PDA

View Full Version : Leeann Dempster Invites Input From Fans

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 11:32 AM
“It will be an opportunity to come and speak directly to us, on a one-to-one basis, on a group basis and there will also be a digital element as well. We are just wanting to get involved in meaningful discussions about the future of the club."

“nothing is off the table”

Evening News (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-chief-exec-leeann-dempster-invites-input-from-fans-1-3513746)

Everybody enjoys putting over their point of view on here so there should be loads of DotNet posters turning up to get their message over in person.

:wink:

Thecat23
19-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Hi Leeann, sign Leigh and we'll win the league and the fans will buy more season tickets, ok bye Leeann.

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Hi Leeann, sign Leigh and we'll win the league and the fans will buy more season tickets, ok bye Leeann.

Is that what you're going to say to her?

You missed out "stamps feet when she says no" :wink:

Thecat23
19-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Already have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
19-08-2014, 12:04 PM
“It will be an opportunity to come and speak directly to us, on a one-to-one basis, on a group basis and there will also be a digital element as well. We are just wanting to get involved in meaningful discussions about the future of the club."

“nothing is off the table”

Evening News (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-chief-exec-leeann-dempster-invites-input-from-fans-1-3513746)

Everybody enjoys putting over their point of view on here so there should be loads of DotNet posters turning up to get their message over in person.

Why can't she just use the account she has on here to answer questions from Hibs fans.

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Why can't she just use the account she has on here to answer questions from Hibs fans.

I believe you need the correct handshake first.

silverhibee
19-08-2014, 12:16 PM

That's me "out" then.

Ozyhibby
19-08-2014, 12:24 PM
I'd be keen to know when we are going to sign a creative attacking midfielder?

DaveF
19-08-2014, 12:26 PM

Maybe we fall under the digital element? Though I doubt it :rolleyes:

The_Exile
19-08-2014, 12:26 PM

We did, he's sat on the bench the last few games though :grr:

Lago
19-08-2014, 12:51 PM
I take It you know for a fact he's for sale.

Thecat23
19-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Well for one every player at every club is for sale for the right price. I also never said buy him I said sign him on loan.

Next question 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststandwanab
19-08-2014, 01:03 PM

That did not work for me !

Maybe we fall under the digital element? Though I doubt it :rolleyes:

Burned by numbers !

Beefster
19-08-2014, 01:08 PM

My old man doesn't use Hibs.net. He thinks it's full of dafties who pretend they're ITK. Not sure where these shocking misconceptions come from, mind you.

SanFranHibs
19-08-2014, 01:15 PM

I think she does...by PM's.

How sick is she going to be of hearing Leigh Griffiths name? :greengrin

SanFranHibs
19-08-2014, 01:19 PM
My old man doesn't use Hibs.net. He thinks it's full of dafties who pretend they're ITK. Not sure where these shocking misconceptions come from, mind you.

But if he does not use it how does he know it's FULL of dafties? Have you been disparaging us to your father? :wink:

Yes, I admit I am not in the know, I'm more of a Don't Know....except on the 18th of next month of course.

Beefster
19-08-2014, 01:21 PM
But if he does not use it how does he know it's FULL of dafties? Have you been disparaging us to your father? :wink:

Yes, I admit I am not in the know, I'm more of a Don't Know....except on the 18th of next month of course.

I think my Mum told him.

Hiya Mum.

SanFranHibs
19-08-2014, 01:32 PM
I think my Mum told him.

Hiya Mum.

Smart mums read Hibs.Net! Smarter mums don't believe it however.

:flag:

LeithBoozy
19-08-2014, 01:39 PM

I would be keen to know when we are going to get rid of two non-creative midfielders. :rolleyes:

JustSimplyHibs
19-08-2014, 01:51 PM
I take It you know for a fact he's for sale.

Every player in football is for sale!!!! The question is, can the buyer reach the sellers asking price :wink:

marinello59
19-08-2014, 01:55 PM

A good question. The club were keen to get an account on here but have never used it. The Season Ticket thread started by yourself the other day would have been a perfect place to start. Poor stuff from them.

Lago
19-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Every player in football is for sale!!!! The question is, can the buyer reach the sellers asking price :wink:
Your right, and thats the rub, the asking price.

Wilson
19-08-2014, 02:27 PM

Sounds like a poorly informed, judgemental old goat.

He'd gave fitted right in! :)

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Singing section in the FF lower. It has to happen to bring some atmosphere back to ER in bog standard league games. Our away support is as good or better than any in Scotland ...... an FF singing section would mimic the type of small enclosed area away fans congregate in.

Get a priest in to perform an exorcism on the club ...... I've decided that our cup and derby record is down to evil forces.

Fan input into the design of the clubs strip, or at least fan approval of selected designs. Some recent efforts have been boggin'. Black socks? WTF !!!

More effort to attract fans from outwith the Edinburgh area ..... non existent at the moment.

paul_hfc3
19-08-2014, 02:47 PM
She's really impressed me since she has joined the club. She clearly busts a gut for us to progress forward as a club. Glad she's here.

GGTTH

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Singing section in the FF lower. It has to happen to bring some atmosphere back to ER in bog standard league games. Our away support is as good or better than any in Scotland ...... an FF singing section would mimic the type of small enclosed area away fans congregate in.

Get a priest in to perform an exorcism on the club ...... I've decided that our cup and derby record is down to evil forces.

Fan input into the design of the clubs strip, or at least fan approval of selected designs. Some recent efforts have been boggin'. Black socks? WTF !!!

More effort to attract fans from outwith the Edinburgh area ..... non existent at the moment.

Will you be going to the meetings to put those points to her?

Although, preferably NOT the Priest suggestion..........

Beefster
19-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a poorly informed, judgemental old goat.

He'd gave fitted right in! :)

If my first thought hadn't been "Wilson's obviously met him", I'd have probably been outraged.

Ozyhibby
19-08-2014, 05:09 PM

You better throw in a Rabbi, an Imam and a Church of Scotland minister as well or the PC brigade will be all over you.

Wilson
19-08-2014, 05:35 PM
If my first thought hadn't been "Wilson's obviously met him", I'd have probably been outraged.

:-D

down-the-slope
19-08-2014, 05:50 PM

You were doing well till last one - ER would be an empty place if it were not from those out with Edinburgh - think you would be surprised if you got the facts

Its those hoards of tourists visiting the city week in week out that we can surely do better attracting?

DaveF
19-08-2014, 05:54 PM
If the club want my opinion they can phone me. They know where to find me when they want my season ticket money so just give me a bell.

Leith Green
19-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Eh, gonna sign some half decent players ?

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Is Hibs v Hearts just another match ?

Glorious St Pat
19-08-2014, 06:15 PM

And why not in a purely ecumenical manner. In fact why not bless the centre spot each year with turf all the way from Balingarry, Limerick home of our founder - great nod to our forefathers.

Glorious St Pat
19-08-2014, 06:16 PM
You better throw in a Rabbi, an Imam and a Church of Scotland minister as well or the PC brigade will be all over you.

Well said that man.

c31
19-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Well I sent her an email and never got a response, so the first question will be why don't you answer emails, even a bog standard rebuff would do..

Second - Concentrate on getting a team that can at least put up a fight in a derby before all that community stuff, that can come later.

Hannah_hfc
19-08-2014, 07:00 PM

This part...brilliant! :D

Must say it's a saving grace for the club that LD came into the job when she did. Although things are far from perfect right now I believe it would be a sorry state of affairs had last year's regime continued. I really hope the club listen to each fans input they hear and, if possible, work on the main aspects that are of concern to the fans.

The Modfather
19-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Is Petrie still here simply so he can fulfil his aim of getting the top SFA job? If not what are his exact roles and duties? If so tell him to GTF and leech of some other club.

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Is Petrie still here simply so he can fulfil his aim of getting the top SFA job? If not what are his exact roles and duties? If so tell him to GTF and leech of some other club.

Erm , he's the chairman

Jack
19-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Well I sent her an email and never got a response, so the first question will be why don't you answer emails, even a bog standard rebuff would do..

Second - Concentrate on getting a team that can at least put up a fight in a derby before all that community stuff, that can come later.

I'm sure she replies to as many as she can in between doing her 'real' job. And no I don't think a CEO should be replying to every enquiry that hits her desk, or indeed any of them. There are surely other people/departments at the club who it would be more appropriate to deal with these enquiries. By all means copy her in so she is aware.

Not just getting at you C31.

The Modfather
19-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Erm , he's the chairman

So what are his actual roles and responsibilities? Why has he gone from dictator like control of the club to chairman? Why does it have to be him, can no one else do that job?

Or is it simply a role in title but nothing else as he is working his SFA ticket? I am certainly not sure why he is still here and what he is contributing.

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 07:29 PM
So what are his actual roles and responsibilities? Why has he gone from dictator like control of the club to chairman? Why does it have to be him, can no one else do that job?

Or is it simply a role in title but nothing else as he is working his SFA ticket? I am certainly not sure why he is still here and what he is contributing.

He owns 10%. He's looking after TM's investment. Whats so hard to understand ?

He aint going anywhere.

The Modfather
19-08-2014, 07:36 PM
What exactly does "looking after TF's investment" entail? I thought his remit was a go between, between Dempster and Farmer? With Dempster in charge of the running of the club?

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 07:38 PM
What exactly does "looking after TF's investment" entail? I thought his remit was a go between, between Dempster and Farmer? With Dempster in charge of the running of the club?

So did i . Is there something else he does that i do not know about ?

The Modfather
19-08-2014, 07:43 PM
So he's not really "looking after Farmers investment" then? In effect he's basically a messenger?

Again, I can't see why it has to be him and not someone else who can perform that role. So, for me anyway, is he still here because of his own personal gains in getting the SFA job, which he needs the club to do.

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 07:47 PM
So he's not really "looking after Farmers investment" then? In effect he's basically a messenger?

Again, I can't see why it has to be him and not someone else who can perform that role. So, for me anyway, is he still here because of his own personal gains in getting the SFA job, which he needs the club to do.

If you owned 10% would you not want to be on the board ?

The Modfather
19-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Farmer owns 90% but isn't on the board.

I've still not heard anything that conclusively answers my question as to wether it is Petrie, and his SFA ambitions, that needs Hibs. Not that we need Petrie. Maybe someone could ask Dempster to confirm or clarify my fears.

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 07:58 PM

I've still not heard anything that conclusively answers my question as to wether it is Petrie, and his SFA ambitions, that needs Hibs. Not that we need Petrie. Maybe someone could ask Dempster to confirm or clarify my fears.

Nae worries.

What are your fears ?

The Modfather
19-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Nae worries.

What are your fears ?

That Petrie in effect is contributing absolutely nothing. Simply that he has his own personal ambitions at the SFA before the good of the club. That his selfishness is harming the club through his very presence.

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 08:10 PM
That Petrie in effect is contributing absolutely nothing. Simply that he has his own personal ambitions at the SFA before the good of the club. That his selfishness is harming the club through his very presence.

In what way is his selfishness harming the club ?

Leeanns the man now is she not ?

The Modfather
19-08-2014, 08:18 PM
We seem to be going round in circles a little.

Selfishness that he doesn't need to be there, he isn't contributing, the only reason he is there is for his own ends at the SFA.

I can only speak for myself, but while that man is still around, lurking in the background, I won't ever fully trust the club. I'll still wonder what sleekit ways Petrie might be exerting his influence. I'm 100% behind Dempster and think she could well be the godsend we've needed, but, and she may not even realise it, just how much easier might the massive task on her hands be if the only link that man has to our club is as a shareholder.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2014, 08:21 PM
In what way is his selfishness harming the club ?

Leeanns the man now is she not ?

:tsk tsk: :greengrin

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Selfishness that he doesn't need to be there, he isn't contributing, the only reason he is there is for his own ends at the SFA.

I can only speak for myself, but while that man is still around, lurking in the background, I won't ever fully trust the club. I'll still wonder what sleekit ways Petrie might be exerting his influence. I'm 100% behind Dempster and think she could well be the godsend we've needed, but, and she may not even realise it, just how much easier might the massive task on her hands be if the only link that man has to our club is as a shareholder.

Sorry to keep going round in circles but how do you know that he contributes nothing ?
How do you know that he is only with Hibs to further his SFA ambitions?
Do you really think Farmer would allow him to be chairman if that was the case ?

The Modfather
19-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Sorry to keep going round in circles but how do you know that he contributes nothing ?
How do you know that he is only with Hibs to further his SFA ambitions?
Do you really think Farmer would allow him to be chairman if that was the case ?

That's the questions I'm asking. Those are my concerns. Those are what I'd like to ask Dempster

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 08:27 PM
That's the questions I'm asking. Those are my concerns. Those are what I'd like to ask Dempster

Those were not the questions you were asking !
Those were the statements you were making :greengrin

The Modfather
19-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Those were not the questions you were asking !
Those were the statements you were making :greengrin

I didn't mean to make them as statements, was simply trying to clarify what I meant by Petrie's potential selfishness. Sure I could probably got to this point about 5 posts sooner ;)

cmcd
19-08-2014, 08:44 PM

She may not realise it ? Lets be sensible here LD is one smart lady Its time to forget this Petrie nonsense On other threads he is being blamed for Sundays defeat Im not his greatest fan I prefer to put him to the back of my mind and thank god LD is with us

SuperAllyMcleod
19-08-2014, 08:49 PM
To move away from Petrie, the half time entertainment needs to be improved.

Four year olds trundling a ball towards a big daft mascot that then allows the ball to roll past him is entertaining no one other than the child's parents.

If they insist on this sort of competition then at least put a proper goalie in goals and set an age limit of 10 years old so that the kids can both understand what is going on and have a chance of being able to lift the ball off the ground.

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 08:59 PM

Four year olds trundling a ball towards a big daft mascot that then allows the ball to roll past him is entertaining no one other than the child's parents.

If they insist on this sort of competition then at least put a proper goalie in goals and set an age limit of 10 years old so that the kids can both understand what is going on and have a chance of being able to lift the ball off the ground.

:faf:

Are you for real ?

Do you go to ER for the halftime entertainment ?:greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
19-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Are you for real ?

Do you go to ER for the halftime entertainment ?:greengrin

Of course not but I thought everything was up for discussion and this has been annoying me for years. :greengrin

I do appreciate that this won't be top of LDs list but as long as she gets round to it in due course. :greengrin

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Of course not but I thought everything was up for discussion and this has been annoying me for years. :greengrin

I do appreciate that this won't be top of LDs list but as long as she gets round to it in due course. :greengrin

See , i would prefer strippers but thats not very politically correct:cb

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2014, 09:34 PM

Depends when they are.

Hey .......... I'm willing to try anything :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2014, 10:09 PM
You were doing well till last one - ER would be an empty place if it were not from those out with Edinburgh - think you would be surprised if you got the facts

Its those hoards of tourists visiting the city week in week out that we can surely do better attracting?

Not disagreeing with you on either point ...... I've banged on about the tourist thing many times on here.

Its not that Hibs don't have a decent and loyal support from outside Edinburgh they certainly do. My point is what do Hibs do to acknowledge that and attract more ...... I challenge you to drive around Galashiels for a week, if you see more than one kid in a Hibs strip or training top in that time I'll buy your next season ticket. 12,000 folk live in Gala and people come from all the small towns around to go to the supermarkets and bring the kids with them in their celtic, rangers, Man Utd and Barcelona tops . Hibs and the Yams are geographically the nearest professional clubs. So where are those strips?

TV and the media saturation coverage of the bigger clubs doesn't help us .... but where is the effort to win hearts and minds away from them and the Yams for that matter in an area of 100,000 people which should be within our catchment area.

Ozyhibby
19-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Hibs half time 'entertainment' is woeful. I hate to say it but Hearts is slightly better but only slightly.
For me as much as possible the club should be inviting boys clubs in to showcase the work they are doing. That means playing small sided games, multi-goal games etc.
The 10 sec challenge that we do or the 8-a-side game Hearts do have nothing to do with what the kids do normally.

Keith_M
20-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Hibs half time 'entertainment' is woeful.

I've been saying this for years....

...we need Cheerleaders!!!

Phil MaGlass
20-08-2014, 09:14 AM
1.Just a couple of ideas, Before match and halftime entertainmant needs to be better.
2.Have the top half of the Dunbar end for Adult and child 15 pound for a few games.(just get the ground filled)
3.Buy a programme get 1 free coffee
4.Give players hundreds of tickets to give out at schools for adult and child 15pounds.
5.Give free tickets to schools in less well off areas of Edinburgh.
6.If we sell 7,500 tickets give ST,s 5% discount,if we sell 8500,10% and so on.
7.All ST,s bought this year will get a 5-10% discount on next years ST,s.
8.Have programmes with hidden matchday tickets for buy 1 get 1 free.
9. Beat hearts FFS.

Brightside
20-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Well said that man.

I don't want religion anywhere near my modern club thanks.

Brightside
20-08-2014, 09:38 AM

Hahahahaha
Amazing stuff.

Brightside
20-08-2014, 09:41 AM
ST holders should get a free pie a bovril and a programme for every game.
Kids ST should be free with an Adult ST

Smiggy 7-0
20-08-2014, 09:43 AM
I don't want religion anywhere near my modern club thanks. Religion, Racism and politics not at our club thanks.

Keith_M
20-08-2014, 09:43 AM
ST holders should get a free pie a bovril and a programme for every game.
Kids ST should be free with an Adult ST

But in separate parts of the ground, as some people don't want to sit with Kids

Brightside
20-08-2014, 09:47 AM
But in separate parts of the ground, as some people don't want to sit with Kids

I wouldn't mind that. As long as I keep my seat in the west! ;-)

Keith_M
20-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Religion, Racism and politicshttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

No Atheism or Evolutionists either.

I can just about cope with Atheists but those Evangelical Evolutionists really do my nut in. They simply refuse to accept that somebody else might think differently from them and if you have a different viewpoint you're obviously of a lower IQ.

Oh and if one more of them mentions opposable thumbs or claims my Grandad was a Monkey, I think I might just burn them at the stake!

lord bunberry
20-08-2014, 10:28 AM

You should take up the smoking, you could smoke in the toilets at half time and miss all the entertainment

Beefster
20-08-2014, 10:39 AM

The mascot needn't necesarily be out of a job either. He could give those kids who miss their shot a clip around the lughole.

Deansy
20-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Is Hibs v Hearts just another match ?

I think it's obvious that the derby IS treated like 'just another match' - my question would've been WHY is it treated like just another match ?

2nd question would be - Why is RP still here yet Leigh isn't - one is a die-hard Hibee who's worth to Hibs would be reflected in a record increase in season-ticket sales alone. The other's just an accountant who couldn't give a xxxx about Hibs and who's continued presence is detrimental to season-ticket sales !

Gatecrasher
20-08-2014, 11:30 AM
I think there should be a Discount on Hibs TV for STH
Programmes - Why can't we buy them as part of a subscription? or maybe even a digital version for less money?
The food sucks and is over priced.

FranckSuzy
20-08-2014, 11:37 AM

Original :wink: Sorry! :greengrin

bobbyhibs1983
20-08-2014, 11:37 AM
I've been saying this for years....

...we need Cheerleaders!!!

works for me, gets my vote, though i d rather have the cheerleaders in the tradiotional cheer unfirom though

Oh and be sure to have the girls 18+ and maybe leann leading the way?:devil:

Beefster
20-08-2014, 11:38 AM
The food sucks and is over priced.

Team/performance aside, that's my big bugbear on a matchday.

jacomo
20-08-2014, 11:53 AM
No Atheism or Evolutionists either.

I can just about cope with Atheists but those Evangelical Evolutionists really do my nut in. They simply refuse to accept that somebody else might think differently from them and if you have a different viewpoint you're obviously of a lower IQ.

Oh and if one more of them mentions opposable thumbs or claims my Grandad was a Monkey, I think I might just burn them at the stake!

I know, fancy bringing science into it.

I KNOW that the world was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster - don't you DARE you bring evidence to the contrary.

Gerard
20-08-2014, 12:41 PM
I know, fancy bringing science into it.

I KNOW that the world was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster - don't you DARE you bring evidence to the contrary.

Shirley you mean the flying Haggis monster created the World:greengrin

HibbySpurs
20-08-2014, 12:55 PM
1.Just a couple of ideas, Before match and halftime entertainmant needs to be better.
2.Have the top half of the Dunbar end for Adult and child 15 pound for a few games.(just get the ground filled)
3.Buy a programme get 1 free coffee
4.Give players hundreds of tickets to give out at schools for adult and child 15pounds.
5.Give free tickets to schools in less well off areas of Edinburgh.
6.If we sell 7,500 tickets give ST,s 5% discount,if we sell 8500,10% and so on.
7.All ST,s bought this year will get a 5-10% discount on next years ST,s.
8.Have programmes with hidden matchday tickets for buy 1 get 1 free.
9. Beat hearts FFS.

Sorry but thats just far to sensible for Hibs....

HibbySpurs
20-08-2014, 01:00 PM
You should take up the smoking, you could smoke in the toilets at half time and miss all the entertainment

Actually this does raise a point. Surely the club could look into developing a smoking area somewhere for at least one of the stands (i.e. out the back of the East)?

Frankly, the fiasco in the bogs is horrendous week in week out and the place is honking and over-crowded as folk have a fly one :greengrin.......

I am a smoker but dont smoke inside the ground as the atmosphere in the toilets is chokingly bad and TBH the idea of standing around smoking whilst folk are haeing a single fish beside me isnt my cup of tea.....

Something that could be looked at which would be welcomed by smokers and non-smokers alike I imagine?

heretoday
20-08-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't want any input, thanks. Don't eat pies or drink bovril. Fed up hearing about Petrie.

Leeann ran Motherwell ok so just do the same here, ducky, and I'll be happy.

Keith_M
20-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Actually this does raise a point. Surely the club could look into developing a smoking area somewhere for at least one of the stands (i.e. out the back of the East)?

Frankly, the fiasco in the bogs is horrendous week in week out and the place is honking and over-crowded as folk have a fly one :greengrin.......

I am a smoker but dont smoke inside the ground as the atmosphere in the toilets is chokingly bad and TBH the idea of standing around smoking whilst folk are haeing a single fish beside me isnt my cup of tea.....

Something that could be looked at which would be welcomed by smokers and non-smokers alike I imagine?

As a non-smoker, I would have no problem with your suggestion.

I hate being fumigated whenever I go to the Loo at ER, so anything that moves the Nicotine Addicts elsewhere is fine by me.

p.s. Here's a guide (http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-difference-between-eg-and-ie/) to the difference between i.e. and e.g. ;-)

emerald green
20-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Start winning matches on a regular basis please, and everything else will fall into place like this:

This would mean bigger crowds (either through increased season ticket sales and/or PAG).
Which means more income for the club.
Which means the club can afford to attract better players.
Which means (in theory anyway) the team should win even more matches, thus attracting even bigger crowds.
Which means the fans will be happy.
Which means less "abusing" players.
Which makes the "match day experience" even better.
Which means fans will continue to attend matches.

Too simplistic I know. :cb

ancient hibee
20-08-2014, 03:20 PM
That's it for me-all the rest is froth -they can do as much in the community as they want but the answer is- win the majority of games-that's all and never mind the guff about playing the Hibs way-whatever that is.

Northern Hibby
20-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Oh and if one more of them mentions opposable thumbs or claims my Grandad was a Monkey, I think I might just throw my poo at them!

HibbySpurs
21-08-2014, 02:57 PM
As a non-smoker, I would have no problem with your suggestion.

I hate being fumigated whenever I go to the Loo at ER, so anything that moves the Nicotine Addicts elsewhere is fine by me.

p.s. Here's a guide (http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-difference-between-eg-and-ie/) to the difference between i.e. and e.g. ;-)

Okay smarty pants, caught me on that one...... Are you my old Higher English teacher by any chance?

NW
21-08-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't want any input, thanks. Don't eat pies or drink bovril. Fed up hearing about Petrie.

Leeann ran Motherwell ok so just do the same here, ducky, and I'll be happy.

Ran Motherwell at a loss despite excellent league positions

marinello59
21-08-2014, 03:26 PM

Keep talking the club down. You'll get that price down for sure. :wink:

NW
21-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Keep talking the club down. You'll get that price down for sure. :wink:

Is it not the case that Motherwell , led by Leeann have run at a loss? Is it not the case that the fan involvement there led by Leeann failed. Is it not the case that Stuart McCall has run Motherwell on the pitch very well?

Or did rod Petrie win us the league cup in 07 ?

I am not talking Hibs down, trying to bring balance, Leeann has talked a good game but her record isn't as good as people maybe think

marinello59
21-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Is it not the case that Motherwell , led by Leeann have run at a loss? Is it not the case that the fan involvement there led by Leeann failed. Is it not the case that Stuart McCall has run Motherwell on the pitch very well?

I am not talking Hibs down, trying to bring balance, Leeann has talked a good game but her record isn't as good as people maybe think

Aye, right.

bigwheel
21-08-2014, 03:45 PM

... we have been ran at a loss in recent years and had horrible league positions...

There has been a radical overhaul of the football and non footballing functions in our club...not comparable with our previous set up, or Motherwell's for that matter - why not simply engage and support and give it the best chance it has to succeed??

NW
21-08-2014, 03:59 PM
... we have been ran at a loss in recent years and had horrible league positions...

There has been a radical overhaul of the football and non footballing functions in our club...not comparable with our previous set up, or Motherwell's for that matter - why not simply engage and support and give it the best chance it has to succeed??

Engagement has taken place

marinello59
21-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Engagement has taken place

Care to elaborate.....or is this you bringing more balance?

NW
21-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Care to elaborate.....or is this you bringing more balance?

After discussions with current major shareholders , LD is aware of what is
Happening and what the planned developments are. Engagement will continue and it is about working alongside club

emerald green
21-08-2014, 04:10 PM

"Petrie win us the League Cup in '07". Whit? You are having a laugh. Surely?

:faf: :faf:

Leithenhibby
21-08-2014, 04:13 PM

You are talking down, Leeann though. :agree: She hasn't even got her feet under the table :rolleyes:

I'm of the opinion that LD has to be given every opportunity to implement her ideas. :agree: Some would say, give her a chance ffs.....

JimBHibees
21-08-2014, 04:13 PM

Pretty sure they had a record number of season tickets alot with families and increased the usage of their ground as a community base and also liaised much more with the local schools and community groups so your definition of failure is a different one than mine is. To do that and also have the team at a very prominent position in the League is the sort of failure that Hibs could certainly do with at the moment.

hibsitis
21-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Yes, I admit I am not in the know, I'm more of a Don't Know....except on the 18th of next month of course.[/QUOTE]

You coming home to vote?!

NW
21-08-2014, 04:17 PM

Read it in context

marinello59
21-08-2014, 04:20 PM
After discussions with current major shareholders , LD is aware of what is
Happening and what the planned developments are. Engagement will continue and it is about working alongside club

So you are hardly bringing balance with your criticism then are you? Then again, why would you?

NW
21-08-2014, 04:23 PM
So you are hardly bringing balance with your criticism then are you? Then again, why would you?

They are facts though. Good on pitch and bad off. We are bad on both, if she can get us good on pitch fantastic

Borderhibbie76
21-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Id love to hear from LD what is the state of play with our managers transfer budget? ? At the moment the silence on the transfer front is deafening!!

NW
21-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Id love to hear from LD what is the state of play with our managers transfer budget? ? At the moment the silence on the transfer front is deafening!!

I'd rather she didn't tell anyone if we have any money left, I am sure she is working with her manager to maximise the budget, I think that may be her core skill , working with the manager to utilise budget to the max

Borderhibbie76
21-08-2014, 04:40 PM
I'd rather she didn't tell anyone if we have any money left, I am sure she is working with her manager to maximise the budget, I think that may be her core skill , working with the manager to utilise budget to the max
I dont mean come out and tell us how much etc...but Stubbs hasnt even mentioned if we are still actively looking to sign before end of Aug?? It has me worried...

Keith_M
21-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Okay smarty pants, caught me on that one...... Are you my old Higher English teacher by any chance?

Please write this down 100 times and return to me tomorrow.

"i.e. and e.g. are two different things. I am a silly boy for thinking otherwise."

Oh and I didn't even DO any Highers :wink:

Leithenhibby
21-08-2014, 04:55 PM

You must know her rather well to make that assumption....

I dont mean come out and tell us how much etc...but Stubbs hasnt even mentioned if we are still actively looking to sign before end of Aug?? It has me worried...

What would you like AS to say?

EDIT - Is there a manager on this planet that stops looking to improve his/ her team?

Keith_M
21-08-2014, 04:58 PM

Not true, we've made a profit in 5 of the last 8 seasons (I'm assuming we made a loss last season but we don't yet know)

I think you should read the guy's comment again, and in full, before picking out one part and laughing. You obviously didn't get the point he was making the first time.

Borderhibbie76
21-08-2014, 05:00 PM
You must know her rather well to make that assumption....

What would you like AS to say?

EDIT - Is there a manager on this planet that stops looking to improve his/ her team?
Im not blaming AS at all but it concerns me he has barely mentioned wanting to strengthen the squad in last few weeks! Is this because he knows he cant??

Leithenhibby
21-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Im not blaming AS at all but it concerns me he has barely mentioned wanting to strengthen the squad in last few weeks! Is this because he knows he cant??

I wish I had the answer to that. :wink:

emerald green
21-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Read it in context

Not true, we've made a profit in 5 of the last 8 seasons (I'm assuming we made a loss last season but we don't yet know)

I think you should read the guy's comment again, and in full, before picking out one part and laughing. You obviously didn't get the point he was making the first time.

OK, if I've taken it out of context and/or misinterpreted what NW said then I apologise for my mistake.

Ronniekirk
21-08-2014, 08:01 PM

He said after the hearts game he would try to strengthen the squad or words to that effect .Think we can take it that money is tight hence he was prepared to let Nelson go but Hanlon s knee injury puts paid to that unless he had someone experienced in mind .also think anything other than a win against Falkirk could make any potential targets think twice and it will be young loan players only we will then bring in .Which if that is the case will be disappointing as squad is short and can't see Owen Tudor Jones for eg getting a lot of game time ,yet will be one of higher earners along with Nelson and Heff .already we have seen Heff in and out like last season and the jury must still be out as to what impact he is going to have . Cummings we hoped would kick on but injury has hampered him and Kennedy and Allan need to come into team and make an impact The Falkirk game is interesting now as he has to change things and find a way to get us the three points .

Steve-O
22-08-2014, 11:24 AM

Article in Scotsman today suggests he's trying to sign a defender to replace Nelson.

Keith_M
22-08-2014, 11:27 AM
OK, if I've taken it out of context and/or misinterpreted what NW said then I apologise for my mistake.

:thumbsup:

emerald green
22-08-2014, 11:42 AM
:thumbsup:

Nae probs. I was brought up to own up and admit it if you've made a mistake, and don't try to bulls*** your way out of it. :aok:

Keith_M
22-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Nae probs. I was brought up to own up and admit it if you've made a mistake, and don't try to bulls*** your way out of it. :aok:

Me too.

Fortunately, I'm never wrong about anything, so never had to own up and admit it

:greengrin

emerald green
22-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Me too.

Fortunately, I'm never wrong about anything, so never had to own up and admit it

:greengrin

Keith_M
22-08-2014, 12:54 PM

I may be wrong but I sense sarcasm.

:dunno:

basehibby
22-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Input from basehibby - sign some players who will walk into our first team and improve it and START BEATING THE ****ING YAMS

Green Cabbage 7
22-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Input from basehibby - sign some players who will walk into our first team and improve it and START BEATING THE ****ING YAMS

Agree with this, I know it may take time to get players in that we want, but surely not this long, I don't think we really need a lot to win this league, but we do need at least 2 maybe 3, hopefully the wait will be worth it!

ekhibee
22-08-2014, 09:21 PM
do you think LD would be up for the ice bucket challenge, it's for a good cause and she could nominate Petrie for the next one?

southsider
22-08-2014, 09:43 PM
do you think LD would be up for the ice bucket challenge, it's for a good cause and she could nominate Petrie for the next one?
Just drop the bucket on his heid...... full of half bricks !

green day
23-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Hi Leeann, are you inviting comment tonight?????

The Gorf
23-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi Leeann, are you inviting comment tonight?????
Just sent an email to her. I think I am about to be blackballed !!!!!!!!

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Whats her Email address? ? After watching that today I cant believe she charged me £405 for a ST...daylight robbery!!

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Time for the club to cut the emotional blackmail and actually make a few signings that attract fans back rather than laying tue responsibilty at our feet again and again.

If Hibs fail to at least compete for promotion this season then it won't be the fans to blame although no doubt next seasons ST literature will try to tell us different. 'Give us your ****ing money and ask no questions'.

basehibby
23-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Time for the club to cut the emotional blackmail and actually make a few signings that attract fans back rather than laying tue responsibilty at our feet again and again.

If Hibs fail to at least compete for promotion this season then it won't be the fans to blame although no doubt next seasons ST literature will try to tell us different. 'Give us your ****ing money and ask no questions'.

This 100% - the board know there are at least 10K Hibees out there who will happily come out to watch a half decent team - building the squad on the basis of 5500 ST sales is simply setting us up for failure - it's a self fulfilling prophecy in fact - build the team based on 5K crowds and that's exatly what we'll end up with.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2014, 04:46 PM
What is Leeann actually wanting to hear from the fans? Because i couldnt give a monkeys about how white the steps are, or how many tickets we have for underprivileged kids, good causes that they obviously are.

If she spoke to me and i'd imagine most fans, all she would hear was our teams sheite, the quality over quantity crap has not washed with me, and there's only so many times you can pull the wool over folks eyes.

Words are cheap, we as fans want actions. This wind of change is no more than a wet fart.

Ryan69
23-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Sign some players....and not accept mediocrity?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2014, 05:02 PM
What is Leeann actually wanting to hear from the fans? Because i couldnt give a monkeys about how white the steps are, or how many tickets we have for underprivileged kids, good causes that they obviously are.

If she spoke to me and i'd imagine most fans, all she would hear was our teams sheite, the quality over quantity crap has not washed with me, and there's only so many times you can pull the wool over folks eyes.

Words are cheap, we as fans want actions. This wind of change is no more than a wet fart.

Sums it up for me, I've never felt so disconnected from the club, it just doesnae feel like the same team I used to watch week in week out not so long ago. Which is a shame really.

Greenblood70
23-08-2014, 05:05 PM

Agreed, the lack of depth, talent and experience in the squad is criminal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Sums it up for me, I've never felt so disconnected from the club, it just doesnae feel like the same team I used to watch week in week out not so long ago. Which is a shame really.

I think the club have missed a huge opportunity.

There was genuine goodwill towards LD when she came in as there was for Stubbs when he took the reigns.

A pre season of the same old strategy has rapidly seen that enthusiasm and goodwill vanish and be replaced with frustration and anger again.

That's the clubs fault.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2014, 05:11 PM

There was genuine goodwill towards LD when she came in as there was for Stubbs when he took the reigns.

A pre season of the same old strategy has rapidly seen that enthusiasm and goodwill vanish and be replaced with frustration and anger again.

That's the clubs fault.

And all down to the owner in my opinion. That man has shown NO leadership since his very early days when he put the money up to buy Murdo McCloud.

I don't know how long we are supposed to kiss his arse, but our club needs a new owner NOW. He's sitting back wherever he is and from a distance is watching this club suffer.

DaveF
23-08-2014, 06:49 PM

That's the clubs fault.

Spot on PB.

The early optimism fans had about a new era has all but gone. A criminal lack of investment and Petrie's poisonous presence has seen to that.

We don't need nor want talking shops. We want a decent football team, so get on with delivering that please LD. And sharpish.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Spot on PB.

The early optimism fans had about a new era has all but gone. A criminal lack of investment and Petrie's poisonous presence has seen to that.

We don't need nor want talking shops. We want a decent football team, so get on with delivering that please LD. And sharpish.

:agree:

matty_f
23-08-2014, 09:04 PM

That's the clubs fault.

:agree:

Deansy
23-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Wouldn't work as Petrie would nominate someone to stand-in for him - much the same as he's done with LD to take HIS flak !!

silverhibee
24-08-2014, 10:45 AM

That's the clubs fault.

Spot on PB.

:agree::agree:

GoldenEagle
24-08-2014, 11:19 AM
I'd quite welcome a statement from the fans (be it via this forum, Hibs Club or similar) politely declining any offer to talk and to ask that they fully concentrate all energies on the getting players into the club.

The new Head of Hibs Player recruitment must be the easiest job in Europe...ps why do we need a Head of Player Recruitment???

Eyrie
24-08-2014, 12:21 PM
I'd quite welcome a statement from the fans (be it via this forum, Hibs Club or similar) politely declining any offer to talk and to ask that they fully concentrate all energies on the getting players into the club.

The new Head of Hibs Player recruitment must be the easiest job in Europe...ps why do we need a Head of Player Recruitment???

Head of Recruitment, Chief Scout - call it what you will as long as the right job is done well.

The right job is to spend the next eight months identifying players that may be available next summer who would be a good fit for Hibs both in terms of skills and of the attitude that we need to develop. That will enable us to make some early signings next June instead of waiting until transfer deadline day to see what loans are on offer.

It's not a role that will benefit us this season, but the necessary work should already be underway.