PDA

View Full Version : A Hearts Fan's Opinion of the Hibs Support on Sunday

Ross89
18-08-2014, 09:02 PM
One of my best mates is a Yam and was at the game on Sunday.

He could not believe the noise that our fans made and said they were fantastic, totally out-singing the Hearts fans. I wasn't at the game but listened on the radio whilst driving, and I have to say the fans sounded amazing (even Allan Preston commented on it!)

Well done to all who went, what a support - best in the world !

We will one day have a team that we deserve folks :agree:

Hibs Till We Die

:gwa::flag:

Stranraer
18-08-2014, 09:09 PM
It was outstanding the whole game really. The highlight of my weekend.

GGTTH :gwa:

Benny Brazil
18-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Good to hear - but next time I want to hear them say how Hibs outplayed Hearts - not out-sung them.

Ross89
18-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Good to hear - but next time I want to hear them say how Hibs outplayed Hearts - not out-sung them.

Absolutely.

The support on Sunday was phenomenal though - FACT! :agree:

Canongatehibs
18-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Alan Preston is a jobby.

Ross89
18-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Alan Preston is a jobby.

Steady on......That's an insult to jobbies ! :greengrin

stokesmessiah
18-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Weirdly enough it sounded really flat on the TV i thought. :confused:

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 09:30 PM

Sky tend end to turn the pitch side mics down to avoid any choice language getting broadcast. They famously done it at the Falkirk stadium when The rangers fans started the "party" songs a few years ago.

Ross89
18-08-2014, 09:35 PM

That's bizarre - it really did sound amazing on the radio !

Sir David Gray
18-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Sky tend end to turn the pitch side mics down to avoid any choice language getting broadcast. They famously done it at the Falkirk stadium when The rangers fans started the "party" songs a few years ago.

Thought it was when their pals from Parkhead were at Falkirk around Remembrance Sunday a few years ago and they were outside singing IRA songs during the minute's silence. :confused:

Ross89
18-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Thought it was when their pals from Parkhead were at Falkirk around Remembrance Sunday a few years ago and they were outside singing IRA songs during the minute's silence. :confused:

The "best fans in the world" ? Surely not ?!?!

Ozyhibby
18-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Sunday was a fantastic atmosphere in the Hibs end. Was very impressed with the drummer.

ScottB
18-08-2014, 10:12 PM

Sky were definitely muting the sound, but when you could hear singing it was almost always us.

Given the Hearts fans love for their homophobic ditties I'm not surprised they took this action.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Was defo a good atmosphere, we really do deserve more as a group of fans.

My Jambo uncle at the game said its the loudest he's heard us for years. Said he was really impressed

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 10:18 PM

I think it might have been actually. :agree:

Sir David Gray
18-08-2014, 10:23 PM
I think it might have been actually. :agree:

Just checked, it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW24N1G0WIk

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Just checked, it was.

:aok:

JJP
18-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Just checked, it was.

Same support who look down their noses at LG. Couldn't make them up.

Scottie
18-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Just checked, it was.

Vile and disgusting behaviour by the 'best fans in the world'

Boyle89
18-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Vile and disgusting behaviour by the 'best fans in the world'
I find it highly amusing they always refer to each other as 'Scotland's shame'. A lot of them don't see themselves as scottish and don't want to be in the scottish league.
Anyway back on track. We were indeed superb on Sunday as we usually are. Liked that farid tried to pump the fans up aswell!

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Maybe one day we'll have a team worthy of the Support.

19-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Great support - so much for "your fan base will wither away to nothing" as the jambos were so confidently proclaiming to us after the cup final.

Ronniekirk
19-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Sunday was a fantastic atmosphere in the Hibs end. Was very impressed with the drummer.
The support was easily the best for years there so let's carry that on to the Falkirk game at least in the East and drown out all the negative shouts at players

Leithenhibby
19-08-2014, 08:03 AM
The support was easily the best for years there so let's carry that on to the Falkirk game at least in the East and drown out all the negative shouts at players

:agree:
Will achieve nothing whatsoever :wink:

frazeHFC
19-08-2014, 08:42 AM
The 10 minutes of Alez Au and Carnival de Paris was the loudest I've heard our fans in years. Just a shame they scored straight after and killed it.

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 08:44 AM
The 10 minutes of Alez Au and Carnival de Paris was the loudest I've heard our fans in years. Just a shame they scored straight after and killed it.

Maybe the Hibs Support actually encourages the other team.

:hmmm:

Ross89
19-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Maybe one day we'll have a team worthy of the Support.

Totally agree - here's hoping (and praying!)

Russ
19-08-2014, 09:33 AM
One of my best mates is a Yam and was at the game on Sunday.

He could not believe the noise that our fans made and said they were fantastic, totally out-singing the Hearts fans. I wasn't at the game but listened on the radio whilst driving, and I have to say the fans sounded amazing (even Allan Preston commented on it!)

Well done to all who went, what a support - best in the world !

We will one day have a team that we deserve folks :agree:

Hibs Till We Die

:gwa::flag:
Why are so many Hibs fans obsessed with how others see us ? We should maybe be more like the currant buns and not give a donald duck what anyone thinks of us . It clearly makes no difference on the park Btw they were singing because it was 0-0 and we were not losing , let's not kid ourselves on that . Last year at the PBS in both games the fans were as quiet as I have ever heard them there , because we were losing .

Diclonius
19-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Same support who look down their noses at LG. Couldn't make them up.

And completely ignore pretty much everything Anthony Stokes does.

Ross89
19-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Why are so many Hibs fans obsessed with how others see us ? We should maybe be more like the currant buns and not give a donald duck what anyone thinks of us . It clearly makes no difference on the park Btw they were singing because it was 0-0 and we were not losing , let's not kid ourselves on that . Last year at the PBS in both games the fans were as quiet as I have ever heard them there , because we were losing .

Oh Russell.

I was passing on a compliment from a Hearts fan - felt it was worth sharing.

Cheer up son, there's a good lad.

jax67
19-08-2014, 04:40 PM

Totally agree, Keith Moon (god rest his soul) couldn't have contributed more to the atmosphere.

Pretty Boy
19-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Outstanding support yet again.

The 10/25 minutes of Allez Au and Carnival de Paris was immense. You could feel the stand moving, not felt that since Killie away in the cup. Farid deserves credit as the support, which had been immense in the 1st half, had just started to quieten down when he rallied us again.

Looking forward to many more away trips this year, think they are going to be really enjoyable.

Chuck Rhoades
19-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Totally agree, Keith Moon (god rest his soul) couldn't have contributed more to the atmosphere.

Arms are still recovering!

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Sorry to rub it in, but i found a picture of one of their females celebrating Sunday night.

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 06:00 PM

You're kidding eh ?

I was getting so excited listening to us :greengrin

"listen to that " i kept saying to my wife.

Oooooooooh................oooooooooh.............. na na , nana , na na na na na na , di di di , na na na na , di di dee na na na na Hibees :greengrin

hibsbollah
19-08-2014, 06:01 PM
A particularly annoying yam at work even admitted our fans were outstanding.

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Ooooooooooh...............oooooooooh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PX_tGWyt_g

:thumbsup:

semaj64
19-08-2014, 06:12 PM

Agree it was a great feeling, and Jambos had no reply, the drummer was excellent (although to close for my daughters hangover) and kept the beat going Pity they scored but an atmosphere like that should give encouragement to the boys. Would be good to get that response at ER