted opinion of the selfish fan - no care or thought for THE most important, vital people in our club - THE BOARD !

Administration would/could mean the end of these director's careers - would we really want to do that all for the sake of a football-club with a few thousand fans and a long history ??. Shame on us !

31-08-2014, 06:22 PM

Agreed. I understand the whole idea of taking our time to get the right players instead of quickly bringing in anyone. However, after last season, the fans were (understandably) very low, demoralised, angry and many unwilling to renew ST's as a result of this. We NEEDED to do something that gave the fans a lift, that gave the fans something to feel optimistic about.

I don't know what (if any) deals hibs have lined up for tomorrow but the current squad is nowhere near good enough to win promotion, especially now that we are looking now at our main striker being out a few months. Griffiths would have been a fantastic signing, it would certainly have given the place a lift but we can't depend on one signing taking us from very average (at best) to title pushers, our problems in the team are far bigger than that i'm afraid.

I hate to admit it but look at hearts - I know they had been preparing for the championship long long before us, however, they assembled their squad early and got them playing well together. We pissed about for too long when it came to getting in players and now still have a very weak squad, still consisting of too many of the gutless no marks that got us relegated.

Sorry for the doom and gloom post but thats how I see it atm. I hope by tuesday when all the transfers are done i'm feeling more optimistic.

gegs70
31-08-2014, 06:24 PM
One minute we have a Farid and Leigh forward line.Next we have neither.
Do we sign two forwards tomorrow?

Yes wouldn't want to continue with heff etc

31-08-2014, 06:25 PM
QUOTE=Waxy;4150327]Maybe this would be a good year to dump our own debt? Every other club seem to have done it.

It really does beg the question: why not adopt the Hearts and The Rangers approach to finances? Debt's written off whilst still being able to recruit players on OTT salaries. Unsustainability is completely disregarded.The worst case scenario is a repeat of the same - administration, two fingers up to all the creditors and start all over again -and yes, retain the history and all the honours won fairly or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

It would be the easy option to do what the huns and the mini huns did and rob and thieve to cheat our way to success. However, look at the big picture - would I really want to rob charities and small businesses just for a bit of football success. no.

bingo70
31-08-2014, 06:32 PM

The club will argue it's because they had a new manager in place before us abd levein will have been scouting players fir months prior to officially taking over. Fair argument to an extent but the delay in punting butcher is what's really cost us here, giving him a wee fortnight holiday before the poor wee sausage had to get a bit bad news is a complete joke. Should have been sacked immediately.

One other difference which I do think is valid is that hearts didn't start the season with confidence completely sapped from the club, not for a second am I blaming the fans but it has been a factor.

All that said, I agree with you, the club have shown no intent to try and get us promoted. They're just hoping for the best and expecting the fans to just turn up and take it.

Thecat23
31-08-2014, 06:36 PM
What is clear here is no matter what happens regarding players arriving tomorrow Leigh or what have you. The board have done it all wrong again. We are 6 players short of being just good. Not even very good!

They themselves called it the wind of change. Well where it matters which is on the pitch no change has happened. We are still losing game but in a league lower than before. We are still scrambling for signatures on the last day as before, and we are no where near ready to compete for the top spot.

This means one thing... Rod Petire LIED! He said when LD came in this would change well it hasn't. I was shot down for attacking him before yet I know now for a fact I was right!

Oh one other thing I was going to leave off but to be honest I don't care anymore. Me Petrie still over looks all transfer deals that come in and go out! He still controls wages as well.

Back seat?? Sure! This will all come out anyway soon enough. But it's time folk knew the truth.

bingo70
31-08-2014, 06:37 PM
What is clear here is no matter what happens regarding players arriving tomorrow Leigh or what have you. The board have done it all wrong again. We are 6 players short of being just good. Not even very good!

They themselves called it the wind of change. Well where it matters which is on the pitch no change has happened. We are still losing game but in a league lower than before. We are still scrambling for signatures on the last day as before, and we are no where near ready to compete for the top spot.

This means one thing... Rod Petire LIED! He said when LD came in this would change well it hasn't. I was shot down for attacking him before yet I know now for a fact I was right!

Oh one other thing I was going to leave off but to be honest I don't care anymore. Me Petrie still over looks all transfer deals that come in and go out! He still controls wages as well.

Back seat?? Sure! This will all come out anyway soon enough. But it's time folk knew the truth.

Was it not dempster that came out with that wind of change pish?

Thecat23
31-08-2014, 06:42 PM

No before she was appointed we were told change is coming. Things are about to improve and the club can and will go into a new direction. Then she came in.

Maybe she carried it on mate I don't know. These are empty words from a board that's failed us. The proof is we are in the championship and sitting down the wrong end. How far do we drop before they get the hell away from ER.

bingo70
31-08-2014, 06:44 PM
No before she was appointed we were told change is coming. Things are about to improve and the club can and will go into a new direction. Then she came in.

Maybe she carried it on mate I don't know. These are empty words from a board that's failed us. The proof is we are in the championship and sitting down the wrong end. How far do we drop before they get the hell away from ER.

Consultation tomorrow night though, that'll make all the difference.

southsider
31-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Maybe this would be a good year to dump our own debt? Every other club seem to have done it.
We don't have to do much to do this. All scottish banks are desperate to shed football debt, even it means a big hit. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have each shed millions of debt in the last year. We seem to be the only club that plays by the rules. What good does it do ?

Aldo
31-08-2014, 07:00 PM

She did however say that the clubs main aim this season was promotion!!

We shall see what happens tomorrow then.

Diclonius
01-09-2014, 12:48 AM

"Wind of change" was a stock Petrie statement released as we were heading for the Championship.

Jim44
01-09-2014, 07:12 AM
"Wind of change" was a stock Petrie statement released as we were heading for the Championship.

.......... in other words, 'farting against thunder'. :-)

stokesmessiah
01-09-2014, 08:23 AM
09:07Here's some early-morning news for you...
Sporting Gijon striker Stefan Scepovic has pulled out (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29009641) of a transfer to Celtic. The 24-year-old Serbian international had agreed a four-year deal with the Scottish champions, who had arranged a medical and work permit for him.
However, Celtic were informed on Sunday that Scepovic had decided against a move to Scotland.