PDA

View Full Version : Alloa v Hibernian. Pre match drinks

weecounty hibby
21-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Posted on another thread but started new thread on advice from someone else. See below. Ta

Right folks. I am a lifelong Hibby and long time member of the Alloa branch and also a long time member of Alloa rugby club. The club would like to extend an invitation to visiting Hibbies as Alloa town centre only has half a dozen pubs and 2000 Hibbies will struggle to get in!! We can cater for 120 (2 busloads)so if you are interested, the first 2 organisers who reply to me can book into the club. We are about a 15 minute walk to Recreation Park and buses can be parked at the club till after the match if required. I think that some of the Alloa Hibs boys will be down and I'll be serving behind the bar. So if you want to put a face to the slavering pish of Spike Mandella give me a shout. Cheers. This invite will not be extended to the visiting yam and huns. Edit. No PMs on phone as PC is goosed and don't think I can get PMs on phones

Pretty Boy
21-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Fantastic offer.

Sure you'll have plenty people keen to take you up on it.

IFONLY
21-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Posted on another thread but started new thread on advice from someone else. See below. Ta

Right folks. I am a lifelong Hibby and long time member of the Alloa branch and also a long time member of Alloa rugby club. The club would like to extend an invitation to visiting Hibbies as Alloa town centre only has half a dozen pubs and 2000 Hibbies will struggle to get in!! We can cater for 120 (2 busloads)so if you are interested, the first 2 organisers who reply to me can book into the club. We are about a 15 minute walk to Recreation Park and buses can be parked at the club till after the match if required. I think that some of the Alloa Hibs boys will be down and I'll be serving behind the bar. So if you want to put a face to the slavering pish of Spike Mandella give me a shout. Cheers. This invite will not be extended to the visiting yam and huns. Edit. No PMs on phone as PC is goosed and don't think I can get PMs on phones

You have a P.M.

weecounty hibby
21-08-2014, 08:26 PM
You have a P.M.

Ive replied, i think! phones and me being a technophobe are a bad combo.

Spoonjilloun
21-08-2014, 08:34 PM
How do I pm? We have a minibus of 16 if u'll have us haha. Would be perfect for parking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IFONLY
21-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Ive replied, i think! phones and me being a technophobe are a bad combo.

Nothing received yet

Spoonjilloun
21-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Ignore! Done it

weecounty hibby
21-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Nothing received yet

I've tried again but not sure its gone. I got your number so will call you tomorrow to organise it. Whats best time to call?

weecounty hibby
21-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Ignore! Done it

Got your PM but i don't seem able to reply! PM a mobile number and best time to phone and I'll call you tomorrow

IFONLY
21-08-2014, 09:11 PM
I've tried again but not sure its gone. I got your number so will call you tomorrow to organise it. Whats best time to call?

Cheers......after 7-00pm will do.

weecounty hibby
24-08-2014, 05:56 PM
How do I pm? We have a minibus of 16 if u'll have us haha. Would be perfect for parking too.

Spoonjilloun PM sent and message left on phone. Can you bet back to me please. Ta
Anyone else interested give me PM. Still have some room. Cheers

Stranraer
24-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Where are some decent pubs for those of us who go on our own? Apologies if this is not the appropriative thread but I'll be leaving Glasgow in plenty of time

Spike Mandela
24-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Cheeky *******:greengrin

weecounty hibby
24-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Where are some decent pubs for those of us who go on our own? Apologies if this is not the appropriative thread but I'll be leaving Glasgow in plenty of time

There genuinely are only a handful of pubs left in the town so here goes on a rundown
Station Hotel. Good old fashioned mans pub. Alloa supporters club meets there. Primrose Bar as above good old fashioned mans bar. Star Bar ditto. Thistle bar/junction. Decent bar as the others with a lounge as well. Wither spoons, as you would expect. Old Brewery, trendier of the pubs and probably the biggest in town. All of these will be ok but be very prepared to bump into many many Huns!! Peppes bar, Celtic pub so should be ok but be prepared to be patronised as their wee cousins and tales of the old country from guys who have never left Scotland. The Bank, full of the biggest nuggets on the planet, only to be used in an emergency. There is Weir pumps club but it is members only usually but would be ok if you can get in. Unfortunately a wee bit down on the towns heyday of about 27 pubs😢. Good luck and don't let the amount of Huns give you the wrong idea of Alloa!!

weecounty hibby
24-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Cheeky *******:greengrin

You heading down rugby club? Might even buy you a drink!!

Spike Mandela
24-08-2014, 06:43 PM
You heading down rugby club? Might even buy you a drink!!

You know I'm working nights so it will only be a soft drink ya tight git!

See you there.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2014, 06:44 PM
There genuinely are only a handful of pubs left in the town so here goes on a rundown
Station Hotel. Good old fashioned mans pub. Alloa supporters club meets there. Primrose Bar as above good old fashioned mans bar. Star Bar ditto. Thistle bar/junction. Decent bar as the others with a lounge as well. Wither spoons, as you would expect. Old Brewery, trendier of the pubs and probably the biggest in town. All of these will be ok but be very prepared to bump into many many Huns!! Peppes bar, Celtic pub so should be ok but be prepared to be patronised as their wee cousins and tales of the old country from guys who have never left Scotland. The Bank, full of the biggest nuggets on the planet, only to be used in an emergency. There is Weir pumps club but it is members only usually but would be ok if you can get in. Unfortunately a wee bit down on the towns heyday of about 27 pubs. Good luck and don't let the amount of Huns give you the wrong idea of Alloa!!

Any relatively close to the ground?

MSK
24-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Station Hotel. Good old fashioned mans pub. Alloa supporters club meets there. Primrose Bar as above good old fashioned mans bar. Star Bar ditto. Thistle bar/junction. Decent bar as the others with a lounge as well. Wither spoons, as you would expect. Old Brewery, trendier of the pubs and probably the biggest in town. All of these will be ok but be very prepared to bump into many many Huns!! Peppes bar, Celtic pub so should be ok but be prepared to be patronised as their wee cousins and tales of the old country from guys who have never left Scotland. The Bank, full of the biggest nuggets on the planet, only to be used in an emergency. There is Weir pumps club but it is members only usually but would be ok if you can get in. Unfortunately a wee bit down on the towns heyday of about 27 pubs. Good luck and don't let the amount of Huns give you the wrong idea of Alloa!!Ah, the Primrose ..remember when old mr Greasley ran the place ..many moons back ..

weecounty hibby
24-08-2014, 06:52 PM
I forgot about Crams bar. A great wee pub!! Again a proper old pub but 25 folk fill it!! My living room is bigger

weecounty hibby
24-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Any relatively close to the ground?

Clearly you've never been to the metropolis that is Alloa😀. Everything is close by. All the pubs in the town are 10 mins from the ground!!

Billy Whizz
24-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Clearly you've never been to the metropolis that is Alloa😀. Everything is close by. All the pubs in the town are 10 mins from the ground!!

What about car parking?

weecounty hibby
24-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Ah, the Primrose ..remember when old mr Greasley ran the place ..many moons back ..

I played for the Prim football team back then when I was about 16. It really hasn't changed much

weecounty hibby
24-08-2014, 07:00 PM
What about car parking?

There is a small car park at the ground. A large Morrisons car park 5mins away. Large Tescos and Asda that have decent sized car parks in the town centre, again only 10 mins from ground.

Billy Whizz
24-08-2014, 07:04 PM
There is a small car park at the ground. A large Morrisons car park 5mins away. Large Tescos and Asda that have decent sized car parks in the town centre, again only 10 mins from ground.

Thanks, driven by the ground a few times in recent times, but didn't think we'd been be playing there sometime soon

Stranraer
24-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Station Hotel. Good old fashioned mans pub. Alloa supporters club meets there. Primrose Bar as above good old fashioned mans bar. Star Bar ditto. Thistle bar/junction. Decent bar as the others with a lounge as well. Wither spoons, as you would expect. Old Brewery, trendier of the pubs and probably the biggest in town. All of these will be ok but be very prepared to bump into many many Huns!! Peppes bar, Celtic pub so should be ok but be prepared to be patronised as their wee cousins and tales of the old country from guys who have never left Scotland. The Bank, full of the biggest nuggets on the planet, only to be used in an emergency. There is Weir pumps club but it is members only usually but would be ok if you can get in. Unfortunately a wee bit down on the towns heyday of about 27 pubs. Good luck and don't let the amount of Huns give you the wrong idea of Alloa!!

Thanks a lot for that, looks like I'll be giving the Primrose bar a go :aok:

MSK
24-08-2014, 07:07 PM
I played for the Prim football team back then when I was about 16. It really hasn't changed muchWas like stepping back in time when ye entered that place ..:greengrin

Do you know a Tam Wilson who travels or used to travel on the Alloa bus with his friend Eddie ?

weecounty hibby
25-08-2014, 10:11 PM
We have 1 bus and 1 minibus booked in to the rugby club. Anyone else interested PM me. Cheers

jockodile
26-08-2014, 04:07 AM
alloa, i remember it well from my days as the token Stirling Hibee. I recall wondering if my car would still be in the car parkopposite the Thistle after racing at the last min to the connecting bus to ER prior to the away leg at Anderlecht in 92.

Does treetops still exist or is it long gone? That was the most upscale place i think. Ventured by chance on another occasin to a place called theShip which had a bit of an edge. Later told by alloa hibees it was rough as hell. Does this still exist.

Back of dyke i vaguely recall going to after the Clackmannan council Xmas party one year.

Ah nostolgia!

Lucius Apuleius
26-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Token Stirling Hibee? There are hunners o us! :-)

Keith_M
26-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Token Stirling Hibee? There are hunners o us! :-)

You should organise a supporters bus

:wink:

Lucius Apuleius
26-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Used to be the bus left Alloa, picked up us Causewayhead folks, on to St Ninians and picked up there. Things changed in life though. Not so many hibees through where I stay now and most of them come in the car with me and funnily enough all have the same surname. ;-)

Keith_M
26-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Used to be the bus left Alloa, picked up us Causewayhead folks, on to St Ninians and picked up there. Things changed in life though. Not so many hibees through where I stay now and most of them come in the car with me and funnily enough all have the same surname. ;-)

I travelled on the bus a few times in the mid 90s and remember a few people being picked up at the roundabout in Causewayhead, so we might have actually met before.

I was the one without the funny handshake :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
26-08-2014, 11:17 AM
I travelled on the bus a few times in the mid 90s and remember a few people being picked up at the roundabout in Causewayhead, so we might have actually met before.

I was the one without the funny handshake :wink:

:greengrin Might have done mate. By that time I was through in Dunipace so car would have been the preferred mode of transport. Either that or picked up at Grangemouth.

Stranraer
26-08-2014, 01:20 PM
My ticket arrived this morning - I was wondering how many away fans we will take, are there still tickets available?

Just the 5 pints before K/O for me, surrounded by Huns or not.

weecounty hibby
26-08-2014, 05:13 PM
alloa, i remember it well from my days as the token Stirling Hibee. I recall wondering if my car would still be in the car parkopposite the Thistle after racing at the last min to the connecting bus to ER prior to the away leg at Anderlecht in 92.

Does treetops still exist or is it long gone? That was the most upscale place i think. Ventured by chance on another occasin to a place called theShip which had a bit of an edge. Later told by alloa hibees it was rough as hell. Does this still exist.

Back of dyke i vaguely recall going to after the Clackmannan council Xmas party one year.

Ah nostolgia!

None of the pubs you mention now exist!!! The town has been decimated when it comes to drinking places. Even some of the bowling clubs have closed. Anderlecht away was probably the best Alloa Hibs outing ever!!!

Spike Mandela
26-08-2014, 06:16 PM
None of the pubs you mention now exist!!! The town has been decimated when it comes to drinking places. Even some of the bowling clubs have closed. Anderlecht away was probably the best Alloa Hibs outing ever!!!

Wow was that really 22 years ago.:shocked: Great trip, those were the days.

Lucius Apuleius
27-08-2014, 08:44 AM

I was supposed to be there. I started decorating the house that day. I had something sitting in the back of my head that I should be elsewhere but could not for the life of me think where it was. :-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-08-2014, 08:49 AM

29/9/92 makes it more than half my lifetime ago which is indeed quite scary! By coincidence I'll be in Brussels on the same date this year too.

jockodile
27-08-2014, 09:50 AM
29/9/92 makes it more than half my lifetime ago which is indeed quite scary! By coincidence I'll be in Brussels on the same date this year too.

I still have a few photos from that trip, supping up beers in the Grand Platz with likes of myself, Scott M, Denis L & Davy M.
I'd need to figure out how to scan them, and put on instragram (or whatever) though if anyone is interested.

john

Spike Mandela
27-08-2014, 09:56 AM
I still have a few photos from that trip, supping up beers in the Grand Platz with likes of myself, Scott M, Denis L & Davy M.
I'd need to figure out how to scan them, and put on instragram (or whatever) though if anyone is interested.

john

See if you can upload them on a PM John.

DM

johnrebus
27-08-2014, 11:53 AM

Ah nostolgia!

The Ship Inn is long since demolished and the Back o Dykes closed years ago. I've not lived in Alloa for over thirty years, but on the rare occasions I go back, it's still as chock full of Huns as it always was.

At a funeral a couple of years back, was chatting to old friends about Hearts/Romanov situation etc. None of them had a clue what I was on about or were the least bit interested in anything not Old Firm related.

:boo hoo:

weecounty hibby
27-08-2014, 07:48 PM

john

Spike has a belter of me and him in the Grand Platz. I think he may even have bought a round on that trip!!! 5 Jupiler😄😄😄😄

ano hibby
28-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Anyone know how ticket sales are going?
I had 3 but went on yesterday and got another no problem.
Thought we only got 1000 or so...?

silverhibee
28-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Surprised we haven't sold out our allocation yet.

S4uzee
28-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Anyone know how ticket sales are going?
I had 3 but went on yesterday and got another no problem.
Thought we only got 1000 or so...?

Hibs twitter said we've sold 1100 so far. Thought we would've sold more tbh. Don't know what our allocation is

PatHead
28-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Hibs twitter said we've sold 1100 so far. Thought we would've sold more tbh. Don't know what our allocation is

Allocation is around 2000 so plenty left. Don't know if PATG is available as police decision not made yet. If you want one you better go to ER to be safe

weecounty hibby
28-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Travel update. The main road into Alloa off the clackmannanshire bridge has roadworks on it and they're meant to go on for another week. This means a diversion through a wee town called Clackmannan. At busy times it is a ****** nightmare. May be best to leave in plenty of time on Saturday

Billy Whizz
28-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Any idea what part of the stadium the drum player will be, and his associates

silverhibee
28-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Any idea what part of the stadium the drum player will be, and his associates

You wanting to join in. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2014, 12:36 PM
In the Star Inn watching the Man U game, small collection of Hibs fans dotted about the place.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Had a good sing song with a few other Hibbies in The Thistle yesterday watching Soccer Saturday. The locals didnae know what was going on.

eastterrace
31-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Had a good sing song with a few other Hibbies in The Thistle yesterday watching Soccer Saturday. The locals didnae know what was going on.

yes heard you lot when i passed about 6.30 , sounded like you were having a great time bet the bar staff were happy with the noise , still they got a few quid out of it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2014, 05:00 PM
I cannae take the blame for that, I was back in The Star Inn/Wetherspoons by then! :-)