PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson/Walker (Both offered 2 game ban)

dp00
17-08-2014, 08:42 PM
If Stevenson is going to get banned for his challenge ... Surely walker will get banned for putting his head towards Stevenson in the aftermath ?

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 08:42 PM
What actually happened?

Was really hard to see from the other end and not seen any highlights yet.

Biggie
17-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Watched when I got in and didn't realise what he'd done...but he went in and raked his calf...IMHO nothing more than a booking, but walker tried to stick the head on him.......thought andy walker was going to come he was so excited about stevesons tackle.....twat....

Mr White
17-08-2014, 08:52 PM
What actually happened?

Was really hard to see from the other end and not seen any highlights yet.

Stevenson booted walker as he shielded the ball. Walker took exception and squared up but I think it's stretching things a bit to say he headbutted lewis. Lewis probably should have seen red and probably still will while I'd say walkers reaction should have earned a booking.

KWJ
17-08-2014, 08:52 PM
When they were wasting time in the corner Stevenson swiped through Walker from behind without really looking like going for the ball and clearly pretty frustrated. Walker didn't react kindly, sought out Lewis put head to his and finished by pushing it forward.

Commentator then criticizes Stevenson and doesn't mention Walker's headbutt.

Stevenson's was maybe a red, Walker's was definitely a red.

Centre Hawf
17-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Lewis would have demolished that wee fud had it came down to it. No doubt about it.

hibee_girl
17-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Stevenson booted walker as he shielded the ball. Walker took exception and squared up but I think it's stretching things a bit to say he headbutted lewis. Lewis probably should have seen red and probably still will while I'd say walkers reaction should have earned a booking.

It might not have been a full on head butt but we've seen plenty players getting sent off for that. Even Mr Hearts Neil McCann said he should be looked at if Stevenson's is picked up on.

hibee_girl
17-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Watched when I got in and didn't realise what he'd done...but he went in and raked his calf...IMHO nothing more than a booking, but walker tried to stick the head on him.......thought andy walker was going to come he was so excited about stevesons tackle.....twat....

:agree: Going on about how Stevenson 'isn't a hard man' etc :rolleyes:

Mr White
17-08-2014, 09:00 PM
It might not have been a full on head butt but we've seen plenty players getting sent off for that. Even Mr Hearts Neil McCann said he should be looked at if Stevenson's is picked up on.

I agree players have been sent off for less than walkers reaction but from what I saw of it I feel lewis committed the worse offence.

hibee_girl
17-08-2014, 09:01 PM
I agree players have been sent off for less than walkers reaction but from what I saw of it I feel lewis committed the worse offence.

:agree: He did

Biggie
17-08-2014, 09:02 PM

Yeah I laughed at that bit.....wee Lewis is solid, and would half walker in a tackle....I really like that part of Lewis's ability to put his foot in....he was clearly frustrated......

Stantons Angel
17-08-2014, 09:24 PM

He started with " Stevenson is a footballer.....and not a "hard man" and neither he is. The tackle was totally out of character for Lewis and showed sheer frustration on his part. If Lewis gets called up on this then i hope Walker gets taken to task also!

Anyone who has questioned Lewis's commitment to the cause in the past have now got the answer they were looking for and i hope they are happy with it?

erin go bragh
17-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Stupid foul to give away ,when theres a minute to go and we need a goal . Imo

Ggtth

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Andy Walker is such a massive fud

Biggie
17-08-2014, 09:38 PM

Can't argue with that !

dp00
17-08-2014, 09:45 PM

Patronising scrotum

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Missed the out-of-character move by Stevenson but the motion of a head butt is something that is actionable even without contact. Certainly the Hibs players were very vocal in pointing that out to the officials but Collum was too far away and I can only assume the linesman was looking elsewhere.

bubblesmorrison
17-08-2014, 10:06 PM

Nearly chucked my laprop through the window at this stage! Andy walker is a tool

hibee_girl
17-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Just been shown on sportscene highlights so might be discussed on there

KeithTheHibby
18-08-2014, 07:36 AM
Regardless of what happened Andy walker is a massive ****. Slagging off Lewis by saying he's not a hard man. Would love to see the pair of them in a 50/50 challenge, would be nothing left of that Celtic ****.

Zondervan
18-08-2014, 07:44 AM
If Lewis was booked at the time for the tackle, then he can't get a retrospective red or any other punishment.

Walker could though.

cabbageandribs1875
18-08-2014, 08:06 AM
He started with " Stevenson is a footballer.....and not a "hard man" and neither he is. The tackle was totally out of character for Lewis and showed sheer frustration on his part. If Lewis gets called up on this then i hope Walker gets taken to task also!

Anyone who has questioned Lewis's commitment to the cause in the past have now got the answer they were looking for and i hope they are happy with it?

i don't think i've read ANY poster on here questioning the wee mans commitment, the quality of his passing yes...but not his commitment

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 08:30 AM
If Lewis was booked at the time for the tackle, then he can't get a retrospective red or any other punishment.

Walker could though.

I don't think he was booked at the time?

hibee_girl
18-08-2014, 08:31 AM
I don't think he was booked at the time?

He wasn't booked at all yesterday

SlickShoes
18-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Stevensons behaviour at the end of the game was ridiculous, if any other player in our team had done this he'd have been hounded for it but not precious lewis the trier.

The guy is untouchable, he made a ridiculous challenge and slowed the game down to boot when we needed to put hearts under pressure, idiotic.

Andy Walker isn't the enemy here either he said "I don't know what he is doing, he isn't a hard man he is a football player" which I took to mean he rates him as a player and doesn't think he is a thug. But you guys just see it as someone giving your precious untouchable Lewis "cut inside and pass it back" Stevenson abuse, when it was actually nothing of the sort.

mmmmhibby
18-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Stevensons behaviour at the end of the game was ridiculous, if any other player in our team had done this he'd have been hounded for it but not precious lewis the trier.

The guy is untouchable, he made a ridiculous challenge and slowed the game down to boot when we needed to put hearts under pressure, idiotic.

Andy Walker isn't the enemy here either he said "I don't know what he is doing, he isn't a hard man he is a football player" which I took to mean he rates him as a player and doesn't think he is a thug. But you guys just see it as someone giving your precious untouchable Lewis "cut inside and pass it back" Stevenson abuse, when it was actually nothing of the sort.

You will get slaughtered for that post lol

Cameron1875
18-08-2014, 09:09 AM

:tin hat:!!

There does seem to be a lot of folk that defend Stevenson due to his commitment alone.

Sorry but working your knackers off should be the minimum requirement for any football player. Sadly we don't seem to sign many that do which makes Stevenson appear more favourably to some.

SMAXXA
18-08-2014, 09:32 AM
It may just be me but I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill, certainly don't think it's worth anything retrospective. It was handbags and I will be very surprised if anyone is punished

Judas Iscariot
18-08-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm glad he booted the wee ****

Pray4Marc
18-08-2014, 09:44 AM
I am just upset he never broke Walkers leg, the little rat is always diving. IMO rat boy dived and should be given a ban for the headbutt. Disgusting from squint beak.

Turkish Green
18-08-2014, 09:49 AM
I thought AS was a wee bit naive calling for the compliance officer to look at Walker's action as Stevenson's rake was the far more serious.

Just let it die.

marinello59
18-08-2014, 09:50 AM
It may just be me but I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill, certainly don't think it's worth anything retrospective. It was handbags and I will be very surprised if anyone is punished

I agree. Stupid behaviour by Stevenson and a laughable head butt gesture by Walker. The ref chose not to hand out any punishment, it should be left at that.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm glad he booted the wee ****

Aye he did a great job.......of completely killing the game for Hearts. We scored with 3 minutes to go and the ball was never back out of our half after that.

hibee_girl
18-08-2014, 10:25 AM

:agree:

MrRobot
18-08-2014, 11:02 AM
If either of them get banned I will be surprised. Stevenson was a bit daft but it was a booking at best. The Hearts boy didn't try to headbutt him IMO. It was handbags.

Deansy
18-08-2014, 11:17 AM
BBC Scot actually mentioned Walker's 'attempted head-butt' on Lewis (yeah I know - shocked me too) but BT (Andy Walker) despite showing the replay, concentrated solely on Lewis and didn't mention it at all - if anything, Walker probably needed some tissues to 'wipe himself-off' after !. He's an ex-Hibee but another one who seems to have a 'dislike' for us - why is this ??.

P.s - just watched the highlights and their penalty - ok, Robertson was pushing (both of them were) but if you watch the slow-motion replay (from behind the goals), at the moment Sow went down, Robertson wasn't doing it, it's more a case of Sow pushing himself off Robertson and theatrically falling !. Not long there but he's picked up their 'habits' already - must be their training.

Callum_62
18-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Wasnt it Prince that robbo fouled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
18-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Wasnt it Prince that robbo fouled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree: as he then got up and took the penalty himself.

On topic: I haven't seen replays but Stevenson's kick looked pretty naughty (would have to see again before giving my opinion on whether it deserved a card and what colour.. likely at least yellow though)

However, I seen Walker's "headbutt" first time. If Stevenson had chosen to fall to the ground holding his head.. Walker is sent off. Was clear to see the motion which these days would be treated as a red. I would be happy just forgetting about all of yesterday though... including this incident.

Andy Walker's commentary on it was as bad as either player's part.

skipster7
18-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Load of nonsense being written here. Hearts were happy to keep the ball in the corner for a full 2 minutes if required. Lewis got frustrated just as the Livi boys did last week when we done it.If your going to do that in the corner you can expect a kick. Nobody died move on.

skipster7
18-08-2014, 12:13 PM
:agree: He did
Dangerous play not worse than violent conduct by any stretch.

ancient hibee
18-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Refs know this is always a flashpoint so they are quick to get in and separate players which is what the ref and the linesman did to stop anyone being really silly.They did it well no need to book anyone -time to move on.

PatHead
18-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Must admit I am pleased to see Hibs standing up for themselves about the "headbutt" incident. We moan about the board letting folk walk all over us and accepting decisions lying down. Good to see a change in attitude.

If we keep it up we will highlight bad referees.

Barney McGrew
19-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Lewis and Walker offered two match bans by the SFA for the incident

Hibbie_Cameron
19-08-2014, 03:23 PM

Was always going to happen. Stubbs was silly to bring up the Walker incident imo as Lewis' kick was the worse of the two offences

Spike Mandela
19-08-2014, 03:25 PM

Great. We have played three competitive games and have effectively had three players sent off. This small squad better start screwing the nut or it's going to be a long season.

Chance for Booth to cement his place now I suppose.

Boyle89
19-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Accept and move on. Booth in for lewis.

Velma Dinkley
19-08-2014, 03:26 PM
How long are Robertson and Sow suspended for?

Barney McGrew
19-08-2014, 03:28 PM

Robertson will be one game, but will be available at the weekend as it was two yellows. IIRC it kicks in 14 days after the offence. If he's totted up enough points from previous bookings he might miss a second game.

Sow will automatically miss the next game for a straight red.

Hibbie_Cameron
19-08-2014, 03:28 PM

1 game for Robertson and 3 for the thug

Velma Dinkley
19-08-2014, 03:31 PM
I would think Sow's suspension could lead to Hearts dropping points. At least we have players who can step into our midfield for Robertson.

JimBHibees
19-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Was always going to happen. Stubbs was silly to bring up the Walker incident imo as Lewis' kick was the worse of the two offences

David Tanner of Sky mentioned it in the coverage though only referring to Lewis so dont think anything Stubbsy said would have mattered.

Hibbie_Cameron
19-08-2014, 03:37 PM
David Tanner of Sky mentioned it in the coverage though only referring to Lewis so dont think anything Stubbsy said would have mattered.

Sure i heard him saying that Walker should have walked for the headbutt. There was no way Walker was gonna face a ban and not Lewis

TowerHibs
19-08-2014, 03:39 PM
This trial by telly is excessive though. At what point will it end. Now for attempted bad tackles.

All interpretation which leaves everything open to debate. This new boy seems worse than Vincent lunny

Sir David Gray
19-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Robertson will be one game, but will be available at the weekend as it was two yellows. IIRC it kicks in 14 days after the offence. If he's totted up enough points from previous bookings he might miss a second game.

Sow will automatically miss the next game for a straight red.

Don't think that's right.

The 14 day thing only applies to players who receive a booking which puts them over the points threshold.

A player who is sent off in a match automatically misses the next match as far as I'm aware. :dunno:

Barney McGrew
19-08-2014, 03:40 PM

The 14 day thing only applies to players who receive a booking which puts them over the points threshold.

A player who is sent off in a match automatically misses the next match as far as I'm aware. :dunno:

You could be right. It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong :greengrin

JimBHibees
19-08-2014, 03:49 PM

Thats right a player sent off for 2 bookings like Robertson misses the next game in the same competition e.g League. If violent conduct he misses next game in whatever competition.

greenlex
19-08-2014, 03:53 PM
I thought AS was a wee bit naive calling for the compliance officer to look at Walker's action as Stevenson's rake was the far more serious.

Just let it die.Not if certain tv programmes were highlighting one and not the other. Lewis was always going to get his knuckles wrapped at best so I think Stubbs was just highlighting Walkers part in the incident as others seemed to be glossing over it.

greenlex
19-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Was Sow's not a second yellow rather than a straight red? Might be getting mixed up with Robertsons. Im at a funny age.

JimBHibees
19-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Was Sow's not a second yellow rather than a straight red? Might be getting mixed up with Robertsons. Im at a funny age.

Straight red.

greenlex
19-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Straight red. Ta :aok:

StarMan10
19-08-2014, 04:26 PM
This trial by telly is excessive though. At what point will it end. Now for attempted bad tackles.

All interpretation which leaves everything open to debate. This new boy seems worse than Vincent lunny

It's also wrong in the sense that teams that feature more prominently on TV, whether it be live games or specific highlights are more open to possibility of being picked up on

Onceinawhile
19-08-2014, 04:26 PM

Robertson was definitely two yellows. Sow wasn't booked for elbowing nelson in the face the first time, so it was a straight red.

jdships
19-08-2014, 04:27 PM

:agree::thumbsup:
Question
Does the " compliance officer " get involved if the incident occurs at a , say, Annan Athletic V Albion Rovers or Spartans V Selkirk or Brora Rangers V Fort William game ? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Its all bollox this, how many times does this happen when its not on the tv?

PatHead
19-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Yet another occasion Collum has not done his job at the time. How many retrospective red cards has he featured in now?

emerald green
19-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Yet another occasion Collum has not done his job at the time. How many retrospective red cards has he featured in now?

Surely not another occasion where both referee and his assistant are both "unsighted"? :cb

Billychaotic182
19-08-2014, 04:58 PM
I don't get how something that's only a yellow card offence is a two match ban if not spotted by the ref.

BH Hibs
19-08-2014, 05:08 PM
This compliance officer thing has gone way over the top now. Fair enough if someone gets lamped off the ball and yhe officials miss it but getting banned for what happened or didn't happen on Sunday is a joke.

RSS Bot
19-08-2014, 05:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4750)

hibee_girl
19-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Hibs accepting the 2 match ban http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4750

GreenLake
19-08-2014, 05:19 PM
If Walker gets two games for a wee head bump then I wonder how long Brandao will get for his nose crunching headbutt on Motta.

nellio
19-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Give booth a few games. Just accept it and move on, don't want to be risking a further few games by appealing.

scoopyboy
19-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Give booth a few games. Just accept it and move on, don't want to be risking a further few games by appealing.

Hibs have accepted it.

Velma Dinkley
19-08-2014, 05:34 PM
On the plus side, it gives Booth a chance and I think he'll do well for us in this league. It also keeps Stevenson fresh and, although it's only the start of the season, it's going to be a long, tough season for our small squad - we will win the league, though :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
19-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Disappointed about the ban but even more disappointed that the SFA felt it worthy of punishment. There are incidents similar to this in lots of games and I doubt they'll all be treated the same way

wookie70
19-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Can you be given a two game ban after being sent off by the ref. If not why can you be given a different punishment after trial by tv which will always make a bad incident look worse.

I have no issue with TV evidence if it is equitable but it won't be as some teams are on TV more than others. It should also only be used when the ref and lino don't see an incident. If they missed both Stevenson and Walker when the ball was in a static situation then they should never look after another game. I think the ref was sensible and took the view the game was nearly finished. The authorities have made him look like a tit and also deprived us and them of players when we are both stretched. Common sense must prevail at some point.

ancient hibee
19-08-2014, 05:59 PM
I also thought the ref took the right approach at the time.I understood that the compliance officer only acted if the referee had not seen an incident.In this case he clearly had.Presumably if he had put it in his report and said no further action was required that would be the end of it.

Argylehibby
19-08-2014, 06:01 PM

That's his 3rd Hearts retro red in derby games and you have to ask whether he is competent enough to handle these games. If the same ref missed 3 reds for 1 team in an old firm derby he would be lucky to referee again never mind referee another old firm match. When you include LS's retro red that's 4 he has failed to hand out over a relatively short period of time.

JJP
19-08-2014, 06:01 PM
No complaints, Lewis' own fault.

Scouse Hibee
19-08-2014, 06:07 PM
I am just upset he never broke Walkers leg, the little rat is always diving. IMO rat boy dived and should be given a ban for the headbutt. Disgusting from squint beak.

Behave yourself FFS

oneone73
19-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Behave yourself FFS

Hear hear

Viva_Palmeiras
19-08-2014, 06:39 PM

I agree - we should just adapt that driverless car and use a GoogleRef! ;)

emerald green
19-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Handling, Robertson, and now Stevenson and the season has just started.

I'm all in favour of Hibs players getting stuck in, but they have to learn to do it properly, not shoot themselves (and their team mates) in the foot, and not end up getting bookings and/or sent off.

With the threadbare squad Hibs have got, the team cannot afford this to continue throughout the season because it will have repercussions later.

Aldo
19-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Disappointed about the ban but even more disappointed that the SFA felt it worthy of punishment. There are incidents similar to this in lots of games and I doubt they'll all be treated the same way

Indeed JB. I have no issues with folk getting banned however I hope (very much doubt) that the panel viewing these incidents are consistent with who they offer bans to.

We shall see in the coming season

Hibs Class
19-08-2014, 07:10 PM

At least in the SPL there was a fairly level playing field as all matched were televised so any unseen incidents stood an equal chance of being highlighted. This season though it could be a disadvantage for us, hearts and the rangers.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2014, 07:11 PM
At least in the SPL there was a fairly level playing field as all matched were televised so any unseen incidents stood an equal chance of being highlighted. This season though it could be a disadvantage for us, hearts and the rangers.

:faf:

Ronniekirk
19-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Handling, Robertson, and now Stevenson and the season has just started.

I'm all in favour of Hibs players getting stuck in, but they have to learn to do it properly, not shoot themselves (and their team mates) in the foot, and not end up getting bookings and/or sent off.

With the threadbare squad Hibs have got, the team cannot afford this to continue throughout the season because it will have repercussions later.

Is it a sign of trying too hard to please new manager or more frustration setting in this early and indiscipline creeping in , which with smaller squad would be a problem for us .

Aldo
19-08-2014, 07:14 PM
:faf:

Indeed Trig.

We shall see how the compliance officer does but I wonder if Sportscene will show many incidents over and over again involving der Hun players during their highlights???

lucky
19-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Two of then deserve the ban. The bigger clubs are disadvantaged by this trial by TV. But it does mean the Rangers will be under bigger scrutiny as they are on TV every week.

Aldo
19-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Two of then deserve the ban. The bigger clubs are disadvantaged by this trial by TV. But it does mean the Rangers will be under bigger scrutiny as they are on TV every week.

Agree Lucky but I really wonder if der Hun incidents will be scrutinised as much as other teams?? We shall see

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Ill tell the jokes mate faf

Smartie
19-08-2014, 07:19 PM
I thought it was a pretty ugly challenge and fair enough that he gets punished.

That Jambo must be spewing though, never a headbutt and never worthy of retrospective punishment.

sleeping giant
19-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Am i the only one who thinks Lewid does NOT deserve a ban ?

FFS , what a bunch of pussies football players have become.

Saying that , The Jambo clown does not deserve a ban either. Heedbut ? Heedbut FFS :faf:

Mair like foreplay

matty_f
19-08-2014, 08:47 PM
What was the difference between what Lewis did and what the wee Yam scrote did to him at the end of the New Year derby? Right at the end of the game, Lewis has the ball in the corner and some wee tramp boots him, no attempt for the ball. Was he banned afterwards?

silverhibee
19-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Hope Booth is given his chance and takes it.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2014, 08:54 PM

Doesn't seem to have been given much of a chance recently

B.H.F.C
19-08-2014, 09:09 PM

Hope so as well. Main strength is attacking so hopefully he does that and gets some decent crosses into big Farid. In our first few games our crossing from open play has been terrible.

Geo_1875
19-08-2014, 09:47 PM
How many games have they offered Sow for splitting Nelson's head open? Must be worth 4 or 5 unless they're using the McCulloch yardstick.

Deansy
19-08-2014, 10:23 PM
How many 'Retrospective red-cards' have the PBS thugs had in recent derby-games - 5-6 ? . And how many of those games did we lose because they (unfairly) still had 11 on the pitch ?

skipster7
19-08-2014, 10:47 PM

Not for me. Dangerous play possibly from Lewis and violent conduct from walker. Ref seen it and that should have been the end of it.

TowerHibs
19-08-2014, 11:08 PM
And do yellow cards get withdrawn if refs make a mistake??? For example diving and winning the ball.

Or would that equate to admitting refs also make mistakes. Game is a complete bogey, much better without this TV and Internet *****. All tit and tat stuff now. Starts to drain the life out the game

danhibees1875
19-08-2014, 11:33 PM
How many 'Retrospective red-cards' have the PBS thugs had in recent derby-games - 5-6 ? . And how many of those games did we lose because they (unfairly) still had 11 on the pitch ?

Lewis' was more of a red and our penalty was extremely soft.

Prior to Sunday, I would be in full agreement though.

P.S. Walker, Stevenson, McGowan and Templeton have all received retro red cards I believe.

Andy Bee
20-08-2014, 12:12 AM
I put this down to Andy Walkers over reaction when commentating, that fud needs to learn a wee bit self discipline, granted it was a naughty challenge accompanied by a naughty reaction but if he'd of kept his mouth shut or played it down at the time then this thread wouldn't exist, by all accounts that's what the ref made of it so why not leave it there :dunno:

Alan62
20-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Lewis' was more of a red and our penalty was extremely soft.

Lewis' challenge was a little rash. There's no connection though and, arguably, he was going for the ball not the man. The histrionics from the commentary team on Sky were ridiclous and, for me, Willie Collum dealt with the situation appropriately on the day.

I think he got our penalty right too. There's a notion that if you get the slightest touch on the ball that somehow absolves you from committing fouls for a short period of time afterwards. Other than being allowed to touch the ball with his hands, the laws of the game apply to the goalkeeper just the same as they do to the outfield players. Can you imagine their keeper's challenge replicated anywhere else on the pitch and not going unpunished? The slight touch on the ball is completely irrelevant. He goes right through Danny Handling and takes him out of the game. How could that not be a foul?

Smiggy 7-0
20-08-2014, 06:46 AM
I put this down to Andy Walkers over reaction when commentating, that fud needs to learn a wee bit self discipline, granted it was a naughty challenge accompanied by a naughty reaction but if he'd of kept his mouth shut or played it down at the time then this thread wouldn't exist, by all accounts that's what the ref made of it so why not leave it there :dunno:Andy Walker is a wee bawbag and has had it in for Hibs when he wasn't kept on.

Ronniekirk
20-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Doesn't seem to have been given much of a chance recently
Billy remember it was T B s decision ,he wanted him back ,so Stubbs to date obviously hasn't been impressed enough by him in pre season to give him that chance Maybe he was planning to let him go back out on loan with view to brining someone else in nearer end of Transfer window.He will surely get oppertunity now If Hanlon still out and with Robertson and Stevenson suspended will be interested in who is on bench on Saturday as already thin squad being stretched .Players now need to show discipline as plenty teams will be looking to be in our faces and Wynd us up to try and increase the pressure on us ,so it's something we need to show we can handle and Craig needs to learn when to zip it think pressure of captaincy when heat is on to come straight back up may be too Mutch for him .you could see the fear in his eyes as he stepped up to take pen and he then seems to think he has to make amends by arguing about decisions .

overdrive
20-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Am i the only one who thinks Lewid does NOT deserve a ban ?

FFS , what a bunch of pussies football players have become.

Saying that , The Jambo clown does not deserve a ban either. Heedbut ? Heedbut FFS :faf:

Mair like foreplay

:top marks

The cynic in me reckons it is convenient for the SFA to have the chance to dish a retrospective ban out to Hibs and Hearts players.

Edit: The one thing about the Fenlon regime was that we weren't scared to appeal these things, although I reckon our lack of appeal regarding this and Handling's red card is more due to lack of cash.

silverhibee
20-08-2014, 03:27 PM
:top marks

The cynic in me reckons it is convenient for the SFA to have the chance to dish a retrospective ban out to Hibs and Hearts players.

Edit: The one thing about the Fenlon regime was that we weren't scared to appeal these things, although I reckon our lack of appeal regarding this and Handling's red card is more due to lack of cash.

C'mon eh, Stevensons tackle was a red card every day of the week, twas nasty.

Jonnyboy
20-08-2014, 06:47 PM
C'mon eh, Stevensons tackle was a red card every day of the week, twas nasty.

If he'd made contact aye, but he missed the laddie or at best grazed his leg. The Jambo on the other hand should be in Saughton for his part in the incident :wink:

silverhibee
20-08-2014, 06:58 PM
If he'd made contact aye, but he missed the laddie or at best grazed his leg. The Jambo on the other hand should be in Saughton for his part in the incident :wink:

The intent was there J, it was a red, good to see the players are willing to dish it out a bit though :greengrin, and yes you can't go sticking your head in someone's face, so red again.

Jail is a bit harsh. :thumbsup:

Sudds_1
20-08-2014, 07:10 PM
The intent was there J, it was a red, good to see the players are willing to dish it out a bit though :greengrin, and yes you can't go sticking your head in someone's face, so red again.

not for a Yam wi Vaseline. Be a nice break for the bitch..... :-)

Jonnyboy
20-08-2014, 07:32 PM

Not for a Jambo it's not :greengrin