PDA

View Full Version : Joe Royle

HappyAsHellas
18-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Noticed he was at the game yesterday, but why? I know he's involved with youth development at Everton, so was he seeing the standard of our league before reporting back concerning future loans? Or just doing your average Sunday 600 mile round trip to take in a game of no interest to his club?

JimBHibees
18-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Noticed he was at the game yesterday, but why? I know he's involved with youth development at Everton, so was he seeing the standard of our league before reporting back concerning future loans? Or just doing your average Sunday 600 mile round trip to take in a game of no interest to his club?

Might have been up for a number of reasons, to look at the standard, to speak to Stubbs about other loans, and/or may have been looking at some of the young kids playing and seeing if Everton may be interested much like Matt Kennedy signing for them.

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Scouting Nicholson I heard.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2014, 12:57 PM

That makes sense.

Good wee player and I'll be shocked if he's at Hearts next season.

ancient hibee
18-08-2014, 12:58 PM
I hear her's giving us a choice between McGeady and Naismith for Nelson but Dempster wants cash as well so we can buy McPake and Thomson.Or something like that.

Smartie
18-08-2014, 01:09 PM
That makes sense.

I thought he was immense yesterday.

I just don't get the Yam mentality that sees yesterday's MOTM go to a player who only seems to be capable of an overhead hoof clearance (McHattie) over a guy like Nicholson who threatened throughout then scored one of the best goals they've ever managed against us.

Greenworld
18-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Scouting two of hearts young boys....

HappyAsHellas
18-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Yeah, Nicholson certainly looks worth a punt, although why is it no one wanted to sign any of their "international" youngsters like Paterson and McTattie this transfer window - could it be they're actually just average?

southern hibby
18-08-2014, 02:55 PM
I thought he was immense yesterday.

I just don't get the Yam mentality that sees yesterday's MOTM go to a player who only seems to be capable of an overhead hoof clearance (McHattie) over a guy like Nicholson who threatened throughout then scored one of the best goals they've ever managed against us.

Was told a while back that man of the match goes to the player that the sponsors would most like to meet. Can't say if this is true or not but it could explain why there are some strange man of the match picks. GGTTH

greenlex
18-08-2014, 02:57 PM
The head shot of Paterson on the Tellybox yesterday was ****ing comedy gold. Between his stupid moustache and the glasses he looked like he had a Groucho Marx plastic nose and glasses on. He surely can't be serious!!!!

RoscoHibby
18-08-2014, 03:31 PM
The head shot of Paterson on the Tellybox yesterday was ****ing comedy gold. Between his stupid moustache and the glasses he looked like he had a Groucho Marx plastic nose and glasses on. He surely can't be serious!!!!

I too, managed to still giggle my ass off at this despite the situation. Complete yam.

Eyrie
18-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Was told a while back that man of the match goes to the player that the sponsors would most like to meet. Can't say if this is true or not but it could explain why there are some strange man of the match picks. GGTTH

I think that's the case at most clubs - for example Larsson would get MotM at Septic regardless of how badly he'd played that day. Makes you wonder though who would want to meet McHattie.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-08-2014, 05:15 PM

The sponsors must have been McTattie's parents then. Can't imagine why any Hearts fan would pick that fanny to meet.

I also pished myself at Patterson's coupon yesterday, despite my bad mood. Anyone got a photo so I can laugh again. He looked like 'Where's Wally' on a 3 day bender

ancient hibee
18-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I think that's the case at most clubs - for example Larsson would get MotM at Septic regardless of how badly he'd played that day. Makes you wonder though who would want to meet McHattie.

Just as Russell Latapy was always MOM at ER.I always thought that the hospitality folk were so guttered that they could hardly tell one player from another-with the exception of Russell.

bighairyfaeleith
18-08-2014, 06:12 PM
The sponsors must have been McTattie's parents then. Can't imagine why any Hearts fan would pick that fanny to meet.

I also pished myself at Patterson's coupon yesterday, despite my bad mood. Anyone got a photo so I can laugh again. He looked like 'Where's Wally' on a 3 day bender

Looked like a cross between glitter and rolf harris

Weststandwanab
18-08-2014, 06:17 PM

Is that a criminal offence ?

That makes sense.

Or the end of this month !

Just as Russell Latapy was always MOM at ER.I always thought that the hospitality folk were so guttered that they could hardly tell one player from another-with the exception of Russell.

Steady !

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Is that a criminal offence ?

!

No

matty_f
18-08-2014, 08:57 PM

:agree: believe they were very impressed and Royle is recommending a move for him.

bighairyfaeleith
18-08-2014, 08:59 PM
:agree: believe they were very impressed and Royle is recommending a move for him.
Hope they get him, get him away from tyne!

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 09:00 PM

I've not heard anymore - just that they came to see him.

They must've been impressed though.

andrew70
18-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Hope they get him, get him away from tyne!

Everton to buy Sam this month then loan him to us for the rest of the season...

....I know nothing so don't ask for a source but given Stubbs' Everton connection you never know.

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Everton to buy Sam this month then loan him to us for the rest of the season...

....I know nothing so don't ask for a source but given Stubbs' Everton connection you never know.

He's a Jambo but I'm sure it's been discussed.

Hearts need the cash, Everton and Martinez like the Scottish market but they know it's too early for him to make an impact on the first team right away. They'll get him on the cheap and get him coached properly with a view to being a first team boy in a couple of years.