PDA

View Full Version : An insight into Athletic Club

R11Loaded
19-08-2014, 09:58 PM
http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primera-division/15/blog/post/1992233/athletic-stand-by-their-principles-graham-hunter

I thought I'd give this article a share, perhaps there is something in how they have designed their club that we could look into...

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Ozyhibby
19-08-2014, 10:02 PM
I'd love us to only play Scottish players. I know that would mean no Latapy and Sauzee but for me it would be worth it.

NYHibby
20-08-2014, 06:42 AM
I'd love us to only play Scottish players. I know that would mean no Latapy and Sauzee but for me it would be worth it.

How would it be worth it? Given the amount of complaining on here, how much worse would it have been if we didn't have at least certain English players over the past few years let alone other players.

While you left it unstated, your post is implying something dangerous. Do you really place a greater value on only playing X players over winning?

easty
20-08-2014, 06:51 AM
How would it be worth it? Given the amount of complaining on here, how much worse would it have been if we didn't have at least certain English players over the past few years let alone other players.

While you left it unstated, your post is implying something dangerous. Do you really place a greater value on only playing X players over winning?

Dangerous, how?

marinello59
20-08-2014, 07:01 AM

So Irish players would not be allowed to play for Hibs? :devil:

NYHibby
20-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Dangerous, how?

Best case, he is suggesting that a player's identity should be a consideration alongside the player's ability and actions. He then suggests that choosing players with a certain identity has some value over those with a different one.

easty
20-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Best case, he is suggesting that a player's identity should be a consideration alongside the player's ability and actions. He then suggests that choosing players with a certain identity has some value over those with a different one.

Nah. He doesn't.

Keith_M
20-08-2014, 08:53 AM
So Irish players would not be allowed to play for Hibs? :devil:

I would allow ONLY Irish players, and only if they regularly attend Mass and Confession

:wink:

Nameless
20-08-2014, 09:16 AM
I'd love to see 11 lads from the Lothians start for hibs. If the choice is between a Scot and an 'x' of equal ability, I want the Scot 100% of the time - there is nothing wrong or xenophobic about that.

Turkish Green
20-08-2014, 09:35 AM
I'd love to see 11 lads from the Lothians start for hibs. If the choice is between a Scot and an 'x' of equal ability, I want the Scot 100% of the time - there is nothing wrong or xenophobic about that.

Basically what you are extolling is only players that have come through the academy. No transfers in.

R11Loaded
20-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Basically what you are extolling is only players that have come through the academy. No transfers in.

If we done this, the players would have an affiliation with the club, furthermore the top class ones would be sold and we could reinvest into our academy to make the coaching of our youngsters better for the next batch.

Nameless
20-08-2014, 10:16 AM

To a point, but that also doesn't rule out the purchase of homegrown players from other Scottish clubs either.

VivaHiberņa
20-08-2014, 01:52 PM
If we done this, the players would have an affiliation with the club, furthermore the top class ones would be sold and we could reinvest into our academy to make the coaching of our youngsters better for the next batch.

:agree: I've never thought it a coincidence that the best Hibs teams have always had plenty of "proper Hibs men" in them. That's definitely a factor in Athletic's success too.

ekhibee
20-08-2014, 11:43 PM
http://youtu.be/4xxIvjBWB2s

Unseen work
20-08-2014, 11:47 PM
The amount of stick our youth players get is unbeleivable so a whole team of them.... Can't see that going down well and we would most likely be in the 3rd division

Waxy
21-08-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm sure athletico Alloa only play Scottish players.