PDA

View Full Version : Farid El Alagui

JJP
17-08-2014, 10:37 PM
2 goals in 2 league games so far. Looks to me like we have finally found a decent goal scorer. Keep it up Farid.

S4uzee
17-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Really like Farid. Can't remember the last time I seen a Hibs forward win so many flick ons in a game

Stranraer
17-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Cracking player and a great guy IMO, rallied the Hibs fans a couple of times today and scored a cracker - shame about the header.

Pete
17-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Geeing up the fans, great goal and first over to clap at the end.

Farid is class and I hope he's around for a while. He could do with some help though.

yankyhibby
17-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Thank goodness we have someone who knows how to hit the back of the net. Now, if we can only get a few more quality players to create and assist and chip in with the odd goal.

Bishop Hibee
17-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Great signing. Someone with pace to feed off him or wide players getting crosses in and he'll score a barrowload this season.

baggio70
17-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Really like Farid. Can't remember the last time I seen a Hibs forward win so many flick ons in a game

Keith wright

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 11:00 PM
He will score goals in this division, we could do with another though who will pitch in with a fair amount too.

Iain G
17-08-2014, 11:11 PM
He will score goals in this division, we could do with another though who will pitch in with a fair amount too.

Cummings hopefully?!

hibees 7062
17-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Great signing. Someone with pace to feed off him or wide players getting crosses in and he'll score a barrowload this season.

Kennedy :agree:

Ozyhibby
18-08-2014, 12:21 AM
Farid played well today with zero support.

FitbaFolkKen
18-08-2014, 12:47 AM
His goal was a peach today, shame he didn't bury the header right before it. Looks good.

WestCoastHibby
18-08-2014, 02:25 AM
Yup,
He's got an eye for goal. Is he any good at penalties? That was an absolute shocker.......

Liam_Hibs
18-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Loved him coming back to help defend. Brilliant goal and seems to be a great guy too. The right kind of player to have in the team!

Lucius Apuleius
18-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Was not impressed his first few games. Seemed to win lots of headers offensively and defencively without seeing anything in his footwork to impress. Changed my mind yesterday. Beautifully taken goal.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 08:32 AM
I love his work rate, but he's got more to him than just that. He can clearly score goals, and he's decent at holding the ball up and keeping possession.

A much better option than Collins, an improvement you could say.

Lago
18-08-2014, 08:39 AM
I love his work rate, but he's got more to him than just that. He can clearly score goals, and he's decent at holding the ball up and keeping possession.

Agree, but needs a much better midfield supporting him, Craig, Robertson and Stanton need to give themselves a shake.

Forza Fred
18-08-2014, 08:39 AM

Absolutely.

But as you say earlier we need another striker to assist in the goal scoring department.

Who knows who scores if he's out injured.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Absolutely.

But as you say earlier we need another striker to assist in the goal scoring department.

Who knows who scores if he's out injured.

Leigh Griffiths. :pray: I agree with what you say, and its not just up front. We are short of quality players all over the park, and short of actual bodies in the squad for a season in the championship.

Someone like Griffiths has proven he can mask that by the amount of goals he scores, unless we sign 4 or 5 other players who are better than what we currently have we can't win this league in my opinion, signing Griffiths gives us an outside chance just because of the goals he would score.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2014, 08:53 AM
The 3 playing behind him need to offer more. Harris had a lot of nice touches in the first half but not really in the right areas. Stanton has offered nothing in any of the games so far. He's lost out wide. And I still just think Handling lacks something. There isn't enough threat going forward from him. Farid must have won 90% of the balls up to him but those 3 in particular didn't anticipate anything and get on to the second ball. The one time we did we ended up with a penalty. That should have encouraged them to be closer to him and make some runs, take a chance.

We need better crosses in to the box. The number of times we hit crosses in to the stand yesterday was shocking. The big man will go and attack it if the quality is there. Full backs have a big part to play in that too. I'd be tempted to put Booth in who has a bit more composure on the ball and might deliver something.

eezyrider
18-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Farid should also be taking the penalties.

EZ

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2014, 09:25 AM
This lad looks like being an asset, but he needs service from out wide and support from midfield. Lack of that destroyed James Collins IMO and will do the same to El Alagui ....... though he does seem more capable of making and taking chances for himself if yesterdays cracking effort is anything to go by.

I've got one of these adverts for water aid in Africa going through my head:

This is Farid ..... He has to trudge miles every game to get on the ball, he is dying from lack of service, but it doesn't have to be like that. You could help buy Farid and forwards like him a desperately needed winger by sending £2 a month to our charity. Just text WINGER to 555 555 5. Don't let another striker suffer through lack of service.

Dalkeith Hibee
18-08-2014, 10:29 AM
The guy looks the part. Puts himself about, great movement and can score goals. Wish we had him last season. I always say if you have a goalscoring striker in your team then he should be taking the penalties

TowerHibs
18-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Like to see Cummings playing off him. He is 10 times more effective than Handling on the ball and gets involved.

sbell1875
18-08-2014, 12:33 PM
He is class and looks more than capable of getting 20+ goals this season but he badly needs support and service from midfield.

He's fed off scraps most of the season so far and has still managed 2 in 3 games.

frazeHFC
18-08-2014, 01:23 PM
He done really well yesterday, won headers, is good holding it up with his feet, strong. And what a classy finish that was. Him and Cummings will be a good strike partnership.

Boyle89
18-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Was not impressed his first few games. Seemed to win lots of headers offensively and defencively without seeing anything in his footwork to impress. Changed my mind yesterday. Beautifully taken goal.

Dad? This is what my dad thought of him.

emerald green
18-08-2014, 04:45 PM
If he had Leigh Griffiths playing up front with him they would run riot in this league given some decent service.

Nutmegged
18-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Misses a lot of what I'd class as easy chances, forwards miss those but I fear that these misses wi haunt us if they continue, missed two fantastic chances at Ibrox which would IMO have won us the game, missed a glorious header yesterday too that could have gave us a fighting chance of getting a draw, his goal was an absolute peach which gives us an insight into what he can deliver but the game was stone dead by that point.

We do need to create more chances for him though

Smartie
18-08-2014, 04:50 PM
He did very well with limited/no service. Butcher would have killed for someone who was able to make so much of pretty aimless lumps up the park alone and with no support.

erin go bragh
18-08-2014, 04:51 PM
The guy looks the part. Puts himself about, great movement and can score goals. Wish we had him last season. I always say if you have a goalscoring striker in your team then he should be taking the penalties

Agree 100% . He should take the next one .

Ggtth

Pretty Boy
18-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Love the big guy already.

Cult hero in waiting.

lord bunberry
18-08-2014, 07:39 PM
How is it you pronounce his name? The commentators pronounced it differently from how I'd previously heard. I thought it was alagooey but they seemed to be saying alagee

CallumLaidlaw
18-08-2014, 07:48 PM
How is it you pronounce his name? The commentators pronounced it differently from how I'd previously heard. I thought it was alagooey but they seemed to be saying alagee

On his initial interview with Hibs tv he pronounced it Alagee

mca
18-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Jus before I moved South - It was 2 or 3 Seasons ago - and the lassie from the Radio.. she does sports and I think was on the real radio football and maybe the BBC at times.. Falkirk supporter I think..

Anyway - She was always raving about him and how he was destined for Bigger Clubs.. :agree:

lord bunberry
18-08-2014, 07:51 PM

Thanks

Matt92
18-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Really like this guy- don't know a player I have taken to so quickly.

He wins almost every single header be it when he is back grafting for the defence or up front. He wynds defenders up no end- you saw him gnawing away at McHattie all game who resorted to pushing him and almost sticking the head in. He has scored two good goals in two games from the head whilst the other was an outrageous bit of skill. Finally he really rallies the support and his team mates.

Keep it up Farid- you obviously can do it at this level as you have proven with Falkirk- hope you are still with us when we are challenging for Europe in a few years :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Said as soon as I knew he was signing he'd score goals. Was delighted when I knew he was coming here.

FARID, FARID, FARID!!!

Cameron1875
18-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Top lad. Could be a cult hero if he fires us to promotion :aok::greengrin

CorrieHibs
19-08-2014, 09:55 AM
100% effort on Sunday and took his goal brilliantly. We need a song for this guy!

Elephant Stone
19-08-2014, 10:13 AM
100% effort on Sunday and took his goal brilliantly. We need a song for this guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_MIcIwLEw

Farid El, Farid El
Farid E------l
Al Agee

:cb

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 10:18 AM

:singing:

"A-la-gee, gee, gee,
push Pineapple,
shake the tree..."

:singing:

QMU-1875
19-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Was loving his attempts to get the crowd gee'd up as well :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
19-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Dad? This is what my dad thought of him.

:shocked::offski:

It wisnae me!!!!!!

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 10:46 AM
:shocked::offski:

It wisnae me!!!!!!

Just start saving for the pocket money you owe.

R11Loaded
19-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Never heard a louder Hibs support than the ten minutes after he gave us the come on gesture on Sunday

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

silverhibee
19-08-2014, 09:56 PM
He will do well for us, just need other players in the team to get some goals as well.

MyJo
19-08-2014, 10:04 PM
He came from South Morocco,
Via Falkirk and Dundee
But now he loves the hibbes
He's farid al alagui

Unseen work
19-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Oh a - alagui
Say oh a - alagui

Simple but effective

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Farid's a grand old team to play for
Farid's a grand old team to see

JHFC
20-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Oh a - alagui
Say oh a - alagui

Simple but effective

we have a winner

wills
20-08-2014, 06:56 AM
great in the air, but he needs to improve on his first touch

Ronniekirk
20-08-2014, 07:34 AM
He came from South Morocco,
Via Falkirk and Dundee
But now he loves the hibbes
He's farid al alagui
Like this one as fits into existing song we sing and could easily be added on as extra verse :wink:

Ronniekirk
20-08-2014, 07:41 AM
great in the air, but he needs to improve on his first touch
His ability to win flick ones needs to be exploited by us and his ability to jump a few feet in air and control ball with chest is something haven't seen for a long time .Tend to agree first touch at times with feet can loses us possession but that deft control at Tynie for goal was skill at its best ,it was like it was in slow motion More of that please Farid

Brightside
20-08-2014, 09:43 AM

Shuggy

jacomo
20-08-2014, 03:34 PM
His ability to win flick ones needs to be exploited by us and his ability to jump a few feet in air and control ball with chest is something haven't seen for a long time .Tend to agree first touch at times with feet can loses us possession but that deft control at Tynie for goal was skill at its best ,it was like it was in slow motion More of that please Farid

Hopefully our midfielders will start making more runs into the box when they see Farid has a chance of laying it off to them.

Pass and MOVE Hibs, pass and move.

ancient hibee
20-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Hopefully our midfielders will start making more runs into the box when they see Farid has a chance of laying it off to them.

Pass and MOVE Hibs, pass and move.
Like happened for the penalty.

dchibs
20-08-2014, 09:24 PM

El Alagui-e t o the song tra la la boom diay repeated 4 times.

R11Loaded
21-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Why haven't we chanted

FARID FARID FARID IS ON FIRE after his goals

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey